Magoli

Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Hi Mag

I started a test server and loaded the new pack (4) fresh. Here are some of the screenshots I've got for you today. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198079618416/screenshots/?appid=251570

The rocket ship was a bit strange cause it landed on top of a house in the middle of the Prairie biome with NOTHING around it. Im still finding just as many errors as I did in 3. God knows Im rooting for you dude and I appreciate your work to no end. I do not get any console errors but lots of graphical issues still. I can't wait for this game to release so we can finally start working on real modding.

@Tahoenvy:

Thx for the screenshots. Good to hear that the console-errors are gone now.

The 3 Pics u linked here are Spawning-together-errors.

This is cause of the game doesn't know:

* where the street are

* How big the prefabs are he want to set (even the vanilla ones !!!)

* Where he already has placed down a prefab

As i said: The world-spawning-engine is still very very alpha !!!

Perhaps i can fix the kind of Issue that the Rocket-base has made.

Perhaps TFP will fix the worldspawner in any of the next alphas ...

Mag out

Is it possible to use this mod without a restart too?

We have a good base and don´t want to restart on our server again. ^^

Yes... I do it all the time. You have to manually delete all non-base areas (everything but the regions you want to keep) and understand that the connections between new and old regions might be a bit strange... mix matched elevations... but it works good enough for us. Also understand that you will only see the new stuff in the new areas.

Do I need to install this to the clients? or just the server?

Thanks,

hi there

already answered a few post ago - look here

Just the server VGmohag, your clients are playing on the server.

Also I've done an overlay before also but I had explored very little of the map already and I did have some weird road connections. Please understand that this pack does cause some other strange anomalies, like rocket ships spawning on top of houses, or houses cut in half by a road, or ground erupting into volcanic like ground. It's still WAY funner than vanilla to explore though. Go for it.

Edited by Tahoenvy (see edit history)

@Tahoenvy:

Thx for the screenshots. Good to hear that the console-errors are gone now.

The 3 Pics u linked here are Spawning-together-errors.

This is cause of the game doesn't know:

* where the street are

* How big the prefabs are he want to set (even the vanilla ones !!!)

* Where he already has placed down a prefab

As i said: The world-spawning-engine is still very very alpha !!!

Perhaps i can fix the kind of Issue that the Rocket-base has made.

Perhaps TFP will fix the worldspawner in any of the next alphas ...

Mag out

Yea I understand the RWGmixer is having issues but what was weird to me was that in one huge empty biome, two Prefabs spawned in the same place, it seems like that would be fairly easy to avoid. Also when I deleted the rocket ship and then deleted that region to clear it out, a house spawned on top of that house in that same spot...You can see it here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=458620648

I would like to say that I loaded the Combo pack on my public server with the vanilla RWGmixer and got a much better effect. I still got lots of the new prefabs but much less of the errors. So it may be wise for people running public servers to follow that lead, imho.

Edited by Tahoenvy (see edit history)

Yea I understand the RWGmixer is having issues but what was weird to me was that in one huge empty biome, two Prefabs spawned in the same place, it seems like that would be fairly easy to avoid. Also when I deleted the rocket ship and then deleted that region to clear it out, a house spawned on top of that house in that same spot...You can see it here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=458620648

I would like to say that I loaded the Combo pack on my public server with the vanilla RWGmixer and got a much better effect. I still got lots of the new prefabs but much less of the errors. So it may be wise for people running public servers to follow that lead, imho.

yes - this could be true.

If there is just 1 wilderness-poi per Biome (vanilla) - it is clear that there is no spawning-together.

I will lunch a few testseeds on my dedi at the weekend. And use the vanilla-rwgmixer instead the modded.

But IMO i had together-spawning a few month ago - in a pure vanilla-game !!! But as i said: I will give it a shot.

I will write a feedback as far as i finished the tests on it.

To make some things clear:

The rwgmixer.xml is not the worldgenerator-engine. Its not even a part of it.

The rwgmixer.xml is just the data-keeper and set the values for the worldgenerator.

But the Worldgenerator couldn't handle probably the values he gets from the rwgmixwer.

The rwg-worldgenerator-engine creates the world by 3 things:

1. the entries from the rwgmixer.xml

2. the seedname (gamename)

3. randomness

Mag out

I love the variety this provides, and some of the buildings are really great. There's only a couple things that bother me. First, a couple of the buildings are TOO good for how common they are - the "MAC 10" gun shop for example, complete with a bolt-hole fortress that's as good as something you would build far into the endgame. I think those should be a lot more rare.

The other problem is loot. I appreciate and really admire that you've given some buildings not only a lived-in, but hidden-in look (the bright orange supermarket for example, with the secret stairway to the roof). However, in packing up the rooms with drawers and boxes, it doesn't take a lot of building searches to get you a set of top-notch gear.

