What do you want if they added an expansion?

SURVIVE

14 minutes ago, Maharin said:

It would be funny to see a trail of zombies going after the sliding dead chicken.

I don't know why, but you made me think about this...

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Rotor said:

Easy, in any expansion there has to be a Kuasimodo zombie.  Of course up for debate would what type.

It would be a zombie that will wait for other zombies to attack you, and then give 'em a thumbs down, like or knuckle-rub reaction while they hit you!  :lol:

On 4/13/2022 at 3:47 PM, Jost Amman said:

I don't understand what you mean.

I said planned, not promised, so it is indeed something madmole said a while ago; well, to be honest, most of the devs talked about the 2 main factions at some point of another : The White River faction (good-ish) and The Duke's faction, with his personal native-american elite soldiers (evil-ish ).

It is a well known fact™  that they will eventually do them, along with the storyline. And you are right in wishing it, but I believe your dreams are redundant considering there's a good chance of them happening regardless of the literal roadmap or not. DLC or Gold, but it will happen. I do wish them to charge some more money eventually.

The roadmap is an invention created for the sole purpose of giving Roland the tools to shut us up (lol). At this specific point in time, it is already arguably fulfilled (except VR, which might not be realistic). A trader is a npc and it controls a POI and gives quests.

That's why I must ask for moar of everything to avoid just shallow tastes of gameplay here and there. The game has exploration and building and survival and questing and rol playing, but it is just beginning to make sense little by little depth-wise.

As my hours grow I find myself wanting strange little things. There's so much they've done that's well handled, I feel like it's moot, but I'll throw some things in. Odds are they have mods for them. 

- Chicken farming for eggs/feathers

- Pick doors/hatches

- The ability to make more decorative items

- Different quest types (i.e. find 200x of said item, or "I need a pistol") something of value that could adjust based on tier. Tier one could be simple, 10x forged iron. 

- I don't know why, but I've always wanted to fish in this game. 

- MORE GUNS. Always happy with variety. 

On 4/12/2022 at 2:56 PM, SURVIVE said:

Since TFP is finally near the light at the end of the dead filled tunnel, what are your thoughts on expansions? what would you like to see added, removed or reworked?

Maharin made me think of cows for dairy products with his cheese plant idea. that would force them to expand the cooking menu.

1.  LOTS and lots more POIs.

2.  A storyline

3.  More vehicles, more customization

4.  More textures to paint with

5.  Special zombies

6.  More animals, every animal has a zombie version

7.  Probably not possible, but I would like randomized zombies

8.  Zombie Fat Elvis

I want to see this in (one way or another)...

1) I drop a Claim Block to declare an area a Camp.

2) 24 hours after placing the Claim Block a friendly NPC (Survivor) arrives. They will have a random skill (some might have liabilities). The skills will help the player passively (e.g. faster or more efficient crafting) or actively (e.g. auto-farming once crops are setup or a skilled fighter capable of defense). The survivors will stay within a certain radius of the Claim Block. They can be killed, and don't defend very well (with some uncommon exceptions) and zombies in the area will be attracted to your Camp.

3) Over time (and perhaps through quests) more Survivors will arrive at the Camp. Maximum number would be gated behind level and perhaps perks allowing additional Survivors.

4) Bloodmoon! Zombies don't have Radar when you have an active Camp. They will attack the camp instead....so....you could run away and abandon your NPCs, but you're the hero (and you've grown used to the bonuses they provide) so you stay and defend the Camp (hopefully a walled base by the time Bloodmoon arrives). Finally, a compelling reason to "do" the Bloodmoon.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc

6 hours ago, Morloc said:

2) 24 hours after placing the Claim Block a friendly NPC (Survivor) arrives. They will have a random skill (some might have liabilities). The skills will help the player passively (e.g. faster or more efficient crafting) or actively (e.g. auto-farming once crops are setup or a skilled fighter capable of defense). The survivors will stay within a certain radius of the Claim Block. They can be killed, and don't defend very well (with some uncommon exceptions) and zombies in the area will be attracted to your Camp.

3) Over time (and perhaps through quests) more Survivors will arrive at the Camp. Maximum number would be gated behind level and perhaps perks allowing additional Survivors.

4) Bloodmoon! Zombies don't have Radar when you have an active Camp. They will attack the camp instead....so....you could run away and abandon your NPCs, but you're the hero (and you've grown used to the bonuses they provide) so you stay and defend the Camp (hopefully a walled base by the time Bloodmoon arrives). Finally, a compelling reason to "do" the Bloodmoon.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc

Building and improving a camp for fellow npc survivors is a awesome idea.

6 hours ago, Morloc said:

-Arch Necromancer Morloc

This sound like metal gear survival too much - i learned that best thing connected with friendly NPC is when they are limited to be passive traders. It's just good enough for zombie games - less "friendly" npc - less annoing npc

8 hours ago, Rotor said:

I thought you advocated for crossovers?

<sigh> - implement similiar mechanic into game isn't crossover - in fatal frame and dreadout 1 you fight with ghost using camera.

So if TFP decided to add jaming weapons similiar to FC2 it woudn't be crossover.

It would be crossover if TFP added for example  witch from L4D2 or el gigante from re 4 

14 hours ago, Matt115 said:

<sigh> - implement similiar mechanic into game isn't crossover - in fatal frame and dreadout 1 you fight with ghost using camera.

So if TFP decided to add jaming weapons similiar to FC2 it woudn't be crossover.

It would be crossover if TFP added for example  witch from L4D2 or el gigante from re 4 

Oic, not going to get into a @%$#ing match but from a non perfectionist simplistic point of view, aka moi, it appears to be nit picking. 

I like the OPs idea, can I vote twice?

3 minutes ago, Rotor said:

I believe that was sarcasm on his part.  He wants tech support/development, probably.

Idk - i'm waiting for his anwers. For me it  works good enough- i play with my friends and since A18 7dtd multiplayer works good but idk how this works if number of players is bigger

Being able to save, load and exchange blueprints would be cool as part of an expansion.  So you could create a base, copy it to a blue print, and then allow people to import it to their local computer for use in their games.  See Factorio for a good example of how to do it.  :p

On 4/18/2022 at 10:07 PM, Roland said:

Gotta disagree. Nowhere in the roadmap does it mention that I can do this.

Sometimes it is better to ask forgiveness than permission.  Or to be a tyrant and ask for neither.  Your call.  :p

On 4/23/2022 at 1:20 PM, Matt115 said:

Idk - i'm waiting for his anwers. For me it  works good enough- i play with my friends and since A18 7dtd multiplayer works good but idk how this works if number of players is bigger

Yes, better multiplayer support for larger servers.  Optimization, balancing, etc.

25 minutes ago, RyanX said:

Obviously, since 8 player multiplayer is already supported.

it can mean a lot - like more stable connection.

There is no chance for that 8 player multiplayer because they would be forced to increase min. computer settings. Plus balance etc 

I want a sci-fi total conversion so the world and buildings have a grungy futuristic 90's aesthetic like Screamers or Escape from LA. Lots of green screen CRT monitors everywhere and stuff like that. Make the zombies more nondescript so you can't recognize them individually, make them look like the Borg, and make their eyes glow blue. Add sci-fi weapons and vehicles. That would be awesome

Archived