Not Medieval Mod - A Fantasy Modpack

arramus

My offer still stands to help rewrite the main description/webpage if you decide to get into that.  I don't think it's in bad shape, but if you want to improve it a bit here and there and you'd like my help I will make the time.  I may not be free any given day, but if we can do this across a week or something, I'm in.

Edited by BasicallyACat (see edit history)

So, I was having an issue with the POI's not being placed in a RGW. I followed advise and completely took out the POI folder and reran the Random Gen World again with a new seed. It worked! Awesome, been playing off and on for a few weeks. Now, the Trader only offers Buried Supply quests. Nothing else. I have gone into DB mode and reset the quests but still only Buried Supplies. I really am not a fan of those .. Any idea what is going on?

I have read that this has happened before if A19 files were included in A20 builds. I have read that it could be because of the other MOD's running in the game. I have read that it requires a complete uninstall and reinstall with file checks from Steam and them reapplying each MOD one at a time to find the issue ...  that all sounds like a TON of work. If anyone has had this happen, please share, or reshare if it is here and I missed it, what you did to correct. Thanks.

45 minutes ago, A.Danials said:

So, I was having an issue with the POI's not being placed in a RGW. I followed advise and completely took out the POI folder and reran the Random Gen World again with a new seed. It worked! Awesome, been playing off and on for a few weeks. Now, the Trader only offers Buried Supply quests. Nothing else. I have gone into DB mode and reset the quests but still only Buried Supplies. I really am not a fan of those .. Any idea what is going on?

I have read that this has happened before if A19 files were included in A20 builds. I have read that it could be because of the other MOD's running in the game. I have read that it requires a complete uninstall and reinstall with file checks from Steam and them reapplying each MOD one at a time to find the issue ...  that all sounds like a TON of work. If anyone has had this happen, please share, or reshare if it is here and I missed it, what you did to correct. Thanks.

Have never seen anything like this in all the time ive played the game. Although i havent had the time to do a proper long play, i plan on doing so now that the mod is complete for a20 and sorcery has a patch pending.

58 minutes ago, A.Danials said:

read that it requires a complete uninstall and reinstall with file checks from Steam

Uninstal at steam is tricky, i don't remove any older version files, and the file check just check the aktual version files.

Best results are allways, just simple open the file explorer and delete the whole installation. Then let steam reinstal it.

1 hour ago, A.Danials said:

Now, the Trader only offers Buried Supply quests.

What tier are at lower tier other quests availble or only just buried supplies too ?

Did you check other traders ?

Since it is a random world, it can happen that there arn't any proper tier POI at range of these trader.

@drkstardragon When you removed the trader protection did you keep a block near the trader protected? Appearantly you need a protected block near a trader to get other quests as buried supplies. There was a thread lately where this was discussed, people wanted to place traders in their homebases and they only gave out buried supplies.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

Correct. A trader requires a point of origin to measure distance to POIs and offer quests. Without this, it'll be Buried Supplies all the way.

This was an issue for The Wasteland mod until it used a .dll mod to remove protection but maintain the trader point of origin.

This new trader protection system works on a new World. I am able to visit an unprotected trader and see a variety of quests beyond only buried supplies.

It is potentially an issue with existing Worlds? I am unable to verify.

On an existing World, where this is an issue, since this Score solution is block based, see if going near a Trader in God Mode and typing 'chunkreset f' allows the area to reset with the new trader settings and restores questing functionality. If not, it appears this type of update requires a new World.

10 hours ago, A.Danials said:

Can you go inside a trader building and in DM mode and type 'chunkreset f' in the F1 console? It will reload things around you, including the trader and it may revert to the new Trader block, if Score gives the Trader a new type of block. It will help confirm if this update needs a new World or can continue on an existing World using this update.

11 hours ago, arramus said:

Correct. A trader requires a point of origin to measure distance to POIs and offer quests.

Just as an FYI, I recently provided code to SCore that gets around this.

