Not Medieval Mod - A Fantasy Modpack

arramus

11 hours ago, Telly G said:

With the A20.4 update how would one actually install this modpack or any mods from here on, TFP didnt explain it very well. 

We currently have two ways to install Mods.

1. The way we have become accustomed to and which still remains valid for the time being.

a) Make a 'Mods' folder in the main game directly.

b) Add the contents of this modpack inside the Mods folder.

And that's it.

I use this first way because I can run two duplicate instances of 7D2D with this mod pack in one, and The Wasteland Mod in the other, without needing to configure where the game looks for the files I want to use.

2. The new way is to make a Mods folder in the

C:\Users\arramus\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie type location. This is where GeneratedWorlds, Saves, SavesLocal and some things like that are stored. There have been reports of this method causing issues such as duplication or errors. I tried it when A20.4 first hit and didn't have any issues, but prefer method 1. for the time being as it's easy going.

A20.5 shared this about the new Mods set up. I'll switch over, only when I have to.

Mods folder

Due to restrictions from Microsoft, FUTURE updates may change the location of the Mods folder.
These restrictions make it so that the Mods folder can longer be in the same installation folder as 7 Days to Die.

You can specify the location of the UserDataFolder in the game launcher. The Mods folder can then be placed in that folder.

Add the following to the command line:

Format:
-UserDataFolder=<YOUR_DRIVE_LOCATION><YOUR_FOLDER_LOCATION>

Example:
-UserDataFolder=C:\MyUserData

The UserDataFolder can also be set in the serverconfig.xml file.

Format:
<property name="UserDataFolder" value="<YOUR_SERVER_DRIVE_LOCATION><YOUR_SERVER_FOLDER_PATH><YOUR_FOLDER_LOCATION>" />

Example:
<property name="UserDataFolder" value="C:\MyServer\Users\TFP\123456\MyDediSaves" />

Had to use google translate:  @polkillo

Чтобы создать свою собственную RWG, временно удалите данные > Prefabs > POI.
NMM поставляется со всеми необходимыми POI для создания мира. Если вы предпочитаете временно не удалять папку POI, в вашем мире будут только плитки города/города/деревни NMM, а в пустыне будут обычные здания по умолчанию.
Edited by Daijin_Heartlight
tag (see edit history)

Smittys armors and helmets offset values adjusted by magejosh, thanks again bud, changes included with some balancing updates from arramus:

Small update: - XP for Mythical Beasts

- Smitty Armor rebalancing with +10% on equivalent Steel version

- Added all weapons to Trader loot at appropriate prob and level range for Tier Earlier upload with:

- Flintlock Masai rifle (3 shot magazine) as it's a 5 second reloader

- Hand Cannon to double barrel type as it's another 5 second reloader. Rest are OK.

- Rebalancing custom bolt price to about +10% regular version but -10% damage since the weapons are semi-auto. - First Aid bandage can heal lacerations since needle/thread are very limited.

- Recipes for Blunderbuss need iron and Flintlock steel to reflect reloading speed and benefits. Ammo needs 1 extra gunpowder for flintlock and all need paper.

Treasure update coming soon, lots more lootcontainers and of course loot. Gold/platinum/silver coins, ingots, jewels, jewelry for the loot goblins.

Mod pack specific quests to come after that, main quest with 3 very large dungeons courtesy of mplogue.

content finished and will be included whenever next update is:

1. Gold/Platinum/Silver ingots blocks can pick up and/or harvest

2. Gold/Silver coin piles can pick up and/or harvest

3. Dwarven Throne/Forge/Treasure Chest

4. Medieval wood table

5. 6 total pouches/bags

6. broken barrel

7. green crystal

8. jewelry box

9. 3 maps/3 books/2 scrolls

10. urn

added emerald/sapphire/ruby gemstones, approx 8 rings/necklaces and gold/platinum coins to loot mostly to the jewelry box(made a new group) and buried treasure loot groups added medical loot to the pouch with medical cross on it otherwise they loot like backpacks urn has junk loot green crystal can harvest for a couple emeralds and stone for now map/scroll/book have book loot for now

entities:

1. 3 unique companions for a total of 5, sounds included

2. 2 mounted knight variants

Edited by drkstardragon (see edit history)

Been playing this MOD for a while now and having a lot of fun. I tried to remove the POI folder and create a new random map but it hangs at 30% on making paths to wilderness POI's every time. Currently I have the Medieval towns but modern/medieval wilderness mix. Kinda breaks the immersion sad to say.. Any advise on correcting this?

