Not Medieval Mod - A Fantasy Modpack

arramus

Undead Legacy got tree resin too.

It get harvest at trees but when you chop trees like normal you just get a little amount.

While you use a bladed weapon on the tree you geting more resin but less wood.

Alternativ maybe a tree sap collector, a placeable thing only on mature (1200) trees which slowly fillup empty jars with sap.

The sap you can cook into resin.

As someone who played Sorcery with vanilla and DF together i need to say.

When you would have Sorcery people would concentrate mainly as Sorcery. They would need the base part only for food.

The sorcerer would maybe be overpowered special for NMM because of the spellcast and spell turrets.

The familars would do alot more damage then a rare NPC would be able to do.

But i bet many people would try it out at the NMM setting, but you should recognize that when you create a comp. patch.

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

38 minutes ago, Canute said:

Undead Legacy got tree resin too.

It get harvest at trees but when you chop trees like normal you just get a little amount.

While you use a bladed weapon on the tree you geting more resin but less wood.

Alternativ maybe a tree sap collector, a placeable thing only on mature (1200) trees which slowly fillup empty jars with sap.

The sap you can cook into resin.

As someone who played Sorcery with vanilla and DF together i need to say.

When you would have Sorcery people would concentrate mainly as Sorcery. They would need the base part only for food.

The sorcerer would maybe be overpowered special for NMM because of the spellcast and spell turrets.

The familars would do alot more damage then a rare NPC would be able to do.

But i bet many people would try it out at the NMM setting, but you should recognize that when you create a comp. patch.

I bet it could get op fast, but its pretty fun together. I would also like to turn on some features in score:

1. trader protection off

2. anti nerdpoling on

3. health bars on

4. food spoilage on

1 hour ago, drkstardragon said:

3. health bars on

I definitiv vote for that. I allready use a target HP bar modlet for that.

That helps when you aim with the ranged weapons too except the pleasant bow which still use a balistic curve and you need to aim higher.

Trader protection, i don't know. People will pillage the trader right from the start.

But together with trader allways open, people could use the trader as starting base, special since all workbenches are there too.

Food spoilage, interesting but it is just a time sink.

Once you have your farm plots running and enough coops it won't bother you, just need to harvest them at a daily base.

Not to speak how much meals you find from looting POIs.

I accidently smashed my stove with all the cooked meat stew and smoothies, but still got enough fish meals from looting.

Another idea, i wanted to share.

What you do with all these pleasant NPCs (the ones which carry a weapon and just do minor damage)?

Would be nice if you could give them a job.

Like miner whould would collect mineable stuff.

Farmer turn seed you give him into stuff + new seeds (depend on the owner perks).

Salvager, go out and salavge non POI stuff.

Collector, harvest stuff out of coops,hive,basin.

Then you could buildup a little village!

And then a dragon came and burn down anything and day 7 🙂

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

29 minutes ago, Canute said:

I definitiv vote for that. I allready use a target HP bar modlet for that.

That helps when you aim with the ranged weapons too except the pleasant bow which still use a balistic curve and you need to aim higher.

Trader protection, i don't know. People will pillage the trader right from the start.

But together with trader allways open, people could use the trader as starting base, special since all workbenches are there too.

Food spoilage, interesting but it is just a time sink.

Once you have your farm plots running and enough coops it won't bother you, just need to harvest them at a daily base.

Not to speak how much meals you find from looting POIs.

I accidently smashed my stove with all the cooked meat stew and smoothies, but still got enough fish meals from looting.

Another idea, i wanted to share.

What you do with all these pleasant NPCs (the ones which carry a weapon and just do minor damage)?

Would be nice if you could give them a job.

Like miner whould would collect mineable stuff.

Farmer turn seed you give him into stuff + new seeds (depend on the owner perks).

Salvager, go out and salavge non POI stuff.

Collector, harvest stuff out of coops,hive,basin.

Then you could buildup a little village!

And then a dragon came and burn down anything and day 7 🙂

yes, there have been some things in the works for npc mod, the looting task for npcs hasnt panned out yet, the ai still freezes up  and sphere has implemented npc farmers but no plans to add anything like this for a20

next alpha probably if its still a thing in score

7 hours ago, drkstardragon said:

I bet it could get op fast, but its pretty fun together. I would also like to turn on some features in score:

2. anti nerdpoling on

And that´s the point we will stop playing. Why would you remove it? It makes building so much more tedious and mining also to some degree. And that´s all it does. It doesn´t add any challenge or difficulty for the actual game play. It´s simply removing a QoL feature. At least give us a choice here please.

