What would we like to see in the game?

Juui

On 6/6/2021 at 4:29 PM, SylenThunder said:

I beg to differ....

spacer.png

They have a number of designs developed specifically for the police and military. 

I seriously hope that's either photoshopped or they did it as a joke. I don't want to google it and discover it's real 🤣

3 hours ago, Jugginator said:

I seriously hope that's either photoshopped or they did it as a joke. I don't want to google it and discover it's real 🤣

Oh it's real. They have special stick assemblies so they can drive with their knees. There's a company that does the conversions. That image is from one of their marketing pages.  That's kind of a niche market though. Super Segway does most of the police and government units.

Better sleeper volumes so we don't wake up an entire room simply for walking through an invisible trigger. Stealth is already implemented, it works perfectly for zombies in the wild but not in a building.

Would also like to see fishing in the game, it would add a variety of recipes to the game. Possibly eliminating canned tuna so you have to actively fish for it. Could simply be an interaction like lockpicking.

58 minutes ago, Darklegend222 said:

Better sleeper volumes so we don't wake up an entire room simply for walking through an invisible trigger. Stealth is already implemented, it works perfectly for zombies in the wild but not in a building.

Would also like to see fishing in the game, it would add a variety of recipes to the game. Possibly eliminating canned tuna so you have to actively fish for it. Could simply be an interaction like lockpicking.

Fishing sounds so good! It would definitely give more options in the game :) 

4 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

I'm aware, it completely eliminates the stealth mechanic which is just dumb.

Not remotely true. This whole conversation happened months ago and  it was proven that with stealth perks you can hide and then stealth attack the zombies that woke up. Unperked….no. That’s the difference between being skilled and unskilled. 

wanting the entire population to stay asleep without any deviation is a recipe for boring gameplay. Using actual player skill to retreat, hide, re-emerge, and stealth kill the now wandering zombies is way more interesting than simply ANOTHER room of completely unconscious enemies. 

6 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Oh it's real. They have special stick assemblies so they can drive with their knees. There's a company that does the conversions. That image is from one of their marketing pages.  That's kind of a niche market though. Super Segway does most of the police and government units.

-50 rep for faith in humanity

A lot of the things mentioned in A20 sound awesome, but I would still like to see the following:

Lootable Zombies

Memba when you could loot all zombies, and how they had specific loot (like nurses had bandages, farmers had hoes, cops had ammo etc), and then A17 came and stole all the fun? Fortunately I found an awesome mod that adds this back in beautifully. Even so, I still wish it were back in the base game.

Minigame for lockpicking

Like they have in Dying Light. This would replace the randomness with skill. So, lockpicking perks would make the locks easier to pick.

Swamp biome DLC

With zombie alligators and voodoo style zombies. I think this would need to be a DLC because it probably wouldn't fit in with the current theme.

More zombies

Not more hiding in cupboards and rafters. lol.  More wandering zombies. A lot more.

Line of sight pathing

At present you can stand on a block placed on the outside wall of a building, and instead of going into rage mode below you, a dog will run around the back of the building, break through the door, traverse all the passages and rooms in the house until it is directly behind you and starts breaking the wall to get to you.  This is the intelligence one would expect from a bandit, not a dumb zombie or animal. 

Survivor villages with rentable rooms

I would love to see the trader reworked into a village with NPCs where you can pay dukes to spend the night there, and make it very expensive for horde night.

Option to turn off diggers

Default would be set to on, but having an option to turn them off would be great.

Option for headshot-only kills

Make it so that you can only kill a zombie with a headshot and a headshot always kills. You can still pop arms and legs off, but it will keep coming at you until you brain it. That would also make helmeted zombies more of a threat.

Edited by hotpoon
sp (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Roland said:

Not remotely true. This whole conversation happened months ago and  it was proven that with stealth perks you can hide and then stealth attack the zombies that woke up. Unperked….no. That’s the difference between being skilled and unskilled. 

wanting the entire population to stay asleep without any deviation is a recipe for boring gameplay. Using actual player skill to retreat, hide, re-emerge, and stealth kill the now wandering zombies is way more interesting than simply ANOTHER room of completely unconscious enemies. 

So in other words, I'm forced to wake them up, then to run and hide. From already sleeping zombies.. if they could detect me walking into a room from 30m away but they can't as i walk towards them.. then clearly triggers need to be fixed.

Perhaps, that going through a trigger, spawns the zombies so that you don't have to suffer system limitations of an entire poi being loaded.

As sylven said above, it's by design, and not by a bug or an issue.

But that doesn't mean the current system is flawless and can't be tweaked to be better..

