Not Medieval Mod - A Fantasy Modpack

arramus

46 minutes ago, Canute said:

You don't understand, the lockpick minigame is working fine.

The question is:

Why does the minigame start at the hatch when you just try to open it and not at the safe too ?

I didn't encounter a locked hatch before, so i don't know if that is a vanilla thing or new to NMM. But all other locked object i found need to unlocked over the radial menu.

Collect egg/honey quests,

I just test to activate 2 collect eggs, put 13/26 eggs into my inventory and then i needed to talk to the trader.

Removed 13 eggs, i got 13 eggs at the inventory and got rewards for both activated quests.

Activate another collect egg quest, get 13 eggs, put 13 eggs away.

And got quest reward with no eggs at the inventory.

I think that need to be overworked.

Arramus has investigated the hatch and the safe and they appear to work as intended from the post he made above, no further investigation is required. If it is a base game issue of some kind then it does not need to be reported here, and likewise if it is an issue with the lockpick mod you can report it to the appropriate mod forum page. We have not altered the lockpick mod in any way. 

It is intended that you gave many stations no horizontal support ?

Sure i can understand that wells need to be placed on soil, but stand pipes they don't get their water from the ground.

Maybe switch from the vanila jar refil methode to a station mechanic. Place empty jars at the input and they get filled up.

Stand pipe slow and the well fast, but at last the dirt requirement from the standpipe should be removed so they can placed indoor and/or maybe at the wall.

Basicly it is about meat grinder, i wanted to place it above my kitchen on the wall but without H support it won't hold on the wall and need to stay on ground/table.

Yes i could place some plate or other nearly none visible block before below that spot and then the grinder above.

But i just wanted to ask if it is intended or just missing.

Oakraven Forge, got such a small point of interaction could you made that larger ? Similar to the forges at the blacksmith ?

33 minutes ago, Canute said:

It is intended that you gave many stations no horizontal support ?

Sure i can understand that wells need to be placed on soil, but stand pipes they don't get their water from the ground.

Maybe switch from the vanila jar refil methode to a station mechanic. Place empty jars at the input and they get filled up.

Stand pipe slow and the well fast, but at last the dirt requirement from the standpipe should be removed so they can placed indoor and/or maybe at the wall.

Basicly it is about meat grinder, i wanted to place it above my kitchen on the wall but without H support it won't hold on the wall and need to stay on ground/table.

Yes i could place some plate or other nearly none visible block before below that spot and then the grinder above.

But i just wanted to ask if it is intended or just missing.

Oakraven Forge, got such a small point of interaction could you made that larger ? Similar to the forges at the blacksmith ?

The:

- Oakraven Forge

- Wells and Standpipes

- Meat Grinder

- Cooking Stations

were kindly provided by Oakraven. The Dragon 'Workbench' was also kindly provided by Oakraven but made specifically for the NMM.

Feel free to make any requests for these Workstation/Well blocks in the Oakraven Forest Collection thread for Oakraven's consideration.

Hello, 

I was wondering if anyone has tried combining this with the sorcery mod and how it runs?  Also curious how horde nights are handled.  

My gf and I love the openness and sheer amount of stuff to do in 7dtd and the potential it has.  But she _hates_ zombies.  I'm hoping this may be a good alternative for that.  

Thank you for creating it.  It looks fun, we'll give it a go tonight.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply!  Maybe we'll start here and wait for sorc to be compatible.  Regarding my gf's distaste for zombies, do you think this mod would be a good fit for getting the gameplay of 7days without dealing with zombies?  also, is it undead that attack on horde nights?  are horde nights still a thing?

You still have zombies at NMM.

Ok not the same like vanila but there are some, together with other undead.

And ofcouse the whole palette of fantasy creatures Orc,goblins,trolls,darf elf, elf, dwarf,spiders,....

When you like the horde nights think about you don't have powered traps or turrets. But you can hire NPC which can be mellee or ranged.

The mod isn't perfect but good playable.

About the Rare NPCs,

would you consider to add a quiete function like the vanila drone ?

