Not Medieval Mod - A Fantasy Modpack

arramus

1 hour ago, Canute said:

Could someone take a look at this Tier 2 POI ?

I tried it now 2 times, and the creature on the top floor don't spawn.

Unable to clear the POI for the quest.

POI.jpg

I experienced this for a few POIs. The final yellow targets for the last spawn do not really match where the entities are. Sometimes they are birds on the outside of the tower but stuck in one of the corners and we need to go outside and look up. Sometimes it is an entity that dropped from that location and went outside and is walking near the POI. It sometimes takes a bit of exploring.

3 hours ago, Canute said:

- Horse and fuel.

These 0% fuel disturb me abit. What do you think about to switch from a motorcycle to a bicycle ? Then you don't got a fuel display anymore. Sure when you sprint with the horse it take's your stamina. Ok i am not a horserider, but i think when someone ride a horse at full gallop, the rider need to do some active things too which drain stamina.

Alternative, why not use plantmatter as fuel.

This is on the list of things to do.

For now the horse has received a mod back. It is the acceleration and speed mod but it is now called 'Horse Sugar Cubes Mod' instead of Vehicle Super Charger. Horses change from 14 m/s to 16 m/s so it is a nice little upgrate.

16 minutes ago, arramus said:

I experienced this for a few POIs. The final yellow targets for the last spawn do not really match where the entities are. Sometimes they are birds on the outside of the tower but stuck in one of the corners and we need to go outside and look up. Sometimes it is an entity that dropped from that location and went outside and is walking near the POI. It sometimes takes a bit of exploring.

I notice that too, that a rabbit was siting in a corner and needed to be killed.

But at the tower,, i even went up to the roof, checked around. And the tower isn't that big.

I reseted the POI 2 times and allways got the same result.

When there is a mice somewhere in a sink hiding, sorry.

Here is an update for the weekend for both the Github Development Build and the Moddb release. On this occasion, both versions will be identical for Mod files and Worlds.

Moddb has been updated to Mods.23.zip

https://www.moddb.com/company/not-medieval-mod-developers/downloads/mods10

And its accompanying map at version NMM01.5.zip

https://www.moddb.com/company/not-medieval-mod-developers/downloads/nmm01

The Github versions have been given the _2022June04 naming where appropriate.

Total Updates, with Moddb in mind include:

6 new POIs

- 3 x T1 (NMM Remnant House 04 / NMM Stable 01 / NMM Bric a Brac

- 3 x T2 (NMM_ME-House_02 by Shema / NMM Skinny Finger / NMM-shema-Medi-House1-25bl

These will add additional variety for low level Questing. They are a mix of easy - moderate set ups.

Multiple Quests

Slayer quests for all types of entity from Undead up to Mythical Beast

Base Defense Horde Quest where players construct and defend a temporary base

Blood Moon Quest where players can pick up a skill point as they complete eliminations during Horde Night

General

Updates and balancing to multiple items and POIs

Updates to icons/Localization to bring further immersion.

Sugar Cubes Horse Mod.

A few images.

Horse Sugar Cubes Mod will provide an extra 2m/s on top of faster acceleration. The schematic can feed found in loot or purchased from the traders.

The mod can also be purchased from the traders.

20220604012121_1.thumb.jpg.f31d99fdcf69f8c27375db8c5bf00832.jpg

Thank you to Shema for this T2 POI.

20220604012234_1.thumb.jpg.aab17e582f0792cf431633b81c342820.jpg

And a simple T1 stable with cobblestone wall ^^.

20220604012211_1.thumb.jpg.303f776d679acc52fa35dd55acce15a7.jpg

As for icon/Localization updates.

Glue looks less industrialised.

20220604011606_1.thumb.jpg.5bb3213bfdbb88940c8cc90d4d2c8687.jpg

And some well known items have been given some small changes for immersion and aging.

20220604011712_1.thumb.jpg.8e8b4e1ddf61d57158a1f50ea49e510f.jpg

Next week will be all about an 'end boss' type Quest sequence and possible reintegration of a Medieval Baton and Bat.

23 minutes ago, arramus said:

This is on the list of things to do.

