Magoli

Compo-Pack for Random Gen

If you want smaller prefabs look into my converted Burbs Pack, another user was looking at them but i dont know if they progressed etc. food for thought tho.

thx for the info thugsta - i will check it out soon (when my to-do-list is worked through)

Mag out

@ Magoli

Thx for your great work, and thx to all the people who helps to make the Qualitie of the Package better.

Sorry for the bad english ;)

mfg Red

Fantastic compilation. Big thanks to the prefab authors and to you Magoli for your continued efforts.

Tried out the pack by starting a new map with two friends last night. Highest difficulty so we had to be on our toes. We spawned in forest, and the first structure we came across was perfect for holing up in for night 1, not to mention the great aesthetics. After digging arround it turned out to be Limodor's H0bbit: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?10311-PREFAB-H0bbit-v-0-1

In the process of setting up the server I did a diff of the rwgmixer.xml you supplied versus vanilla. I have questions about some of your settings if you don't mind explaining.

• What exactly does BiomeMaxCenterOffset do and why was it necessary to reduce from 0.8->0.6?
  • Was RoadTrimDistance doubled in order to make room for roadside prefabs?
  • Did you vary RoadRadius per biome just for aeshetic reasons or was it also necessary for prefabs to fit?
  • Similarly, why the adjustments to RiverRadius / RiverCurveOffsetDistance? Aesthetic or not?
  • Why reduce MaxCityBlockSize? Is it because of a lack of variety in the larger towns/cities?

I'm just trying to nail down a good understanding of generation so that I can make tweaks if I want without compromising your prefab pack requirements. I'm definitely liking the adjustments to PoI and the gravel roads.

Thanks again, looking forward to the next iteration of the pack!

@octagami

thx for the post. Fine u like the Pack. But i didn't released a modded RWGMIXER.XML !!!

I got so much work with the Pack itself - i didn't had the time to make rwgmixer.xml - testings also !!!

All i know is: Modding the rwgmixer is a very tricky part. It don't make what it should - but something different !!! crazy !!!!

This is why i let my fingers from the rwgmixer.xml

LT. has opened a thread - where they talk about the rwgmixer.xml only. Perhaps u ask there ?!

sry but i can't answere a single question. Cause i don't know it myself.

I will release a PACK UPDATE today !!!!

(perhaps with a slightly modded rwgmixer.xml - just for better wilderness-spawning - no other values will be changed)

Mag out

Kudos for your work on this so far!

I haven't used it yet but I really want to, just a couple of quick questions though.

1. Once installed will this make my old worlds buggy/unplayable?

2. Will this effect my playing on multiplayer also, i.e. will it bug out my experience on vanilla servers I join?/play on

Kudos for your work on this so far!

I haven't used it yet but I really want to, just a couple of quick questions though.

1. Once installed will this make my old worlds buggy/unplayable?

2. Will this effect my playing on multiplayer also, i.e. will it bug out my experience on vanilla servers I join?/play on

You should start a new world. This will change nothing in multiplayer.

I did not start a new world and everything is fine but what I did was to figure out where our bases are and keep those four regions and delete the rest. A few edges are not perfect but everything else is and you do not have to start over if you are a huge base builder like a few of us :)

Now if you elect to use a new random generator that some are working on here sort of in conjunction with this... well that can mess things up. When I tried it I had HUGE walls around the zones I kept due to the kept zones being generated with the old randomizer and the new zones using the new randomizer. The edges do not match at all.

thx for the post. Fine u like the Pack. But i didn't released a modded RWGMIXER.XML !!!

I got so much work with the Pack itself - i didn't had the time to make rwgmixer.xml - testings also !!!

All i know is: Modding the rwgmixer is a very tricky part. It don't make what it should - but something different !!! crazy !!!!

This is why i let my fingers from the rwgmixer.xml

LT. has opened a thread - where they talk about the rwgmixer.xml only. Perhaps u ask there ?!

Oops. My mistake. I grabbed LT's rwgmixer.xml from his post above at the same time I grabbed your pack.

I'll ask in the other thread, thanks!

UPDATE - TIME:

New version is now: Prefabs-Compo-Pack v3 (versionID: PCP150524)

This is hotfix#2 to fix some more esthetical and cosmetical things on some Prefabs.

And also the Spawning is better now :) !!!

Because from this version on u will get a modded- and PACKcompatible rwgmixer.xml to the COMPO-PACK too.

To get it click the DL-Link on the first Post !!!

I found some more things that have to be changed.

