when u want to install win11, here a little help / in comparsion with win10

7daysOfFun

iv installed a new pc, and i was satisfied that it runs so good (ok i have a brand new system with 5950x / 32gb ram 3600 / 6900xt oc 16gb / 1tb m.2 7200max)

ok...lets try on old machines

installed with normal win11 image cd from microsoft, when u get the point "this computer is not for win11 > (open regedit and change 4 things, youtube>video) then go 1 step back, now next step > voila, win11 can be installed

......my mate was surprised,, he had ~30fps when we drive around in the wood, now ~40 (fx 8370 / 32gb ram 1333 / 5700xt 8gb / samsung standard ssd)

ok..try nr 2...his wife laptop with win10, now to win11 (supported computer), ok iv installed and WOW...more fps (a12 / 8gb ram, integrated amd 2gb grafix, standard ssd)

i had long time win7, and i hated win10 so much, win11 ist the perfect thing

YES, win7 and win10 key works perfect to activate win11 (on win10 computer sometimes it activates himself)

BUT ..when win7 u must choose the SAME version..when u have win7pro, u must usw win11pro..and so on

tip for more speed on win11

> cloud based virus scan OFF, u get feeled ~ +10% speed

in system > appearance and performance of windows > change to max.performance ONLY fonts rendering on, all other off

and go around lots of points "woud u send informations to windows blabla...all OFF

deinstall ms teams, xbox @%$#, ms office testversion, and all what u dont need

....> make a shutdown+restart button for the middle taskbar, so u dont must klick on win logo

how? make new shortcut..add this for RESTART>>> %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe /r /t 0

or this FOR SHUTDOWN >>> %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe /s /t 0

iv made a "this computer" button2

for border upside u must make a registry change

a SSD or m.2 is recommended..DONT TRY 7days on HDD...buy a cheap 128gb ssd at ebay for 20Euro (samsung or sandisk are nice)

i hope i coud help someone with my post..greets

Zwischenablage02.jpg

Installing a new OS would obviously bring more fps simply due to a clean slate with no junk running in the background and updated drivers. Has nothing at all to do with the OS itself. There are tech channels on Youtube that prove this each time a new OS gets released. Since Windows 7 is ancient and no longer supports newer hardware and old hardware has far outdated drivers, fps would obviously be terrible. Windows 10 isn't getting quite as much focus in driver performance anymore either, although, at least they're still getting some drivers which is nice I guess. So ya, Windows 11 (especially if you can optimize it as much as Microsoft will allow), will bring more performance than older OS's.

Also, Windows 11 is junk... worse than 10 which is worse than 7 which is worse than XP. :p 

The only thing worse than Windows 11 is Linux.

runs away 🏃‍♂️☷☷

5 hours ago, Fox said:

Installing a new OS would obviously bring more fps simply due to a clean slate with no junk running in the background and updated drivers. Has nothing at all to do with the OS itself. There are tech channels on Youtube that prove this each time a new OS gets released. Since Windows 7 is ancient and no longer supports newer hardware and old hardware has far outdated drivers, fps would obviously be terrible. Windows 10 isn't getting quite as much focus in driver performance anymore either, although, at least they're still getting some drivers which is nice I guess. So ya, Windows 11 (especially if you can optimize it as much as Microsoft will allow), will bring more performance than older OS's.

This is absolutely correct.

I built up two systems. One on Win 10, and one on Win 11. Set them with identical hardware and software configurations. Testing with and without bloatware as well. The difference in performance between the two systems was extremely negligile. Windows 11 seems to handle some of the drive I/O and RAM management a little bit better, but it's not enough to make any significant difference in overall game performance. Maybe in a few years with newer systems on DDR5 you will start seeing significant leaps. However as it sits right now, the only reason you would see a gain of more than 5% is due to running on a cleaner system with less bloat.

Early reports said that something in Windows 11 caused significant gaming performance drops with AMD cpu rigs.....does anyone know if this has been fixed? I admit to not have been following some of the latest Windows 11 news.