2 hours ago, A.Danials said:

Been playing this MOD for a while now and having a lot of fun. I tried to remove the POI folder and create a new random map but it hangs at 30% on making paths to wilderness POI's every time. Currently I have the Medieval towns but modern/medieval wilderness mix. Kinda breaks the immersion sad to say.. Any advise on correcting this?

We had this issue before finalizing the vanilla pois and parts we could keep in the mod. Ive had a couple reports of this still when trying rwg, but the issues cleared up and the players were able to rwg after restarting the game from what i recall. Havent had this issue lately and i believed it was resolved. Let us know if otherwise.

I was just able to generate a new rwg on first attempt with no errors on latest mod version 14.

36 minutes ago, drkstardragon said:

We had this issue before finalizing the vanilla pois and parts we could keep in the mod. Ive had a couple reports of this still when trying rwg, but the issues cleared up and the players were able to rwg after restarting the game from what i recall. Havent had this issue lately and i believed it was resolved. Let us know if otherwise.

I was just able to generate a new rwg on first attempt with no errors on latest mod version 14.

Last time I tried was with vs 4. I did a new install of the game, removed the POI's folder and added the Medieval MOD with nothing else ..  yeah I play with a few other MODs, don't judge (Haha). Still crashed at the pathing of wilderness POI's at 30%.

I'll try again tonight with vs 14. Am I correct in that I just remove the POI folder? Is there more than 1 POI folder and maybe I'm removing the wrong one? Apologies' as I am at work and can not check for More than the 1 POI folder I found before.

1 hour ago, A.Danials said:

Last time I tried was with vs 4. I did a new install of the game, removed the POI's folder and added the Medieval MOD with nothing else ..  yeah I play with a few other MODs, don't judge (Haha). Still crashed at the pathing of wilderness POI's at 30%.

I'll try again tonight with vs 14. Am I correct in that I just remove the POI folder? Is there more than 1 POI folder and maybe I'm removing the wrong one? Apologies' as I am at work and can not check for More than the 1 POI folder I found before.

just the poi folder from the vanilla prefabs folder needs to be removed to generate a rwg world

6 hours ago, A.Danials said:

I totally removed the 'POIs' folder from the main NMM game. This is my second install of 7D2D and I can use the original as back up if needed.

SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Prefabs\POIs

The necessary files from this folder are built into the NMM and stored here:

SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die NMM\Mods\1-NMMCore\Prefabs\NMM Vanilla POIs

It contains things like blueberry fields and iron ore blocks.

There is occasionally an error which warns about too many paths for not enough POIs, or something of that nature. At that point, trying a new RWG seed typically brings success.

@A.Danials

Version 16 of NMM has just been uploaded.

https://www.moddb.com/company/not-medieval-mod-developers/downloads/mods10

And a new version of World 'NMM01' has also been uploaded to match.

https://www.moddb.com/company/not-medieval-mod-developers/downloads/nmm01

If you have a particular seed, size, and specifications you want to try, share the details and we can try to build it our side to see if it's successful.

We started a game based on the mid-May version, so I'm assuming that's 15.

Do you think that we should be able to replace 15 with 16 without breaking the game?

btw we are enjoying the mod so far!

edit: if you'd like feeback on a certain subject, LMK and I will ask everyone the next time that we play

Edited by BasicallyACat (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, BasicallyACat said:

We started a game based on the mid-May version, so I'm assuming that's 15.

Do you think that we should be able to replace 15 with 16 without breaking the game?

btw we are enjoying the mod so far!

edit: if you'd like feeback on a certain subject, LMK and I will ask everyone the next time that we play

Glad youre enjoying it, we are as well. Might want to hold off on updating if youre playing with friends on a server, lots of content and changes coming. Horde nights have been revamped, quests are incoming, more pois and a main quest.

