Eggs if nests disappear

myrkana

• myrkana changed the title to Eggs if nests disappear

Yeah eggs have definitely been buffed in terms of how often you find them in nests. Used to be pretty rare. That and there are nests everywhere. Unless you are squatting in one area the entire game, it would be pretty hard to not have a regular supply of eggs.

Additionally, while bacon and eggs are a great early-game meal, once you read enough cooking books, you will be able to make much better foods that don't require eggs.

The nests you loot don't respawn but I find new nests all over the place. I have like 35 eggs because I need lots of feathers. 

One point in lucky looter seems to get me more eggs. I always put one of the first four points I get into lucky looter.

35 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

One point in lucky looter seems to get me more eggs. I always put one of the first four points I get into lucky looter.

Then how would you know the point has anything to do with it..? :)

I have over 125 eggs, and don't need them at the moment.

Have better foods.

I'm saving them though, just because.  Over 300 meat, and always grab what I can.

Same reason.  (and sometimes the bunnies and chickens are just too stupid not to grab)

Snakes of course, well, ...

Haven't hit up the snow biome yet, but that's always a meat delivery system when using machineguns.  :D

I've started two playthroughs, hit up every nest I've come up on, and both times had 100 eggs by the start of the first night. They've definitely buffed the probability of eggs in a nest. For the most part, even without chunk reset, there will be plenty of eggs to collect. It just forces you to move further away from your base if you haven't progressed to a point where eggs are no longer an issue. I don't hate it.

14 hours ago, Stranded_Napkin said:

I've started two playthroughs, hit up every nest I've come up on, and both times had 100 eggs by the start of the first night. They've definitely buffed the probability of eggs in a nest. For the most part, even without chunk reset, there will be plenty of eggs to collect. It just forces you to move further away from your base if you haven't progressed to a point where eggs are no longer an issue. I don't hate it.

When did this happen? because I am on day 7 looted every nest i've seen and I have a grand total of 18 eggs, and I've looted well over 40-50 nests.

5 hours ago, Scyris said:

When did this happen? because I am on day 7 looted every nest i've seen and I have a grand total of 18 eggs, and I've looted well over 40-50 nests.

That does seem very high for day 1 but if you loot a ton of nests or have high loot abundance, it would be possible.  Even so, your results seem very low.  I've seen a noticeable increase in eggs in A21.  I quickly have far more than I will ever use and that isn't with much looting of nests.  I'll hit maybe 20-30 total and have 50+ eggs.  I don't do that day 1, though.  It's still RNG though, so getting a bunch of empty nests is just as possible as getting a bunch of 2-egg nests.

Edited by Riamus (see edit history)

57 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

Because I have tried it without putting one point into lucky looter at the beginning.

Ah, for sufficiently small values of "always", I suppose?

I was just joking; but unless you actually run a proper test, you can't differentiate a 5% loot bonus from good/bad RNG. Just your base loot stage will vary more than that depending on what you're doing.

9 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Ah, for sufficiently small values of "always", I suppose?

I was just joking; but unless you actually run a proper test, you can't differentiate a 5% loot bonus from good/bad RNG. Just your base loot stage will vary more than that depending on what you're doing.

This is true. I have tried it more than once but I really haven't given it that kind of rigorous testing.  that's why I said seems to