a21.1 b6 cloth cost increase

fragtzack

The change is annoying at first because a lot of cloth doesn't actually = a lot of cloth... A full stack of 250 cloth doesn't go that far when we suddenly need to make a lot of duct tape and bandages and other things in a rush. Previously I wouldn't have planted cotton or went out of my way to gather too much cloth on a mission simply because a little went a long way, so it DOES work in making cloth a more valuable resource - one you pick up when you see it and even go out of your way to farm it because you want it in good supply. I think they could increase the stack size to 500, like paper, though.

My only two complaints about the change is the stack size didn't increase to at least 1000, you know, to compensate.
Now the 250 stack size is equivalent to 50 for the old costs.

And secondly, TFP failed in math class or something as their calculations are different to the real world math, example, is takes 60 cloth to make a padded armour piece, scrapping loses 25% resources. 60 minus 25% = 38. Or, bandages cost 10 cloth to make, a stack of 4 (40 cloth) scrap down to 3 cloth

• SylenThunder changed the title to a21.1 b6 cloth cost increase
6 hours ago, Adam the Waster said:

Hope it changes the amount Cotton products. At most give us 5 Cloth for 1 Cotton 

Or 20 fiber for 5 cloth

A T-shirt scraps to 40ish cloth. The amount of cotton is actually consistent with reality. Takes about 100 cotton plants to make a T-shirt at 2grams of cotton per plant. 100 cloth/2 is 50 scrapping usually gives you around 50% of resource. Seems dialed in already.

Edited by warmer (see edit history)

5 hours ago, warmer said:

A T-shirt scraps to 40ish cloth. The amount of cotton is actually consistent with reality. Takes about 100 cotton plants to make a T-shirt at 2grams of cotton per plant. 100 cloth/2 is 50 scrapping usually gives you around 50% of resource. Seems dialed in already.

where did you get 50% from?
scrapping loses 25% rounded down