And now that i have done a lot of T5, i gotta say the joust arena is harder than the T5´s i did. At least if you don´t cheese it with the clipping bug wich would be a way more importnant thing to stop compared to nerd poling. That´s an actual exploit that makes a lot of poi´s easy af and can also be abused for buried supplies and treasure maps aswell as shooting zombies from bedrock when mining. In PvP you basically can´t hide your base anywhere due to that exploit. Clipping trough the ground does have a way greater impact than nerd poling. And there is a fix for it.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

And that´s the point we will stop playing. Why would you remove it? It makes building so much more tedious and mining also to some degree. And that´s all it does. It doesn´t add any challenge or difficulty for the actual game play. It´s simply removing a QoL feature. At least give us a choice here please.

And now that i have done a lot of T5, i gotta say the joust arena is harder than the T5´s i did. At least if you don´t cheese it with the clipping bug wich would be a way more importnant thing to stop compared to nerd poling. That´s an actual exploit that makes a lot of poi´s easy af and can also be abused for buried supplies and treasure maps aswell as shooting zombies from bedrock when mining. In PvP you basically can´t hide your base anywhere due to that exploit. Clipping trough the ground does have a way greater impact than nerd poling. And there is a fix for it.

yea just some things i was considering, but if a player wants that its an easy edit in the score xml, just changing one word from false to true

if you feel so strongly about it i wont activate it

the clipping that is available in the base game is what it is, if you wish to implement a fix for yourself and your players then that is up to you but we wont be tackling that particular issue as it has nothing to do with the mod pack

it is possible to snipe the archers in the towers while taking cover, we have done it in testing, if it is too much of a challenge then avoid the poi altogether

23 hours ago, drkstardragon said:

The version on github always has the latest version of the mod. It can change often. The mod db version is updated weekly and may not have the latest files. Did you remove the vanilla poi folder before generating the map?

We removed the vanilla POI folder, so I guess we had an error of some sort.  It might be possible that reading the 2 quests in our starter inventory knocked out the intro quest.

I generated a second map, we were able to complete the starter quest and find the first trader, and the map has the Friendly Jousting Arena.  We haven't noticed any problems through day 2.  Is it pretty safe to say that we should have the main quest ready for us if our version is Mods.24 from the mod db?

Our readme is 2022June04

20 hours ago, arramus said:

The Github development build has been updated to include:

- New chain Quest that starts in the Friendly Jousting Arena, through one of the scrolls in a container, which takes the player through a series of POIs until meeting a boss type entity at the end.

- Remnant stone building 1, 2, and 5 added back into Orcland (Wasteland) but with appropriate blocks for the Medieval timeline.

- New NMM01 World.

The Github development build Readme is dated 2022June06

The NMM01 World is named NMM01_2022June06

Links are on the very first post. These links for the Github area never change and it is helpful to Bookmark them.

I think where I got confused on all of this is that the wording sounded like you were past developmental on the version that includes the main quest, and that post neither said developmental nor stable, IIRC.  I may not RC, IDK.

We generated a map with Mods.24 which has a readme of 2022June04

Edited by BasicallyACat (see edit history)

Nah if it´s that easy to edit it´s not a problem. I just don´t understand why you would remove a built in mechanic that doesn´t really make the game easier while keeping an unintended exploit that can do so much more.

I can do the Joust POI pretty fine. It´s about the classification of the Joust POI as a T4. It´s so far the hardest POI i have seen, shouldn´t be T4 imo. There are a lot with more zombies that are bigger but i could clear them way easier.

4 hours ago, drkstardragon said:

the clipping that is available in the base game is what it is,

Sorry, but did you try to do that at vanilla ? At vanila you don't got that problem/feature.

Just try to dig down 4 block to hit stone.

Dig away 1 dirt to the side.

Crouch and move into that dig out hole.

At vanila you can't see throw the world but at NMM you can.

So it is definitiv a mod thing.