Most of the changes belongs to the sizes, grounds and ground-decorations of the prefabs.

Other Prefabs just had to be rotated to face the street. And i have overdone the complete rural- and wilderness-spawning !!!

There are -4 removes - But +9 new Prefabs are in PACK now !!!

(some lost+found+repaired - and 2 brandnew ones: The KWIK-E-MART and the CRASHED-AIRPLANE !!!)

IMO this version is even much better as the previous version - IMO its about 30% nicer :)

(Not just the Cosmetical changes - but the spawningmix and the Spawning itself !!!)

Changelog:

CHANGES/FIXES:

* ZombieZoo: added terrainfiller + TopSoil=True / spawns now in rurals also

* magoli.myhouse: fixed spawning-issue (spawns no more in street)

* School_01: fixed hight - spawns now 1 deeper

* WulftownA: fixed dispositioned smoker on roof

* barn02: rotated with frontdoor to street

* mp_waste_bldg_ornate_01: rotated with frontdoor to street

* mp_waste_bldg_ornate_02: rotated with frontdoor to street

* mp_waste_bldg_ornate_03: rotated with frontdoor to street

* junkyard_med_01: added terrainfiller + TopSoil=True / spawns now in rurals also

* store_grocery_sm_01: shrinked down - is now 25X38

* Asylum: shrinked down - is now 50X49

* Cabin(sudo): added a few underlayers + terrainfiller + TopSoil=True

* DriveIn: added terrainfiller + TopSoil=True / spawns now in rurals also

* Funeral Parlor: added terrainfiller + TopSoil=True

* factory_lg_01: shrinked down - is now 54X66 / added terrainfiller + TopSoil=True / spawns now in rurals also

* factory_lg_02: shrinked down - is now 69X81 / added terrainfiller + TopSoil=True / spawns now in rurals also

* big rural-overdo. Almost all Prefabs checked for rural-spawning-ability (can't write everyone down !!!)

REMOVED:

* football_stadium: removed from the pack !!! too big-causes error !!!

* magoli_stayouthouse: removed from the pack !!! (for repair - will come again later)

* store_grocery_lg_01: removed from the pack !!! changed !!!

* RGPM_ShoppingCenterMall(by_Warsaken)v2: removed from the pack !!! too big-causes error !!!

NEW PREFABS:

* store_grocery_lg_mod_01 (=store_grocery_lg_01 - but shrinked down to 38X40 for town-spawning)

* store_grocerycity_lg_mod_01 (=store_grocery_lg_01 - but shrinked down to 40X45 for City-spawning)

* magoli_kwikemart_a11_v1 (a brandnew little shop for town-spawning)

* magoli_kwikemartcity_a11_v1 (a brandnew shop for City-spawning)

* Apartments(by_Batman) (a nice Apartmentbuilding - 3 floors - for City/town-spawning

* Apartment(by_Gertle) (a 6-floors Skycraper - for City-spawning)

* MayaPyramide(by_Curbolt) (aka ruins / its a Maya-temple with some hidden chambers - for desert-wilderness only)

* Supermarket(Sudo) (another big mall for wilderness- and rural-spawning for some Biomes)

* RGPM_CrashedAirplane(by_LazMan)v2 (a great Prefab for wilderness-spawning in some Biomes)

(almost all new prefabs has changed (size,grounds,topsoil,xml's,...) to their DL-versions for better spawning !!!)

NEW ADD: rwgmixer.xml:

For a better wilderness-spawning i have sligtly modified the rwgmixer.xml

Pls exchange the modded one with the one on your Gamefolder too !!!

With my rwgmixer i guarantee u a minimum of 2 prefabs per Biome. (Mostly 3 or 4 ;) )

It is working very well together with the PACK.

We work on a even better rwgmixer.xml - but IMO this is almost the maximum what is possible right now !!!

Anyway - as long i tested no better rwgmixer.xml-settings - THIS IS MY OFFICIAL VERSION OF IT !!!

PLS DON'T CHANGE OR MODIFY IT and post it to me when running wrong - Then i can't give support here.

Because then i don't know if its the Pack or the mixer what makes u problems !!!

btw:

FOLLOW THE INSTALL-INSTRUCTIONS !!! - AND PLS TRASH THE OLD V2 PACK !!!

Have fun with this

Mag out

@rocco: This Pack has modified almost all prefab-files (also the valilla .xml's)

so i STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO START A NEW WORLD when u got the pack installed (no matter which version)!!!

