The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Good day Sphereii

I have a question .. what is the ComSenMod .. I looked on the forums and YouTube .. couldn't find anything on it. Just wondering to see if I would like to try it.

Enjoy the weekend and Thanks for the Update to v 1.0.3.16

Here's a link to ComSenMod https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?59883-ComSenMod-(latest-release-9-4-17)

Enjoy the mod!

I see the Release Notes shown as a link in the launcher, its not opening the link for me, so can you add a way to copy the link in the UI? Thankx

Looks like a bug on my end. I'll take a look! For most mods, the Release Link points to their Forum Post.

Good day Sphereii

Thank you for earlier reply:

Can you give me a link for: Dawn of the New Apocalypse ... I just started playing yesterday the [ Ravenhearst SP Edition ] and I'm thankful they came out with a single player version .. I'm not a MP player.

Boy! this can get hard .. with all those other mod parts that they use .. almost dyed 3 times in the first 10 minutes of the game. I just want to let them know how much I like it.

I checked the forums and looked at about 10 pages .. but didn't see anything OR I just overlooked it. (Old Eyes got tired maybe) :)

Thank you again for your help and I still loved the Launcher .. I tell everyone about it.

Enjoy the week

Good day Sphereii

Can you give me a link for: Dawn of the New Apocalypse ... I just started playing yesterday the [ Ravenhearst SP Edition ] and I'm thankful they came out with a single player version .. I'm not a MP player.

Boy! this can get hard .. with all those other mod parts that they use .. almost dyed 3 times in the first 10 minutes of the game. I just want to let them know how much I like it.

I checked the forums and looked at about 10 pages .. but didn't see anything OR I just overlooked it. (Old Eyes got tired maybe) :)

Thank you again for your help and I still loved the Launcher .. I tell everyone about it.

Enjoy the week

Thank you again for your kind words :) They are always welcomed to hear.

You can find DONA's website here

Good day Sphereii

Enjoy the week

Thank you very much for your kind words. My server was initially developed to be a place where people from ALL walks of life could go to relax and have a warm and friendly experience. Too many times I was on public servers and it either felt very lonely or very uncomfortable. On our server we pride ourselves on welcoming everyone and providing a safe and worry free place to enjoy yourself.

I am glad you are a fan of what we have done. I released the SP version because I wanted to share what our members have contributed to our community. So much of our mod has been tweaked and balanced by the wonderful people on our server from both their feedback and their direct involvement so a huge thanks to them, and a special thank you to Sphereii. Without his Launcher our members would have a much more difficult time getting access to our server and mod. His Launcher has been a true blessing and a great tool in getting the hard work of all these fantastic and way more talented than me modders out to the public.

We have some cool stuff planned for 16.4 so keep enjoying our mod as it evolves into something even better and more fun to play. And you are always free to stop on by and give us a try. Even if you enjoy playing loner style we have players of all types who play with us. There is an always an open invite to give us a shot.

Is there any plans on making this usable on the MAC. I have tried and tried and cannot get a mod to run on my MAC.

Hi Vykos. Unfortunately, there are no plans for the mod launcher for mac. I don't have a mac in which to test, and a lot of mods won't work out of the box on mac, even if the mod launcher could download them natively.

Hi Vykos. Unfortunately, there are no plans for the mod launcher for mac. I don't have a mac in which to test, and a lot of mods won't work out of the box on mac, even if the mod launcher could download them natively.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll keep trying to find a resource that works for me to get an installation. At this point I would pay someone to talk me through it over the phone, lol.

Good day JaxTeller718

I just want to thank you for the reply and I really am enjoying the SP version of the mod. A lot of great work went into it.

Maybe someday I will try MP .. but being a gamer at 71 yrs old .. old habits are hard to break and I have had some bad experience on MP ..

Anyway .. great mod .. Thank you and Enjoy your week. :)

Are there any clear-cut directions on getting this installed onto a Linux-based dedicated server anywhere? Thanks :)

Were you looking to run the Mod Launcher on Linux, to install dedicated software? Unfortunately, it doesn't run under Linux.

I'll be working on a tutorial, but it'll be a general tutorial. Each mod is slightly different in how they package. The Mod Launcher, for the most part, kind of forces a standardization for the client, but the servers are still a bit wild.

Which kind of server were you interested in running?

Hello, SphereII.

I'm using your launcher and it's working nicely.:)

I have questions about xml nodes for the My Mods feature.

I've read through help file, so there is no problem as long as a folder structure is restricted \Data\* or \7DaysToDie_Data\*.

Briefly speeking, how can I use Excludes & Downloads for the custom folder structure, such as Valmod (with Bigger Backpack / Compo Pack)?

Thanks for the nice launcher.

Hello, SphereII.

I'm using your launcher and it's working nicely.:)

I have questions about xml nodes for the My Mods feature.

I've read through help file, so there is no problem as long as a folder structure is restricted \Data\* or \7DaysToDie_Data\*.

Briefly speeking, how can I use Excludes & Downloads for the custom folder structure, such as Valmod (with Bigger Backpack / Compo Pack)?

Thanks for the nice launcher.

Thank you for your kind words.

We can have filtering in the Launcher's Config file:

<Excludes>
			<Exclude>Bigger Backpack Mod</Exclude>
		</Excludes>
		<Downloads>
			<Download>https://github.com/7days2mod/Valmod-Overhaul/archive/master.zip</Download>
			<Download>https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mdbvecz5tdkptbq/COMPOPACK_25%28for_alpha16experimental%29.zip?dl=0</Download>
		</Downloads>

In the above example, we are excluding that subpath from copying over. It will still download, but it won't install.

