Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Magoli

Hey guys

In my research of finding old lost and forgotten Prefabs - I found a special one.

But i feel like i have to ask u guys - if we should add this Prefab to the Pack.

It is one of the towers of the WORLD-TRADE-CENTER !!!!

(here is the origanal post with some screenshots !!!)

I come from europe - for me its no problem to see that on map - but i want to know how u US-guys think of it !!!

I really don't want to start a discussion of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to know if: WTC should be in or not !!!

If we choose to add it - it will be a City-spawner.

And if we just see the architectical part - it will be one of the nicest POI's in the CITY

For that reason I started a POLL here.

The voting will run exactly 1 week (till now) !!!

I WANT YOU TO VOTE !!!

here u can see the temporary voting-result

Mag out

Yea i removed that from RGPM Pack because of any close tiers with the building for the people, not if they were bad as they are (yes still ARE) lovely buildings, i just removed them out of respect. On a side note you should really look into The Burbs Pack i updated for A11, it just needs more of your Mag(oli)ic touch to get it 100% ;)

@Tahoenvy:

to post101: The misrotated cobblestone-stairs are a Game-bug when the game tries to rotate the prefab in spawning.

The prefab itself is ok. Look at this earlier post:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?26122-A11-1-RWG-Pack-Tester&p=245514&viewfull=1#post245514

to post102: Looks very nasty. But this is also a GAME-BUG !!! The prefab is "magoli_minigolf_a11_v1"

But this bug could easily happen to other prefabs too (even Vanillas). This is not the prefabs fault. its the spawner !!!

to post103: Same problem like the cobblestonestairs. Some blocks don't rotate probably when the whole prefab is rotated.

(it belongs to some chests,doors,wedges,ramps,stairs,piles)

Feel free to remove what u want - but in this cases it won't solve the problems !!!

We have to wait till the Worldspawner becomes optimized :(

Mag out

Yea i removed that from RGPM Pack because of any close tiers with the building for the people, not if they were bad as they are (yes still ARE) lovely buildings, i just removed them out of respect. On a side note you should really look into The Burbs Pack i updated for A11, it just needs more of your Mag(oli)ic touch to get it 100% ;)

Can u tell me what is the difference between Vanilla and the Burbs-pack ???

I wanna check out the Burbs-pack soon !!!

But it will be no independent own version.

It will be a kind of light-version from the Compo-Pack.

On the other hand - i didn't understand the sense - y a Burbs-Pack at all ??? It is just a few of the vanilla prefabs !!!

This is actually the straight other way i wanna go.

I want MORE prefabs and a more Various Spawningmix.

But i will see - what i can do for people - that don't want the full pack !!!

When my Componist-tool is finished 100% - the people are able to create their own Mix of Prefabs and a prefabs.xml - they want to have in their maps.

Then everyone can make a working Prefabs-Pack by theirselves !!!

Mag out

So I ended up removing the RWGmixer that is part of this pack and loading a vanilla mixer with the Prefabs. The just don't work together, it was a MESS on two different Seeds I created fresh, no other Mods running. Buildings loading on top of each other, Multiple POI's all jumbled. I LOVED the way the prefabs were all mixed together and the spawn rate was awesome, but something needs to be fixed with the different heights they are spawning at

So I ended up removing the RWGmixer that is part of this pack and loading a vanilla mixer with the Prefabs. The just don't work together, it was a MESS on two different Seeds I created fresh, no other Mods running. Buildings loading on top of each other, Multiple POI's all jumbled. I LOVED the way the prefabs were all mixed together and the spawn rate was awesome, but something needs to be fixed with the different heights they are spawning at

i agree with u

The shame is: I can't do nothing with the problems u discribed :(

I work on the collapsing-prob right now

Mag out

Hey mate,

i installed your mod yesterday on our server but it´s not working.

Do the clients need the mod on their local computers too, because only the server has them installed yet.

Thanks for your help.

