The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Hello, So I downloaded the installer mod from watching a Skippy video but I dont have any mods showing up in the box on the left, isn't there supposed to be a heap pre installed ?

I selected load defaults as well but still nothing

sorry if a noob question or I haven't read something properly :)

Edited by kronik249 (see edit history)

Hello, So I downloaded the installer mod from watching a Skippy video but I dont have any mods showing up in the box on the left, isn't there supposed to be a heap pre installed ?

I selected load defaults as well but still nothing

sorry if a noob question or I haven't read something properly :)

Sorry for the trouble, and it's definitely not a noob question. Something is wrong :) let's see if we can figure it out.

Can you click on the View menu, and select Log Files. Then, click on the Upload Log File file to upload your Launcher log file. It'll give you a pastebin.com link to give to me.

Here's a series of pictures to help you.

Ok think this is what your after

https://pastebin.com/HFy5KjR3

Thank you, that was what I was looking for.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - XML File is loaded.
INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Clearing History
INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Udating Remote Server list
INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading War of the Walkers
INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading XML File: War of the Walkers

<snip>
INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - System.Net.WebException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\ZXQ6NY87.NMG\DEKK846M.8R9\7d2d..tion_7648fef8e97e2d05_0001.0000_b0f72dbe63644156\War of the Walkers'. ---> System.Net.WebException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\ZXQ6NY87.NMG\DEKK846M.8R9\7d2d..tion_7648fef8e97e2d05_0001.0000_b0f72dbe63644156\War of the Walkers'. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\ZXQ6NY87.NMG\DEKK846M.8R9\7d2d..tion_7648fef8e97e2d05_0001.0000_b0f72dbe63644156\War of the Walkers'.
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

So that's the root of the issue. It's trying to load a bad config. I noticed you tried to do a Clear History. Could you try another Clear History, then restart the Mod Launcher to see if that fixes it?

Ok tried that did all 3 clear history and restarted didnt seem to work

https://pastebin.com/ChpwJknF

I seem to have steam files on my C drive and also D drive for some reason not all in the one spot does this matter ?

It does look like it was effective though. I see a new error now, with the old one gone:

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting Sync Folder to:

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - GroupName or Server Name does not exist yet.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting up Default View

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Error reading from Default List: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(Uri address)

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.loadExamplesToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

This is the URL that it's trying to reach. Can you try to open it up in your web browser?

It opens up in my browser when I click your link

get all the different mods and packs showing in text

Sorry for these long delays. We seem to keep missing each other :)

Do you need, or have a proxy set for your web browser? What kind of anti-virus or firewall software are you running?

Thats ok we are obviously on much different time zones

no dont have a proxy set, I do have malwarebytes and use avast as antivirus

and just the windows firewall

edit: so I just uninstalled and re downloaded the program, disabled antivirus and malwarebytes and reinstalled but still no luck

https://pastebin.com/WQqUF1RQ

Edited by kronik249 (see edit history)

Thats ok we are obviously on much different time zones

no dont have a proxy set, I do have malwarebytes and use avast as antivirus

and just the windows firewall

edit: so I just uninstalled and re downloaded the program, disabled antivirus and malwarebytes and reinstalled but still no luck

https://pastebin.com/WQqUF1RQ

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting up Default View
INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Error reading from Default List: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out
  at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.loadExamplesToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - 

Hmm, so yeah, definitely the launcher can't read its config files. Do you have decent internet? Maybe my timeout value is too sensitive.

Have recently gone to our newer NBN broadband and get up to 25mb/sec at best so should be reasonable

For now I have just done it the old fashioned way to get the mod going so I can start playing :)

Definitely reasonable. I'm working on a new version for release this week, and I'll try to squeeze in a solution, or at least, something with more debugging.

Thank you kindly for your patience in this :)

The Steam client is not running or no connection possible!

Hey all,

Latest Version is : 1.0.3.16

* user-agent now set for downloads

* Delete Mod button alignment ( Critical fix after over a year in the field )

* Additional Parameter option to add to the 7daystodie.exe launch

* New Mods added! ComSenMod and Better Balance! Welcome to both!

More Tutorials are available from some great YouTubers.