It is funny at first to listen to them, but annoying on long term.

And btw. who designed the elf archer, i wonder how she could shoot arrows with their big boobs.

Another issue:

Every day the trader move to a different position. It is about a half block he move each day.

Now he is moved out of interaction reach.

Trader.jpg

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

5 hours ago, RiceCakes211 said:

Hello, 

I was wondering if anyone has tried combining this with the sorcery mod and how it runs?  Also curious how horde nights are handled.  

My gf and I love the openness and sheer amount of stuff to do in 7dtd and the potential it has.  But she _hates_ zombies.  I'm hoping this may be a good alternative for that.  

Thank you for creating it.  It looks fun, we'll give it a go tonight.

Early on i was able to add the sorcery modlet to my playthroughs, now however it will require a patch, will likely have another look at it since the main questline is now complete and added to the github version of the mod pack. Horde nights play much the same as vanilla now that weve changed the horde night entities over to zombie class.  

5 hours ago, RiceCakes211 said:

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply!  Maybe we'll start here and wait for sorc to be compatible.  Regarding my gf's distaste for zombies, do you think this mod would be a good fit for getting the gameplay of 7days without dealing with zombies?  also, is it undead that attack on horde nights?  are horde nights still a thing?

Yes, there are still horde nights, of course you can toggle them off in game settings. Yes, undead will attack, along with all the other entities such as orcs, goblins, dark elves, ogres, demons and such.

5 hours ago, Canute said:

You still have zombies at NMM.

Ok not the same like vanila but there are some, together with other undead.

And ofcouse the whole palette of fantasy creatures Orc,goblins,trolls,darf elf, elf, dwarf,spiders,....

When you like the horde nights think about you don't have powered traps or turrets. But you can hire NPC which can be mellee or ranged.

The mod isn't perfect but good playable.

About the Rare NPCs,

would you consider to add a quiete function like the vanila drone ?

It is funny at first to listen to them, but annoying on long term.

And btw. who designed the elf archer, i wonder how she could shoot arrows with their big boobs.

Another issue:

Every day the trader move to a different position. It is about a half block he move each day.

Now he is moved out of interaction reach.

Trader.jpg

The rarer npcs are there if you wish to hire them, it is not required to do so. The trader movement is interesting, think i have seen something like that before, will look into it. We would like to remove trader protection as well some time soon. 

For those that wish to try the main quest, the initial note can be found in the chest next to the king and queen spawn in the friendly joust arena. The note is not required to complete the quest pois, if playing on dedi with others the locations can be shared between players. 

Can anyone give some good settings or a seed for a good world gen?  Im not really sure what Im looking for when creating one.  

Seed -

Size -

Towns -

Wilderness POI's -

Rivers - 

Craters - 

Cracks - 

Lakes -

Plains -

Hills - 

Mountains - 

Random - 

Edit:  Generated a few worlds with different settings.  not seeing any "burnt forest" biome, but it shows up on the legend.  Should I be concerned?

Edit 2:  Trader is 7.2km away :(

Edited by RiceCakes211 (see edit history)

The zombies aren´t as zombielike as in vanilla. There is no gore on the models if that´s the problem  @RiceCakes211. A good part of them is skeletons and a few mushroomy ones. The others really  look more like ghouls.

The trader moving is a thing. Not only 1m, he is in the furthest possible corner for us. Luckily you can break the glass when jumping on the counter and crouching to get behind the counter. Otherwise that would be a problem.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

The zombies aren´t as zombielike as in vanilla. There is no gore on the models if that´s the problem  @RiceCakes211. A good part of them is skeletons and a few mushroomy ones. The others really  look more like ghouls.

The trader moving is a thing. Not only 1m, he is in the furthest possible corner for us. Luckily you can break the glass when jumping on the counter and crouching to get behind the counter. Otherwise that would be a problem.