11 minutes ago, drkstardragon said:

Glad youre enjoying it, we are as well. Might want to hold off on updating if youre playing with friends on a server, lots of content and changes coming. Horde nights have been revamped, quests are incoming, more pois and a main quest.

Do you think there's an update risk?  We are a private server of 3 people, so as long as the game doesn't break, we're fine with taking 5-10 minutes to replace files.

1 hour ago, BasicallyACat said:

Do you think there's an update risk?  We are a private server of 3 people, so as long as the game doesn't break, we're fine with taking 5-10 minutes to replace files.

I think i can say with certainty that when arramus posts a new map with  an update that it will require a new start.

4 hours ago, BasicallyACat said:

The most recent updates have been for a mix of reasons, but are typically done for something critical such as:

- A recipe is using an item which no longer exists in the world (a canned item)

- A small change was needed if something is not functional and can impede actions (a small uppercase/lowercase mismatch caused some items to not be createable even though they were visible)

These updates cause no issues to the World at all.

The new map was added because the POIs were reviewed with the hope of removing as much inappropriate content as possible. For example, some modern toilets, utility sink, chemistry pick ups for the one with plastic, cardboard boxes, and trash cans. If you use the old World, and new POIs, you will still see these inappropriate features until they are activated by a Quest. Then the POI resets with the newest content.

The World was added for players who are using the mod for the first time so they get a fresh and updated start. Since no assets are taken away from the mod, the risk of updating to the newest mod version but keeping your existing world is very minimal. In fact, I could use the most current NMM release on a world from NMM v.8 without issue. The risk is less severe because nothing was permanently taken away, and the updates are typically cosmetic for new background additions. As such it is worth taking the risk on this occasion... but with the understanding that there can never be any guarantees.

5 minutes ago, arramus said:

The most recent updates have been for a mix of reasons, but are typically done for something critical such as:

- A recipe is using an item which no longer exists in the world (a canned item)

- A small change was needed if something is not functional and can impede actions (a small uppercase/lowercase mismatch caused some items to not be createable even though they were visible)

These updates cause no issues to the World at all.

The new map was added because the POIs were reviewed with the hope of removing as much inappropriate content as possible. For example, some modern toilets, utility sink, chemistry pick ups for the one with plastic, cardboard boxes, and trash cans. If you use the old World, and new POIs, you will still see these inappropriate features until they are activated by a Quest. Then the POI resets with the newest content.

The World was added for players who are using the mod for the first time so they get a fresh and updated start. Since no assets are taken away from the mod, the risk of updating to the newest mod version but keeping your existing world is very minimal. In fact, I could use the most current NMM release on a world from NMM v.8 without issue. The risk is less severe because nothing was permanently taken away, and the updates are typically cosmetic for new background additions. As such it is worth taking the risk on this occasion... but with the understanding that there can never be any guarantees.

Great, thanks for this.  I think we will try to keep the game/map we have going and update since the risk/reward ratio sounds pretty good.

Cheers.  If you're looking for feedback in a specific area, please let us know.

9 minutes ago, BasicallyACat said:

Great, thanks for this.  I think we will try to keep the game/map we have going and update since the risk/reward ratio sounds pretty good.

Cheers.  If you're looking for feedback in a specific area, please let us know.

The most recent background updates were about weapon balancing and making Horde Night match the intensive kind of experience we see with regular zombies. The current NMM version has definitely brought back the chaotic Horde Night because Darkstardragon kindly made some fundamental changes to ensure all of the Horde Night spawns are based around the zombie code which is specific to Horde Night.

As for the weapons, it is all about balancing to help keep them integrated to Game Stage. For example, feedback on how that's all working out is helpful.

Ballistic Type:
These weapons have been given the most thought so far simply because of their potential impact. They work like this:

Lower End - Blunderbuss type
These are powerful for sure but slow to reload and a player may need to carry 2 or 3 at the same time to keep things at bay. The double barrel version is the slowest to reload but has that double shot benefit. Their range is fair with huge damage for close up but still allow players to retreat to the edges of a POI during a quest and take out entities while at the boundaries to some extent. Overall, pretty decent for T1-T2 Questing. They need iron ingots to craft which restricts them being a very very early feature.