I have been playing on JaxTeller718's Forum Fanatics servers for the last few months. In order to play on this white-listed community, we had to install client-side mods in order to get the custom icons. However, the mods would soon get out of date, and we would have to remember to re-download the mods in order to get the latest icons.

So, with support from JaxTeller718 and the other Forum Fanatics, I wrote the 7D2D Mod Launcher, which allows your subscribed mods to be re-downloaded and updated every time you play.

With support from valmar and StompNZ, we fine-tuned the process to read from the 7Days2Mod GITHUB depot, to give you a nice starting place where you can play with different mods effortlessly, and always be up to date.

Want to play Magoli's prefabs? No problem!

How about adding in Valmar's Expansion mod with Magoli's prefabs? Megacity? Again, no problem!

True Survival? Supported!

A Clockwork Project? We got your back.

Want to use the new Stoneworld, along with herrophl's editor? Yeah, we got you covered too.

RyPO8uSl.png

2hSevWWl.png

QOfXyDTl.png

What does it do, exactly?

Very simply, the Launcher reads a remote configuration file that contains different download links to the various mods. When you want to play a mod, you select it from the list, and it will automatically download and install the mod for you, then launch the game. You can also make your own configuration, called My Mods, mixing and matching mods at your leisure.

If you are playing on a server, your server administrator can create a config for the Launcher to use, that contains all their download links that are required. Need the back pack mod? The Server Administrator can add it to their zip file, and everyone will get it.

Modes:

The 7D2D Mod Launcher has two modes: Simple and Advanced.

Simple: This mode will download and install mods into your Steam folder, and switch them out every time you play.

Advanced: This mode will make a copy of your game, or re-download a fresh copy from Steam, separating each mod from each other.

If you have the disk space, we recommend using Advanced mode. It's a nice isolation that gives you more flexibility, especially when the latest in Steam may not be compatible with your favorite mod.

How do I get started?

There's three ways to install the 7D2D Mod Launcher:

1) Download the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe: This small program will call Microsoft's OneClick installer of the 7D2D mod Launcher, update itself, if need be, and then launch the application. It can be added to Steam as a Non-Steam game, in order to activate the Steam Overlay

2) Download the OneClick Installer directly. This will install the program, and add a Desktop short cut to launch it with. You can add that shortcut to Steam as a Non-Steam game, however, it will not auto-update from Steam.

3) Download the Release.zip. You can extract and run as-is, without installing anything. However, it will not auto-update.

Once it's installed and running, click on File, then click on Load Defaults to preload our default settings.

For Advanced, it will ask you to select a new directory where all your mods will be installed and managed.

YouTube Videos

I created a few short YouTube videos on how to get started.

Extra Info

Each of the installation methods has been signed by my security certificate, which I acquired for this tool: SphereII Software.

Want to see a history of its development? Read up on the original forum thread on the Forum Fanatics website

The main website for the 7D2D Mod Launcher is: http://7d2dmodlauncher.org/

For Log Files, you can go to the View menu, and select Log Files. This will allow you to view the launcher's log files, as well as your 7 Days to Die game log. An Upload Log File will upload the log file to pastebin, allowing you to share.

You may notice that that the 7D2D Mod Launcher is also referenced as "7D2D Launcher". Development work pre-dates the Fun Pimp's own 7DLauncher name, and I wanted to remain distinct, thus the move to the more recent, 7D2D Mod Launcher.

Enjoy playing, and I hope to hear some feedback :)

-SphereII

having a persistent error rendering this launcher unusable. I launch 7 days to do WotW (launcher created its own folder), the game launches and gets as far as loading objects or so then delivers the error message in the title.

No idea where to begin. This has happened whether checked to launch with or without steam, has happened with steam running and not running. I've got the launcher in my steam lib as a non steam game. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, and rebooted the PC. Nothing works.

Had to manually mod as was trying to log on with my bro. Can't seem to find much on this error. The couple posts that had it are really short and OP never responds after initial post.

where do I go from here? What data do you need? Pic of error attached. *edit - would be attached but the forum tools are failing hard.

having a persistent error rendering this launcher unusable. I launch 7 days to do WotW (launcher created its own folder), the game launches and gets as far as loading objects or so then delivers the error message in the title.

No idea where to begin. This has happened whether checked to launch with or without steam, has happened with steam running and not running. I've got the launcher in my steam lib as a non steam game. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, and rebooted the PC. Nothing works.