For now the horse has received a mod back. It is the acceleration and speed mod but it is now called 'Horse Sugar Cubes Mod' instead of Vehicle Super Charger. Horses change from 14 m/s to 16 m/s so it is a nice little upgrate.

Vitamin E Medieval Tower. I shall look out for it from the Trader in next play throughs and see what's happening.

3 minutes ago, Canute said:

I notice that too, that a rabbit was siting in a corner and needed to be killed.

But at the tower,, i even went up to the roof, checked around. And the tower isn't that big.

I reseted the POI 2 times and allways got the same result.

When there is a mice somewhere in a sink hiding, sorry.

Vitamin E Medieval Tower. I shall look out for it from the Trader in next play throughs and see what's happening.

All of the custom crossbows have an issue with enclosed areas. The hitboxes of other objects block the bolt from reaching its path and you cant recover the bolts if they are affected by this they just become a permanent addition to the area of floating bolts.

26 minutes ago, hiloboys said:

All of the custom crossbows have an issue with enclosed areas. The hitboxes of other objects block the bolt from reaching its path and you cant recover the bolts if they are affected by this they just become a permanent addition to the area of floating bolts.

Thank you. This was reported to the creator and is currently in their hands. It is particularly noticeable when a player aims down the sights and less so when fired from the hip.

It is allways funny what you get out of object's you can salvage special these carts.

Meat,cooked food, all kind of ammonation.

That's show how careless you was searching these before and didn't found that stuff.

I notice another thing.

Serveral object blocking that you can loot containers.

Just got a candle on NMM medivial random loot chest and couldn't got the ability to loot it. Tried it from all possible sides.

But when i destroyed the candle on top it worked fine.

I recently found the mage light mod for the helmet. (i think the buy price of 3 silver is far to low, maybe 300 or 1500).

Ok, it the medivial replacement for the helmet light and you don't want candles on you head 🙂

I thought the absence of helment light was the reason you add the burning shaft mod at the beginning, so people got a light source beside torches.

But since it is a mage light, would you maybe risk a peek at Sorcery about the light rune (if you got the time).

It isn't a light source more a remove darkness. The effect is total different but much more enjoyable then vanilla helmet light.

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

14 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Joust Arena is one of those bugged clear POI´s aswell, same for the T4 Windmill by Pashina (i think that´s the name of the author, the one with the waterfall outside). Couldn´t find the last enemy in the windmill.

@Canute

I tested the:

Joust Arena - It was possible to clear on 3 attempts. However, some enemies do walk away from the POI and need to be found without going out of the POI completion distance. This happens on every attempt. There is no solution to this as NPC behaviour is how it is.

T4 Waterfall Windmill - It was possible to clear on 2 attempts. Some enemies walk away and a bird hides in a small corner of the outside area. We shall keep watching how it plays.

Medieval Tower - One of the Sleeper Volumes was bugged. It has been replaced and is working fine again. It will be updated soon as it is critical. It will cause no problems with worlds as the Quest start will replace it.

12 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Regarding sorcery, is there any chance that the sorcery mod will work with NMM? That would be a perfect combination.

It is Darkstardragon's wish that the NMM and Sorcery Mod will work together. Once a boss POI is finished his side, I believe that was the next challenge.

49 minutes ago, Canute said:

It is allways funny what you get out of object's you can salvage special these carts.

Meat,cooked food, all kind of ammonation.

That's show how careless you was searching these before and didn't found that stuff.

I notice another thing.

Serveral object blocking that you can loot containers.

Just got a candle on NMM medivial random loot chest and couldn't got the ability to loot it. Tried it from all possible sides.

But when i destroyed the candle on top it worked fine.

I recently found the mage light mod for the helmet. (i think the buy price of 3 silver is far to low, maybe 300 or 1500).

Ok, it the medivial replacement for the helmet light and you don't want candles on you head 🙂

I thought the absence of helment light was the reason you add the burning shaft mod at the beginning, so people got a light source beside torches.

But since it is a mage light, would you maybe risk a peek at Sorcery about the light rune (if you got the time).

It isn't a light source more a remove darkness. The effect is total different but much more enjoyable then vanilla helmet light.

Yes, Salvaging brings some really nice finds in 'hidden' areas of these carts. ^^

I could replicate the issue with candles or some other items not allowing loot containers to be searched. Added to the fix list.