I believe to 99% the Issue is gone then ;)

Mag out

Well I have started a new game with another server, same problem. I found if I set disable the reflections and shadows then I got back my FPS when I move closer or doing anything in the new prefabs. Probably too much objects/candles/lights makes the FPS drops. I hope the new patch will fix...

PS: I have max graphics details always and usually have ~60 FPS in the standard game.

Edited by rocco (see edit history)

does this new pack have all the vanilla prefabs too? can i just delete all prefabs and replace with the ones in this pack?

Hey a quick question, is there not a known bug that haveing <property name="MaxCityBlockSizeInMeters" value="412,412" /> at 412 will lower the amount of towns spawned due to the fact that they cant fit ?

Im sure iv seen more post saying to lower it to 206 to prevent the problem.

does this new pack have all the vanilla prefabs too? can i just delete all prefabs and replace with the ones in this pack?

Dont delete any file from the prefabsfolder !!!!

Not all vanillafiles r in the pack. The ones i didnt modified r not included. Its the sign,tree,fence,street prefabs that u will need from ur installation. Just copy all files from the DLpack prefabsfolder

and paste them to your prefabsfolder on ur machine. Overwrite default files when windows asks u!!!

See the installinstructions txtfile to get more info.

@rocco: Are u sure it is the pack. Other players seems to have no problems with fps

It could be that to much objects decrease the fpsrate. I dont know it.

have u tried to reinstall game fresh and new.

have u other mods running also. Driver all ok???

Perhaps trimm down gfxsettings a bit.

i got a old geforce645 and have settings in middleposition. I have no fpsprobs at all.

Do u other guys have fps-probs with the pack too ???

Mag out

Okey, I write down all everything with more details.

I have a public server. No mods, just few modifications. Installed v2 pack. When we (me, friends and other players) discovered new areas and found new prefabs(probably a big one), then we moved closer and in, the FPS went down to 2-4 until we leaved the prefab far away.

As I said, I tested the package (v3 now) with another server. (My test server, got fresh reinstallation). No mods, no any modifications, only the prefab package. I connected and same issue happend.

You have to know I have Intel i7-4790k, 16GB DDR3 and AMD R9 290X. Yes, all drivers up-to date usually. The graphics quality set to maxumim. No problems at all, usually i have ~60 FPS, and if I go to the huge hostpital (new prefab) then fps goes down from 50-65-> 2-4. My friends have same issue.

Then I can also report another private server already installed this package, and they reported in their forum, they have fps drops too.

I'm sure, its not my PC (I wrote details), other players have same issue with huge prefabs. I'm sure it's not my server, other server has same issue.

First I was not sure why we got FPS, that's why I wrote my feedback and ask help. But now seems it is engine problem for me, and it can be solved, if we turn off the reflections and shadows, then it is possible to do anything in the new prefabs (big prefabs).

Edited by rocco (see edit history)

For those having issues with low FPS may I suggest you turn off/down one feature at a time (Shadows, Distance etc...) so it may help them isolate the issue. The game is still in Alpha and not 100% optimized thus some buildings may use things that require an excessive amount of calculations like shadows or reflections. In the open world these are not an issue but in close quarters, perhaps buildings with an excessive amount of windows (just a wild guess) might add an excessive amount of reflections.

I have an Nvidia 970 and have noticed no slowdown and the 290x is an excellent card (to Rocco) along with your specs. AMD issue?

Did you try to see if a local game causes the same slowdown to eliminate it being a server issue?

I don't had the time to test it on a server.

Just always made a local RWG-game in my working/testings.

I will install it on my rent server now - and give u feedback then.

Mag out

edit: a reinstall can do wonders !!!

edit again: didn't read ur last post rocco- sry

I will check this now - perhaps the damn big prefabs (they make nothing but trouble)

Edited by Magoli (see edit history)

He guys - there is something i want to say

I know this is Alpha - but i want u to know my stand and how i see the Prefab-part today !!!

Perhaps u guys feel like the same !!!

There are many bugs in game today - but i concentrate of the ones which belongs to Prefabbing and Prefab-spawning.

Things that i don't like (and can't do nothing):

* Houses spawning intogether (devs know it - but no info)

* Prefabs got Rotation-Issues. Some Blocks don't rotate probably to the new direction - when the whole prefab is rotated by the game-engine !!!

(IMO devs know about the cobblestone-stairs. But it belongs to much more blocks:

almost all stairs/wedges/ramps ,pole-blocks, paintings, chests , the lighting of the Lamps, ...)

