The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Was this in single player? True Survival isn't set up for single playing yet. You will need to connect to Spider's server to test the mod.

the logs were from a single player, i tried both. also in the Mod folder, the items.xml is unchanged, still Vanilla 7D2D..

the logs were from a single player, i tried both. also in the Mod folder, the items.xml is unchanged, still Vanilla 7D2D..

Correct. The True Survival download only contains files that don't push from the server. You'll need to connect to Spider's server for the mod to be fully enabled for you.

Spider is in testing mode, and requires players to only play on his server during this phase of development.

Sorry for the trouble. I did try, and it looks like there was a hiccup or two with github. I couldn't grab a download from it. I've changed the download mode, so we'll see if the issue persists.

I was able to sync up with other mods.

Let me know if the problem persists.

Sorry for the trouble. I did try, and it looks like there was a hiccup or two with github. I couldn't grab a download from it. I've changed the download mode, so we'll see if the issue persists.

I was able to sync up with other mods.

Let me know if the problem persists.

Github was having sporadic outages yesterday, could possibly be spilling over some today.

This is a great tool for clients ! But what I miss is an option to download files for the dedicated (linux) server and not for the clients. I even down know which of the mods provide server files and have to search in the forums or so. Did I miss anything?

Hello sphereii.

the fact that it runs on linux is not really the point. (my fault / my bad expression) As far as I know the arch type does´t matter an the files for dedicated server linux are the same as for dedicated server on windows (mono framework). so it should be done with ONE simple link for every mod leading to dedicated server files to download. small change but big use ;)

Edited by WhiteLion (see edit history)

Hey sphereii, I've been trying to download a fresh install to a new folder (download from steam) but it seems to fail syncing with steam the message box that says "Note:Steam will have to be restarted after syncing with Steam" pops up, I hit ok. Nothing happens. I've re-logged into steam, restarted steam. I have no anti-virus or anti-malware software installed. Firewall is disabled as in windows defender. I also run the launcher as administrator. Here's what the log says. I let it sit there for a while too, nothing happens. I don't want to reinstall 7 days to die because I heavily modified valmods overhaul myself for SP play (took a few days, adding new items and tweaking progression and recipes and spawns blah blah) as well as merged quite a few other mods. Basically I'm trying to get a fresh install to be able to play on servers without constantly switching in and out the assembly.dll and some of the xml's everytime. Other than this the program is great. Thanks in advance,

INFO 6 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deleting D:\Games\7D2D\The_Fun_Pimps\Alpha_16.2
INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Deleting D:\Games\7D2D\The_Fun_Pimps\Alpha_16.2
INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Deleting D:\Games\7D2D\The_Fun_Pimps\Alpha_16.2
INFO 10 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deleting D:\Games\7D2D\The_Fun_Pimps\Alpha_16.2
INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Syncing From Steam
INFO 10 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Preparing to download from Steam
INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Backgroud Task Failed
INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Syncing From Steam
INFO 8 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deleting D:\Games\7D2D\The_Fun_Pimps\Alpha_16.2
INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Deleting D:\Games\7D2D\The_Fun_Pimps\Alpha_16.2
INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Deleting D:\Games\7D2D\The_Fun_Pimps\Alpha_16.2
INFO 9 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deleting D:\Games\7D2D\The_Fun_Pimps\Alpha_16.2
INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Syncing From Steam
INFO 9 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Preparing to download from Steam
INFO 4 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deleting D:\Games\7D2D\The_Fun_Pimps\Alpha_16.2
INFO 4 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Preparing to download from Steam

Hey sphereii, I've been trying to download a fresh install to a new folder (download from steam) but it seems to fail syncing with steam the message box that says "Note:Steam will have to be restarted after syncing with Steam" pops up, I hit ok. Nothing happens. I've re-logged into steam, restarted steam. I have no anti-virus or anti-malware software installed. Firewall is disabled as in windows defender. I also run the launcher as administrator. Here's what the log says. I let it sit there for a while too, nothing happens. I don't want to reinstall 7 days to die because I heavily modified valmods overhaul myself for SP play (took a few days, adding new items and tweaking progression and recipes and spawns blah blah) as well as merged quite a few other mods. Basically I'm trying to get a fresh install to be able to play on servers without constantly switching in and out the assembly.dll and some of the xml's everytime. Other than this the program is great. Thanks in advance,

INFO 6 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deleting D:\Games\7D2D\The_Fun_Pimps\Alpha_16.2
INFO 10 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deleting D:\Games\7D2D\The_Fun_Pimps\Alpha_16.2
INFO 10 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Preparing to download from Steam
INFO 8 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deleting D:\Games\7D2D\The_Fun_Pimps\Alpha_16.2
INFO 9 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Preparing to download from Steam

Sorry for the trouble

There was a bug in the program. I fixed it. Would you mind re-starting the 7D2D Mod Launcher, and getting the update?

