Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Thanks for the great work. Finally I saw some new PreFabs while testing. Sadly, the world is still empty. Something's still wrong with the number of spawning.

Yes - its only 1 or 2 that spawns in wilderness !!! Sometimes there is not a single one

This belongs to the RWGMIXER !!!

We work on that !!!

btw:

I will bring a update today !!!

No new stuff - just cosmetical things

More later

Mag out

UPDATE - TIME:

New version is now:

Prefabs-Compo-Pack v2 (versionID150519)

This is a hotfix-release to fix some esthetical and cosmetical things on some Prefabs.

I also added (exchanged) the brandnew version of the TWDprison (overdone by Laz Man himself).

To get it click the DL-Link on the first Post !!!

To get detailed Infos what have changed - PLS read the releasenotes.txt included in the .zip-file !!!

btw:

PLS TRASH THE OLD PACK :) !!!

Have fun with this

Mag out

Oh cool i hadn't noticed this. Does this have everything from the other pack we were messing with? Also we could totally just change out the ground blocks to make snow, grass, wasteland variations of some of the prefabs if that's something you guys think needs doing lets get a list made so we can churn em out.

Also i see

-removed Hospital from Wsiegel - because its totally buggy (gotta check this later)

I wonder if you ever got the one that i fixed? there was a layer somewhere around the top that spawned a buncha beds in one of the rooms, one of those beds broke the world gen when it spawned. Once i removed the bed on the one i fixed it stopped giving me errors.

Hey Acid - nice to hear from u

Yes - the POI's from the old pack are in - and many more - check it out!

Just updated to v2 a hour ago ;)

IMO all is repaired and corrected well. Almost all prefabs has get terrainfiller and topsoildecoration too

If u see any mistake pls post it here (with screenshot)

(Or fix it and post the fix here ;) - so i can include it in the next release !

btw:

we need more small POI's (= smaller than 44X44) !!! I think i will make a new one next days :)

Mag out

Great pack, thank you for the work :)

To help with the cleaning - the RGPM_Office(by_Wsiegel)v2 has the following:

Set of steps are rotated the wrong way at left hand entrance (looking from road)

In the xml it allows it to spawn in wilderness - which is odd as I cam across it in the middle of the plains :)

I think the xml should be: <property name="AllowedTownships" value="City" />

Great pack, thank you for the work :)

To help with the cleaning - the RGPM_Office(by_Wsiegel)v2 has the following:

Set of steps are rotated the wrong way at left hand entrance (looking from road)

In the xml it allows it to spawn in wilderness - which is odd as I cam across it in the middle of the plains :)

I think the xml should be: <property name="AllowedTownships" value="City" />

I check the misrotated blocks (could be that its the Vanilla-rotation-prob - then i can do nothing)

Cityspawning does not work with the office !!!! Prefab is to big that !!! (limit is 44X44)

Mag out

Yeah theres always an issue between a patch random gen placing things in a strange way etc. Plus thats a HUGE number of prefabs to have to fully test. Also thanks for the mention I cant count how many times i helped edit something and one i did like 30+ % of the work but no mention of me any where. Whats good about here is its faster to have lots of others help test it to make it just right much faster.

Yeah theres always an issue between a patch random gen placing things in a strange way etc. Plus thats a HUGE number of prefabs to have to fully test. Also thanks for the mention I cant count how many times i helped edit something and one i did like 30+ % of the work but no mention of me any where. Whats good about here is its faster to have lots of others help test it to make it just right much faster.

Yes thats true - many hands make the work smaller.

And of course i mentioned u - for the pack of lost prefabs u have collected and gave me.

I didn't throw an eye on the pack u uploaded - i didn't found the time yet - perhaps end of week.

But i look forward to the treasures i will found in there ;)

I gotta fix the Issue in the Prefab-Componist-tool - and i really wan't to build a new Prefab again.

If nothing important is on today - i will do this after work.

Mag out

Find another building that needs some fixing love -

BfREbJy.png

Also, the Plant needs to have the biomes changed to be Wasteland only, or be set up to use the soil type of the biome it appears in. Right now it can spawn in the forest with wasteland soil all around it.

I'm using version 2 and the default rnd xml and so far looking great.

The one small issue I have found is a very few new POI's in towns are being placed one block in the air. Each time I see this, however, there is a single block connecting the ground to the building. Think balloon on a string lol.