The Mage light is a modified Head Lamp and should have been given its buy price. It will need to be added manually. On the list.

The absence of the light was given the burning shaft as a trade off. Once players want to use the Blunderbuss or Flintlock for night missions, it becomes too dark. That's the reason for its return. It sounds like Light Rune buffs players vision.

18 minutes ago, arramus said:

I could replicate the issue with candles or some other items not allowing loot containers to be searched. Added to the fix list.

Add the apache container on the list too.

The Medivial tower got that above a loot container and that couldn't be looted either.

About crafting Steel.

Adv. engineer 3 unlocks this but i don't find an unlock for the nessesary crucible, shouldn't rank 3 unlock that too ?

Do i realy need to find that rare recipt book for the crucible ?

@Canute Crucible always has been  unlocked by level 5 of advanced engineering. Better barter on 4 gives you a very good chance to buy a crucible at the trader, level 3 with a bit of luck. 

@arramus Yeah the animals where the thing i didn´t realize, found that out by accident just before logging off yesterday.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, Canute said:

Add the apache container on the list too.

The Medivial tower got that above a loot container and that couldn't be looted either.

About crafting Steel.

Adv. engineer 3 unlocks this but i don't find an unlock for the nessesary crucible, shouldn't rank 3 unlock that too ?

Do i realy need to find that rare recipt book for the crucible ?

List of to dos, which includes duplicate Apache Trunks or placed on top of crates.

1. DnY Castle1 has a modern toilet. DONE (Pot replacement)

2. Bric a brac vending machine not working. DONE (Plus loot taken off NMM Crate as players are reporting issues with things on top of NMM crates).

3. Regular forge and crucible is not hooked up to Progession Int for unlocking. Engineering Skill 1/3/5.

4. Blood Moon Vanguard kills are being rewarded in regular gameplay. Regulars sleeper entities are in the list.

5. Windmill - remove a Taza box from inside or outside (double add)

6. Horse top-gear sound requirement.

7. Horse 'gas'.

8. Forge border for Blacksmith's.

9. Medieval Bakery (Vit E) - Book pile x2 and Taza's (double add).

10. Remove block on Hero Loot at Vit E Tower (blocks access to loot box). DONE (Taza Crate)
11. Medieval Tower spawn issue. DONE (Volume tweak)

12. Mage Light price is too low (requires manual pricing)

3. Forge is hooked up. Crucible was already hooked up for Skill 5 (default set by TPF).

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

Something about the useable of the recipes.

Since there are similar recipes for different stations like many food recipes, or just recipes for new stations like the fish.

There should be at the recipe description at which station that recipe is active and maybe if that recipe need additional worktools.

Exampel, i couldn't craft bone meal, symbol show a campfire but either the campfire or the oakraven stone stove isn't it.

Must be one of the other stoves.

Hmm, since that is just XML work, i think to do it myself if i am lazy, no garantee.

8 minutes ago, Canute said:

There should be at the recipe description at which station that recipe is active and maybe if that recipe need additional worktools.

Yes, there should. It will be easier to give all cooking areas the same recipes unless it is very special like the fish. For another day as it will take some time.

Uploading a patch to Moddb as v.24.

It will take some time but is a critical update because the Medieval Tower will not function without it.

The Github version is already updated since it only uploads necessary changed files.

Changes include:

1. Medieval Tower fix.

2. Removal of non appropriate modern assets.

3. Increased price for Mage light (990 silver as base).

4. Hooked up regular forge to Engineering Skill 1.

5. Blood Moon Vanguard was giving kills during non Horde Night activities as some non Blood Moon entities slipped through. Only Blood Moon entities are listed in the 'kill list'.

6. A few other small tweaks and clean ups.

7. The horse fuel is hardcoded and is actually a 'class' rather than just a recipe type item.

As such, adding custom fuel is not feasible. For now, only the sugar cubes mod image will appear instead of the Gas Can. Purely a cosmetic change for now.

Recent World updates can stay the same as any POI changes are related to existing assets that will reset/change on next Quest activation.

7 hours ago, hiloboys said:

A new version has been pushed to the Github download area that includes a fix for the custom crossbow bolts from the original creator.

