A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

45 minutes ago, DerValiser said:

For a 7 Days to Die Charity PvP-Event I  would like to genereate a very small map. Just 1024 in size would be enough.
But it seems that nitrogen is always resetting the manual size to 4096.

Is there any possibility to generate smaller maps?

@Damocles could you take a look at this matter, please?

PS: I just tried to use a 4k genHM.png but with a lot more water. The problem is that it could work, but Nitrogen is still generating streets in the water in order to fill the whole 4k. So this is not a valid workaround, unfortunately.

You can have a look as the mask image.

The mask blocks off areas for POIs to spawn. (transparent areas spawn, opaque areas block)

You can also add spawnpoints for towns and cities (red and green dots).

When you then also reduce the total number of POIs low enough, you can create a small island map from an imported heightmap and mask image.

Here an example I quickly made:

spacer.png

(I have no idea how to add images now, that actually work... crappy forum software)

here the heigtmap and mask

http://crongame.com/screenshots/island.zip

You should set the town and city to just one, and turn down or off the other POI types. Especially mountain huts, if you dont have mountains.

I also set the trader to just one.

You can load the import_HM.png heightmap to resources, or into a preexisting output folder. I think the mask is always loaded from resources, so overwrite the existing one.

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

I actually redid the mask, (forgot to flip it vertically), its a quirk of the import procedure.

http://crongame.com/screenshots/island.zip

Biomes have to be created manually if you use imported maps. Basically just paint the colors from a reference biomes.png to the one you will use.

Also use the included biomesfixer tool to ensure the correct color format.

There is some map creators here who can explain you all the details and quirks.

@Damocles

Thanks, that should be helpful.   I event don't need a city, a few buildings would be enough.

The last years we used Navezgane and our playground was the pine forest around diersville. since A17 they changed the biomes there and it was a bit more difficult to explain the guys where the borders are.

So my idea was to have a nice small map with surrounding water via nitrogen. Then it's totally clear where the playfield would be :)

Just green biomes on a small map with a few huts would be totally enough. 

6 hours ago, Damocles said:

Jup, just use the heigtmap and mask from the zip, and turn off cities, towns, mountainshuts etc, and keep the other POIs to low.

This should be a very small, but usable map then.

Played a bit with my own heightmap an mask. Works like a charm :)

Edited. Works now with biomes.png. If you watch my edits, it was too small :) 
Thank you for your help.

Edited by DerValiser (see edit history)

Hi Damocles, is it possible to do, new placement zone, "map border", to create poi on the border of the world.  i use setting, the border of the world is water. I want to create a poi, for example, ships or oil platforms on the border of the world, on the water.

11 hours ago, custom_hero said:

Hi Damocles, is it possible to do, new placement zone, "map border", to create poi on the border of the world.  i use setting, the border of the world is water. I want to create a poi, for example, ships or oil platforms on the border of the world, on the water.

Not with the implemented generator. It does not generate POI in the water.

You can however manually place additional prefabs by adding them and editing the world position in  prefabs.xml. Setting the position (x,y, z), where x and z is the map position, and y is the height.

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Damocles said:

Not with the implemented generator. It does not generate POI in the water.

You can however manually place additional prefabs by adding them and editing the world position in  prefabs.xml. Setting the position (x,y, z), where x and z is the map position, and y is the height.

i know. it was a question of whether it is possible in future versions to implement this? For example, set a standard height for the border of the world. And create POI based on this height. like a POI Vessel by Pille
all you have to do is create zones that will use the borders of the world. 
New placement zone type "border"

Edited by custom_hero (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Damocles said:

Added a tool (first iteration) to generate preview maps for existing world files.

In case you customedit maps, or want to cheat in MultiPlayer ;) 

Sorry, I have to ask as I didn't see a link here or in first post. Is there one?

So, trying to figure out the correct coding and such.

In this example, the number 2 would be rotation, and the -4 is height from ground level?

skate_park_01,COMMERCIAL,2,-4,44,16,44,downtown

Also, what is the "COMMERCIAL" a designate for, if the word downtown is the group? Or do I have that backwards?

5 hours ago, Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 said:

So, trying to figure out the correct coding and such.

In this example, the number 2 would be rotation, and the -4 is height from ground level?

skate_park_01,COMMERCIAL,2,-4,44,16,44,downtown

Also, what is the "COMMERCIAL" a designate for, if the word downtown is the group? Or do I have that backwards?

COMMERCIAL here is the original RWG zonetype. Its not used in NitroGen. Its kept in as a convenience when manually editing prefablists.

"downtown" is the zone determining the placement.

6 hours ago, Damocles said:

COMMERCIAL here is the original RWG zonetype. Its not used in NitroGen. Its kept in as a convenience when manually editing prefablists.

"downtown" is the zone determining the placement.

Ah good, thank you for responding.

Is the rotation and height assumption correct?

Edited by Pra3t0r 0f R0m3 (see edit history)

I'm wondering if this is a Nitorgen issue or a server issue.  I'm almost sure its a Nitrado issue, but I'm wondering if someone could help here?  Both client and server is Alpha 18.4 (b4).

This is what's generated by Nitorgen (previewMap_16ka.png)

This is what is generated by visitmap -4096 -4096 4096 4096 (MytherysMagic_7D2D.png)

previewMap_16ka.png

MytherysMagic_7D2D.png

Im using the compo pack to generate worlds, and geting some freaky stuff, cities completely underwater, or glitched with huge walls of water that go across the entire map. Did someone else got the same?

For imported maps, there is only a simple biome.png generated (based on height, there is some snow, otherwise forest)

Its more a fallback solution.

You can edit your own biomes.png, or use one of the same size from another generation run.

There is also a tool in a subfolder that can ensure that edited biome maps have the correct color format. (manually edited maps can easily throw errors in 7DtD)