Not Medieval Mod - A Fantasy Modpack

arramus

Here is a new update for the NMM.

This is specifically for the Github development push with the very latest content.

https://github.com/drkstardragon/NMM

And here is a new World for the Github development push which includes the very latest content.

https://github.com/drkstardragon/NMMWorlds

Both will show 2022June01 in the readme for the NMM and the name for the World to show compatibility.

The Moddb versions will remain as they are for the benefit of some community servers. This Moddb v.22 build and accompanying World are decent builds. They don't incorporate all of the updated features, but will serve communities well since a new version can require a new World, especially where POIs are added.

Updates to the new version include:

- Mushroom blocks received collision update. Somewhat critical as they were impeding (in some cases trapping which could be seen as a fun feature for some) player movement.

- Update to a few POIs for the continual checks for inappropriate assets.

- Two new T1 POIs Bric-a-Brac (A 25x25 store with a mix of the undead) NMM_remant_building_04 (A burnt out TFP building given some aging and a stable for the horses)

- A few small localisation updates here and there for the Wood Bow which had been buffed a little and called Archery Bow. The localisation updates are to change Wooden Bow to Archery Bow in the perk Archery skill descriptions.

Undead entities with some burned ones out back who are caring for the mini crematorium.

20220601151956_1.thumb.jpg.e9f8ba8a4f191a05faa29c413dcf5ade.jpg

Remnant House with burned in the building and Undead in the stable.

20220601152133_1.thumb.jpg.5262f9bb6c29cf1e8de74cc1ed8c5083.jpg

10 hours ago, Ali.J said:

Hi

Please upload this mod in nexus mod 

I have problem when i download this mod from github

Sorry, wont be putting the files on nexus, the mod db version will remain for download at version 22 but will receive no further updates. Github will have dev updates and eventually be linked to the modlauncher.

Edited by drkstardragon (see edit history)

10 hours ago, Ali.J said:

Hi

Please upload this mod in nexus mod 

I have problem when i download this mod from github

Here's the current Moddb version.

https://www.moddb.com/company/not-medieval-mod-developers/downloads/mods10

And a World to go with it.

https://www.moddb.com/company/not-medieval-mod-developers/downloads/nmm01

This Moddb version won't be updated for a little while for sure. Version 22 includes a +1, as the original was 0 version, and all that equated to about 40gb of uploading and it got a bit too frequent. Once a batch of new POIs has been tested in the development version then it'll be good for another Moddb upload. Adding to Nexus as well will just be upload overload. I appreciate the Nexus installer is useful for many players but adding a few mods to a Mods folder is quite an elementary task. For those who are unfamiliar with this process though here are instructions. I'll add them to the opening post as well.

============
INSTALLATION
============
For Players and Server Admin/Hosts who have never installed a mod before, here are some simple step by step instructions:

1. If you've never installed a mod before, it is necessary to create a Mods folder in the main directory, typically inside :\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die. In the future, this location may change and we'll update instructions at that time.
If you have a custom install or your server host has modified the installation location, then you may have to explore.

2. Simply make a new folder called Mods (with a capital M to reflect standard nomenclature) in your '7 Days To Die' main directory folder.

3. You can now drag all of the mod folders directly out of the zipped file, and it can be placed directly into the Mods folder. It should look like the list of folders and file in the image earlier in this post.

Does this Mod need to be installed in the server/client host? = YES
Do players also need to install this Mod? = YES (because it contains custom content that cannot be downloaded from the server).

@Shemasheko kindly shared a medieval house for both the CP49 and NMM mod.

It is a T2 Questable house with a high Undead count potential spread around the building.

It brings additional variety to the Medieval Town and lower Tier Quests.

The house fits the context perfectly and has its own unique features such as the stylish chimney, compact use of space to maximise room count and routing, and a few touches that will stand out as unique to this POI. It has been bundled into the Github Development build and the World for this build has also been updated.

20220601235705_1.thumb.jpg.73d423366f8823e5e9ac8cf6750e3b8d.jpg

8 hours ago, Canute said:

Maybe add fences to the POI borders ?
That give you little advance against the "high Undead count potential spread around the building."

Excuse me if I didn't describe what that means clearly.

Fortunately, they are only spread around on the inside of the building and there is nothing placed on the outside. It will only be when a player walks through the door or brushes up very closely to the building's walls that the undead will wake up and respond. It has been very safe to walk outside without being attacked.