4 hours ago, drkstardragon said:

it is possible to snipe the archers in the towers while taking cover, we have done it in testing, if it is too much of a challenge then avoid the poi altogether

It is just the surprise that you get hit on at your first run.

Another way to kill these archers, climb up the towers, block their line of sight with wood frames before you climb to the archers floor. Then you can kill them one by one.

But at all i don't like to do the joust arena to much work.

Since we are at POIs again.

Indiana Jones, would you consider it as Lvl 5 maybe. It is very large and contain alot of spawns.

Just to bad there wouldn't be a fetch mission at lvl 5, it is a nightmare to clear it.

Cathedrale Notre... , another nightmare for a clear mission, special since i don't got any yellow dot that point me at a direction for the last spawns.

Pathing of the mobs are special at the underground because of the half blocks of the doorway to the chambers. The creature don't recognize them as way and try to dig through the walls.

It is definitiv a POI you want to use dynamite to knock it down, when you don't find these spawns. Just to be sure you allready was there.

5 hours ago, drkstardragon said:

yea just some things i was considering, but if a player wants that its an easy edit in the score xml,

Before a player start to edit files, spheree should consider to add extra UI options for such settings.

Clipping and beeing able to see trough the ground or even a wall is possible in every mod that allows you to fit trough a one block gap. As vanilla doesn´t allow you to fit trough one block gaps, it isn´t possible in vanilla to see and shot trough the ground. At least not that easy and not reliable afaik.

And it doesn´t work at all with a wall in a POI. Like you can do it in the mod supereasy and kill everything above you trough the ceiling.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Clipping and beeing able to see trough the ground or even a wall is possible in every mod that allows you to fit trough a one block gap. As vanilla doesn´t allow you to fit trough one block gaps, it isn´t possible in vanilla to see and shot trough the ground. At least not that easy and not reliable afaik.

And it doesn´t work at all with a wall in a POI. Like you can do it in the mod supereasy and kill everything above you trough the ceiling.

Thankyou both for pointing this out again, as i was under the impression that it was a vanilla thing, must have been patched long ago. I will check the score modlet to see what the default settings are for one block gap, as i assumed they were set to false. If not i will set it to false and if there is still clipping so be it. I will not respond to any further posts about it, as there is nothing further i can do about it if people wish to use "cheats" while playing a game. 

I will not be asking sphere to add in ui options for score settings, but feel free to do so yourself.

Edited by drkstardragon (see edit history)

Pushed an update to Github as follows:

- Undead entities have all received a Radiated version added to Horde Night spawns (from about GS100) and POIs at the same GS level.

- Trader Protection Removed
- Traders have no close time

- 1 block crawl set to 'false' in Score

- Target Health/Name Bar set to 'true' since all entities are properly Localised for naming.

Some Undead have full on 'Chaos' emissive effect while others can be very subtle. Either way they are tougher, a little faster, and give more XP for the effort.

20220607202828_1.thumb.jpg.69648514d8e31ceccecd2e4156c1f556.jpg

20220607205415_1.thumb.jpg.2e949a2bf50fa8fbc01ef7d203a21496.jpg

20220607230651_1.thumb.jpg.a6f99baf958c5a4b934e81e2819a5408.jpg

An update for the Github Development Build as follows:

- The Smite Thee Down weapons have all been given Flurry of Blows Perk to the hits per minute. Increasing hits per minutes will see a trade off with quicker stamina depletion (stamina has not been changed but naturally 'swing' increases will reduce stamina more by default). These weapons will be very good when surrounded by a horde to get you out of a difficult situation but players will need a cool down period to regenerate.

- NMM sees two new weapons added to Perk Electrocutioner and Perk Batter. Here are a couple of images.

These were kindly shared by @oakraven and are very interesting creations to fill a gap.

The Cthulhu Baton gives about +5% benefit on a Baseball Bat for the positive aspects and a -5% benefit gain for negative aspects such as stamina use.

20220608015959_1.thumb.jpg.00c4b85e82f07fbbf8003bd1f67ea662.jpg

And the Firefly Staff. This is based on the Electric Taser. The Skill area in Intellect has been renamed to Firefly Staff and this brings back one more Int Skill feature.

It can also install the Firefly Staff Repulsor Mod to benefit from the original repulsor mod.