* I said it so many times:

The Blocknames - the BlockID's - the Blockrotations are still a mess and need some care and love from the devs !

(i don't know if the devs know every little Issue about all blocks. But theres a many of all kinds (texture,function,name,rotating,...) )

(there will come a big rotation-standardizing-update in future. It was announced by the devs for a11 ! But it wasn't added as we know !

And i also didn't read something about that it will come in a12 ! Its a hidden secret when it will come !

But when the big block-repairing/rotation-part is done - there will be a lot of work for us to repair the "old" Prefabs (about90) )

* There are unfilled Places in the City/towns. Especially in plains! Why aren't there Prefabs too ??? (there are enough in my folder!)

* no towns in snow-biome !!! (IMO this is blocked by the devs - hardcoded !!!)

* wilderness-Prefabs sometimes spawn in streets (and together also) or spawning same twice as neighbors

* to big Prefabs have problems to spawn probably sometimes. (don't know if the game somewhere in future will handle this. Today it don't do it nice !!!)

* The fog is to nasty (i saw in previews it will be better in a12)

Things that i don't like (but i can/will change it):

* The Prefabs in the mainCity(0,0) are spawning in the middle of the cityhubs!

This is waste of space - when small prefabs (about 20X20) spawn there !!! And it looks shiddy !!!

I gotta combine the small ones to nice 45X45 City-spawn-Packages to fix this. This is a lot of work again !!!)

* to big Prefabs have problems to spawn probably sometimes. (till the game will handle big-wilderness-Prefabs - i think i gotta remove them !!!)

* There are some costum-prefabs that don't look good in wilderness-spawning. This could have following reasons:

- looking displaced because there is a piece of driveway in front of the Prefab. But no street-binding to it !!!

- looking displaced because it makes no sense to have that Prefab spawned here:

e.g. What makes a gasstation,mall,bank,Store,Car-cinema or school is in the middle of the wilderness without any streetbinding ?!?!?!

This doesn't make sense !!! And just because of that it looks displaced and shiddy.

- looking displaced because of conflicts with the Terrain (Street,Hills,Mountains,Holes,Seas,Rivers)

(like i said above: Here i can do nothing - but remove them !!!)

These bad-looking wilderness-spawners will be exchanged one by one for better looking/fitting Prefabs in future releases.

my do to list:

* test Pack v3 with dedi servers (especially if there is a fps-Issue with some Prefabs !!!)

* work on the Componist-tool (fix that ugly bug in the green-filterpart, add more functions, keep it uptodate)

* when the toolbug is fixed i be able to make the spawningmix of the Compo-Pack even better.

I think about 10-30% nicer spawning is able - just by finetuning the spawningmix. With the working Componist-tool i will see that mix !!!

* Add more lost Prefabs to the Compo-Pack (and also add all new coming ones)

* Make some "Love" in some Prefabs (a few detail-changes to the Prefabs more exciting)

* When the big Block-rotation-change will come: Do everything to get the Prefabs and the Pack repaired as soon as possilbe

Mag out

First

Mag you make a good job

and

On my Nvidia Card, huge hostpital FPS drop to 6-10 with all vid config at minimal

So it seems its only the new added hospital !!!

I will check it !!! (Couldn't do it - because my serverclient makes no steamupdate today !?!)

However:

Pls remove the entry in line 246:

<decoration type="model" name="RGPM_Hospital(by_Limodor)v2" />

from ur prefabs.xml !!!

And then start a new game pls - I hope the Issue is gone then !!!

I had a bad feeling with this oversized prefabs in RWG since beginning

Next release takes more care about this !!! (There will be a bunch of removals!)

Mag out

edit: I hope u guys really meant the hospital (and not the school or so !!!)

Mag, I think you misunderstood something. I have FPS drops with many big or huge buildings and not only with the Hospital.

Keep it up! And thanks for your care for 7DtD! :)

Mag, I think you misunderstood something. I have FPS drops with many big or huge buildings and not only with the Hospital.

Keep it up! And thanks for your care for 7DtD! :)

Known issue... Huge/big prefab smoke all ram... You can't deal with... Best thing to do is to remove oversized prefabs from the pack... Or rent a dedi with over 32Go Ram in it...

:eagerness:

Is this v11.4 compatible? There was a lot of text so maybe I missed it, sorry if I did.

Is this v11.4 compatible? There was a lot of text so maybe I missed it, sorry if I did.

Alot of text? All you have to do is check the dates and you'd know it's compatible with 11.4 /sigh