Edit: this is a thread on what we want to see in game, and i want to see stealth get improved. I don't care if the conversation "took place months ago". It's still in the game and it can still be improved. It has an early access tag, therefore enhancing it is an option.

If staying outside of a zones "trigger" is the best way to be completely stealthy, and not by avoiding trash, traps, making noise, and wearing the proper armor then clearly it can be enhanced.

Edited by Darklegend222 (see edit history)

I would love to see something like the a end game area added kind of like the ender dragon in Minecraft where you can still play the game after you beat it you just get special rewards. But it would be an entire new biome I would call it the mutated zombie zone and literally everything from like deer and rabbits and chickens or crazily mutated in this area. There'd be crazy fog and scary lightning and just the scariest place you can think of make it into this biome. And have some very unique weapons armor and different things that you can only find in this biome. Maybe some very unique ore that's been mutated a little bit because of the radiation and weird stuff going on. I feel because the Moon is a deep red every 7 days the blood moon. There could be also a curse element mixed with radiation there's so many possibilities with that idea. Just some crazy ideas and theories of someone who loves the game.

54 minutes ago, Darklegend222 said:

Edit: this is a thread on what we want to see in game, and i want to see stealth get improved.

This isn’t the only thread you’ve been making the claim that stealth is completely invalidated because one or two rooms out of an entire POI auto triggers the zombies. That’s why I finally responded. 

Also, what I want for the game is for a variety of encounters and moments wher you must think fast and change up what you’re doing. So I want the occasional auto trigger room to remain— as well as wandering sleepers for even more variety. This thread is for posting what you want and I want the opposite of what you want and I disagree that stealth is invalidated by the auto triggers. 

Stealth skills are tested and challenged by them. I agree improvement like the sound of a pile of junk falling just before they auto trigger would be cool. Then you’d know that it wasn’t you that woke them, it was just something beyond your control but now you need to adapt. One way would be to pull out a shotgun and massacre them all loudly. Another way would be to run and hide and re-emerge AKA stealth. 

Removal od the occasional auto trigger will only make every single encounter in every building exactly the same. I want encounter variety. 

15 hours ago, Darklegend222 said:

I'm aware, it completely eliminates the stealth mechanic which is just dumb.

In case you didn't know, even if you hit these auto aggro volumes you can simply move around a corner to a darkish spot, crouch and the zombies will lose track of you. They will soon lose interest and wander around, letting you sneak hit them or just leave them behind; people not perked into it can't do this.

It does not eliminate the stealth mechanic.

Edited by Jugginator (see edit history)

45 minutes ago, Jugginator said:

... move around a corner to a darkish spot, crouch and the zombies will lose track of you.

Heh, you don't even need that half the time... I've been playing arcade at the T5 buildings, and on top of Dishong, I was surprised to see that stealthing on the roof in bright daylight, some of the zeds just ran past me to stand there, after I had already shot them. I was crouched by mistake, so it really took me by surprise.. :) (Agi spec with 5/5 stealth points, military armor, no mufflers - might've been standing in the shadow of the antenna tower)

6 hours ago, hotpoon said:

Line of sight pathing

At present you can stand on a block placed on the outside wall of a building, and instead of going into rage mode below you, a dog will run around the back of the building, break through the door, traverse all the passages and rooms in the house until it is directly behind you and starts breaking the wall to get to you.  This is the intelligence one would expect from a bandit, not a dumb zombie or animal. 

This is the only one from your list that I disagree with. I love that they can find paths to me. It adds to the horror. If they all just came up to the wall and pounded on it until I shot them like fish in a barrel it would not be as much fun in my opinion. Knowing that if I left a crack in my defense somewhere they could breach and overwhelm is more exciting.  In POI exploration zombies in the environment might come back if they fell from a height or hear me from outside. Without their ability to always path to me minus some random forgetfulness put in there so that it doesn't ALWAYS happen, there really isn't much worry or anxiety. They actually toned this down quite a bit from A17 and I wish they hadn't. The A17 zombies were relentless.

26 minutes ago, Roland said:

This is the only one from your list that I disagree with. I love that they can find paths to me. It adds to the horror. If they all just came up to the wall and pounded on it until I shot them like fish in a barrel it would not be as much fun in my opinion. Knowing that if I left a crack in my defense somewhere they could breach and overwhelm is more exciting.  In POI exploration zombies in the environment might come back if they fell from a height or hear me from outside. Without their ability to always path to me minus some random forgetfulness put in there so that it doesn't ALWAYS happen, there really isn't much worry or anxiety. They actually toned this down quite a bit from A17 and I wish they hadn't. The A17 zombies were relentless.

i had a similar instance while testing pois and damn was it exciting..  in my opinion zombies need to have the chance to do this as well and not let you have too much time on your hands while they are alive. alas... not everyone wants to have fun anymore... no wonder the zeds are leaving, they want excitement too. :)