The Download tags allow me to pull files from different places, and install in the order they are listed. In this case, we are downloading Overhaul from github, and downloading (an older version) of compo pack.

Thank you for your kind words.

We can have filtering in the Launcher's Config file:

In the above example, we are excluding that subpath from copying over. It will still download, but it won't install.

The Download tags allow me to pull files from different places, and install in the order they are listed. In this case, we are downloading Overhaul from github, and downloading (an older version) of compo pack.[/quote]

Thanks for a quick answer. 

So, if I need Bigger Backpack (client) plus Compo Pack, like this?

[code]			<Excludes>
			<Exclude>Bigger Backpack Mod/7DaysToDieServer_Data</Exclude>
		</Excludes>
		<Downloads>
			<Download>https://github.com/7days2mod/Valmod-Overhaul/archive/master.zip</Download>
			<Download>https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mdbvecz5tdkptbq/COMPOPACK_25%28for_alpha16experimental%29.zip?dl=0</Download>
		</Downloads>

Does this force launcher excludes Server-side DLL, but installs Client-side DLL and windows.xml?

Thanks for a quick answer. :)

So, if I need Bigger Backpack (client) plus Compo Pack, like this?

<Excludes>
		</Excludes>
		<Downloads>
		</Downloads>

Does this force launcher excludes Server-side DLL, but installs Client-side DLL and windows.xml?

Exactly. You could also add another line to the download, pointing directly to the bigger backpack window.zml too, using the raw GitHub url

Exactly. You could also add another line to the download, pointing directly to the bigger backpack window.zml too, using the raw GitHub url

Okay, I added raw file url for windows.xml to Downloads.

Install worked correctly, thanks a lot. :)

<Excludes>
		</Excludes>
		<Downloads>
			<Download>https://raw.githubusercontent.com/7days2mod/Valmod-Overhaul/master/Bigger%20Backpack%20Mod/Data/Config/XUi/windows.xml</Download>
		</Downloads>

Last question about windows.xml, code has no indication of where to install xml.

Does launcher decide it automatically, and no need to describe?

Yes. I wanted to host my own server. I run an OVH Debian Linux server. I host a minecraft network as well as a 7 Days To Die vanilla server. I was hoping to get a modded server up and running.

The Mod Launcher is just a client-side installer. The mod developers have to package their mods in certain ways for it to work right, and its not necessarily done the same way for server.

That being said, the mods are nearly identical to client side vs server side, when it comes to XML. You could use the Mod Launcher to sync up the client files, and upload them to the server. The Launcher itself doesn't have any FTP capabilities, nor are any planned.

The only catch with this method is that it's just for the XML. For any DLL changes, such as bigger back pack mod, you'll have to find the server-side DLL separate, since its not often included in the client-side download.

Sphereii,

I am trying to use War of the Walkers Bigger Backpack from your launcher, but it will not download the mod properly.

I am using Advanced Mode and installing various mods into seperate folders under c:\7D2D. Other mods are working properly.

I have tried both copy from existing and download from steam to get the base files fine. when i test mod sync or play mod, i get a series of messages and no mods installed:

Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... 

the launcher log has corresponding messages for each of those above:

INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Attempting to download: https://github.com/dwallorde/WaroftheWalkersMod---BBM---Github/archive/master.zip
INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Clone Download Mode Detected. Using libgit2sharp...
INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Previous sync exists. Refreshing...
INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Warning: Download attempt failed. Will retry...
INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - LibGit2Sharp.RepositoryNotFoundException: Path 'C:\7D2D\War_Of_the_Walkers\War_of_the_Walkers_Bigger_Back_Pack\TempMods\' doesn't point at a valid Git repository or workdir.
  at LibGit2Sharp.Core.Proxy.git_repository_open(String path)
  at LibGit2Sharp.Repository..ctor(String path, RepositoryOptions options)
  at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.bgWorker_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Refreshing Mods for War of the Walkers Bigger Back Pack
INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Attempting to download: https://github.com/dwallorde/WaroftheWalkersMod---BBM---Github/archive/master.zip
INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Clone Download Mode Detected. Using libgit2sharp...
INFO 5 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - LibGit2Sharp.RepositoryNotFoundException: Path 'C:\7D2D\War_Of_the_Walkers\War_of_the_Walkers_Bigger_Back_Pack\TempMods\' doesn't point at a valid Git repository or workdir.

As a side note, if i do the initial copy of the base game files and then switch to basic mode and point the launcher to the specific directory created, it will sync the mod...but that seems like a horribly round about way to do things, doesnt make playing other mods easy, and not sure my player base will be able to do manual workarounds.

Sphereii,

I am trying to use War of the Walkers Bigger Backpack from your launcher, but it will not download the mod properly.

I am using Advanced Mode and installing various mods into seperate folders under c:\7D2D. Other mods are working properly.

I have tried both copy from existing and download from steam to get the base files fine. when i test mod sync or play mod, i get a series of messages and no mods installed:

Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... Clone Mode Detected. Refreshing existing depot... 

the launcher log has corresponding messages for each of those above:

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Waiting for Background Process to complete: Refreshing Mods for War of the Walkers Bigger Back Pack

As a side note, if i do the initial copy of the base game files and then switch to basic mode and point the launcher to the specific directory created, it will sync the mod...but that seems like a horribly round about way to do things, doesnt make playing other mods easy, and not sure my player base will be able to do manual workarounds.

typically, when the launcher repeats that message, it's a sign that the local git folder is corrupted. Have you tried to Delete mod, and re-create it?