3 hours ago, arramus said:

Excuse me if I didn't describe what that means clearly.

I just thought about a garden fence like many of the POIs allready got.

That would fit at the small town/living houses or crafting houses, so not every customer walk over the flower the crafter's wife plant.

1 hour ago, Canute said:

I just thought about a garden fence like many of the POIs allready got.

That would fit at the small town/living houses or crafting houses, so not every customer walk over the flower the crafter's wife plant.

Yep, fences would be nice for town houses for sure, and even some of the merchant buildings which double as houses. For new POIs added directly from the NMM team, that is very possible. For POIs that came from the CP48, the rules are to leave them as the creator intended apart from modern things and it isn't possible to add fences to those. We'll add some more fences like the one Guppy has for his house as it works well and helps to separate the POIs a little.

The Hansel and Gretel gingerbread house has been added to the development build and already comes with fencing.

20220602141234_1.thumb.jpg.94838888320a6ddb07e9353fde9bcbce.jpg

The only residents of this building are the Goblins as it matches their size and character.

20220602141306_1.thumb.jpg.f609f4339d6ede357459dc40895c160a.jpg

The Github Development build has been updated to include a new Quest.

Contract: Eliminate Horde (Created by @Laz Man for A18 and still very worthy for A20 with just a few updates and customisations)

This quest is placed in the player's toolbelt upon spawning but can also be purchased directly from the Trader when it is stocked.

It is a multi-stage quest as follows:

- Be prompted to head to a selected trader to pick up building supplies.
- Head to a predetermined location and craft defenses as requested in the Quest progress area.

- Place your flag and the Horde will attack your mini base.

- Eliminate the incoming to achieve the Quest.

- Return to the trader to collect your reward and initiate the next stage that follows the same sequence.

There are 3 defense challenges from regular entities, feral type entities, and a mix of feral/chaos type entities.

Each stage of the quest gets closer to the trader to simulate an encroachment into NMM Outpost Territory.

Rewards are very generous and upon completing the final stage, players pick up a skill point.

Players can build their defense beyond the minimum requirement.

Here are a few images to demonstrate.

Check your quest and activate it.

20220602204850_1.thumb.jpg.69b356d1100c18ce301aa02022ce2fb7.jpg

20220602205100_1.thumb.jpg.da125e3514856da5c067295ef4da0e71.jpg

Head to a predetermined Quest rally marker and activate it.

20220602205436_1.thumb.jpg.10893d410f220eef2277438695c85c0b.jpg

Follow the Quest instructions and place your flag. Once you place the flag, the horde will spawn.

20220602205909_1.thumb.jpg.5c68d95075030d694efe8830e83938e4.jpg

Eliminate a preset number to complete each Quest stage.

20220602205924_1.thumb.jpg.cacea2b272628ba237b61685ba0b22d7.jpg

More entities spawn than needed, just in case a bear or NPC gets involved. You can finish them off or return to the trader once you hit the quota.

20220602211734_1.thumb.jpg.8302f52127218b343724c1764bdae88b.jpg

Collect your reward.

20220602211910_1.thumb.jpg.f5587ad10ad56e518121eb7dbd4c61ea.jpg

20220602212856_1.thumb.jpg.c90368ce8c75b250f75065c0e14ceab1.jpg

A new Quest costs 1200 as base price, but the rewards are most favorable.

20220602213403_1.thumb.jpg.f01288716e3c6b5594af9f5d23b016ec.jpg

Is there a reason why you put a zip-archive into the main folder of the world github  and not the files from inside the archive ?

To download the world you mainly use the Clone/download zip function, then you have a zip inside a zip.

Alternative there should be a way to put the archive into the releases, where it can be downloaded too.

5 minutes ago, Canute said:

Is there a reason why you put a zip-archive into the main folder of the world github  and not the files from inside the archive ?

To download the world you mainly use the Clone/download zip function, then you have a zip inside a zip.

Alternative there should be a way to put the archive into the releases, where it can be downloaded too.

Instructions on how to bypass the Clone/download zip function to remove the need for double nesting zip files.

