Baseball Bat ????

It's mostly "weirdness." It's the middle tier item, equal to iron spears and hunting knives.. the others scrap to (scrap) iron while having very similar crafting recipes.

The best "reason" I can come up with is that the bat seems visually like a wooden bat, and it would feel odd to get iron out of it.

More likely it's just an oversight / will be figured out later (once we get to .. somewhere) / something like that. Work in progress.

they REALLY need to re do a lot of weapon recipes. A wooden bat is just a nice piece of wood. Makes no sense requiring parts. You can make a stone sledge with just stone/wood/plant fibers. You should be able to make a wooden bat without "baseball bat" parts. Maybe require a workbench because there is obviously tooling required beyond a simple club, but its still just a hunk of WOOD

1 hour ago, katarynna said:

baseball bats haven't required "baseball bay" parts for a long time.

sorry I misspoke when I called them "baseball bat parts"

I was referring to all the metal involved that isn't actually in the weapon as "parts"

Duct tape I can agree with. But all that metal that isn't even in the weapon makes no sense.

7 hours ago, warmer said:

sorry I misspoke when I called them "baseball bat parts"

I was referring to all the metal involved that isn't actually in the weapon as "parts"

Duct tape I can agree with. But all that metal that isn't even in the weapon makes no sense.

replace cork with iron

42 minutes ago, warmer said:

corked bats are illegal for baseball. Not the standard. but if you could replace it with iron, youd have the old iron reinforced club

I don't think you will hear any zombies complaining about illegal bats in baseball.....

4 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

I don't think you will hear any zombies complaining about illegal bats in baseball.....

point I was making is there is no cork to replace, because it wouldn't be there to begin with lol

all though corking a bat would be an interesting mod. they did it in baseball to increase swing speed at the cost of mass. Faster attack/less damage.

You could cork a bat as a mod and have a trade off 10% high attack speed / -10% damage
Adding iron would have the opposite

13 hours ago, warmer said:

point I was making is there is no cork to replace, because it wouldn't be there to begin with lol

all though corking a bat would be an interesting mod. they did it in baseball to increase swing speed at the cost of mass. Faster attack/less damage.

You could cork a bat as a mod and have a trade off 10% high attack speed / -10% damage
Adding iron would have the opposite

no worries, I forgot to put my /s tag on my posts so everyone could see I am just trying to be funny  🙂

The first time I made the motorcycle and 4x4, I chuckled as I know you can't make either just with the parts and tools you have to use in the game.  But it never bothered me because A) it is a game, B) it is not a vehicle building simulation, and C) the developers are using it as a way to add effort to obtaining those items without it becoming too complicated.

So for the bats, if I do make them, I don't think too hard about the components, and if I find them in loot and not going to use them / sell them, I just chuck them in my forge or campfire as fuel

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

I'd redo the Clubs this way.

1) Crude Wooden Club. Made with Wood and Plant Herbs. The usual beginner Club we all know. Basic stats. Scraps to Wood.

2) Wooden Baseball Bat. Made with more Wood pieces than the Wooden Club, Duct Tape and Glue. Higher stats than Wooden Club of course, plus +10% Attack speed. Scraps to Wood.

3) Metal Baseball Bat. Made with Forged Iron (yes i know they're made with aluminium IRL) instead of Wood plus other mats like Wooden Bat. No more Attack Speed bonus but +10% flat Damage. Scraps to Iron.

4) Steel Club. The transmission shaft Club we all know. Same mats as right now and scraps for same mats as well. +15% flat Damage.

Of course Stamina usage and Durability are higher as you make better Clubs.

Now i know we have 4 types of Clubs instead of the usual three categories for most melee weapons, but i thought of this to address the fact that a Wooden Baseball Bat doesnt require Forged Iron, which i also agree to be stupid. If a Baseball Bat would ever require to have Iron in the crafting recipe, it would be the Metal one.

2 minutes ago, AmethystLainey said:

That is what im saying Kyonshi, 

We have 

Wooden Club 

Bat

Steel Club

Which is all fun and good but the Bat taking forged Iron to craft but scrapping to wood makes no sense to me, :(

Forged iron could be making a tool to shape the wood.