The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

I installed True Survival, it went through smoothly but I load 7D2D and I get an error. I spoke to the YouTuber that made a tutorial video for the mod launcher (Skippy0330) he told me that the True survival mod was in an older version Alpha 16 so I would have to install the mod to lower my alpha 16 version to match the True Survival mods version. Both mods installed smoothly and seemed like they would work but when I load 7D2D I get more errors. I initially bought 7D2D on steam to play True Survival mod, as I also own the game on Xbox and want to try something a little different. Am I doing something wrong or is this a common occurrence?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sorry for the trouble.

When you said you lowered your game version, you lowered it to Alpha 16.2? If you could start the game (and get the error), then click on the View Menu, then Log Files. This will let you upload your log file to pastebin.com. When you click on Upload Log File, it'll give you a pastebin.com link. You can copy and paste that link here for me to review.

Here's a visual guide: https://imgur.com/a/SXq6W

Cannot get mod to work through mod laucnher

I am trying to play Valmod Expansion with Bigger Backpack. I use Norton Antivirus but I installed just the SMX bigger backpack and that one worked. I don't know why Valmod won't work. No I haven't tried any of those things you suggested.

I am trying to play Valmod Expansion with Bigger Backpack. I use Norton Antivirus but I installed just the SMX bigger backpack and that one worked. I don't know why Valmod won't work. No I haven't tried any of those things you suggested.

what error are you getting?

Check the first post, I have the latest version at the top: 1.0.3.17

Well, don't take this wrong but I have a hard time finding stuff on the forum, and I don't want to keep a tab open with it or bookmark a particular post. I think the site, at least, should have the version in it.

Well, don't take this wrong but I have a hard time finding stuff on the forum, and I don't want to keep a tab open with it or bookmark a particular post. I think the site, at least, should have the version in it.

It should, yes. I take no offense :)

The Mod Launcher auto-updates itself, so in 99% of installed users, they are running the latest version :)

This is the error I get:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23160[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the screen shot. I just tried it, and it seems to work for me. So let's figure out why it won't work for you.

1) Try to start the game again, and reproduce the error.

2) Go back to the Mod Launcher, and click on the View menu, then Log files

3) Select the output_log.txt, and click on Upload Log File

4) Copy and paste the pastebin.com link it gives you to me, here.

it shows True Survival as an example, but select your Valmod Expansion instead.

Sorry for the trouble.

When you said you lowered your game version, you lowered it to Alpha 16.2? If you could start the game (and get the error), then click on the View Menu, then Log Files. This will let you upload your log file to pastebin.com. When you click on Upload Log File, it'll give you a pastebin.com link. You can copy and paste that link here for me to review.

This is what I'm getting so far... but if I check the Use EAC and EAC Enabled on server it loads to the 7D2D great background and changes my cursor but nothing else loads...

Here is the pastbin link: https://pastebin.com/PhwPYTkJ

1007052323_7D2DErrorEAC.jpg.4fa716e5ee4ad2dcc5401bb815effb12.jpg

Edited by ElegantKa0s (see edit history)

This is what I'm getting so far... but if I check the Use EAC and EAC Enabled on server it loads to the 7D2D great background and changes my cursor but nothing else loads...

Here is the pastbin link: https://pastebin.com/PhwPYTkJ

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23161[/ATTACH]

Looks like your files are corrupted. Try this:

1) Delete Mod for True Survival in the Mod Launcher

2) In Steam, right click on 7 Days to Die, and go to Properties

3) Click on the Local Files tab

4) Click on Browse Files

5) Delete all the files in the explorer window that pops up.

6) Back in steam, click on Verify Integrity of the files

7) Once done, go back into the Mod Launcher, and retry the mod.