20220608015943_1.thumb.jpg.019bbc0a429ca0375f977f04f297be60.jpg

20220608015801_1.thumb.jpg.d0181d1c50d88c9dd73d1fed4571a416.jpg

These weapons have been added to Recipes with very generous Q2 - Q6 potential. They have not been added to the Trader or loot yet, if at all as they are quite unique. The Firefly Staff requires 4 Fireflies as part of the recipe and the Cthulhu Staff require similarly appropriate resources.

52 minutes ago, arramus said:

- NMM sees two new weapons added to Perk Electrocutioner and Perk Batter. Here are a couple of images.

These were kindly shared by @oakraven and are very interesting creations to fill a gap.

Ohh i though you finaly add Mjölnir, i allways looked for such a hammer at NMM special one of these pic's show someone with a hammer which i though sparkle.

But wouldn't that a nice weapon too, just give one of these hammer which are allready in NMM the electrocutioner and as powerattack like the spear it can be thrown.

I don't await that it would be an return weapon and turn to the owners hand ! 🙂

6 hours ago, arramus said:

An update for the Github Development Build as follows:

I'm a little confused about a few things.

1) Is there a stable with the main quest line in it yet?  If not, I assume that our version with a Readme of 2022June04 is too early to have the main quest.

2) If there is a stable with the main quest line in it, does the pre-gen map also include the main quest?

3) If not, should we expect a stable mod + map within a few days, or will it be longer than that?

1 hour ago, BasicallyACat said:

I'm a little confused about a few things.

1) Is there a stable with the main quest line in it yet?  If not, I assume that our version with a Readme of 2022June04 is too early to have the main quest.

2) If there is a stable with the main quest line in it, does the pre-gen map also include the main quest?

3) If not, should we expect a stable mod + map within a few days, or will it be longer than that?

1. Only the Development Build has the 'boss' type chain quest in it at the moment. The 2022June04 version was pre 'boss' type chain quest. It has a lot of new Quests in it but not this last one. This build coincided with the last Moddb stable version.

3. The Moddb stable version is typically updated if there is a critical need (such as the Medieval Tower required an update as it had buggy spawning) or on a weekly basis when there has been a lot of content. Unfortunately uploading 2gb in one large chunk can be a bit time consuming to commit to on a daily basis, especially when only minimal things have been changed. The good thing about the Github Development build is it only requires changing the single files as it gives access to them.

The Github stable build has been updated to:

(Modded Game) NMM - Mods.26.zip - https://www.moddb.com/company/not-medieval-mod-developers/downloads/mods10

(Modded World) NMM01 - NMM01.6.zip  - https://www.moddb.com/company/not-medieval-mod-developers/downloads/nmm01

Changes include:

- POI additions and updates

- New 'boss' type quests and entities.

- 2 new weapons

- All entities have been given names

- Health bar for entities is visible

- 1 block crouch exploit has been removed from Score (toggled through an NNMCore patch)

- Trader Protection removed and traders open all hours

- All Undead entities have 3 tiers of Undead, Feral Undead, and Chaos Undead. They will start appearing from start, about GS50, and GS100 respectively.

In addition, the boss spawners for Blood Moon have been given a slightly higher probability to spawn from 1 in 500 to about 1 in 250 as GS reaches 50. Since the entity list is growing longer, they will still have a lot of competition before spawning.

That covers the highlights and any other changes are typically backdoor and for stability.

It may well be that the bulk of features are now incorporated, although impulse sometimes takes precedence.

It seems the next Moddb build will have:

- A food spoilage system where food needs to be processed or eaten before it spoils.

- Further updates to Localisation, especially for the Skills/Attributes to change the wording so it doesn't mention things which have been removed.

- Possible drops for resin since many of its sources were removed with 'moving back in time'. However, there is quite a lot to be found in Junk, which is respawnable, and wooden wheels on the roads which are limited, for now. The trader should also have more stock than default.

@BasicallyACat All updated in the post above with clearer indication of what build versions are the most up to date for the Moddb stable release. This version isn't missing anything beyond a little tinkering with a new food feature Darkstardragon is considering.

Edited by arramus (see edit history)

On 6/4/2022 at 5:53 AM, arramus said:

A new version has been pushed to the Github download area that includes a fix for the custom crossbow bolts from the original creator.

