forums are reaaaaallll sloooooow today

HB_H4wk

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Yes, and i always get that scren with verifying the connection/site showing up. Weird. I did a scan with bitdfender in my PC because that screen is a bit fishy to me, but it found nothing.

I get that a lot too, specially when posting.  I thought it was because i am behind a VPN.

Definitely much better.  I never understood the point of most DDOS attacks.  I mean, if it's against some competitor business, then I suppose.... but against a game developer?  That's just stupid.

6 hours ago, Riamus said:

Definitely much better.  I never understood the point of most DDOS attacks.  I mean, if it's against some competitor business, then I suppose.... but against a game developer?  That's just stupid.

I have been on the steam forums for quite a while now. I have seen people hating on TFP with a shocking intensity. I wouldn´t be surprised if this isn´t just a hater who has too much time on his hands. I mean i have seen people arguing over the development time for several months, with huge walls of text, who haven´t touched the game in years for example.

10 hours ago, Riamus said:

I never understood the point of most DDOS attacks.

We can only speculate, but in a situation like this, revenge is a likely motive. This person was ridiculed or spoken down to or simply disagreed with, and their ego can't handle it. 

If this imagined offense had happened at work or school, this is the same person who would show up later with a rifle. 

4 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

I'm pretty sure I know exactly who it was, and where the attacks are coming from. TFP very likely does as well. This is pretty typical behavior from this group, and I would not be surprised if legal actions were taken again.

Am very intrigued by the use of the word again in the last part of your post...

Not sure if you mean against the same group or same action against a different group...

oh well, not for us to know or worry our pretty little heads.

Yes, I said our pretty little heads. You'll take it and like it. 😛

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)