vehicles are teleporting to new locations

Phoenyx1

I have experienced this three times so far in my game. first was a bicycle that completely disappeared [not even a map marker]. It reappeared after I had returned to the game the next day, INSIDE a building next to the one I had gone into . I had left the bike outside the POI I went into. the second time I left it beside a lake bank to go after a airdrop that had landed in the border water feature. While I was swimming back the compass icon disappeared, and when I looked around the icon showed the bike had moved to where the airdrop had been. the third time was while I was using the 4x4 and had stopped to salvaged a car, when the 4x4 teleported down the road. This one I actually saw happened while I was watching it. I had just turned back to get in the 4x4 and it popped down the road. please fix this.

I have had this and many many other things with every vehicle happen. it started with just happening to my friend in my game. he would park what ever he had at the time and when he came back to it it would be some where else. at first it was just annoying but now he can see it teleport and when he tries to find it with the marker it keeps moving till it finally goes underground where we have to close both our games and hope it comes back up so we can get it. its to the point now where he has to pick up what ever it is so it doesnt disappear on him. but even I'm not immune. my vehicles are now moving as well and it needs to get fixed or whats the point of having them for storage? as we have to chase them down every time we go to loot something.

Same here

I assumed it was reported as it seems to be on the list, as Items 348 and 353.

I am all for helping out and have reported a bug already (not an easy process).

This has been widely discussed.  If TFPs need reports from players to track this issue down at this point, they should directly ask.

2 hours ago, Boidster said:

A complete bug report in the proper forum would be helpful. This sort of thing was a problem a couple alphas ago; sucks if it's come back for A20.

Its back but thankfully not AS bad, before the vehicle would disappear into the void, at least now its usually nearby a few blocks underground. It happens in single player too so its not just a multiplayer issue. I only play single player and I have it happen 1-3 times each game (I play hardcore so I die I delete save). It might have something to do with the zombies falling thru the floor issue I been seeing, Half the time I kill a zombie with melee, he dies half buried in the ground up to its waist for some reason, Block is still there, it just glitches thru it. I've also had crawling zombies, including the new spider zombie literally glitch inside of concrete blocks, I could not hit them, but they were able to hit me.

Edited by Scyris (see edit history)

21 minutes ago, Lenny Lettuce Lips said:

Me and mine have both noted this to a minor degree. Everytime I've played an experimental version this tends to happen and I'm not sure why. 

I could be talking out of my ass, but I think it's because they update the unity engine which is why a lot of it breaks and needs to be written differently to some degree.

24 minutes ago, Darklegend222 said:

I could be talking out of my ass, but I think it's because they update the unity engine which is why a lot of it breaks and needs to be written differently to some degree.

Makes enough sense to me, but I don't know jack about programming. 

We got our bikes, went home, logged off then came back the following day and both bikes migrated about 20m each in odd directions. To me it has to do with the hows and whys of vehicle location caching and why that's being fudged. Back in A19xp I came back and my motorcycle was in the sky and I had to nerdpole up to it and pick it up. That used to be the problem was just a massive vertical climb and they'd rest. 

2 minutes ago, Lenny Lettuce Lips said:

Makes enough sense to me, but I don't know jack about programming. 

We got our bikes, went home, logged off then came back the following day and both bikes migrated about 20m each in odd directions. To me it has to do with the hows and whys of vehicle location caching and why that's being fudged. Back in A19xp I came back and my motorcycle was in the sky and I had to nerdpole up to it and pick it up. That used to be the problem was just a massive vertical climb and they'd rest. 

We had the same issues with 4x4s being in the sky, hopefully the issue will be resolved by the time it goes stable. The biggest issue is that this is an experimental build, in an already experimental game. I keep having saves break on me every in game day so I'm currently installing it to a different drive that I know works perfectly

5 minutes ago, Darklegend222 said:

We had the same issues with 4x4s being in the sky, hopefully the issue will be resolved by the time it goes stable. The biggest issue is that this is an experimental build, in an already experimental game. I keep having saves break on me every in game day so I'm currently installing it to a different drive that I know works perfectly

We have had minimal issues save a few bugs that can be fixed with a log off and back in. As far as expirimental builds go, this one has felt pretty decent and I know the loot tables are going to get a rework. After the second horde we played on max loot bonus which seemed to really just be a multiplier for things like books or schematics and some contingent loot. Even before that we were finding an insane amount of ammo which I know in my bones will get nerfed (sadly). With max loot on it's to the point we haven't even made ammo and we have more than we know what to do with. Three storage crates chock full and maxed. The adjustments are real. 

has happened to me several times since a20 dropped. with bicycle it just traveled about 100m. i found it about 4 rl hours later. with gyrocopter it seems worse- about 500m once, and just now again, but i cant find it this time. frustrating stuff for an endgame vehicle. on the other hand- my drone never vanishes, at my side or when left to stand guard. wish vehicles shared some programming w drones- so they remained where i leave them =/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We lost days worth of gameplay cause of this nonsense. It wasn't bad at first when the vehicles were just moving, til yesterday. We spent 2 days getting the materials together to finally make a helicopter. We made one, loaded it up with all our stuff for our new base (I'm talkin 300+ steel & iron bars, lvl 6 weapons, steel cubes, all the works), and we head over to the new base. We start grabbing stuff out of the vehicles and unloading it into the base. We go back, and the helicopter is literally destroying itself as it gets sucked under ground because the propellers never stop for some reason. 10 seconds later, the chopper is destroyed with all of our base materials we spent the entire week gathering. Absolute waste of our time. Finally got the bois to agree on a game, just for them to have lost all interest in less than 2 weeks cause of this. Even better, horde night is in 2 days, and we lost 60k in coins, and about half our ammo stash with the chopper. SOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN.

10 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

While I agree that's no fun, you can replace the items you've lost from the creative menu.

I can get that, but it feels really unnecessary to have to go into a cheat mode to get my items back cause a base feature of most games is bugging out. I can understand if the game was new, but from all the posts I've been reading, this has been ongoing since either 2014 or 2016 when the minibike was first added. Then I guess it stopped for a second in either A16 or A18, and has been back since. It might seem silly, but I don't like using cheats unless I'm playing in a straight up cheat mode. The only cheat I currently use for us is XP boost just cause I know how quick people switch games, so I wanted us to see closer to end game stuff sooner before they all hop to another game. Other than that, we've been trying to play fair. Plus, the bug gets worse the more we play, so I'll be creative calling my vehicles back (and I'm not even kidding at this point) every 5 minutes or less. I've been off a vehicle less than 30 seconds, and it ended up 6 blocks under the ground, or in a basement. The basement one was kinda funny tho cause I drove the motorcycle all the way out of the house lol