The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Yes, i have tried "Turning it off and on again" :)

Additionally, my wife's computer has the exact same issue.

Can you post your log files from a clean install, from start to finish? In the View menu, there's a Log Files menu option. It'll allow you to post to pastebin.com

Here ya go https://pastebin.com/1D80m3WF

A side note, the mod above it (the non bigger backpack version) syncs just fine.

Thank you. The mod above doesn't use github's api to sync, because it's smaller than the bigger back pack.

INFO 8 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Attempting to download: https://github.com/dwallorde/WaroftheWalkersMod---BBM---Github/archive/master.zip
INFO 8 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Clone Download Mode Detected. Using libgit2sharp...
INFO 8 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Previous sync exists. Refreshing...
INFO 8 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Warning: Download attempt failed. Will retry...

I see that after a freshly syncs folder. Does your Steam copy have a TempMods folder in it already? if so, I'd suggest deleting it, and re-making the folder (again).

Thank you. The mod above doesn't use github's api to sync, because it's smaller than the bigger back pack.

INFO 8 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Attempting to download: https://github.com/dwallorde/WaroftheWalkersMod---BBM---Github/archive/master.zip
INFO 8 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Clone Download Mode Detected. Using libgit2sharp...
INFO 8 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Previous sync exists. Refreshing...
INFO 8 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Warning: Download attempt failed. Will retry...

I see that after a freshly syncs folder. Does your Steam copy have a TempMods folder in it already? if so, I'd suggest deleting it, and re-making the folder (again).

That fixed it. removing the TempMods folder from the steam dir (or just the new mod) lets it sync.

The reason that my Steam folder has a TempMods folder is that i have patched the zombie textures into it so that it is in all the mods i clone from it...but that seems to be the conflict...maybe a area for improvement (either it ignoring the existing stuff or a flag to install that patch on every mod install)

Thanks for the help

That fixed it. removing the TempMods folder from the steam dir (or just the new mod) lets it sync.

The reason that my Steam folder has a TempMods folder is that i have patched the zombie textures into it so that it is in all the mods i clone from it...but that seems to be the conflict...maybe a area for improvement (either it ignoring the existing stuff or a flag to install that patch on every mod install)

Thanks for the help

No worries, I'm glad you got things working :)

War of the Walkers... and it would be hosted on a Debian Linux server. I understand that it is different than the mod installer. Are there plans for getting a server package put together? Running a shared server off of a persons' computer is just slow and laggy.

War of the Walkers... and it would be hosted on a Debian Linux server. I understand that it is different than the mod installer. Are there plans for getting a server package put together? Running a shared server off of a persons' computer is just slow and laggy.

Here's the theoretical steps you'd want to take. You can use this as guidance :)

To prepare a server upload:

1) Download the Bigger Back Pack client mod. ( Either from github directly, through the Mod Launcher's TempMods folder, or nexus site)

2) Delete the 7DaysToDie_Data folder

3) Download Stallionsden's biggerback pack mod, that matches your backpack size

4) Create a 7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/, and copy in the Server-side DLL from Step 3.

That should be it for your server-side upload.

The other changes in War of the Walkers DLL, SwayGate and crafting lag, do not need to be on the server to work.

Good day Sphereii

I have gotten that message about : Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Also

But I just it run .. reload the info and the launches with no issues:

It's just the first time run after uninstalling and deleting his mod .. War of the Walkers .. I'm also running the Bigger Backpack version ..

Just a thought .. could there an issue with his load site ??

The game runs fine once it has installed .. so far .. except for a couple of .. "null reference issues"

Good day Sphereii

I have gotten that message about : Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Also

But I just it run .. reload the info and the launches with no issues:

It's just the first time run after uninstalling and deleting his mod .. War of the Walkers .. I'm also running the Bigger Backpack version ..

Just a thought .. could there an issue with his load site ??

The game runs fine once it has installed .. so far .. except for a couple of .. "null reference issues"

I'm noticed that a few times, and I think github is making changes. I have another version that is nearly ready to push out.. hopefully it'll help a bit.

