Are there any wolves in the forest biome?

ElCabong

I put a point into animal tracker just to see what's going on. I've seen "No tracks" a couple times, but most of the time I crouch in the wilderness, there's at least two little animals in the range, and even 5 isn't uncommon.

Haven't seen a wolf in 4 days yet.

im on like day 15 and ive yet to see a wolf or bear, ive stayed in the forest biome. game is always spawning deer right next to my base at night tho for easy food. in a20 i would always have bears or wolves spawning in at night attacking.

also rarely get any zombies attacking at night i can just do whatever i want. making tons of noise, even with the feral stuff on day/night

2 minutes ago, rykn0w said:

im on like day 15 and ive yet to see a wolf or bear, ive stayed in the forest biome. game is always spawning deer right next to my base at night tho for easy food. in a20 i would always have bears or wolves spawning in at night attacking.

also rarely get any zombies attacking at night i can just do whatever i want. making tons of noise, even with the feral stuff on day/night

Well, madmole said wolves were moved out of the forest biome (see a couple posts above) and since bears would be a higher tier animal, I'd assume they also aren't in the forest anymore either.  I've seen bear, wolves and mountain lions in the snow biome.

Just now, Riamus said:

Well, madmole said wolves were moved out of the forest biome (see a couple posts above) and since bears would be a higher tier animal, I'd assume they also aren't in the forest anymore either.  I've seen bear, wolves and mountain lions in the snow biome.

seen it after i posted but yah quite annoying. used to make it more risky to leave base at night to do things with the threat of wolves and bears along with zombies. 😞

20 minutes ago, rykn0w said:

seen it after i posted but yah quite annoying. used to make it more risky to leave base at night to do things with the threat of wolves and bears along with zombies. 😞

Yeah, I'm not sure why they are changing it.  They said it's a progression thing they are implementing that sounds like it is something that isn't complete and we're only seeing a part of the change for it in A21.  Maybe it'll make sense once we see the entire change.  But I never thought there was anything wrong with them in the forest.  Sure, getting a wolf or dire wolf on day 1/night 1 could be disaster but that rarely happened and I didn't really mind if it did.

Just now, Roland said:

Wolf removal is the next step in survival progression after jars. ;)

Lol.  Had to use the afraid reaction.  I just had to.  Just wait... 3 months from now, it will be a "known fact" that wolves are getting removed.  :D

1 hour ago, Roland said:

I mean... after all, it already works like that with other animals: you already don't see mountain lions, or bears, or zombie bears, in the forest biome.

Am I right? ;)  

1 hour ago, Roland said:

It works in the sense that I have less meat in stock. Prey animals like deer run away when you shoot them or approach them. Wolves, bears and mountain lions run towards you.