Alex

Hi Alex

No - the Pack only needs to be on server !!!

The players didn't have to install nothing extra !!!

But the CompoPackv3 has some Issues (especially on servers) !!!

Its the big prefabs that causes the errors.

I work on the v4-version very hardly.

Soon i will release a new Pack-version. (perhaps today or tommorow)

Iam in testing-phase right now !!! (dedi too)

(It looks like i could pimp the spawning-mix even more better - about 20% !!!)

If u want the v3 pack to get working look the posts #88 and #96 here.

Bullrott removed some of the big ones from the prefabs.xml - since he has no errors or framedrops at all on his server !!!

Mag out

UPDATE - TIME:

New version is now: Prefabs-Compo-Pack v3 (versionID: PCP150604)

This update is mostly dedicated to the problems with the big prefabs - and also the snow/town problem.

To get it click the DL-Link on the first Post !!!

UPDATENOTES:

I removed the biggest 8 Prefabs from the prefabs.xml !!!

Also checked all Snow-spawners for spawning in town - and changed that to rural or removed it

There were a few cosmetical changes on the prefabs itselfs too (collapsing-prevention,sizechange)

I have done a complete Conflict-scan (with the new working version of the Componist :) )

and removed that 11 conflicts that the Componist-tool has dedected.

Changed very lots of .xml's again to make the spawningmix- and look even better and errorfree !!!

Changelog:

FIXES/CHANGES:

* mp_waste_bldg_governer_08 - changed size - now its 28X45 and is able to spawn in City and town now

* RGPM_Bank(by_Limodor)v2 - does not spawn in wilderness anymore

* house_mansion_02 - changed size - now its 45X34 and is able to spawn in City and town now

* house_mansion_03 - changed size - now its 45X40 and is able to spawn in City and town now

* store_pharmacy_sm_01 - changed size - now its 32X45 and is able to spawn in City and town now

* RGPM_Supermarket(by_Sudo)v2 - fixed collapsing-problem

* magoli_minigolf_a11_v1 - fixed collapsing-problem

* magoli_pistol_gunshop_a11_v1 - fixed collapsing-problem (in the barrel)

* overdone the complete xml's again to make the spawning-mix even better

(especially the wilderness-spawning, the rural-spawning, and the complete spawning in snow-biome)

* fixed a few more prefabs to prevent them from collapsing

REMOVES:

* school_01 - to big for RWG for now !

* RGPM_Prison(by_Ekk0)v2 - to big for RWG for now !

* RGPM_Recycling(by_Limodor)v2 - to big for RWG for now !

* RGPM_ShoppingCenterMall(by_Warsaken)v2 - to big for RWG for now !

* RGPM_ShoppingCenterShops(by_Warsaken)v2 - to big for RWG for now !

* RGPM_TheMill(by_MoNKeYest1)v2 - to big for RWG for now !

* RGPM_TWDprison(by_LazMan)v3 - to big for RWG for now !

* sawmill_01_snow - to big for RWG for now !

* store_grocery_sm_01 (changed to store_grocery_sm_mod_01)

NEW TO MAP:

* store_grocery_sm_mod_01 - is 25X38 and spawns in town now !

RWGMIXER.XML:

* changed all biome-WildernessPOIMaxCount entries to value="5"

* changed almost all entries for Prob (Biome,town,rural)

Pls exchange the modded one with the one on your Gamefolder too !!!

With my rwgmixer i guarantee u a minimum of 2 prefabs per Biome. (Mostly 3 or 4 ;) )

It is working very well together with the PACK.

Anyway - as long i tested no better rwgmixer.xml-settings - THIS IS MY OFFICIAL VERSION OF IT !!!

PLS DON'T CHANGE OR MODIFY IT and post it to me when running wrong - Then i can't give support !!!

Because then i don't know if its the PACK or the strange settings what makes u problems !!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAZIT:

Iam sorry about the big (cool) prefabs that had to leave the Pack for now.