This may be a suggestion for the fun pimps - make it possible to use containers in prefabs, but have a flag you can set on them that they don't spawn loot, and are just for storage. That would let you do great set dressing like these prefabs, without unbalancing the difficulty of the game. One town of these buildings, and you don't really need to go anywhere else to survive.

I found a house that was set a block higher than it should have been, making it float. I didn't think to grab a screenshot. If I see it generate again, I'll be sure to so you can fix it.

I love the variety this provides, and some of the buildings are really great. There's only a couple things that bother me. First, a couple of the buildings are TOO good for how common they are - the "MAC 10" gun shop for example, complete with a bolt-hole fortress that's as good as something you would build far into the endgame. I think those should be a lot more rare.

The other problem is loot. I appreciate and really admire that you've given some buildings not only a lived-in, but hidden-in look (the bright orange supermarket for example, with the secret stairway to the roof). However, in packing up the rooms with drawers and boxes, it doesn't take a lot of building searches to get you a set of top-notch gear.

This may be a suggestion for the fun pimps - make it possible to use containers in prefabs, but have a flag you can set on them that they don't spawn loot, and are just for storage. That would let you do great set dressing like these prefabs, without unbalancing the difficulty of the game. One town of these buildings, and you don't really need to go anywhere else to survive.

yes - ur right in all 3 points !

There is to much loot - i didn' t had the time to check all the 90 prefabs for that. But i will.

The best thing would be - when TFP add a value for that (1 (=bad chance of loot) - 6 (=very good chance)

This value has to be setable by the user. This has nothing to do with the players level - that is another story !!!

The spawningmix is not bad now - but it will get better and more subtile from release to release.

These days i work on the collapsing-prob. I think i has fixed it.

The problem was the air directly under the prefabs. So i made a 5layers-basement made of stone for each wilderness-prefab.

Also i have made 3 brandnew prefabs - and now iam about to repair Guppycur's 3 townprefabs.

Mag out

I found a house that was set a block higher than it should have been, making it float. I didn't think to grab a screenshot. If I see it generate again, I'll be sure to so you can fix it.

Could it be this house ???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8947[/ATTACH]

This one is the only one i found floating 1 block above the ground :(

Will be fixed in the next release.

IMO - NO

because the world will be constucted - when the very first player join the map !

U can try to clear the regions except the one u got ur base in.

Another method is to export a selected area - for this u will need Hal9000's Prefab-editor (but its not uptodate in these days - it will not work online now - i hope for an update too).

I had the problem to save my players bases before A11 has lunched too.

Here is a method that works 100% - when u know how to work with the editor !!!

Mag out

Thanks mate i´ll look into that.

Could it be this house ???

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8947[/ATTACH]

This one is the only one i found floating 1 block above the ground :(

Will be fixed in the next release.

I can't be positive as I remember it having stairs and this looks like the back side, but it looks like it might be.

I tried installing this, I liked it, but I found a weird mcdonalds looking building that had really messed up distorted ground around it, spiking up in a bike line up the drive through and around the edges... I didn't think to grab a screen cap or anything, sorry. I've since deleted this, but plan on trying it again later. ^_^

Here's one I did get a screenshot of. Is this supposed to be like this?

DDA6B27CD7F5E3153B8C0D718E5441C7CFD05724

thx for the feedback

Ups - Its another building - but the same category - its one of the vanilla-trailer-houses

I added 5 kinds of them to the Pack.

It seems that all 5 Trailerhouses have floating-Issues because i made a mistake with the y-offset-value - :sorry:

I will fix that as soon as possible - and will release a new update soon !!!

The underground-building to the right (in the pic) is 1 of 3 Bunkers.

It is also not planed - that the roof is fallen in - this happens sometimes to the Bunkers - I don't know why !!!

But IMO this little Collapsing-Issue looks natural and cool !!!

@Chaosucks:

I work on the problem u discibed !!!

IMO it is the air below the prefab that causes this Issue (when the prefab spawns on a hilly area)

In this case the prefab looks scambled up or it will collapse when u step in !!!

Every Wilderness-Prefab will get a underground-basement - consisting of 5 layers of stone !!!

I hope by doing this the Collapsing-Issue will be fixed then !!!

I wish TFP will work on a more subtile worldgenerator-engine soon !!!

Because the Spawning-together-Issue still exists (and I can't do nothing against it !!!)

Mag out

thx for the feedback

Ups - Its another building - but the same category - its one of the vanilla-trailer-houses

I added 5 kinds of them to the Pack.