1. Click on the zip file name as it is a hyperlink to a new page. It will open in a new window that provides only the zip download.

https://github.com/drkstardragon/NMMWorlds/blob/main/NMM01_2022June02.zip

Alternatively, it can be downloaded directly.

https://github.com/drkstardragon/NMMWorlds/raw/main/NMM01_2022June02.zip

Here is an update for the Github development build.

Blood Moon Vanguard (Quest)

Upon completing the initial survival quests, players will be given the Blood Moon Vanguard Quest. This quest is only for Blood Moon entities. The challenge is to eliminate 222 entities to receive a skill point reward. This carries over for indefinite Blood Moons and is repeatable once 222 has been reached.

We shall monitor feedback on this value to see if it needs to be revised. As a Single Player it's quite reasonable, but with an NPC or a Party, the player will still receive an elimination point even if they don't complete the kill as the game accepts a non critical hit as being accepted.

This Quest is also from Laz Man and we understand it was created to encourage players to join Blood Moon events.

The Quests for NMM fit into 3 categories:

- Regular day to day POI quests from the trader.
- Expanded quests that are only for specific times or can be fulfilled without paying too much attention, such as 'Zombie Slayer'.

- Special Quests that may send the player on far and distant challenges to face a unique beast.

20220603005210_1.thumb.jpg.85450218b5fbd61d685c9dedf1fbf341.jpg

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

So how is one supposed to kill three guys with bows/crossbows on top of one tower in the joust arena while the other three towers also have people shooting at you?

Skip to 2:05

Alternatively, you could level and gear up sufficiently to deal with the threat or skip over the poi in favor of one less challenging. There are many pois that will severely challenge players, and taking the better side of valour at times is the better choice.

Edited by drkstardragon (see edit history)

Well i got it as a quest on day 29, level 36, Dragon Sword T5, Oakraven Crossbow T5 both modded, wearing iron armor. Figured it could be the crossbow bolts of boom (great naming there btw) but i am still not sure if there is screamers in the mod or not. Usually i rather prefer to not attract screamers in a bigger quest POI. Well we will see, i rather don´t cheese the game so the clipping isn´t my favorite method.

Just wonder how you can even get to the tower to dig under without beeing shot. As soon as i enter the POI they start shooting. And on survivalist it takes only 2 shots to die.

Will try the boom bolts next. Great mod anyways, nice work.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

I tend to stay outside with the Masai rifle after activating the rally marker and clear some of the towers first by running around the outer walls. If they start to come outside, which they often do, I stay really close to the wall to thin them out a bit. The wall seems to reduce their shooting angle very nicely. I haven't seen a screamer yet even though they should be hooked up still. I shall have to investigate that more... Stealth and NPCs do not really go together too well.

Hi,

great modoverhaul so far, just a few comments.

- the beginning is pretty hard, you just need to encounter the wrong orc, or got a bad POI with armoured ones and you will have a deadly start.

What do you think to give starter 1000 silver, so they can recruit someone mellee NPC which help's alot.

After 2 trader mission i could hire someone and the progress at the POI was alot easier.

- I recently encounter Robyn the hood, and notice she want 10 herbal as hire fee. Ofcouse i don't got that and even if i would have it, not with me.

My idea is to add an recruiter NPC at the trader POI where you can recruit NPC's too. Maybe at last these NPC which can be hired with silver.

- NPC inventory, ok i think that is the NPCCore thing that you can't easiely transfer stuff to their inventory, like you can do with other storage. But maybe you can forward that.

But i generell thing all the NPC inventories (and horse) are too big. That should scale with the value/level of that NPC/horse.

- Horse and fuel.
These 0% fuel disturb me abit. What do you think about to switch from a motorcycle to a bicycle ? Then you don't got a fuel display anymore. Sure when you sprint with the horse it take's your stamina. Ok i am not a horserider, but i think when someone ride a horse at full gallop, the rider need to do some active things too which drain stamina.

Alternative, why not use plantmatter as fuel.

4 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Well i got it as a quest on day 29, level 36, Dragon Sword T5, Oakraven Crossbow T5 both modded, wearing iron armor. Figured it could be the crossbow bolts of boom (great naming there btw) but i am still not sure if there is screamers in the mod or not. Usually i rather prefer to not attract screamers in a bigger quest POI. Well we will see, i rather don´t cheese the game so the clipping isn´t my favorite method.

Just wonder how you can even get to the tower to dig under without beeing shot. As soon as i enter the POI they start shooting. And on survivalist it takes only 2 shots to die.

