The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Yeah, works well, one question. I am using TV as my monitor and the size of the launcher is HUGE! Is there a way to resize the box?

I'm sorry, I didn't see your messages yesterday.

You can re-adjust the size, I think, but probably not enough to make it a comfortable experience for you. what resolution does your tv run at?

Ok found a bug of sorts. when installing and deleting a mod the check boxes on the right a populated everytime the launcher is closed and and relaunched, however, if you select with boxes you want to check and then delete the mod and then reinstall the mod, the check boxes remember the new selections whenever you close and open the launcher. Hope this makes sense to you.

Ok found a bug of sorts. when installing and deleting a mod the check boxes on the right a populated everytime the launcher is closed and and relaunched, however, if you select with boxes you want to check and then delete the mod and then reinstall the mod, the check boxes remember the new selections whenever you close and open the launcher. Hope this makes sense to you.

This makes sense to me, since those settings are remembered globally, rather than for individual mods. Keeping track of individual settings for the mods would be a bit of a challenge, as mods get installed, removed, re-named, etc.

Or are you saying that there's a situation where you've selected the checkboxes, but it wasn't saved for next time?

Hey SPhereii,

First off, thanks for the fantastic tool you've built! Both my gf and I are enjoying it a lot. We're running SMX's UI with big bags and up until today everything's worked beautifully.

Today however, SMX's mod stopped working through the launcher. It had an update today, but Sirillion says it works fine on the manual install, and he also tried in your launcher and it worked for him there. Could it be that our Norton doesn't like the new dll file that was added? Here's my little bug report.

Prereqs:

Have SMX Big Bag mod installed in 7DTD launcher, as a clone install in its own folder

Steps to repeat:

1. Start up 7DTD launcher

2. Navigate to and click SMX Big Back Pack

3. Make sure EAC is (OFF)

4. Click button "Play Mod"

Results:

* The log ticks along as seen below, until the last line where it just stops. After that nothing happens. No black screens, or anything. It's as if the "Play Mod" button was never pushed.

Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Mods ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Config ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\7DaysToDie_Data ...... Done

Copying \TempMods\README.md to \README.md... Done.

Copying \TempMods\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll to \7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll... Done.

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe ... Done

Expected results:

* The log probably looks something like above.

* The game actually starts.

Edited by Gothyc (see edit history)

Mod Laucher Failing to start game after many days of use.

Hello and Thank You

Been using the 7DTD Mod launcher for a while and no issues. Fired it up today and it starts to load the game, get a blank screen then it blinks off. Verified files in steam, deleted and reloaded launcher and mod files(SDX & Big Backpack).

Below is the info from the log file:

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Background Process completed: Refreshing Mods for SMX Big Back Pack

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deploying Mods from C:\7D2D\UIs\SMX_Big_Back_Pack\TempMods\Mods to C:\7D2D\UIs\SMX_Big_Back_Pack

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying SMX

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying ItemIcons

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying Textures

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying Compass

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying Misc

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying QuestTracker

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying Toolbelt

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying UnitFrames

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deploying Mods from C:\7D2D\UIs\SMX_Big_Back_Pack\TempMods\Data\Config to C:\7D2D\UIs\SMX_Big_Back_Pack

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying XUi

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Deploying Mods from C:\7D2D\UIs\SMX_Big_Back_Pack\TempMods\7DaysToDie_Data to C:\7D2D\UIs\SMX_Big_Back_Pack

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying Managed

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying C:\7D2D\UIs\SMX_Big_Back_Pack\TempMods\README.md to C:\7D2D\UIs\SMX_Big_Back_Pack\README.md

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Copying C:\7D2D\UIs\SMX_Big_Back_Pack\TempMods\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll to C:\7D2D\UIs\SMX_Big_Back_Pack\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updating Registry with IP Address and port: None:None

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - launching: C:\7D2D\UIs\SMX_Big_Back_Pack\7DaysToDie.exe

Any Ideas? Worked fine last night, no changes since.

Hey SPhereii,

First off, thanks for the fantastic tool you've built! Both my gf and I are enjoying it a lot. We're running SMX's UI with big bags and up until today everything's worked beautifully.

Today however, SMX's mod stopped working through the launcher. It had an update today, but Sirillion says it works fine on the manual install, and he also tried in your launcher and it worked for him there. Could it be that our Norton doesn't like the new dll file that was added? Here's my little bug report.

Prereqs:

Have SMX Big Bag mod installed in 7DTD launcher, as a clone install in its own folder

Steps to repeat:

1. Start up 7DTD launcher

2. Navigate to and click SMX Big Back Pack

3. Make sure EAC is (OFF)

4. Click button "Play Mod"

Results:

* The log ticks along as seen below, until the last line where it just stops. After that nothing happens. No black screens, or anything. It's as if the "Play Mod" button was never pushed.

Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Mods ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\Data\Config ...... Done

Copying folder \TempMods\7DaysToDie_Data ...... Done

Copying \TempMods\README.md to \README.md... Done.

Copying \TempMods\7DaysToDieServer_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll to \7DaysToDie_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll... Done.

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe ... Done

Expected results:

* The log probably looks something like above.

* The game actually starts.

Sorry for the trouble.

In the Mod Launcher, can you click on the View menu, then go to Log Files? There's a little drop down there that contains the launcher's log file, plus the game's log file. If you click on Upload Log, it'll give you a pastebin account. If you copy and paste that to me, I'll take a look

Sorry guys, I found the issue.

The server copy of the Assembly-CSharp.dll was added to the github repo, but there was no filter on it for the Mod Launcher. The Mod Launcher was likely installing the server copy. The best thing to do now is Delete Mod (again), and re-install.

Just verified that it works correctly now.

This makes sense to me, since those settings are remembered globally, rather than for individual mods. Keeping track of individual settings for the mods would be a bit of a challenge, as mods get installed, removed, re-named, etc.

Or are you saying that there's a situation where you've selected the checkboxes, but it wasn't saved for next time?

yes I suppose thats more like it, the checkbox selections are not remembered if and when they are changed. To check or not to check that is ....nvm. Ok lets try this, if EAC box is not checked when any mod is installed, I have to check it everytime before clicking on Play Mod button. If EAC is checked and immediately uninstall a mod, it will stay checked when I reinstall a mod and everytime I load up the launcher. so...

if these really are global settings why not separate and move them to the top, elsewhere, out of individual mod rectangle window. just askin'

Edited by Death2gnomes (see edit history)

yes I suppose thats more like it, the checkbox selections are not remembered if and when they are changed. To check or not to check that is ....nvm. Ok lets try this, if EAC box is not checked when any mod is installed, I have to check it everytime before clicking on Play Mod button. If EAC is checked and immediately uninstall a mod, it will stay checked when I reinstall a mod and everytime I load up the launcher. so...

if these really are global settings why not separate and move them to the top, elsewhere, out of individual mod rectangle window. just askin'

The reason they aren't truly global, is because individual mods can actually over-rule your settings. For instance, in the Ravenhearst mod, it has a DLL download. So in its configuration, it disables EAC, without giving you the option to run with it or not.

Sorry guys, I found the issue.

The server copy of the Assembly-CSharp.dll was added to the github repo, but there was no filter on it for the Mod Launcher. The Mod Launcher was likely installing the server copy. The best thing to do now is Delete Mod (again), and re-install.

Just verified that it works correctly now.

Confirmed, the mod works for us too after reinstalling it in the mod launcher. Many thanks for your help, sir! :)

I'm sorry, I didn't see your messages yesterday.

You can re-adjust the size, I think, but probably not enough to make it a comfortable experience for you. what resolution does your tv run at?

1680x1050. No big deal, I can work around it. Thank you again for a great program and your help to me and all on this forum.

Well, I'm trying to run this launcher for the first time and install True Survival. I'm downloading a copy from steam and I keep getting an error box. I believe this is the important information from the log. What am I doing wrong? EDIT: Now it is doing something....not sure why it didn't work to begin with.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting Default Logo

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Searched for and found Address

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Searched for and found Port

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Searched for and found Version

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Search for and could not find: EAC

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Search for and could not find: WebSite

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Searched for and found ReleaseNotes

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Search for and could not find: Type

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Search for and could not find: Admin

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Search for and could not find: AdminContact

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Search for and could not find: Banner

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Search for and could not find: Counter

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Searched for and found DownloadMode

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Search for and could not find: RSS

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Searched for and found Description

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Download links: https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival-A16-SP-MP

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updated TreeView Mods

Edited by Exxodous (see edit history)

Well, I'm trying to run this launcher for the first time and install True Survival. I'm downloading a copy from steam and I keep getting an error box. I believe this is the important information from the log. What am I doing wrong? EDIT: Now it is doing something....not sure why it didn't work to begin with.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting Default Logo

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Searched for and found Address

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Searched for and found Port

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Searched for and found Version

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Search for and could not find: EAC

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Search for and could not find: WebSite

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Searched for and found ReleaseNotes

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Search for and could not find: Type

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Search for and could not find: Admin

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Search for and could not find: AdminContact

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Search for and could not find: Banner

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Search for and could not find: Counter

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Searched for and found DownloadMode

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Search for and could not find: RSS

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Searched for and found Description

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Download links: https://github.com/SpiderJZMOD/True-Survival-A16-SP-MP

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updated TreeView Mods

Sorry for the frustration. Were you able to get it running?