It seems that all 5 Trailerhouses have floating-Issues because i made a mistake with the y-offset-value - :sorry:

I will fix that as soon as possible - and will release a new update soon !!!

The underground-building to the right (in the pic) is 1 of 3 Bunkers.

It is also not planed - that the roof is fallen in - this happens sometimes to the Bunkers - I don't know why !!!

But IMO this little Collapsing-Issue looks natural and cool !!!

@Chaosucks:

I work on the problem u discibed !!!

IMO it is the air below the prefab that causes this Issue (when the prefab spawns on a hilly area)

In this case the prefab looks scambled up or it will collapse when u step in !!!

Every Wilderness-Prefab will get a underground-basement - consisting of 5 layers of stone !!!

I hope by doing this the Collapsing-Issue will be fixed then !!!

I wish TFP will work on a more subtile worldgenerator-engine soon !!!

Because the Spawning-together-Issue still exists (and I can't do nothing against it !!!)

Mag out

I just wanted to stop in and say Great work!. I have really enjoyed the extra adventuring i get out of the pack and the bunkers to hide in. With 11.6.2 , i am not getting but a couple mash-ups here and there, overall it works great still.

I did have a random question. I was really looking for the TWD prison and it has been a royal pain in my butt to find. Do you know of a way to make it spawn more frequently or maybe consolidate where it spawns? I am new to modding and have been trying to find a way to make it pop more regulary . Thanks!

It seems like the current version has quite a few floating building problems still in it. I love the mod and really want to use it but that kinda ruins the immersion for me. Can you tell me when your planning on releasing the next update because from your posts it sounds like your getting quite a few fixed up. The trailers for example in the above post.

I just wanted to stop in and say Great work!. I have really enjoyed the extra adventuring i get out of the pack and the bunkers to hide in. With 11.6.2 , i am not getting but a couple mash-ups here and there, overall it works great still.

I did have a random question. I was really looking for the TWD prison and it has been a royal pain in my butt to find. Do you know of a way to make it spawn more frequently or maybe consolidate where it spawns? I am new to modding and have been trying to find a way to make it pop more regulary . Thanks!

Yeah - sry for the prison - but it is actual a map-destroyer !!!

I rather would have all removed big ones in - but then the nasty Console-errors will appear again !!!

I hope TFP will fix/increases the limit of prefabs-sizes and make the worldgenerator more intelligent !!!

There is a way to insert any prefab you like directly to the map where u want.

It is a simple Console-Command (Insert blabla). But not in these days yet :( !!!

Because you need the Prefab-editor for that - and it is not updated to 11.6 yet !!!

The editor will only work when u rolldown ur game and on server to 11.4 !!!

This is the only way I know to let a prefab spawn where you want (in RWG) !!!

btw:

I finished the repairings to 80% :)

I think this week will come a new Compo-Pack version.

There will be 12 NEW Prefabs added in the next version too !!!

(some brandnew ones, some reincarnated ones, some forgotton-and-found ones and some repaired ones ;) )

Mag out

Thanks for the info Mag. So this week you will have a new version pushed out with most of the floating buildings and problems fixed? If so I will just wait for your improved version. Thanks for all your hardwork bro.

Hi Magoli, just posting here to let you know I'm excited about this prefab pack and will be refreshing this page like crazy when A12 gets released. Joel just posted this on the dev blog: "Random Gen 3.0 is here! This is one of the big surprises for Alpha 12 we have been waiting to show.". Hopefully this won't make things much harder for you to adapt it for A12.

Hi Magoli, just posting here to let you know I'm excited about this prefab pack and will be refreshing this page like crazy when A12 gets released. Joel just posted this on the dev blog: "Random Gen 3.0 is here! This is one of the big surprises for Alpha 12 we have been waiting to show.". Hopefully this won't make things much harder for you to adapt it for A12.

yeah - cool - thx for the info about Random Gen 3.0

Perhaps it contains a new Worldgenerator-algo. A more subtile and intellegent one as this one we got now !!!

But i believe this has nothing to do with my work.

What iam afraid for is when Blocks are changing !!!

Iam straight work on the version 5 since 4 days.

There will be about 15 new prefabs added.

Prefab-Issues from earlier versions will be fixed. Also the Collapsing-Issue ;)

And the look of the City/towns will be increased by about 20%

The spawningmix will be more subtile.

Mag out

hey guys

the mainwork on version5 is done !!! :)

I think i fixed the Collapsing-Issue in all Costum-Prefabs now.

Also there will be about 23 new prefabs added to the Pack.

And the Maincity looks like a real City now !!! :)

Iam in testingphase on my dedi now !!!

When everything runs fine - i release the new Pack tommorow !!!

Stay tuned

Mag