I hope i can add them as soon as possible to the spawn again !!!

BUT - the nasty console-errors are gone now !!!

Also the source that causes servers to drop framerates are completly gone now !!!

I tested it 2 times localy and on my rent-server too !!!

The v4-version looks even better as the v3-version !!! ( IMO about 20% better !!! :) )

I have made 2 videoclips - to give u a view of the spawning.

in the Wasteland_hub - and

There r still prefabs spawning together or collapses (in some strange cases).

Also wilderness-prefabs spawn on streets.

As i said before many times: I can't do nothing with these Issues. This is TFP's work !!!

have fun

Mag out

Server has been extremely laggy, crashed once and crashed my server host's machine the second time since i added the prefabs + RWG file.

sry to hear that

As i said - i tested it 2 times on my server too -> Everything is working well - no fpsdrops - no errors - even when i search for them !

(I only got a geforce gtx645 :( - so i have to set the videosettings always to a low level !!!)

how many fps do u got without the pack ??? - i have 30-50 with pack (mostly 43 constant)

and almost the same fps without pack ( about 48 )!!!

Have u installed other Mods ???

all drivers updated ??? (sry for that question)

have u ever Reinstalled Game on server too since A11.5 ??? - and removed all stayed files manually ???

Which host do u got ??? My host is Gamerzfactory.de

I started a crazy test:

I made a prefab with 100 lit lights - and tested that in game on server !

Result: fps decreased about 8 fps to 34constant !!! But no crash !!!

PLS reinstall the Game on server and localy - and give the pack a 2nd chance !!!

Mag

Hey Magoli, I haven't said so much on the forums but this Mod has to get noticed. I was using your V2 and it definitely brings new life to the game. I will be downloading your V4 onto my private server tonight and running it with my guildies. Thank you for taking this endeavor on and putting your own "swag" on a pimped out game. Cheers, let you know if I find anything funky this weekend.

I was using the prefab pack until that world generation error from one or more of the prefabs crashed the world. I tried really hard to save it but couldn't, and also tried to remove the prefab that was causing the problem, but it was just a guessing game at that point. I thought I got it, but it was still there and crashed that world. My server is running with no prefabs at the moment, and I don't plan to start a new world with the prefabs in 11.5, but when a12 comes out I definitely plan on using this pack. After I used the prefabs, the vanilla structures are so boring I can't stand it, but the game is working and I don't want to mess up hours of peoples work, but I wanted to let you know I'm looking forward to using them with a12 so thanks for your support and all of the time youve put into the prefabs. It took me hours and hours just to try and find the corrupted prefab by trial and error so I can't imagine how much effort youre putting into this stuff. :)

I was using the prefab pack until that world generation error from one or more of the prefabs crashed the world. I tried really hard to save it but couldn't, and also tried to remove the prefab that was causing the problem, but it was just a guessing game at that point. I thought I got it, but it was still there and crashed that world. My server is running with no prefabs at the moment, and I don't plan to start a new world with the prefabs in 11.5, but when a12 comes out I definitely plan on using this pack. After I used the prefabs, the vanilla structures are so boring I can't stand it, but the game is working and I don't want to mess up hours of peoples work, but I wanted to let you know I'm looking forward to using them with a12 so thanks for your support and all of the time youve put into the prefabs. It took me hours and hours just to try and find the corrupted prefab by trial and error so I can't imagine how much effort youre putting into this stuff. :)

thx for ur feedback

I know - the pack v1 - v3 was buggy (for many easons - not only the big ones)

But as u see - the v4-version works fine now.

I just started my 5th mapflight (with different seeds) and it works really fine

Iam afraid of A12 !!! (in the case of my pack)

It could be that ALL prefabs have to be repaired or builded new.

Its the big-blockID-overdou with the rotation-assimilation that will come.

I don't know if it will be A12 or A13. But it will come !!!

(then i(we) got a lot of work (again) !!!