You'll need to enter your Steam username and password to download it. The bug was that those fields were read-only, preventing you from entering that

Morning sphereii

Question on the update: Vers: 1.0.3.13

1) When you click on .. View Log .. there are several mods listed in it that do not appear in the main launch window .. Should this be? OR are they just not ready for A16.2 yet

[ Just name a couple .. War of the Walkers .. Spiders - TS .. Project Z .. Gnamod .. there were a couple more but that gives you the idea ]

Also don't forget to update your main page here .. it still shows vers: 1.0.3.12

Thanks for the update and have a good one

Morning sphereii

Question on the update: Vers: 1.0.3.13

1) When you click on .. View Log .. there are several mods listed in it that do not appear in the main launch window .. Should this be? OR are they just not ready for A16.2 yet

[ Just name a couple .. War of the Walkers .. Spiders - TS .. Project Z .. Gnamod .. there were a couple more but that gives you the idea ]

Also don't forget to update your main page here .. it still shows vers: 1.0.3.12

Thanks for the update and have a good one

Thanks for the remind. I've updated the version number.

I think that list remembers things you have installed in the past, so likely at some point, you did play those mods. I should probably come up with a way to clear them out.

OK sphereii

Yes .. I did play them in the pass ..So it keeps track of the old stuff also, even if not being played anymore or not in the main launch window ..

Yes .. it would be nice if there was a way to clean that up .. it get alittle confusing for old timers.

Thank you and enjoy

Is there an option somewhere for borderless fullscreen, or what file controls it since its not the steam library install?

borderless windowed fullscreen ---

Hmm, not that I know of. First time someone's asked me this :)

The Mod Launcher just executes the 7daystodie.exe. I'm not sure if there's a setting in game to handle that, or if it's available at the command prompt. I would add an option for it, it's a command line switch.

Hmm, not that I know of. First time someone's asked me this :)

The Mod Launcher just executes the 7daystodie.exe. I'm not sure if there's a setting in game to handle that, or if it's available at the command prompt. I would add an option for it, it's a command line switch.

Yea, i just add -popupwindow under the launch options in steam, just wasn't sure if there was a work around that.

Afternoon Sphereii

Just wondering .. How will we know what's been updated to the new Alpha 16.3 ... just released today.

Without going into the game and check what just loaded. I know some Mods are not going to work right out of the window you could say.

And I know what's already been launched will still be the older of the updates .. I guess what I'm asking is how we will know when modders update the launcher links to the newer A16.3

Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to spit out here in a round about way.

Anyway, I'll check back later and hope you are doing well .. And enjoy the up coming weekend.

Afternoon Sphereii

Just wondering .. How will we know what's been updated to the new Alpha 16.3 ... just released today.

Without going into the game and check what just loaded. I know some Mods are not going to work right out of the window you could say.

And I know what's already been launched will still be the older of the updates .. I guess what I'm asking is how we will know when modders update the launcher links to the newer A16.3

Hopefully you understand what I'm trying to spit out here in a round about way.

Anyway, I'll check back later and hope you are doing well .. And enjoy the up coming weekend.

Hey man. I'd keep an eye on the modders threads for updates. Some will be ready in a few hours, since they have been keeping up with the experimental branch.

For a general rule, it's really hard for the mod launcher to figure out if a.mod is compatible or not. It's been on my mind for the last year and no answer yet how I can do it.

I just have to come here and give ya props sphereii. This launcher is a great tool that allows me (and I'm sure many others) to play around with different mods without having to make new copies of 7 Days (not that it's hard but still) and keep them all on track and updated. Glad you also added SurvivalUKs Better Balance mod. Thanks again boss.

I just have to come here and give ya props sphereii. This launcher is a great tool that allows me (and I'm sure many others) to play around with different mods without having to make new copies of 7 Days (not that it's hard but still) and keep them all on track and updated. Glad you also added SurvivalUKs Better Balance mod. Thanks again boss.

Thank you very much. I'm glad it's helped you and others. Have fun playing Better Balance. Looks like a nice play through!

not sure what im doing wrong.. heres the scenario. i installed war of the walkers mod with your launcher. hit play mod. everything worked and played for 2 hours. shut game and launcher down went to bed. later the next day started launcher, clicked on war of the walkers, hit play mod. it updated the files and then started downloading valmod. i have nothing checked or installed but the war of the walkers. starts game.. and its valmod suddenly. quit game, restart steam, restart launcher. click on war of the walkers hit play mod button. game starts then crashes before it gets to pimps intro screen. now game wont start at all through launcher. any ideas?

not sure what im doing wrong.. heres the scenario. i installed war of the walkers mod with your launcher. hit play mod. everything worked and played for 2 hours. shut game and launcher down went to bed. later the next day started launcher, clicked on war of the walkers, hit play mod. it updated the files and then started downloading valmod. i have nothing checked or installed but the war of the walkers. starts game.. and its valmod suddenly. quit game, restart steam, restart launcher. click on war of the walkers hit play mod button. game starts then crashes before it gets to pimps intro screen. now game wont start at all through launcher. any ideas?

Certainly is a weird situation. Sorry you are having trouble.

Are you using Advanced Mode or Simple mode? My suggestion is to delete your steam install of 7 days to die, and re-sync. Then, using the Mod Launcher, re-make the War of the Walkers. Your save game will be safe.

So my husband and I are trying to use this for Ravenhearst, but when we are ingame none of the icon/images of the things in our backpack show up. Any suggestions here, we have tried hardcoding the files directly into our games and server and tried using the launcher with and without EAC and have verified the integrity of our files with no luck.