Version 1.0 (Alpha 22) Dev Diary

9 hours ago, SnowDog1942 said:

How do u get a water filter for Dew Collector.  Id like to play without the trader but trader only items are annoying

It's sounds like the water filter part was removed, and the dew collector just make dirty water.

5 minutes ago, Javabean867 said:

It's sounds like the water filter part was removed, and the dew collector just make dirty water.

It can make clean water with filter. It has mod slots.

3 hours ago, faatal said:

2.  I don't know. Most of us are not gun purists and probably don't even look at the iron sights. I put the + on the target and shoot. I do realize it annoys some people and could be better.

It's not really a gun purists thing, the Iron sights are..... just .... just bad! 

If GNS says it's bad! You know it's bad! It also doesn't make sense! Some aim well while others are bad

The AK, m60, pistol, deagle, sniper, pipe weapons aim well! 

But the others are so bad! What's the point of aiming 

Old weapons aimed well

magnumsight.png.0e053d9dd883e948c509b9ec7b9970be.png

cr41tlby10gb1.jpg

tumblr_nl82gdfGcJ1ta6qcfo1_1280.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

It's not really a gun purists thing, the Iron sights are..... just .... just bad! 

If GNS says it's bad! You know it's bad! It also doesn't make sense! Some aim well while others are bad

Old weapons aimed well

It is a purist thing as in caring how real guns work vs video games. If you don't look at the iron sights, and treat it like a video game, then it works fine. Aiming by putting the + on the target and clicking a button to hopefully hit the target is pretty important. It works when used in that way, but no, it is not setup like aiming a real gun with iron sights. It would be nice to make the iron sights line up and remove the strafing gun sway as I don't like that either and maybe someday we will do that.

I actually don't care for iron sights IRL or games as they obscure part of the target. Rather have a red dot or scope so I see the whole target.

5 hours ago, faatal said:

It is a purist thing as in caring how real guns work vs video games. If you don't look at the iron sights, and treat it like a video game, then it works fine. Aiming by putting the + on the target and clicking a button to hopefully hit the target is pretty important. It works when used in that way, but no, it is not setup like aiming a real gun with iron sights. It would be nice to make the iron sights line up and remove the strafing gun sway as I don't like that either and maybe someday we will do that.

I actually don't care for iron sights IRL or games as they obscure part of the target. Rather have a red dot or scope so I see the whole target.

As I understand it, the issue is that when the rear frame of the gun is raised too high, then obscuring part of the target or too much of the field of view is exactly what the problem is. The best examples are probably the pump shotgun, auto-shotgun, and tac rifle, all of which take up a fair amount of the screen when aimed. The last two also have kind of weird sights - the auto-shotty has that shallow-fat front sight, and the tac rifle has a narrow triple leaf design that crowds the target.

For me, it's not a huge deal, especially since shotguns aren't exactly useful for sniping, but I get what they're saying.

7 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Old weapons aimed well

magnumsight.png.0e053d9dd883e948c509b9ec7b9970be.png

cr41tlby10gb1.jpg

tumblr_nl82gdfGcJ1ta6qcfo1_1280.jpeg

The combo bad iron sight + crosshair when aiming is pure madness xD

6 hours ago, faatal said:

I have been playing since A6 and not once I have not noticed or cared about the Aim down sights been a problem, I suspect its like that for a lot of people.  

@faatal In the dev stream they mentioned the buildings will fade in now and not pop in anymore:

A : How did you guys get that to work?

B : Does it give any performance uplift?

C : Can we see an example of it ?

@faatal, can you roughly estimate how many percent roughly ready the bandits are, and what do you think the chances are that they will be in the "A New Threat" update and not carried over again? I'm willing to wait as long as it takes and I'm sure there won't be a carryover, but a lot of players are very concerned about this question.

57 minutes ago, Chaton Noir said:

@faatal, can you roughly estimate how many percent roughly ready the bandits are, and what do you think the chances are that they will be in the "A New Threat" update and not carried over again? I'm willing to wait as long as it takes and I'm sure there won't be a carryover, but a lot of players are very concerned about this question.

From the way I understand it, each update from now on will concentrate on the exact features listed per update, so I don't believe they would change or make it carry over to the next update. I do think the only thing that would change is that the ETA of each one may be closer or further depending on development.

9 minutes ago, AaronG85 said:

From the way I understand it, each update from now on will concentrate on the exact features listed per update, so I don't believe they would change or make it carry over to the next update. I do think the only thing that would change is that the ETA of each one may be closer or further depending on development.

I agree. But some players have already moved bandits to 2030 in the $70 DLC like everything else. Although if you go by their predictions, only A20 should come out in 2030🙃

3 hours ago, Teezer said:

The combo bad iron sight + crosshair when aiming is pure madness xD

I don't mind the cross airs but it's just the aiming.... my main issue is back then it looked fine! But now it looks strange! 

I don't care about tac reloads, partial reloads or anything like that inspections! 

But idk why it downgraded so far, and how inconsistent it is either do it for all of them or none off it. 

4 hours ago, Annihilatorza said:

@faatal In the dev stream they mentioned the buildings will fade in now and not pop in anymore:

A : How did you guys get that to work?

B : Does it give any performance uplift?

C : Can we see an example of it ?

This has been a thing in No Man's Sky for years, especially when flying fast with the ship at low altitude, which has been greatly improved over the years, that game uses a fade shader. 

For reference, even today there is a mod to disable it in NMS and it IMPROVES performance slightly depending on the situation, while this mod years ago improved performance a lot due to the lack of optimization in that shader. Anyway the mod is not worth it unless you have very bad fps, as it worsens the pop-in feeling quite a lot and also doesn't improve the draw distance.

I really hope they have done well with 7 Days to die, it could improve the immersion considerably 🤞

6 minutes ago, Laz Man said:

Not for 1.0 but hopefully in the following update.

On a related note, do the remade vehicles support dye? And if they do support it, is it the same level of support as up to alpha 21 (lacklust, in my opinion) or has it been improved upon?

13 hours ago, faatal said:

I am also not a purist and I agree with you,

However, I have been a gamer since putting quarters into the slots at the local deli which usually had only one or twoo machines and asteroids and space invaders were the biggest thing around. The thing is, that as I am older now, I would rather go in the opposite direction... Any way to get the + on the target to get bigger and/or stand out more? Old eyes in a 4k screen make a single pixel crosshair very tough to see. I would love to see that as an option though I am not holding my breath as I know it would be a while if it happens at all.

In that regard, If anyone knows of a good mod that will do this I would appreciate it.

I realize some may consider this a cheat, but the fact is, I'm just looking for some help for my old eyes on a game I enjoy so much.

19 minutes ago, stretch611 said:

I realize some may consider this a cheat, but the fact is, I'm just looking for some help for my old eyes on a game I enjoy so much.

If anyone considers crosshair customisation a cheat, they are a bit silly.
It would be a nice accessability feature.

6 minutes ago, SONTURK said:

Is there still no date for 1.0?

As long as they remain on schedule possible dates are June 10, June 17, or June 24.

Therefore, July 1 is a safe bet. ;)

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Roland said:

As long as they remain on schedule possible dates are June 10, June 17, or June 24.

Therefore, July 1 is a safe bet. ;)

Are they not taking Twitchcon Europe into account? Would be a slap in the face to European streamers if it happened that weekend

Edited by Doomofman (see edit history)