The humanoid models all have full gore other than the skeletons, as this was deemed inappropriate for them. We are still looking at the best way to implement removing trader protection without causing any issues. This may help with the moving traders, still havent rooted out the cause but will eventually.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Yeah I've been playing with it, it looks a lot less gory overall, and I  do think thats part of the issue.  And just the general oppressiveness of the zombies.  She sits next to me playing DF on insane and has watched me jump out of my chair more than once.  So shes definitely intimidated by it.  I think she wants something more adventure and less horror.  So far this seems to fit the bill.  Still trying to figure out how to create a decent world, so far all i get are 4 corners of biome chunks.

Edit:  Some googling and I figured out that burnt forest was merged with wasteland but not taken off the legend.  I found a good worldgen.  Waiting for the official map update now.

Edited by RiceCakes211 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, drkstardragon said:

The main quest requires a newly generated rwg as it adds the boss poi, if you wish to add it at this time. The provided map has not been updated yet.

If we start over with version 24   and a rwg map, will this generate the main quest line?

I'm a little confused by you saying 'github' but not the version number and not knowing if you're saying a stable version can generate the main quest or not.  I'm going to try to test this now, but if you have a minute to clarify today, we would appreciate it!

EDIT: also we generated a map and we're getting the 'trader not found' message after we finish the intro quest.

Edited by BasicallyACat (see edit history)

1 hour ago, BasicallyACat said:

If we start over with version 24   and a rwg map, will this generate the main quest line?

I'm a little confused by you saying 'github' but not the version number and not knowing if you're saying a stable version can generate the main quest or not.  I'm going to try to test this now, but if you have a minute to clarify today, we would appreciate it!

EDIT: also we generated a map and we're getting the 'trader not found' message after we finish the intro quest.

The version on github always has the latest version of the mod. It can change often. The mod db version is updated weekly and may not have the latest files. Did you remove the vanilla poi folder before generating the map?

4 hours ago, BasicallyACat said:

The Github development build has been updated to include:

- New chain Quest that starts in the Friendly Jousting Arena, through one of the scrolls in a container, which takes the player through a series of POIs until meeting a boss type entity at the end.

- Remnant stone building 1, 2, and 5 added back into Orcland (Wasteland) but with appropriate blocks for the Medieval timeline.

- New NMM01 World.

The Github development build Readme is dated 2022June06

The NMM01 World is named NMM01_2022June06

Links are on the very first post. These links for the Github area never change and it is helpful to Bookmark them.

The Github development build has been updated to include:

- Localisation for all entities. One irregularity will remain due to Quest starter requirement. Will rectify later.

- Chaos Champion and Demon Lord variants given 100% loot drop.

Just pushing the first Horde Night Radiated two legged entity from about GS100 which is reflective of standard gameplay and matches how a player progresses.

A simple first entry for the Medieval Undead character since it supports emissive texturing.

Regular > Feral > Chaos with incremental steps in HP and XP as per regular gameplay to match the default progression system.

20220606170337_1.thumb.jpg.450304690e5905ed8d081bfe25fd98a8.jpg

Is there any way to gather/craft tree resin ?

I didn't see a recipe and i didn't got any from any gather so far.

And since some ammonation recipe need these, i wanted be sure i can get them before i waste that few in case i need it for some tools.

Yep, that's the way i got so far.

But when you need 2 resign for 1 steel bolt for the dizzler crossbow, you definitiv look for a renewable way to gather that.

Similar to animal fat for flaming arrows/bolt.

Sure i can mass slaughter animals but without perk you get just 2-3 fat each animal. I just notice grace at the maze gave 20 fat (still without perks).

But then i will end to eat steaks all day long (again).

4 hours ago, Canute said:

Yep, that's the way i got so far.

But when you need 2 resign for 1 steel bolt for the dizzler crossbow, you definitiv look for a renewable way to gather that.

Similar to animal fat for flaming arrows/bolt.

Sure i can mass slaughter animals but without perk you get just 2-3 fat each animal. I just notice grace at the maze gave 20 fat (still without perks).

But then i will end to eat steaks all day long (again).

I am sure Darkstardragon will allow either carts to drop a little resin where it isn't hooked up, trees to drop a little when harvested (since it is in context), or for traders to supply a little more since it is a much needed resource for pre-Industrialised societies.