It is also being uploaded to the Moddb version as well but will take time as it requires the whole mod uploaded rather than just the fix section.

Another blocked looting issue.

There is a book on a wooden desk (lootable) with wall safe at the side, you can loot the desk but not the book.

When you destroy the desk the book is lootable.

Saw it on a T1 clothing store POI.

Edit: another house_pideon

Not a book, but another container on the wooden desk that can't be looted.

At the same POI is downstairs a wall safe behind a locked iron hatch.

When you click on the hatch the lockpick game pop up.

Can you either have the lockpick game at other locked object too, without activate it over the radial menu.

Or alternative the locked hatch need to open the radial menu to be unlocked.

So all locked object got the same mechanic.

Btw.: good work fast with the crossbow fix, working better now.

Yes i know it isn't your work, but the communication with the other author works well. 🙂

Edit2:

There are 2 red tea recipes for the stove, identical ingredents.

Goldenrod tea is fine.

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

10 hours ago, arramus said:

A new version has been pushed to the Github download area that includes a fix for the custom crossbow bolts from the original creator.

It is also being uploaded to the Moddb version as well but will take time as it requires the whole mod uploaded rather than just the fix section.

We would like to update from the 30 May version to the newest version to fix the crossbow bolt thing.  I think the download was called mods.22.zip and our map is NMM 1.4

Are we 99% safe to update the mod (not the map) to the current version??

Also I should give the note that as an archery player, I think the archery bow in current NMM is overpowered due to the projectile velocity being too good.

21 minutes ago, Canute said:

Little comment to the crossbow again.

The crosshair moved now into the grafic of the loading mechanic and block the sight.

The whole grafic should be moved a few pixel above.

Thank you. The creator checks messages in this thread for such feedback. It is something we can do ourselves but it is best to allow the creator to make the best decision on this.

16 hours ago, Canute said:

Another blocked looting issue.

There is a book on a wooden desk (lootable) with wall safe at the side, you can loot the desk but not the book.

When you destroy the desk the book is lootable.

Saw it on a T1 clothing store POI.

Edit: another house_pideon

Not a book, but another container on the wooden desk that can't be looted.

At the same POI is downstairs a wall safe behind a locked iron hatch.

When you click on the hatch the lockpick game pop up.

Can you either have the lockpick game at other locked object too, without activate it over the radial menu.

Or alternative the locked hatch need to open the radial menu to be unlocked.

So all locked object got the same mechanic.

Btw.: good work fast with the crossbow fix, working better now.

Yes i know it isn't your work, but the communication with the other author works well. 🙂

Edit2:

There are 2 red tea recipes for the stove, identical ingredents.

Goldenrod tea is fine.

I think the collision on some objects may need investigating to understand why some objects cause looting issues and some do not. The item on the desk sits above a desk safe and that may be causing issues.

Can you explain more about the locked hatch and then the locked safe?

At the moment the locked hatch and the locked safe use the same unlocking mechanism.

Hatch

20220605135926_1.thumb.jpg.ba11e8a6c57d69a4504f41c5fd7fc111.jpg

Safe

20220605140027_1.thumb.jpg.6f4fe428d53b475d6c0be0a622e78fb4.jpg

6 hours ago, BasicallyACat said:

We would like to update from the 30 May version to the newest version to fix the crossbow bolt thing.  I think the download was called mods.22.zip and our map is NMM 1.4

Are we 99% safe to update the mod (not the map) to the current version??

Also I should give the note that as an archery player, I think the archery bow in current NMM is overpowered due to the projectile velocity being too good.

Even though the new version contains 6 new POIs, they will simply not be used on your older world and it should be very low risk.

Nothing has been added or taken away from the player's inventory which makes it much safer.

As for the Archery Bow, there is always an element of subjective vs objective when setting a balanced amount. Maybe this is something you can test to find the sweet spot for your community by yourselves. This will reduce testing incremental changes little by little. Please share your feedback for others to test and validate as acceptable (or not).

If you go to the 1-NMMXCore\Config\items.xml location, lines 16 to 18 change the Wood Bow projectile velocity settings.

Defaults:

- The Primitive bow is -.3 and sees damage reduce on any target that is from 20 meters or more.

- The Wood Bow doesn't have a setting as it uses the base value which is probably 0 and sees damage reduce on any target that is from 30 meters or more.