I have a win 10 laptop that refused to do more than 1 FPS (basically frozen too, and then would crash). I rebuilt/reinstalled windows from scratch and it now can sort of run a bit but with no crashes (like 10 FPS, don’t remember but I could move around and do stuff on lowest of the low settings, previously no moving possible (sometimes black screen and crash in a minute when it did ). 

it is not a gaming laptop, just something I put steam on and was curious. 

anyway, I’m wondering if reported improvements I’ve heard about are related to people doing fresh installs vs “upgrades”? Maybe they’re just cleaning out all the cruft?

23 hours ago, Star69 said:

Early reports said that something in Windows 11 caused significant gaming performance drops with AMD cpu rigs.....does anyone know if this has been fixed? I admit to not have been following some of the latest Windows 11 news.

Yes this was fixed within a couple of weeks of the public release, and it only affected certain CPU's.

On 4/13/2022 at 7:52 PM, KhaineGB said:

I upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 on my desktop. The desktop already had a pretty clean windows 10 installation as I only upgraded a few months ago.

There was basically no difference.

i show u the differences:

iv made last 2 weeks 8x win11 install, and before in the last 6 month ca 15 win10 install on different pcs > high end / standard / laptop / @%$#box machines

win10 install = ca 25min usb stick / + Updates 4 hours + several restarts (dsl line 16.000)

win11 install = FROM DVD !! 10min (i had no stick in the moment so i use d a 8,5gb disk) + 30min updates downloads , 1restart

startup with clean system

win10 ca 35sek

win11 ca 20sek

shut down

win10 15sek

win11 3sek

when computer runs

win10 makes thing in the background thats nobody nows, system gets several slower

win11 = does nothing in the background,

win10 update search/check at start EVERTIME ca 5min busy

win11 update search 2min in the background

win 11 performance web surfing ist feeled 300% faster then win10/win7

compatible mode for old programm runs 100% working perfect...on win11

on win10 its only 80%

i use winamp 2.5 (the original one from ooooold time WITHOUT video, and this version had the title scrolling in sharp letters,

in win10 its runs in the mode BUT every new netradio klicked = settings are reset (optical and windows positions)

on win11 its perfect like win7...it runs best (i hear netradio and rip it with streamripper) i hate commecials i olny listen without talking parrots in the line :)

i hope i coud help somebody with my post

1 hour ago, 7daysOfFun said:

i show u the differences:

iv made last 2 weeks 8x win11 install, and before in the last 6 month ca 15 win10 install on different pcs > high end / standard / laptop / @%$#box machines

win10 install = ca 25min usb stick / + Updates 4 hours + several restarts (dsl line 16.000)

win11 install = FROM DVD !! 10min (i had no stick in the moment so i use d a 8,5gb disk) + 30min updates downloads , 1restart

startup with clean system

win10 ca 35sek

win11 ca 20sek

shut down

win10 15sek

win11 3sek

when computer runs

win10 makes thing in the background thats nobody nows, system gets several slower

win11 = does nothing in the background,

win10 update search/check at start EVERTIME ca 5min busy

win11 update search 2min in the background

win 11 performance web surfing ist feeled 300% faster then win10/win7

compatible mode for old programm runs 100% working perfect...on win11

on win10 its only 80%

i use winamp 2.5 (the original one from ooooold time WITHOUT video, and this version had the title scrolling in sharp letters,

in win10 its runs in the mode BUT every new netradio klicked = settings are reset (optical and windows positions)

on win11 its perfect like win7...it runs best (i hear netradio and rip it with streamripper) i hate commecials i olny listen without talking parrots in the line :)

i hope i coud help somebody with my post

No, you won't show me the difference.

Because I told you there WAS no difference for me. At all.

It's that simple.

oh..when i read my things...i must say u are right "a little".... on the laptop and an older fx proz my 2 friends say its RUNs better then before..something must it be..what? i dont know, i only listed few tips

(iv tried to edit the title to "when u want to install win11, here a little help / in comparsion with win10")

but but but...my rgb lights make 10 fps garanteed? the chinese dealer said this...:)

• Crater Creator changed the title to when u want to install win11, here a little help / in comparsion with win10

Archived