Normally when a quest giver gives a quest that goes to a POI, that quest giver needs to have an associated trader protected area (it presumes the quest giver is a vanilla trader).

If you substitute "RandomTaggedPOIGotoSDX, SCore" for the vanilla "RandomPOIGoto" objective, then it should get around this. If there is no trader protected area around the quest giver, then it should just choose a random POI, without considering the used POIs around that specific trader (it can't do that without a trader protected area). There is always the danger of repeated POIs, but it should at least work without throwing errors.

To use it, you would need to use the "RandomTaggedPOIGotoSDX" objective instead of the vanilla "RandomPOIGoto" objective.

1 hour ago, khzmusik said:

Just as an FYI, I recently provided code to SCore that gets around this.

Normally when a quest giver gives a quest that goes to a POI, that quest giver needs to have an associated trader protected area (it presumes the quest giver is a vanilla trader).

If you substitute "RandomTaggedPOIGotoSDX, SCore" for the vanilla "RandomPOIGoto" objective, then it should get around this. If there is no trader protected area around the quest giver, then it should just choose a random POI, without considering the used POIs around that specific trader (it can't do that without a trader protected area). There is always the danger of repeated POIs, but it should at least work without throwing errors.

To use it, you would need to use the "RandomTaggedPOIGotoSDX" objective instead of the vanilla "RandomPOIGoto" objective.

Thank you. I shall tag @Darkstardragon for this message as it was a feature on his release roadmap.

We are into the Mods.26 / Readme 2022June08 version.  Everything is looking good.  We're interested to see how the food spoilage changes our lives.

We're wondering if skills like Run And Gun are now integrated with items like the new crossbows and guns.

We saw the note about Flurry of Blows being integrated with the Smite Thee Down weapons, but does it also affect the baton-replacement Firefly Staff?

19 minutes ago, BasicallyACat said:

We are into the Mods.26 / Readme 2022June08 version.  Everything is looking good.  We're interested to see how the food spoilage changes our lives.

We're wondering if skills like Run And Gun are now integrated with items like the new crossbows and guns.

We saw the note about Flurry of Blows being integrated with the Smite Thee Down weapons, but does it also affect the baton-replacement Firefly Staff?

Run and Gun is integrated for players wielding ranged weapons connected to:

Gunslinger
Dead Eye
Machine Gunner
Turrets
Archery (includes new crossbows)

The new guns are not integrated as they are connected to close ranged Shotguns, even though they have pretty mid range distance that way surpasses a shotgun.

They'll also get the 15% weapon reload upgrade with the Bandolier.

There aren't currently any Shotgun books out there and I'm not sure if it will fit into Darkstardragon's plans.

Flurry of Blows will bring benefit to the Firefly Staff.

Just tried the latest github version and t saw food spoiling for the first time.

Every other game that has food spoilage also gives you a way to conserve food, not right away but later in game. Couldn´t find anything in the crafting menu for that, but i might just not have found it. Is there anything in the mod for that?

A little note to the bow/crossbow enemies: They never miss. Ever. That also a bit frustrating and unrealistic.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

Would it be possible to modify the code where if you put a snowball in the storage with food, that spoilage meter is the one that goes down instead of the food. And when no more snowballs are left then foot spoilage meter continues?

10 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Every other game that has food spoilage also gives you a way to conserve food, not right away but later in game. Couldn´t find anything in the crafting menu for that, but i might just not have found it. Is there anything in the mod for that?

I think there should be some ways.

- Salten meat/vegetables. But that need a new resource salt. It could be get by mining stones as rare side drop. Or from cooking out alot murky water (100) to get 1 salt.

With the salt you can either salt the resources with an recipe, or create a container with only a few slots which prevent/lower the spoilage.

Resources into that container or made with that recipe should turn into salted meat/vegetable which need special recipes to cook a meal out of it (salted stew).

- ice box, well isolated container (wood,cloth,feather) which are fueled with snowballs (shouldn't spoil these too ?) (or ice when you want to add that) to lower the spoilage. Meals can be placed inside too.

