The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Sphereii

You are fast on the reply's ... Question ... I just loaded into Steam .. AND .. while I wasn't looking .. 7D2D updated to A16.4 ... do you know if this is going to hurt any of the Mods or will it be ...( Time will tell - play and see ) Just wondering

Always a pleasure and Thank you again .. from the Old Timer

Sphereii

You are fast on the reply's ... Question ... I just loaded into Steam .. AND .. while I wasn't looking .. 7D2D updated to A16.4 ... do you know if this is going to hurt any of the Mods or will it be ...( Time will tell - play and see ) Just wondering

Always a pleasure and Thank you again .. from the Old Timer

This is tricky, and the answer is: Maybe.

A16.4 updated one XML file, and it's not a critical fix. So any XML-only mods will be fine, as would the compo pack.

Mods that change the DLL, like Bigger Back Pack, or SDX mods, will probably be broken until the mod dev puts out a new release.

A16.4 updated one XML file, and it's not a critical fix. So any XML-only mods will be fine, as would the compo pack.

Mods that change the DLL, like Bigger Back Pack, or SDX mods, will probably be broken until the mod dev puts out a new release.

One last thing Sphereii

I just ran .. 3 games .. all good So Far ... The Saved games are still Launching at A 16.3 (b12) .. so No issues.

I think the problem will be if Someone try's to start a .. ( New Game ) .. and then they will have issues .... until the Mods are updated .... But AS long as they play a Old Save .. they should be OK

ALSO .. This IS .. for anyone else Reading the Post about the Update A 16.4

ONE More Time .... Enjoy the Weekend and Have Some Fun .. Gary

Yes if you use SDX to mod anything in 16.4 your ICShard.dll will be reverted to 16.3 and the game will be recognized as 16.3

I saw no option on the app to check for updates, and I didn't see any information on the site that would let me know whether I'm using the latest version or not. How do I do that?

Check the first post, I have the latest version at the top: 1.0.3.17

- - - Updated - - -

i don't think so

- - - Updated - - -

Is there anyway i could fix this ?

Yes, let's get it working for you. Can you go into the Mod Launcher, after failing to load Starvation, and click on the View menu, then Log files? There's two logs there, one for the launcher (7d2dlauncher.txt), and another one for the game (output_log.txt). It'll give you a pastebin.com link. If you share that with me, we can get it sorted out.

Here's a visual guide: https://imgur.com/a/QXEg5

Is there any way to set the program to copy on D: instead of C: ?

Yes, you can change the Destination Folder For Mods by clicking on any of the top level folders. Clicking on something like Xtrakicking, sphereii-mental, should show you a little blue folder to change from C:\7D2D to whatever you'd like.

Hi there Sphereii. I was wondering if you could give me a hand. I am trying to use your launcher to play starvation but it keeps getting stuck at no previous GIT detected recloning. Do I just wait it out? It's been about 10 minutes

Sorry for the trouble. Is it repeating that message? Starvation is a large mod, and can take anywhere from 10 to 60 minutes to download the first time.

Yeah it kept freezing there I just uninstalled the mod and the launcher and then reverted the copy of 7D2D back to 16.3 on Steam. After that I made a copy of the game and put it somewhere else. I then downloaded the launcher again and pointed it to the copy I made and crossed my fingers. After 5 minutes the game started. So yeah not sure what the issue was exactly but I got it going. Sorry for bothering you. Thank you for the quick reply

Yeah it kept freezing there I just uninstalled the mod and the launcher and then reverted the copy of 7D2D back to 16.3 on Steam. After that I made a copy of the game and put it somewhere else. I then downloaded the launcher again and pointed it to the copy I made and crossed my fingers. After 5 minutes the game started. So yeah not sure what the issue was exactly but I got it going. Sorry for bothering you. Thank you for the quick reply

No problem. Glad you got it working. Enjoy the mod :)

Hey there Sphereii i have an quick question about the additional command line paramaters passed to the game box, what is its exact use? i can make an guess about it but i would love to see an list (if available) of commands to be put in here and what their effects will be on the game.

(if there is an option to give more RAM to the game that would have absolute priority) :) thanks in advance

Hey there Sphereii i have an quick question about the additional command line paramaters passed to the game box, what is its exact use? i can make an guess about it but i would love to see an list (if available) of commands to be put in here and what their effects will be on the game.

(if there is an option to give more RAM to the game that would have absolute priority) :) thanks in advance

The Additional Commands is passed to the 7daystodie.exe. For example, if you had trouble with the base game, and had to manually add a command line parameter, like -force-d3d11, then you could place it there.

I don't know any performance enhancing flags right off. Seems to be kind of hit or miss for various people.

hope that helps.

The Additional Commands is passed to the 7daystodie.exe. For example, if you had trouble with the base game, and had to manually add a command line parameter, like -force-d3d11, then you could place it there.

I don't know any performance enhancing flags right off. Seems to be kind of hit or miss for various people.

hope that helps.

unfortunately it doesn't but thanks for the quick reply! if any performance enhancing lines would come to mind would you mind sharing those? i am sure i will not be alone with performance issues due to the game not taking the RAM it needs to run smoothly.

i am running starvation so you can imagine what thats like when u dont have the required RAM being used by the game

When I load the game the mod is not installed. Its just vanilla. I get errors when the world is loading as well.

Which mod are you having trouble with? Sounds like the download is being blocked by something.

Have you tried click on Disable SSL, restarting the Mod Launcher, and trying again?

Any anti-virus?

I'm having issues with the mod launcher.

I installed True Survival, it went through smoothly but I load 7D2D and I get an error. I spoke to the YouTuber that made a tutorial video for the mod launcher (Skippy0330) he told me that the True survival mod was in an older version Alpha 16 so I would have to install the mod to lower my alpha 16 version to match the True Survival mods version. Both mods installed smoothly and seemed like they would work but when I load 7D2D I get more errors. I initially bought 7D2D on steam to play True Survival mod, as I also own the game on Xbox and want to try something a little different. Am I doing something wrong or is this a common occurrence?

Thank you for your time and consideration.