Mid - Upper End - Flintlock tpye

These are also powerful but more so because they have greater range, faster reload, and are more accuracy with the closer sights for aiming. The Masai flintlock rifle is a little slower to reload but carries a 3 shot magazine and benefits from reload skills/perks. These weapons require steel ingots to reflect their extra gains. Flintlock ammo also requires more gunpowder to craft.

Semi Auto Crossbows

These cause about 10% less damage than regular crossbow ammo but have the 4 bolt loader to compensate. Useful for getting damage multipliers when stealthing.

All these weapons are restricted by a reduction in mod attachments but using a regeneration mod (rad mod) in combination with the few others that can be added certainly brings up the damage. Getting feedback on how they are working out and if players can adapt to their unique features is helpful. Not having scopes will be a biggie for some players. ^^

Next up is thinking about the bow and melee type smite weapons.

Since the T3 bow has gone, the T2 bow may need a little assistance with slightly closing the sights when aiming for better accuracy. Other than that, it is pretty well covered and A20 already gave it a boost from A19. It has its own specific mods and is still be governed by all book perks on top of the Archery skill/attribute.

The smite weapons are quite diverse and Oakraven made them by comparing existing weapons. Sure, some are pretty powerful but they are governed by the need to invest in appropriate attributes and skill to bring out the best in them. They will always be linked back to player proficiency and 'swing' speed as well. Certainly not going to empty a room like the M60.

Apart from giving the bow a little better aiming potential, or bringing in a better T3 type bow for higher GS, it will be nice to hear feedback on the overall balance.

We also have to remember that the hireable NPCs are a weapon in themselves and their use during a Horde Night can act like a sledge or turret and consider how they come into play.

Hey do the skills like Deep Cuts or Gunslinger do anything?  We're noticing the Smite The Down and Sticks of Boom seem to cover a lot of things.  Does that mean that the skills for weapons that aren't those skills don't do anything?

Like for instance, we just made a sword.  It's hard to know if speed/stamina/damage are altered by Deep Cuts or Smite Thee Down.

All custom melee weapons that hit, chop, or stab (but not spear) benefit from:

- The Smite Thee Down Skill (perkSkullCrusher) with knockdown and Area of Effect

- Sexy Rex to reduce melee stamina use

- Crafting from Q2 - Q6

Even though some are one handed/look like clubs/knifey they are not covered by flurry of blows or deep cuts. In time, things may change but that will be an arduous process at the moment.

The Flintlock and Blunderbuss are well integrated and all covered by perkBoomstick. Sticks of Boom is a cosmetic name change but under the surface they are basically ranged shotguns.

All of these weapons were kindly made by Oakraven specially for NMM and we'll get better documentation added to the Smite Thee Down area first and reconsider their weapon type for the future.

9 hours ago, BasicallyACat said:

Hey do the skills like Deep Cuts or Gunslinger do anything?  We're noticing the Smite The Down and Sticks of Boom seem to cover a lot of things.  Does that mean that the skills for weapons that aren't those skills don't do anything?

Like for instance, we just made a sword.  It's hard to know if speed/stamina/damage are altered by Deep Cuts or Smite Thee Down.

yes, the vanilla weapons/tools that havent been edited out still use deep cuts or spear hunter etc as applicable, no i dont believe gunslinger has any weapon benefits at this time, the custom weapons added by the mod are all governed by either smite thee down or sticks of boom

15 hours ago, arramus said:

All custom melee weapons that hit, chop, or stab (but not spear) benefit from:

9 hours ago, drkstardragon said:

yes, the vanilla weapons/tools that havent been edited out still use deep cuts or spear hunter etc as applicable, no i dont believe gunslinger has any weapon benefits at this time, the custom weapons added by the mod are all governed by either smite thee down or sticks of boom

Hey, I'm multi-quoting just so you both see it.  We have some feeback, though for an alpha version of the mod we're generally happy.  As best as I can I'm going to skip commenting on anything we know that you're already looking at (like bows and what to do with T3).