- The Compound bow uses 0.2 and sees damage reduce on any target that is from 30 meters or more.

It is currently at 1.5 which is a very true and direct flight but sees damage reduce with greater distances. It means that players can hit dragons from further away more comfortably but will still need a lot of hits to take it down. On my own tests, it required over 135 iron arrows to fully deplete the 5000 dragon health.

34 minutes ago, arramus said:

Can you explain more about the locked hatch and then the locked safe?

At the moment the locked hatch and the locked safe use the same unlocking mechanism.

It is about how you activate the lockpick minigame.

At the hatch you just press E and the minigame pop up.

At the safe you press E and got the sound for a locked item, you need to hold E and choose lockpick from the radial menu.

It is just cosmetic, but i think all locked objects should be treaten at the same way.

About the POI spawns,

i think you should remove friendly creatues from it.

pApA^LeGBa mention the T4 mill before, i came to that too.

1. try i got green dot's for these friendly creatues on the compass. Anything went smoothly.

2. try, different location same POI, no green dots. I didn't look for rabbits on the ground since i concentrate more on the hostile ones. After clearing the top it show that i got missing object's 2m above the ground.

After running around a few times i found all the rabbits, they can hide well at the grass and under the trees.

Do you remember the vanilla POI with grace and supercorn ? Maybe i am wrong but the boars don't count for the clear mission.

Let me guess, giantrat and goblin club are located at different biome the forest. Because i didn't encounter some so far, the the slayer quest.

5 minutes ago, Canute said:

It is about how you activate the lockpick minigame.

At the hatch you just press E and the minigame pop up.

At the safe you press E and got the sound for a locked item, you need to hold E and choose lockpick from the radial menu.

It is just cosmetic, but i think all locked objects should be treaten at the same way.

About the POI spawns,

i think you should remove friendly creatues from it.

pApA^LeGBa mention the T4 mill before, i came to that too.

1. try i got green dot's for these friendly creatues on the compass. Anything went smoothly.

2. try, different location same POI, no green dots. I didn't look for rabbits on the ground since i concentrate more on the hostile ones. After clearing the top it show that i got missing object's 2m above the ground.

After running around a few times i found all the rabbits, they can hide well at the grass and under the trees.

Do you remember the vanilla POI with grace and supercorn ? Maybe i am wrong but the boars don't count for the clear mission.

Let me guess, giantrat and goblin club are located at different biome the forest. Because i didn't encounter some so far, the the slayer quest.

Unfortunately, the lock mini game is created by the same team who created Score and we shall give feedback to them directly as the mod is shared using paid models and the rule of use does not allow changing any code.

For a simply T1 Quest like the Blacksmiths (2 chickens).

Sometimes the creatures are counted as part of the Quest and need to be eliminated.

Sometimes the creatures are not counted as part of the Quest but they still appear. The Quest will still be complete with them in their Chicken area.
Maybe this is something for TFP to reconsider as it should also be the same in regular game POIs.

The boars in the boar house do count as part of the Quest as I could see their red markers disappear as they were eliminated and I had one as a final creature to come back and eliminate that I had missed.

The Giant Rat can be found in the Wasteland, Forest, Snow, and Desert biomes. They can also be found in some Wilderness POIs. There is one particular POI called Beasts Nest...

The Goblin Club will also be found in all Biomes and some POIs.

38 minutes ago, arramus said:

Unfortunately, the lock mini game is created by the same team who created Score and we shall give feedback to them directly as the mod is shared using paid models and the rule of use does not allow changing any code.

You don't understand, the lockpick minigame is working fine.

The question is:

Why does the minigame start at the hatch when you just try to open it and not at the safe too ?

I didn't encounter a locked hatch before, so i don't know if that is a vanilla thing or new to NMM. But all other locked object i found need to unlocked over the radial menu.

Collect egg/honey quests,

I just test to activate 2 collect eggs, put 13/26 eggs into my inventory and then i needed to talk to the trader.

Removed 13 eggs, i got 13 eggs at the inventory and got rewards for both activated quests.

Activate another collect egg quest, get 13 eggs, put 13 eggs away.

And got quest reward with no eggs at the inventory.

I think that need to be overworked.