It is also being uploaded to the Moddb version as well but will take time as it requires the whole mod uploaded rather than just the fix section.

TY ill check it out and confirm if its working or not.

On a side note my horse all of a sudden started sinking to the ground then of course i fell through and was quickly flown into radiation zone where i slowly died. It happened when I almost fell into the pond behind the first trader location, I had enough momentum to stop from falling into the pond and was able to climb up the side of the pond but not actually fall in. After I got out and hit dry ground I continued moving and horse slowly started sinking (id say took about 5 seconds to be completely absorbed by the ground with my horse)

1 hour ago, hiloboys said:

TY ill check it out and confirm if its working or not.

On a side note my horse all of a sudden started sinking to the ground then of course i fell through and was quickly flown into radiation zone where i slowly died. It happened when I almost fell into the pond behind the first trader location, I had enough momentum to stop from falling into the pond and was able to climb up the side of the pond but not actually fall in. After I got out and hit dry ground I continued moving and horse slowly started sinking (id say took about 5 seconds to be completely absorbed by the ground with my horse)

Thank you. It was double checked before releasing and other posters have already confirmed the crossbow ammo is working well again.

As for the horse, or any vehicle sinking for that matter, this is typically linked to different regions of the World updating through loading and unloading. As a player moves through different 'chunks' in the World they are loaded and unloaded but sometimes the loading process is not keeping up with the player's movement. This issue usually happens on a dedicated server where timing and syncing between the player and server are suffering. It has certainly improved for A20. I have not heard this commented on yet for the NMM.

Just checking on the POIs built into the Medieval Towns to see tiers and types. It shows if there are any patchy areas where Quest may be repeated a bit too often at the same place.

Tier 3 and especially Tier 4 are in need of assistance in the towns. Regardless of the challenge, the Bandit Jousting Arena was added to Tier 4 to fill a gap.

For the Wilderness, there is also 2 T5, 3 T3, 3 T1. The 3 T3 help to fill the T3 gap.

T1
Jarls Estate (F+C)

Medieval House 2 (F+C)

Galera (F+C)

Medieval Dragon New (F+C)

Blacksmith (F+C)

Stables 1 (F+C)

Remnant House 04 (F+C)

Bric a Brac (F+C)

T2
Windmill (F+C)

Tower (F+C)

Stone Church (F+C)

Mill (F+C)

Lion's Pride (F+C)

Medieval House (F+C)

Bakery (F+C)

Alchemist (F+C)

Shema House 1 (F+C)

Skinny Finger (F+C)

Shema House 2 (F+C)

T3
Watermill (F+C)

House Pigeon (F+C)

Castle Destroyed (F+C)

Castle 05 (F+C)

Castle Zyncosa (F+C)

T4
Windmill Retro (F+C)

Bandits Joust Arena (F+C)

T5
Tudor Village (F+C)

Tavern (F+C)

Stillwater Castle (F+C)

Sly Ship (F+C)

Notre Damn (F+C)

Galeon Docks (F+C)

Doune Castle (F+C)

DnY Castle M1 (F+C)

Cursed Manor (F+C)

Clock Tower (F+C)

Castle Spartan (F+C)

Castle Libby (F+C)

Total town and wilderness are:

11 T1 Quests

11 T2 Quests

8 T3 Quests

2 T4 Quests

14 T5 Quests

A minimum of 7 is necessary to cover each Tier with the unlikely potential of a unique Quest for F+C versions. Low level Tiers also have the Buried Quests which helps. T4 is clearly in need of assistance...

Adding the Moddb build update which contains the perishable food dynamic.
This was something Darkstardragon wanted to add to maintain the immersive feel of having no access to preservation methods.

Over time (1-2 days) food type items will perish and change to rotten meat. In time rotten meat will also disappear.

If you stack 'low quality' food with 'fresh food' the fresh food will match the 'low quality' food value so best to keep them apart.

Food spoils in 1-2 days.

Some hints that have been shared:

- If you see food in loot, and it is not really necessary, it may be best to leave it there and come back when you need it.
This will apply to your fish farms and looting adventures.

- Food is very abundant in NMM so a little looting will bring decent rewards.

- Honey Comb will never perish.

Please do not reply to this post about this new dynamic. Please tag Darkstardragon directly with your feedback on how it's faring. ;)