There's three ways to install the 7D2D Mod Launcher:

1) Download the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe: This small program will call Microsoft's OneClick installer of the 7D2D mod Launcher, update itself, if need be, and then launch the application. It can be added to Steam as a Non-Steam game, in order to activate the Steam Overlay

2) Download the OneClick Installer directly. This will install the program, and add a Desktop short cut to launch it with. You can add that shortcut to Steam as a Non-Steam game, however, it will not auto-update from Steam.

3) Download the Release.zip. You can extract and run as-is, without installing anything. However, it will not auto-update.

Once it's installed and running, click on File, then click on Load Defaults to preload our default settings.

For Advanced, it will ask you to select a new directory where all your mods will be installed and managed.

Si I did the first thing, but I deleted the shortcut it created in the desktop, and now if I execute the .exe file, it just launches the launcher. How can I uninstall this from my PC so I can reinstall it again? (or if I just want it removed, just in case). I've looked in "Program files" and I didn't find it anywhere. Where is the mod installed?

Si I did the first thing, but I deleted the shortcut it created in the desktop, and now if I execute the .exe file, it just launches the launcher. How can I uninstall this from my PC so I can reinstall it again? (or if I just want it removed, just in case). I've looked in "Program files" and I didn't find it anywhere. Where is the mod installed?

To Remove, you can go to Add and Remove Programs, and it should be listed under 7D2D Launcher.

Running the exe should be fine. You can move that to your desktop if you'd like.

Sphereii

Here's the theoretical steps you'd want to take. You can use this as guidance :)

To prepare a server upload:

1) Download the Bigger Back Pack client mod. ( Either from github directly, through the Mod Launcher's TempMods folder, or nexus site)

Downloaded to my local computer to C:/7dtd using the 7dtd mod launcher program

2) Delete the 7DaysToDie_Data folder

On the local machine? or my remote server?

3) Download Stallionsden's biggerback pack mod, that matches your backpack size

We decided to use the 72 slot backpack size. Downloaded appropriate file to local machine.

4) Create a 7DaysToDieServer_Data/Managed/, and copy in the Server-side DLL from Step 3.

I uploaded the two files to my remote server

That should be it for your server-side upload.

The other changes in War of the Walkers DLL, SwayGate and crafting lag, do not need to be on the server to work.

Just to clarify, I am running Windows 7 Pro on my local machine and Debian 8 on my OVH remote server. I already have a vanilla 7dtd server running on the Debian server and we wanted to set up a dedicated War of The Walkers server. I think I understand most of what you were saying, but i wanted a little clarification before I started messing with files and such.

Thank you,

Az

Update: After deleting the 7DaysToDie_Data folder on the local machine, the game became inoperable.

Restored folder and ran standalone game and tried to connect to server but received an error regarding tungsten ore not found.

Edited by Azrael907
made mistake (see edit history)

Sphereii

Update: After deleting the 7DaysToDie_Data folder on the local machine, the game became inoperable.

Restored folder and ran standalone game and tried to connect to server but received an error regarding tungsten ore not found.

Perhaps I should have been clearer. We don't want to delete the entire folder your game folder, rather, delete that folder in the mod download, which just has a few DLLs in it.

Perhaps I should have been clearer. We don't want to delete the entire folder your game folder, rather, delete that folder in the mod download, which just has a few DLLs in it.

7d2d-wotw.jpg.864db45f5389bde7e3678dc2dc7d6470.jpg

This is what my directory looks like for the WotW game folder. So I am not sure which you are referring to.

Update: Glanced through the folders but i do not see a folder with just a couple dlls in it.

There are 4 folders inside of that Data folder. Don't know which one you are referring to.

Edited by Azrael907
update (see edit history)

Okay, let's do it from the top:

Client:

1) Delete mod in Mod Launcher

2) Re-make it

Server:

1) Download this: https://github.com/dwallorde/WaroftheWalkersMod---BBM---Github/archive/master.zip

2) Download the Bigger Back Pack mod: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?34533-Backpack-Expansion

3) Extract First Link. Rename the 7DaysToDie_Data folder to 7DaysToDieServer_Data

4) Extract the Bigger Back Pack Mod. Copy the Dedi DLL to the 7DaysToDieServer_data/Managed/ folder, over-writing the Assembly-CSharp.dll

5) upload to server.

Edited by sphereii
Fixing (intentional, of course) typo (see edit history)