Hey all,

There's three ways to install the 7D2D Mod Launcher:

1) Download the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe: This small program will call Microsoft's OneClick installer of the 7D2D mod Launcher, update itself, if need be, and then launch the application. It can be added to Steam as a Non-Steam game, in order to activate the Steam Overlay

2) Download the OneClick Installer directly. This will install the program, and add a Desktop short cut to launch it with. You can add that shortcut to Steam as a Non-Steam game, however, it will not auto-update from Steam.

3) Download the Release.zip. You can extract and run as-is, without installing anything. However, it will not auto-update.

So everywhere I look you guys always talk about this "add to steam as a Non-Steam game", but what about if you want Steam to count the hours you play? How about if you don't want that horrendous tag "Playing a non-steam game" for your friends to see?

There is a really easy way to launche the proper game using this launcher:

Open Steam, go to your library, right click on the "7D2D" game, and go to properties. Under the General tab click the Set launch options... button. Then you put this in there: "<route to the shortcut>\<shortcut name>.appref-ms" %command%

So, for example, if you downloaded the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe you should put there (for example, in case you have the shortcut in D:\Documents\):

"D:\Documents\7D2D Launcher.appref-ms" %command%

NOTE: QUOTATION MARKS INCLUDED

appref-ms is the proper extension for this kind of shortcut (more info on shortcut extensions if you're interested, here).

If you downloaded the program (options 2 and 3), you can put there the route to the executable file itself.

This way, when you start 7D2D game, it will sart it from the file you link in there instead of the regular one, so Steam Overlay will be activated, and Steam will count your game session as "7D2D", if you take screenshots (F12) or anything else, it would be like playing the game in the regular way, so you would be able to upload the screenshots to steam cloud, and it would put them in your "7d2d" category.

So everywhere I look you guys always talk about this "add to steam as a Non-Steam game", but what about if you want Steam to count the hours you play? How about if you don't want that horrendous tag "Playing a non-steam game" for your friends to see?

There is a really easy way to launche the proper game using this launcher:

Open Steam, go to your library, right click on the "7D2D" game, and go to properties. Under the General tab click the Set launch options... button. Then you put this in there: "<route to the shortcut>\<shortcut name>.appref-ms" %command%

So, for example, if you downloaded the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe you should put there (for example, in case you have the shortcut in D:\Documents\):

"D:\Documents\7D2D Launcher.appref-ms" %command%

NOTE: QUOTATION MARKS INCLUDED

appref-ms is the proper extension for this kind of shortcut (more info on shortcut extensions if you're interested, here).

If you downloaded the program (options 2 and 3), you can put there the route to the executable file itself.

This way, when you start 7D2D game, it will sart it from the file you link in there instead of the regular one, so Steam Overlay will be activated, and Steam will count your game session as "7D2D", if you take screenshots (F12) or anything else, it would be like playing the game in the regular way, so you would be able to upload the screenshots to steam cloud, and it would put them in your "7d2d" category.

Great tip! Thank you for sharing.

That doesnt work when you play different servers, like one is vanilla and another is with Valmod, you have different directories (or should). There was a steam overlay fix I saw somewhere long time ago, no idea now.

Yes, you can enable the Steam Overlay if you add the 7D2DModLauncher.exe to Steam, but it won't count your hours in 7 Days To Die.

Yes, you can enable the Steam Overlay if you add the 7D2DModLauncher.exe to Steam, but it won't count your hours in 7 Days To Die.

It will if you link the steam game to the 7D2DModLauncher.exe file as I wrote. I mean, the shortcut only activates the steam overlay. this activates both the steam overlay and makes Steam think you're playing the game itself.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesnt work when you play different servers, like one is vanilla and another is with Valmod, you have different directories (or should). There was a steam overlay fix I saw somewhere long time ago, no idea now.

We both just told you. create a non-steam game shortcut in steam or make steam launch 7d2d from another file, this file being "7D2DModLauncher.exe".

sphereii, this has always added to my hour count in the base game, as well as last played :o

edit to say (hi): when you launch the launcher, steam reports playing the modlauncher. when it launches the game, it swaps to playing 7d2d.

i've always run it on advanced.

Edited by sinda (see edit history)

sphereii, this has always added to my hour count in the base game, as well as last played :o

edit to say (hi): when you launch the launcher, steam reports playing the modlauncher. when it launches the game, it swaps to playing 7d2d.

i've always run it on advanced.

Okay, great, thanks for confirming. I knew that steam would change which game you were playing,but never noticed if it counted towards your hours or not.

And hi back! :) Always nice to see you

New version is released!

Changes

- Added an Additional Parameter that you can add to the 7daystodie.exe

- Adjusted the Delete button

- Added user-Agent string, to make it compatible with more hosts

With this update, we are proud to announce the inclusion of:

- ComSenMod

- A16 Better Balance

• Crater Creator changed the title to The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die