3) Clickon I

I don't launch the game from the mod launcher because I always get to the main menu screen and get this message saying steam client is not running no connection possible. So I add the 7 days to die exe from the file where the mod was installed to my steam library as a non steam game. This works fine for the smx bigger backpack mod but won't work for valmod. Can I not install more then one mod? I use advanced mode so it copies the 7 days to die game file and installs the mod on the file copy. So I don't think I can do what your asking me to do. Sorry if I confused you.

I don't launch the game from the mod launcher because I always get to the main menu screen and get this message saying steam client is not running no connection possible. So I add the 7 days to die exe from the file where the mod was installed to my steam library as a non steam game. This works fine for the smx bigger backpack mod but won't work for valmod. Can I not install more then one mod? I use advanced mode so it copies the 7 days to die game file and installs the mod on the file copy. So I don't think I can do what your asking me to do. Sorry if I confused you.

Yes, you can install the more than one mod. Have you tried adding the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe to Steam as a non-steam game? Then start the mod launcher through steam?

Just downloaded and installed the Mod Launcher. I love it so far and the setup was extremely easy.

If I could give you one piece of advice, it would be to change the default directory from being directly below C:\. That is a bad place to put files and could eventually lead to issues with antivirus software deleting/quarantining files. AV software is a lot more picky when scanning files that don't go into the normal directory structure in Windows.

I know I can change it but I didn't notice until after I had installed several mods. It's not a huge deal but it really isn't the proper place to create directories.

Thanks for all the work I'm sure this took. It is a really nice program and looks great.

Gnomaana

Just downloaded and installed the Mod Launcher. I love it so far and the setup was extremely easy.

If I could give you one piece of advice, it would be to change the default directory from being directly below C:\. That is a bad place to put files and could eventually lead to issues with antivirus software deleting/quarantining files. AV software is a lot more picky when scanning files that don't go into the normal directory structure in Windows.

I know I can change it but I didn't notice until after I had installed several mods. It's not a huge deal but it really isn't the proper place to create directories.

Thanks for all the work I'm sure this took. It is a really nice program and looks great.

Gnomaana

The C:\7D2D was selected because everyone has a C:\. It does have it's issues, to be honest, but it's a consistent place. The Anti-virus seems to be targetting the actually installer, vs where it's installing at.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so I fixed the not being able to play the game through the mod launcher thing. I am still getting the errors and the game starts in vanilla as though the mod is not installed.

Can you click on the Disable SSL check box, restart the Mod Launcher, and try again?

If that doesn't work, check Direct Download, and try Play again.

The C:\7D2D was selected because everyone has a C:\. It does have it's issues, to be honest, but it's a consistent place. The Anti-virus seems to be targetting the actually installer, vs where it's installing at.

Yeah, after I posted it I tried to think of where I would've defaulted it to if I was writing it and decided that I would've probably chosen the steamapps directory which is a MUCH worse place to use as default so straight under C:\ is probably the safest choice by far. :)

Like I said, I really love the app so thanks again for all the hard work you've put into it.

Yeah, after I posted it I tried to think of where I would've defaulted it to if I was writing it and decided that I would've probably chosen the steamapps directory which is a MUCH worse place to use as default so straight under C:\ is probably the safest choice by far. :)

Like I said, I really love the app so thanks again for all the hard work you've put into it.

No problem. I'm glad you find it useful

Looks like your files are corrupted. Try this:

1) Delete Mod for True Survival in the Mod Launcher

2) In Steam, right click on 7 Days to Die, and go to Properties

3) Click on the Local Files tab

4) Click on Browse Files

5) Delete all the files in the explorer window that pops up.

6) Back in steam, click on Verify Integrity of the files

7) Once done, go back into the Mod Launcher, and retry the mod.

3) Clickon I

Click on I??

No idea why the "3) Clickon I" was there. Disregard that step :)

Lol I didn't even notice it was numerically out of order for that last step lol Ok, Anyways, I verified the integrity of the files, now it's all redownloading. So, I retry installing the mods after the files finish redownloading?

• Crater Creator changed the title to The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die