And the Pack will be unuseable till its repaired.

So i recommend u (and all of u) to enjoy the pack NOW !!! Who knows for how long we can use it !?!?!?!

(In the worst case ALL "old-made" prefabs r not repairedable and useable at all)

(When TFP thinks they need a new Buildsystem or a other SI or Hal9000 (he's the creator behind ALL prefabbing) stops working on the editor or don't make a new Converter - many things could happen - just wanted to image !!!

However:

Thanks to all of u - who's appreciate my work - and give feedback to help the pack gets better (or useable ;) )

When the editor is running i be able to export my brandnew 3 prefabs from the savegames.

(its a Timber-shop, a big glassfactory and Moe's Taverne)

And i will starting giving some love to some added prefabs.

Also i got the permission from Guppycur to use his 3 prefabs to (a bank, a firestation and a church).

But they also need's a little bit of love and repairing.

@Tahoenvy: Yes - its true: The Blocks in the KWIK-E-MART are scrambled up sometimes very nasty !!!

It looks shiddy. Also the misrotaed cobblestone-stairs in the bowlingcenter looks nasty.

Its the game's rotation-bug. I hate that too. Prefabs don't look like - how they have been created !!!

(it belongs to poles,piles,stairs,wedges,chests,plates,lootcontainers

So every prefab has a little block-misrotate somewhere !!!)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE ABOUT POST #92

THE POLL WILL BE CLOSED IN 3 HOURS !!!

Mag out

Hello again

Last week i started a Poll about:

Should the Prefab "World-Trade-Center" be added to the pack ?

This is the result

(19 votes - 16YES - 3NO)

Looks like a clear choice to me :)

You guys votet it in !!!

Thanks to all - how gave up a vote !!!

This Prefab will be added in the next release.

But i will remove the "WTC"-Logo inside. And it will renamed to "Skycraper" or so !!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sideline:

If u don't like a special prefab for any reason - feel free to remove its enty-line from the prefabs.xml !!!

Then it never will spawn on your map !!!

If u saw a prefab - but don't know its name:

Then i recommend u to download my Componist-tool.

It is a library of ALL (vanilla and custom) used prefabs in game WITH SCREENSHOTS !!!

So - its easy to idenfy it - especially when u use the multiple filters - that filters out unwanted prefabs from ur searchlist.

A new version of the Prefab-Componist will be released in 1-2 hours !!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured out - that some buildings still fly 1 block above ground.

If u step on them - they collapse !!! I try to fix that !!!

The SIMPSONS-HOUSE spawns 90 degrees misrotated to the street !!! I will fix that !!!

A few of the Vanilla-Ornament-Buildings are empty and lootless !!! I will fix that !!!

If u guys has found anything strange - PLS - AS ALWAYS - POST IT HERE WITH PHOTO OR NAME IT !!!

btw:

the last 2 days i play on my server and check the towns and the wilderness.

And I have to say - that everything looks so awesome, exciting and various !!!

The difference between this and default-vanilla-setting is undescibleable !!!

This is to 80% what i wanted the Land has to look like !!!

(nextup: More prefabs - even better and subtiler spawningmix - but for that i need more prefabs !!! :) )

stay tuned

Mag out

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks! I installed the pack a couple days ago and it has been beautiful since. The diversity is really good and nothing has clashed and spawned together or anything. I am really enjoying the pack so Thank you to you and everyone who worked on it. Much appreciated!

Is it possible to use this mod without a restart too?

We have a good base and don´t want to restart on our server again. ^^

IMO - NO

because the world will be constucted - when the very first player join the map !

U can try to clear the regions except the one u got ur base in.

Another method is to export a selected area - for this u will need Hal9000's Prefab-editor (but its not uptodate in these days - it will not work online now - i hope for an update too).

I had the problem to save my players bases before A11 has lunched too.

Here is a method that works 100% - when u know how to work with the editor !!!

Mag out

• Roland locked this topic

Archived