Are bears gone?

Feycat

6 hours ago, Feycat said:

Do boars still even run around loose? I haven't seen one outside a POI in forever.

5 hours ago, Krougal said:

The same. Not a one have I seen. Now rabbits otoh are all over, maybe not quite as much as chickens but I see plenty.

Plenty of coyote in the desert for good eats too. I haven't spent a lot of time in the snow yet (about to build new main base there) but I imagine there is enough big game there too.

I have seen boars in the wild but only rarely.  Probably only a couple times in a game.  They could definitely use some love.

I don't see too many rabbits in the wild either.  Maybe they just blend in too much to notice.  The chickens are all over the place.  Snakes have gotten bumped up in A21 and you can start finding them more often.

I suspect that the lack of bears in the pines is a way to restrict the ability to gather testosterone needed to craft a stogie. 

Come into the wilds boy

Craft a cigar

You're gonna go far...

You're gonna fly high

You're never gonna die

You're gonna make it if you try...

Well, its a thought anyway. And not too bad of an earworm, eh?

We call it 'Riding the Alpha train' ...

Edited by Melange
felt like it (see edit history)

On 8/20/2023 at 9:17 PM, Melange said:

I suspect that the lack of bears in the pines is a way to restrict the ability to gather testosterone needed to craft a stogie. 

Come into the wilds boy

Craft a cigar

You're gonna go far...

You're gonna fly high

You're never gonna die

Pink Floyd reference...I love it.

On 8/21/2023 at 12:17 AM, Melange said:

Come into the wilds boy

Craft a cigar

You're gonna go far...

You're gonna fly high

You're never gonna die

I mean with the new armor changes coming I don't see why even bother 

24 minutes ago, beerfly said:

Umm.., 

ROADMAP TO GOLD AND BEYOND

1. Bandits
  2. Armor
  3. Weather
  4. Factions & Story
  5. Steam Workshop Support

They were talking about revamping the armor with a20 and didn't get around to it. I thought you meant something was going to happen soon.

18 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

They were talking about revamping the armor with a20 and didn't get around to it. I thought you meant something was going to happen soon.

It was moved to next alpha, I guess both of us know as much as it is shared from The Pimps for now, but I am really interested in how it will go.

Really wonder what will happen with all the clothes we find around the loot, their colors and such. 

If clothes and armor gets separated, but only on 4 slots, would be interesting how it a person will look ingame. 

1 hour ago, ElCabong said:

Enlighten us please

From the looks 

All clothing prices are armors are going to be gone and be replaced with outfits/armor. A 4 peice set. 

They gives buffs and a bonus if you wear the fullset. 

And it seems all outfits and armors will have protection and a uses. 

Some for mining, scavenging, stealth, cargo, Desert, heavy protection, radation, ect

WE still don't know much outside of what we have Been told. And so far aside from what I said. Not much 

6 minutes ago, Adam the Waster said:

From the looks 

All clothing prices are armors are going to be gone and be replaced with outfits/armor. A 4 peice set. 

They gives buffs and a bonus if you wear the fullset. 

And it seems all outfits and armors will have protection and a uses. 

Some for mining, scavenging, stealth, cargo, Desert, heavy protection, radation, ect

WE still don't know much outside of what we have Been told. And so far aside from what I said. Not much 

Imagine a stealth scavenger outfit, upgraded with cargo @%$# in desert dyed heavy protected armor and just for the fun, having a mining perk all over that.

I can`t wait for what it will be. Also, balance would be important. 

P. S. sorry for the offtopic El :)

34 minutes ago, beerfly said:

Imagine a stealth scavenger outfit, upgraded with cargo @%$# in desert dyed heavy protected armor and just for the fun, having a mining perk all over that.

I can`t wait for what it will be. Also, balance would be important. 

P. S. sorry for the offtopic El :)

im excited about the armor, I want to see a Hunter set, or the early game armors, i want to see what was changed and what stayed

and no worries lol

21 hours ago, Rotor said:

Spoiler Alert!

Hide contents

DOOMSlayerconcept.jpg

Welp, they said Fallout was one of their main inspirations. I see that now.

What's the point of the stealth suit? The way POIs are structured to spawn zombies makes it useless. Also makes non-stealthing no big deal. I used to really hesitate to start wrenching apart a POI if it hadn't been cleared, since the sleepers were all fully spawned and you could wake up A LOT of them by stepping on crunchy glass or breaking things. Now they don't exist so nothing aggros them until you step into a room - at which point they are IMMEDIATELY aggro'd to you.

I don't see how the Pimps fix stealth without completely overhauling how zombies in POIs spawn.

1 hour ago, Feycat said:

Now they don't exist so nothing aggros them until you step into a room - at which point they are IMMEDIATELY aggro'd to you.

Funny story....to me anyways.  I am tippy toeing inside one of them burn houses PoIs and fall through attic roof, in a bedroom with 3 monkeys, insta gro.  This time I remembered my greaser pipe mg, and mow them down.  All the time thinking to myself, the whole effing town is awake now.

NADA!

Crouch back down, finished killing the rest in the house.

Edited by Rotor (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Rotor said:

Funny story....to me anyways.  I am tippy toeing inside one of them burn houses PoIs and fall through attic roof, in a bedroom with 3 monkeys, insta gro.  This time I remembered my greaser pipe mg, and mow them down.  All the time thinking to myself, the whole effing town is awake now.

NADA!

Crouch back down, finished killing the rest in the house.

Same! I really preferred it when the sleepers were all present when the POI started, it gave real stakes to whether you wanted to just charge through mowing things down or sneak through or try to keep it room to room.

Been watching old alpha videos from Youtubers and man. Game was ugly but I miss having zombies all over the street in every subdivision

1 hour ago, warmer said:

All game stage dependent. Wolves come pretty quick and then bears

Wolves and bears don't spawn in the forest any more.  They were removed in A21.  I wish they did still spawn there, then I wouldn't have to search out the wasteland/snow to get some testosterone to make a cigar.

Edited by Vaeliorin (see edit history)

3 hours ago, warmer said:

Well I have seen them at night, so I am not sure why you haven't

Probably because you were in Forest downtown and others haven't seen them spawn in yet

Wolves can spawn in the downtown areas, even in the Forest

• 5 weeks later...