8 hours ago, 7daystodierocks said:

i think a juggernaut style zombie could be a good idea kinda like a smaller faster and tankier version of the demo with a bomb suit on so he is semi bullet proof :)

Ohh this sounds good, as long as we don't see this zombie often haha

8 hours ago, hotpoon said:

A lot of the things mentioned in A20 sound awesome, but I would still like to see the following:

Lootable Zombies

Memba when you could loot all zombies, and how they had specific loot (like nurses had bandages, farmers had hoes, cops had ammo etc), and then A17 came and stole all the fun? Fortunately I found an awesome mod that adds this back in beautifully. Even so, I still wish it were back in the base game.

Minigame for lockpicking

Like they have in Dying Light. This would replace the randomness with skill. So, lockpicking perks would make the locks easier to pick.

Swamp biome DLC

With zombie alligators and voodoo style zombies. I think this would need to be a DLC because it probably wouldn't fit in with the current theme.

More zombies

Not more hiding in cupboards and rafters. lol.  More wandering zombies. A lot more.

Line of sight pathing

Survivor villages with rentable rooms

I would love to see the trader reworked into a village with NPCs where you can pay dukes to spend the night there, and make it very expensive for horde night.

Option to turn off diggers

Default would be set to on, but having an option to turn them off would be great.

Option for headshot-only kills

Make it so that you can only kill a zombie with a headshot and a headshot always kills. You can still pop arms and legs off, but it will keep coming at you until you brain it. That would also make helmeted zombies more of a threat.

I wish I started playing when the lootable zombies were in the game. It sounds really cool! 
I'm not sure about the mini game, but I guess I would have to try it out to see how it is :) 
Swamp biome is something that I would definitely love to see in the game, it would add the variety to the world. For now we don't really have much, but it still is amazing.  
More NPCs also sound amazing

Overall I love the ideas you put here! 

5 hours ago, NotSoMadMax said:

Fishing, I want fishing! Chicken coops and rabbit hutches as well. I know there are mods for coops, but having a basic thing like that IN the game is an important survival element. Snares for small game like rabbits/chickens/snakes.

Chicken coops sound good! It would be nice if there was an option to make your own and maybe hatch the collected eggs to make your own chicken coop. It would give more survival options but make it so that zombies can attack the chicken, to make it more difficult :)

8 hours ago, hotpoon said:

I think it's funny how often this gets brought up. I mine at night, almost every night in fact. I have yet to have a single zombie ever dig down to me or even try to dig down to me. I mine the same way I always have. at bedrock. I dig a shaft down from in my base then run off in cardinal directions. Problem solved. All you have to do is the same thing we've done for multiple Alpha's.

1 hour ago, Juui said:

I wish I started playing when the lootable zombies were in the game. It sounds really cool! 

You can go back to a previous alpha any time, just select the version in steam. I would recommend A16 as it is the last version where zombies were lootable.

1 hour ago, JCrook1028 said:

I think it's funny how often this gets brought up. I mine at night, almost every night in fact. I have yet to have a single zombie ever dig down to me or even try to dig down to me. I mine the same way I always have. at bedrock. I dig a shaft down from in my base then run off in cardinal directions. Problem solved. All you have to do is the same thing we've done for multiple Alpha's.

I don't care one way or the other myself, but there are so many people (my husband is one of them) who get upset with how the zombies swiss cheese the ground and make a big mess. As you say, it gets brought up often, so I think it would be nice to be able to turn it off for those that think it's an issue. 

2 hours ago, Roland said:

It definitely adds gameplay. I can't argue with that, but for me it's an immersion thing. I don't think they should be clever enough for that. The bandits on the other hand could totally do that, and it would make sense.

5 hours ago, meganoth said:

You can go back to a previous alpha any time, just select the version in steam. I would recommend A16 as it is the last version where zombies were lootable.

Thank you for letting me know! I will definitely have a look when I play on my own. At the moment I have around 10 different worlds with different people 😅

10 hours ago, Juui said:

Ohh this sounds good, as long as we don't see this zombie often haha

I'm not sure about the mini game, but I guess I would have to try it out to see how it is :) 
Swamp biome is something that I would definitely love to see in the game, it would add the variety to the world. For now we don't really have much, but it still is amazing.  
More NPCs also sound amazing

Overall I love the ideas you put here! 

Chicken coops sound good! It would be nice if there was an option to make your own and maybe hatch the collected eggs to make your own chicken coop. It would give more survival options but make it so that zombies can attack the chicken, to make it more difficult :)

id say keep it limited to high gamestage BMH military bases and police stations