Will try the boom bolts next. Great mod anyways, nice work.

Yes there are screamers, they were actually attracted and you can see one in the second video after the tower is destroyed.

15 minutes ago, Canute said:

Hi,

great modoverhaul so far, just a few comments.

- the beginning is pretty hard, you just need to encounter the wrong orc, or got a bad POI with armoured ones and you will have a deadly start.

What do you think to give starter 1000 silver, so they can recruit someone mellee NPC which help's alot.

After 2 trader mission i could hire someone and the progress at the POI was alot easier.

- I recently encounter Robyn the hood, and notice she want 10 herbal as hire fee. Ofcouse i don't got that and even if i would have it, not with me.

My idea is to add an recruiter NPC at the trader POI where you can recruit NPC's too. Maybe at last these NPC which can be hired with silver.

- NPC inventory, ok i think that is the NPCCore thing that you can't easiely transfer stuff to their inventory, like you can do with other storage. But maybe you can forward that.

But i generell thing all the NPC inventories (and horse) are too big. That should scale with the value/level of that NPC/horse.

- Horse and fuel.
These 0% fuel disturb me abit. What do you think about to switch from a motorcycle to a bicycle ? Then you don't got a fuel display anymore. Sure when you sprint with the horse it take's your stamina. Ok i am not a horserider, but i think when someone ride a horse at full gallop, the rider need to do some active things too which drain stamina.

Alternative, why not use plantmatter as fuel.

There is a bit of fleeing required at the start, doing Tier 1 missions for the trader is the best way to go. You can get a fair bit of silver pretty quickly this way. Robyn is a rarer npc and those you can only hire with special items they want: Roast Chicken for The Hound, Herbal Antibiotics for Robyn the plague doctor, a skull sword for Konan, 30 beers for Gortrek and 30 silver ore for the elven archer. At some point plan was to add an adventurers guild where you could obtain quests and hire companions. The inventory for npcs and vehicles in the mod are standard for npc mod and for vanilla vehicles. The horse and pegasus will not require any fuel is not going to change at this time. Thanks for your feedback canute.

There seems to be a problem with NPC´s you can hire. I just lost 2 of them. Logged out yesterday, told them to stand where they are before, logged back in and 2 of my 3 followers are gone.

Gotta say we are still on Version 19. We want to explore the mod a bit before starting over again. And it´s on a dedicated server but no one was online since i logged out.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

I notice when you use the stay command, they don't defend themself, any weak creature can kill them.

So carefuly with it. Maybe something came by and killed your 2 NPC's.

I notice recently these H for Hunting mode, is there a way to change the mode maybe ?

Nevermind, you should give a hint about these craftable NPC action, to bad you can't assign key's with that.

Could someone take a look at this Tier 2 POI ?

I tried it now 2 times, and the creature on the top floor don't spawn.

Unable to clear the POI for the quest.

POI.jpg

50 minutes ago, Canute said:

I notice when you use the stay command, they don't defend themself, any weak creature can kill them.

So carefuly with it. Maybe something came by and killed your 2 NPC's.

I notice recently these H for Hunting mode, is there a way to change the mode maybe ?

Nevermind, you should give a hint about these craftable NPC action, to bad you can't assign key's with that.

Could someone take a look at this Tier 2 POI ?

I tried it now 2 times, and the creature on the top floor don't spawn.

Unable to clear the POI for the quest.

POI.jpg

Npc mod includes craftable controls for the npcs. The mode button is the most useful, place it on your toolbar and toggle it between hunting and full control. Hunting they will attack anything hostile in sight and Full Control will make them not attack anything, useful for travelling where you dont want them to take off after everything. When you tell them to stay they will shoot at enemies coming within range or melee anything hostile that comes close enough. Will take a look at the poi when i have time, the final dungeon is massive and taking up all my modding time atm.

3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

There seems to be a problem with NPC´s you can hire. I just lost 2 of them. Logged out yesterday, told them to stand where they are before, logged back in and 2 of my 3 followers are gone.

Gotta say we are still on Version 19. We want to explore the mod a bit before starting over again. And it´s on a dedicated server but no one was online since i logged out.

This is a known issue in npc mod on dedicated servers, occasionally they will disappear for no reason that we have found yet. Havent had it happen in sp for quite some time, was deemed resolved in sp.