A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

Hi there,

Just started using Nitrogen - it's great!

However, I am getting a few warnings in the console about some POIs not found. I used the switch Compo42 in the Nitrogen generator but installed CompoPack_43 (by the way, I generated the world without CompoPack installed, then installed CP).

Any ideas?

Any new info on command line support? Would love to batch a bunch of maps and then choose the best one.
If its been posted before then apologies. I've searched the thread but don't see any mention of it being implemented.

On 5/9/2020 at 6:07 PM, Loftus said:

Hi there,

However, I am getting a few warnings in the console about some POIs not found. I used the switch Compo42 in the Nitrogen generator but installed CompoPack_43 (by the way, I generated the world without CompoPack installed, then installed CP).

Any ideas?

I have the same problem, no option to choose CompoPack 43 in the NitroGen World Generator yet.

Hi, I will have another look at NitroGen again when A19 hits, and see if there are things to fix or better up. Doing some other hobby projects currently.

For example, here is how a NitroGen heightmap looks in my landscape rendering prototype.

@Damocles

I hope you continue to update this map make .. it is a Great Tool and does have a few minor issues. But mostly because of HOW us player try to use it and make some impossible map.

1) .. I would like to see the New Combo pack out be part of the maker .. I'm a bit older now and don't remember how all the stuff .. that needs to be done to make it work. 

2) .. One of the biggest issues that this program has is making buildings and terrain work together ..if working on a smooth or better condition in smoothness.

Anyway, thank you for a Great Tool ....... Have Fun and Enjoy .... and Be Safe. ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

@gpcstargate no need to wait, you can make a list for the new Compo pack yourself using the attached parser. I did not make this, but it creates a list from all the custom prefabs you have installed. Just download the files and point it towards your 7dtd directory.

Has anyone noticed that only one biome is used when using a custom heightmap? All my maps are forest with a custom heightmap, when it would be nice to add a few biomes for variety. Great tool though -- I am having a great time making my hometown into 7dtd.

parser.exe parser.py

OK, so biomes can be edited manually by changing the colors in the output biomes.png file after you generate the map but before you import it to your GeneratedWorlds folder.

Does anyone know what variable in config.txt controls road height? I seem to have screwed something up and all my roads are now 50 blocks above the ground.

A friend of mine has rented a server from ServerBlend, and wanted me to generate a map for the server using Nitrogen. I generated a 10K map with Compopack POIs included. I tested the map in a hosted multiplayer session and everything worked fine.

However I am at a loss with how to get the map files uploaded to the file manager properly. Every time I try I cannot see the files on the server file manager, so I can place them in the proper folders.

Any help with this problem would be very much appreciated :)

Edited by DannyBlazeTM (see edit history)

On 5/9/2020 at 11:07 AM, Loftus said:

Hi there,

Any ideas?

There must have been some name changes between 42 and 43. If your issues is the same as mine, there's only about 8 POIs involved, even though the output log list is long.

Example: 2020-05-17T11:57:12 161.926 ERR Prefab loading failed. Prefab 'xcostum_Shoppingcenter(by_Tom)' does not exist!

2020-05-17T11:57:12 161.927 WRN Could not load prefab 'xcostum_Shoppingcenter(by_Tom)'. Skipping it

It now exists in Compo43 as xcostum_Shoppingcenter(by_TopMinder), so it isn't found, meaning it isn't loaded.

I manually changed the names of the prefabs involved, back to the names in CP42. It's a bit of a pain as there's 6 files with each POI.  But I no longer get the errors in the output log and my missing POIs are back in the mix.

There's about 5 POIs that need (by_TopMinder) changed to (by_Tom).

There's 1 that needs to change from Sky TwinTowers(by_topMinder) to Sky Diner(by_Tom)

There's 2 by Stallionsden that need LMART changed to Truckstop.

If there was a problem changing these, it would have shown in the output log. These POIs were idle because they were renamed between 42 and 43.

I love the many options on nitrogen but uh... I prefer the landscape the vanilla made... diff mountains between desert and others... more trees on forest.. and sometimes nitrogen's mountain is weird dome thing with weird road... do I do it wrong or it just this program just give a different flavor? Can I have more natural generation if I use heightmap? How do I get heightmap from normal landscapes / map?

So i downloaded the nitrogen tool, when i went to run it, it told me i needed to download java runtime environment 1.8 (64bit)....... so i downloaded that and went through the installation, then tried nitrogen again.... same message.... just keeps directing me to download java over and over, even though i downloaded it already and successfully installed it. any advice?

36 minutes ago, Elphame_Gold said:

java runtime environment 1.8 (64bit)

I had this problem earlier this month when I finally moved to Windows 10. 

Like you, I did try the free Java packages and it didn't work.

Upon research, I found out that a version of JRE 1.8 isn't available per-se for the public, but only if you register for an Oracle account.

To get around this, I remembered Ninite and how they have an alternate Java installation package called Java AdoptOpenJDK.

Now, Ninite is a website that helps provides bundled software for "first time Windows OS installations", or if you're gathering and updating all at once.

If you're willing to try it as I did, try downloading the AdoptOpenJDK runtimes in their RUNTIMES section at their website.

(they have two installers, the Java and the JDK - the one I installed was named "Ninite Java AdoptOpenJDK 8 Installer" after checkmarking all 3 of the Runtimes)

After installing, see if Nitrogen finally loads for you as it did for me.

On 5/16/2020 at 11:27 PM, Damocles said:

Check if you have an output directory. This error could show up if there is no actual output directory available.

You can also start it via the .bat file, and report the actual Exception that shows in the console.

i have an output directory but when i click on it it doesnt open the folder that is shown in the output bar.  and it wont change to any fold other than where nitrogen is located

5 hours ago, MigrantYeti said:

Where do ya go to add custom prefab files to nitrogen? is that possible?

you have to add them into the prefab list in 7dtd and switch the poi set in nitrogen to something other than vanilla

creating output directory: BUT WHY  C:\Users\Traum\Desktop\NitroGen_WorldGenerator\output\BUT WHY
output directory created
running generation thread
... running terrain generation ...
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Traum\Desktop\NitroGen_WorldGenerator\output\BUT WHY\radiation.png (The system cannot find the path specified)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open0(Native Method)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at javax.imageio.stream.FileImageOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.imageio.spi.FileImageOutputStreamSpi.createOutputStreamInstance(Unknown Source)
        at javax.imageio.ImageIO.createImageOutputStream(Unknown Source)
        at javax.imageio.ImageIO.write(Unknown Source)
        at nitrogen.terraingen.ToolImageProcessor.b(Unknown Source)
        at nitrogen.terraingen.ToolImageProcessor.a(Unknown Source)
        at nitrogen.terraingen.c.b(Unknown Source)
        at nitrogen.gui.NitroGenUI.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at javax.imageio.ImageIO.write(Unknown Source)
        at nitrogen.terraingen.ToolImageProcessor.b(Unknown Source)
        at nitrogen.terraingen.ToolImageProcessor.a(Unknown Source)
        at nitrogen.terraingen.c.b(Unknown Source)
        at nitrogen.gui.NitroGenUI.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
null
Total time taken: 0 min 0 sec