As I said very very few but I wanted to mention in case it helps with the cleanup.

Thanks for this! It's really made the game better and I hope the devs take a strong look at officially adopting some of these.

Now if we could only persuade LT to release his excellent mod :)

Find another building that needs some fixing love -

BfREbJy.png

Also, the Plant needs to have the biomes changed to be Wasteland only, or be set up to use the soil type of the biome it appears in. Right now it can spawn in the forest with wasteland soil all around it.

1. to the picture: what is wrong with it. Is there's something wrong with the door. I can't see it in this screenshot.

Looks like only the upper half of the door is here. the rest seems to be under earth.

Or did u meant the prefab-yOffset (hight). Its normal that this prefab is set 1 block deeper.

Because this is the house iam living in irl - lol - thats true :) - and its build deeper as the neighbors ones ;)

All i can say: This prefab is OK. It spawns perfectly in all all biomes i saw. What u got here looks like a spawning error, caused by a hole or a hill - that was there previously. This is another courious part of the rude pefab-spawner from game.

2.The Plant also is OK. It has got terrainfiller since release. Or have u meant the bed of sand inside the waterhole.

Its a esthetical question. Don't know for what i should change that. IMO the sand looks best inside the waterhole !!! (Make some suggestions on that if u want - i will hear)

I will search a few plants on map - and take look by myself - but i saw it in the City - and there it looked wasty :)

anyway thx for ur interresse

Mag out

hey LT. - I checked the plant a few mins ago. For me it looks fine in several biomes - look:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8712[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8713[/ATTACH]

But this house i got misspawnt too O(

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8714[/ATTACH]

It spawn into the street !!!

I don't know what's up here - I check that (perhaps rotating!?)

Mag out

edit: to jrb531: did u meant this house ^^

Ah sorry I mean the big building with the red tower. It spawned in the forest surrounded by wasteland soil and didn't look very good.

Also, in the screenshot I provided the house is floating 1 block high, or rather 1 layer of block is missing, the bottom half of the doorway and all around.

Ah sorry I mean the big building with the red tower. It spawned in the forest surrounded by wasteland soil and didn't look very good.

Also, in the screenshot I provided the house is floating 1 block high, or rather 1 layer of block is missing, the bottom half of the doorway and all around.

ah - surly u meant the factory - its the vanilla factory from Nava. It could be that i missed that one.

I will check both.

I find 9 more things that have to be changed !!!

I think i have to provide another hotfix soon !!!

Mag out

btw:

we need more small POI's (= smaller than 44X44) !!! I think i will make a new one next days :)

Mag out

If you want smaller prefabs look into my converted Burbs Pack, another user was looking at them but i dont know if they progressed etc. food for thought tho.

So far found Shamway Foods are spawning in forests, so they need to be adjusted. And the Stadium seems to be too big to smoothly integrate with most areas it spawns. I'm electing to remove it on my server.

Here is another one -

tAROVCZ.jpg

Hi LT

^^This screeni is Wulftown (costum) !!!

I will take a look on the Shamway-stores today after work. What is wrong with it ??? The ground again ???

And i thought the same about the football-stadium yesterday. Its just to big (and looks not so good also)

Mag out

+ it's collapsing when walking on tribune...

Bull out.... :D

yeah - but did u watched the collapse - i did !!! Looked very funny. Like a Domino-race - lol

OK - the stadium is definitly out - in the next release ;)

As i said - i found some cosmetical Issues (y-offset-displace - rotations - Wrong spawning)

I start now testing again. Perhaps i find some more.

I think today or tommorow comes the next hotfix !!!

Mag out

Hi all!

First I want to thanks for the nice job for everyone who helped to make this package. The game really needs contects. This package helps a lot to get better world.

Second I want to ask you, have you got any fps problem with the prefabs? On our server v2 package installed to the exist world and when we discover new zones and found new prefabs and move closer, then we lost 2/3 FPS usually. What could be the problem? What do you think?

Could it be the (alot!!) mounted lights/candle?

@rocco: This Pack has modified almost all prefab-files (also the valilla .xml's)

so i STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO START A NEW WORLD when u got the pack installed (no matter which version)!!!

I believe to 99% the Issue is gone then ;)

Mag out

Archived