- preservation, meat + jar = preserved meat, vegetable + jar = preserved vegetable. Long cooking process.

It would be the logical things that snowballs melt (spoil). But gameplay wise you narrow down the positions of where people would want to live on a map. Pretty much everyone would want to live near or in the snow biome.

Salt is a good idea. Smoking would also be an option for meat.

Vinegar for vegetables maybe, you can make vinegar from things that are in game already. Potatoes, beer and honey. 

On 6/9/2022 at 4:08 AM, BasicallyACat said:

My offer still stands to help rewrite the main description/webpage if you decide to get into that.  I don't think it's in bad shape, but if you want to improve it a bit here and there and you'd like my help I will make the time.  I may not be free any given day, but if we can do this across a week or something, I'm in.

A video or written guide would be a very useful feature for new players or players who haven't explored things as much as you/your community have.

The initial main description is a basic overview and was added very early in development. As such, it is a typo fest with big gaps for sure but will remain that way until Darkstardragon returns from an NMM/Sorcery hybrid Quest and considers how balanced everything was. This is a much needed first hand play test run through.

A comprehensive guide typically needs a start, middle, and finish. And some nice pictures/video footage can assist the learning process. If this is something you are willing to do, then it will be a benefit to all. Naturally it will require periodic updates as things are added/removed/revised but the base will remain the same.

12 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Just tried the latest github version and t saw food spoiling for the first time.

A little note to the bow/crossbow enemies: They never miss. Ever. That also a bit frustrating and unrealistic.

4 hours ago, BasicallyACat said:

We should have more thoughts on the food spoilage after tonight.  If there's anything else you want us to keep an eye on and talk about, lmk soon if you see this.

1 hour ago, Canute said:

I think there should be some ways.

- Salten meat/vegetables. But that need a new resource salt. It could be get by mining stones as rare side drop. Or from cooking out alot murky water (100) to get 1 salt.

With the salt you can either salt the resources with an recipe, or create a container with only a few slots which prevent/lower the spoilage.

Resources into that container or made with that recipe should turn into salted meat/vegetable which need special recipes to cook a meal out of it (salted stew).

- ice box, well isolated container (wood,cloth,feather) which are fueled with snowballs (shouldn't spoil these too ?) (or ice when you want to add that) to lower the spoilage. Meals can be placed inside too.

- preservation, meat + jar = preserved meat, vegetable + jar = preserved vegetable. Long cooking process.

I have never used a food spoilage system in game before, but I do make fermented sauerkraut, pickled vegetables, and smoked/salted goods in real life and they keep very well. ^^

Good to hear a nice mix of feedback on this.

The Bow/Crossbow entities are shockers. Xyth from the Score/XNPCCOre team suggested tweaking the settings of those weapons but as they are also shared by Hireable entities, they would all lose their combat ability. It may be that a custom weapon needs to be made like the Shaman have with their burning club and electric staff.

27 minutes ago, arramus said:

I have never used a food spoilage system in game before,

You never have played ARK survival evolved ?

Then you should do that if you got some spare time ! 🙂

Going Medieval, an indie iso colony builder should have spoilage too. Can't confirm it is a while since i played it, and at Early access the things can change quick.

As far as food spoilage, quest and the accuracy of the ranged entities:

Currently on day 10 of a patched sorcery/nmm playthrough. No lack of foods, always some there to scavenge and lots of animals to hunt when needed, with fish tank/bee hives/crops/chicken coops food is available in abundance to harvest when needed. Am on tier 3 quests atm and have not found any issues with the traders offering only buried supplies quests, when has this shown up? Accuracy of the ranged entities comes from npc mod, which we tested extensively for months and found that the current settings for accuracy are required to have them be any kind of threat, they cant hit the side of a barn with it turned down. If you strafe/run/dodge they will miss at times and if indoors they are a priority target. Taking them out of the mod completely will decrease the difficulty to the point where you might as well just play the base game. That being said, we are appreciative of the feedback and will take all comments into consideration for future iterations of the mod pack.