• If I could only recommend one thing:
    Overall, a better intro document will help new players tune in to the alpha and not experience frustration even though it's a work in progress.  Then in turn, when you have more players you will get more feedback and word of mouth, plus whatever diabolical plans for fame and fortune you have from this mod will have a better chance of succeeding.
    We're particularly recommending that you state clearly and early something about the skills that don't mean much right now (the base-game weapons skills that apply to nothing or to very little now, such that they're a bad use of skill points).  Similarly with items that we might expect but don't exist yet (certain tiers of weapons or armor), we'd suggest you state that early and clearly.  This is less an issue with the alpha than an issue with disseminating the most important information first and/or in summary form.
  • We are jonesing for shields to be a thing you can wield.  We know that the base game may be giving you obstacles there.
  • After we updated we had a funny incident with regular zombies from vanilla 7dtd spawning in on a dig mission, IIRC.
  • It took longer that you might guess to get how there are two categories of crossbow and bolts.  We thought things were just flat-out broken.
  • Early game like day 1 might need to chill out a bit with the enemies.  Ideally you shouldn't be able to be shot on day 1 because that's like half of your health in one hit.
  • Currently getting repeated trade routes quests to the same place (the traders way up the mountain)  Also there is a mine off in the bushes at the top of that POI that killed me and I'm wondering if that's by design because it made no sense.
  • Strength is a really high-priority skill tree, maybe too much so.  We have two STR characters and one not, so I hope the other things like Agility:bows and Perception:explosives skills are working properly, because I think we're going to continue to have one character lean away from STR and I hope that pays off reasonably.
  • Getting shot from outside of one of the POIs (I think it's a castle) and losing like half health with each hit on day one is maybe a little much, though it did lead to angry laughter by all of us.
  • The wandering mobs harrassment on our base on non-blood moon days/nights is probably too low.
  • Like most games, the NPC hires do hilariously annoying things all the time.
  • EDIT: clearly elven armor is T3 light armor, and dwarven armor is T3 heavy.  Come on bro.  ;]
  • EDIT: the POI on a mountain with all the traders is both great and needs some changes: it shouldn't be possible to be the starting quest trader POI because that's going to frustrate newer players or weaker players; also with the newest map it has a buncha janky illusory blocks all over the place

Two more questions:

-are both categories of bow/crossbow (the vanilla and the mod-specific) buffed by the Agility:bows skill?

-are there any other skills that do nothing or almost nothing right now?

I could give my notes on the introductory "how this mod works" document on that you have up on webpages if you'd like.  I am not bad at that sort of thing.  Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it and in what order you say it. 

Cheers

Nothing diabolical here pardner, just a few guys who wanted to have some fun and make ourselves a mod for ourselves to enjoy and decided to share. No discord, no patreon or paypal, no nothing we just hang out on some of the modding discords.  If someone else has some fun then awesome. 

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, hopefully i can address a few here:

-there will be a clearer summary of mod pack features as we approach completion

-shields have been added by modders but dont work as you might want/expect, they have either been made into weapons or are placed into your clothing slots and use a buff to help protect you

-the vanilla zombies spawning on buried supplies quests has been reported by a tester as well and is being looked into

-glad you figured out that the autocrossbows use different ammo, again a clearer summary 

-we have gamestaged the ranged enemies higher so they should appear much less frequently than they did, perhaps we should consider further changes to their spawning

-must have missed that mine on clearing the poi of modern stuff, and we will look into the trade routes quest constantly sending you there, may have to remove that poi

-agility and perception work as they should with vanilla weapons still in the mod

-wandering horde regularity is vanilla, has not been edited

-yes, the npcs can do some odd things at times, love em though

-if we had full suits of elven and dwarven armor would be awesome, but we do not, only smittys armor and masks modlets to spice up the armor selection, thanks again smitty

-mountain trader poi, maybe will consider removing it at some point

thanks again for the post, really helps us to bugfix and balance the mod pack

-the skills marked Not Invented Yet are placeholders and will probably be removed if we do not find anything fitting to do with them

51 minutes ago, drkstardragon said:

Nothing diabolical here pardner, just a few guys who wanted to have some fun and make ourselves a mod for ourselves to enjoy and decided to share. No discord, no patreon or paypal, no nothing we just hang out on some of the modding discords.  If someone else has some fun then awesome. 

Awesome, thanks.

I think the only questions we have left (whether I asked it above or not) is what skill buffs the new crossbows, and whether or not things like Flurry of Blows affect the new one-handed weapons.