Had to manually mod as was trying to log on with my bro. Can't seem to find much on this error. The couple posts that had it are really short and OP never responds after initial post.

where do I go from here? What data do you need? Pic of error attached. *edit - would be attached but the forum tools are failing hard.

Sorry for the trouble. Let's get you sorted out.

Would you mind selecting War of the Walkers in the Mod Launcher, and click on the View menu. From there, click on the Log Files.

Here, you'll find two log files: One of the game,and one for the Launcher. Would you mind selecting each one, and clicking Upload Log file, then providing me links?

Here is a visual guide: https://imgur.com/a/SXq6W

Update time!

Provided more robust support for github downloads, and added some options to work around some issues:

1) Steam Not Available - If you get this error, try to check Run Game As Admin, and see if that resolves it

2) Mod List not showing - Try to Disable SSL and see if that revolves it.

Good afternoon Sphereii

I'm having an issue with NEWEST Update .. I can not get any of the 4 game to load pass the ( Loading game data ) screen.

Games are: Craftworx - Valmod BBkpack - War of the Walkers and Ravenhearst SP Edition.

What happens ??? all were running fine the other day.

Help .. Please and Thank you

Good afternoon Sphereii

I'm having an issue with NEWEST Update .. I can not get any of the 4 game to load pass the ( Loading game data ) screen.

Games are: Craftworx - Valmod BBkpack - War of the Walkers and Ravenhearst SP Edition.

What happens ??? all were running fine the other day.

Help .. Please and Thank you

Hmm... sorry for the trouble. Black screen on all the mods? Is EAC enabled in the Mod Launcher?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23051[/ATTACH]Sphereii

The game goes into the 7D2D loading screen where you see version A16.3 (b12)/7daystodie icon and then the pop-up .. loading game data .. just will not go any farther .. just sits in that screen

Tried to load a different game and the same thing .. even went as far to uninstall one of the mod and then reinstall ... just will not go pass the Game main .. loading game data ........ but it's not the black screen.

If needed I think I could make a screenshot of the one I'm talking about and I waited 5 minutes for something to happen.

EAC is off .. tried checking admin and then SSL separately and nope

Something else I tried .. should the game open or run if I go into the game folder and use the 7d2dlauncher.exe .. if so / that doesn't work either.

Now one thing I haven't tried is just use is the ... 7daystodie.exe by itself, but I wouldn't think that should make a difference if the other doesn't work.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23051[/ATTACH]Sphereii

The game goes into the 7D2D loading screen where you see version A16.3 (b12)/7daystodie icon and then the pop-up .. loading game data .. just will not go any farther .. just sits in that screen

Tried to load a different game and the same thing .. even went as far to uninstall one of the mod and then reinstall ... just will not go pass the Game main .. loading game data ........ but it's not the black screen.

If needed I think I could make a screenshot of the one I'm talking about and I waited 5 minutes for something to happen.

EAC is off .. tried checking admin and then SSL separately and nope

Something else I tried .. should the game open or run if I go into the game folder and use the 7d2dlauncher.exe .. if so / that doesn't work either.

Now one thing I haven't tried is just use is the ... 7daystodie.exe by itself, but I wouldn't think that should make a difference if the other doesn't work.

The launcher calls 7daystodie.exe after it installs the mod. Can you provide me the log files from one of the games?

It's under the View menu, then Log Files. There should be two logs there, one for the 7d2dlauncher.txt and one for the game itself.

Sphereii

I sure wish I had an email for you .. This system is a real pain in the butt.

But anyway .. log from Launcher and a output.log from War of the Walkers

I tried to send Ravenhearst output.log .. but it was to big and this will not take a rar file

Hope this helps and Thank you

PS: OR .. did you want to use the upload log file link that is a http// pastebin.com link

which I just found after all this.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Sphereii

I sure wish I had an email for you .. This system is a real pain in the butt.

But anyway .. log from Launcher and a output.log from War of the Walkers

I tried to send Ravenhearst output.log .. but it was to big and this will not take a rar file

Hope this helps and Thank you

PS: OR .. did you want to use the upload log file link that is a http// pastebin.com link

which I just found after all this.

https://imgur.com/a/SXq6W

That's a quick and easy way of uploading the log files.