Khaine's A21 Modlets! (Bigger backpacks, Lockable Slots, Behemoths, Random Wandering Hordes, etc)

KhaineGB

4 minutes ago, waggz said:

Hey Khaine I know you fixed the lockable inventory slots in DF to stay persistent when restarting the game but is it not fixed in the A21 version?

That is DF specific as it needs C#. This is XML only

Thanks for getting these modlets up so fast great work.   

Another note seeing peoples comments on the poi titles and skull pop removable modlet. I hope you keep them as a modlet and not force use to not have them in Darkness Falls i kinda like them even thought i don't need them. Just would be nice to still have the option to keep them or not.

30 minutes ago, Arsomang said:

Thanks for getting these modlets up so fast great work.   

Another note seeing peoples comments on the poi titles and skull pop removable modlet. I hope you keep them as a modlet and not force use to not have them in Darkness Falls i kinda like them even thought i don't need them. Just would be nice to still have the option to keep them or not.

I'm likely getting rid of the in your face popup in DF as basically most of the discord don't like it.

But the box in the top right might be staying

I'm new to the lockable slots mod and I can't figure out how to actually choose and lock a slot in my backpack.  How does that work?  Thanks!

Never mind, figured it out (use the arrow keys on the backpack to choose how many slots you want to be locked).  Great mod!

Edited by MarissaX (see edit history)

On 6/12/2023 at 1:34 PM, KhaineGB said:

Zombie Reach Adjustment

Error 
2023-06-14T18:05:05 26.688 WRN XML patch for "items.xml" from mod "ZombieReach" did not apply: <set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandMaster']/effect_group/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Range']/@value"  (line 2 at pos 3

18 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

That one is VERY broken and gonna take time.

Anything without a link is not done yet. I left them up here to remind me to get them working because i'm stupid. ;)

Damn. This is the one modlet I was really looking forward to. Haven't played Vanilla in forever and realize I really, really miss it. Thanks for putting all of these modlets together!

1 hour ago, DanielHazmat said:

Error 
2023-06-14T18:05:05 26.688 WRN XML patch for "items.xml" from mod "ZombieReach" did not apply: <set xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandMaster']/effect_group/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Range']/@value"  (line 2 at pos 3

Fixed it. I uploaded the wrong file

1 hour ago, DanielHazmat said:

Error 

effect_group should be removed, should be 

xpath="/items/item[@name='meleeHandMaster']/property[@class='Action0']/property[@name='Range']/@value"

ignore me, Khaine is already on it

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

Thanks so much for all the QOL mods Khaine! Big fan of your work~ I'm stockpiling the mods for when A21 stable hits so that I can jump into it for a good long save~ 

On another note though, does your Persistent Infection mod work for A21 as well? Ever since I started using it in A20, I've been loving the additional challenge of it~ 

TY for the A21 mod updates.  Big fan of your work!  Any chance you could make the 15 slot toolbelt 20 slots for full use of SHIFT + 1 through 0 ?  Also, add numbers to the Toolbelt slots?  I always seem to hit the wrong number and seeing numbers would greatly help.  For SHIFT + , you could use S1, S2, S3.....S0.

Edited by ZOOT (see edit history)

The birdnest crash/explosion sound annoyed me a bit so I turned that off.

I can't be arsed to do a "release" for a mod of that size so if you want it, you're welcome to it. =P

blocks.xml

<configs>
    <append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntBirdnest']">
        <property name="Material" value="Mcorn"/>
        <property name="MaxDamage" value="100"/>
    </append>
</configs>

10 hours ago, Euzio said:

Thanks so much for all the QOL mods Khaine! Big fan of your work~ I'm stockpiling the mods for when A21 stable hits so that I can jump into it for a good long save~ 

On another note though, does your Persistent Infection mod work for A21 as well? Ever since I started using it in A20, I've been loving the additional challenge of it~ 

Haven't tested it, but it might

9 hours ago, ZOOT said:

TY for the A21 mod updates.  Big fan of your work!  Any chance you could make the 15 slot toolbelt 20 slots for full use of SHIFT + 1 through 0 ?  Also, add numbers to the Toolbelt slots?  I always seem to hit the wrong number and seeing numbers would greatly help.  For SHIFT + , you could use S1, S2, S3.....S0.

Probably not. It's a bit too big IMO.

6 hours ago, BigB0iiiJ0nes said:

Not sure if its possible but is there any way to get blood spilling mechanics that happen when running over zombies happen with regular melee and ranged combat? It'd be cool to see blood go everywhere on impact.

I'd have to look into it. I'm gonna guess it's an impact particle so i'd have to find the right one.

3 hours ago, Gazz said:

The birdnest crash/explosion sound annoyed me a bit so I turned that off.

I can't be arsed to do a "release" for a mod of that size so if you want it, you're welcome to it. =P

blocks.xml

<configs>
    <append xpath="/blocks/block[@name='cntBirdnest']">
        <property name="Material" value="Mcorn"/>
        <property name="MaxDamage" value="100"/>
    </append>
</configs>

Get to work with the big boys and then too lazy to make modlets now gazz? ;)

That's not a bad idea though. I may turn that into a modlet this weekend when I get 5 mins.

On 6/14/2023 at 7:07 AM, KhaineGB said:

Added a zombie reach adjustment modlet so zombies can't hit you outside of spear range anymore.

Omg, I knew there was something I was missing. They have been hitting from such distance till now! Thanks Khaine!

Good day Sir

You might want to check "Max Animals/Zombie & Claim Blocks Mod .... I've tried all setting above default 64 and not getting anything more than default and after b317 update ... I saw almost No wandering z's in game ... just the normal POI ones and I'm based in a big city.

Have a Great Weekend and Enjoy. The OldGamer😌

PS: Will be you be working on "Wandering Horde Frequency" in the near future or waiting until game goes Stable?

EDIT: I did install "Dangerous Cities" just a bit ago and it help the zombie loads in town ... still not sure why the Claim Block one did not work like it used to. But still would like to have wandering hordes in the game if possible, but stable is good also.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

On top of things like always I see.  Thanks for all of the advice and stuff over the years, I'll probably bug you in the discord about updating the modlets to whatever new format they require soon.  Though knowing you, you probably already show/explain it somewhere.

I'm sorry but looks like I'm the only one with an issue, I have a number over the top of a number where you select how many slots you want to lock, also you can not change the number of locked slots while you're in a storage box.

Not sure what is wrong with mine.