A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

I'm having trouble with Java when starting nitrogen. It says "This application requires Java Runtime Environment 1.8" It takes me to the Java download page and I go through the process of downloading it again. I try to open nitrogen again and it says the same thing. I've checked all the settings in the Java control panel and everything is enabled. I checked the verify Java thing on the Java website and it says I have version 8 update 251. Anyone know how to fix this?

I ran the executable jar file and when I click the generate button it says "Cannot detect a 64 bit Java VM, you might run this programm in 32 a bit Java VM. please make sure you run a 64 bit installation of Java to avoid out of memory errors" I know I have the 64 bit version Java so I'm not sure what to do from here. It generates the map folder but the preview folder is empty and the only other file is Radiation which is all black. 

Edited by WallopingShark (see edit history)

3 hours ago, WallopingShark said:

I'm having trouble with Java when starting nitrogen. It says "This application requires Java Runtime Environment 1.8" It takes me to the Java download page and I go through the process of downloading it again. I try to open nitrogen again and it says the same thing. I've checked all the settings in the Java control panel and everything is enabled. I checked the verify Java thing on the Java website and it says I have version 8 update 251. Anyone know how to fix this?

I ran the executable jar file and when I click the generate button it says "Cannot detect a 64 bit Java VM, you might run this programm in 32 a bit Java VM. please make sure you run a 64 bit installation of Java to avoid out of memory errors" I know I have the 64 bit version Java so I'm not sure what to do from here. It generates the map folder but the preview folder is empty and the only other file is Radiation which is all black. 

I'm having the same problem.

I just found out about this and have been playing for a while but when I tried to click the Compopack 43 it took me to a page:

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you requested does not exist

Error code: 1S160/2

Anyone else get this? Or is it a problem on my end?

Hi is the compo pack downloading for anyone?  Trying to create a map with biomes glued together rather than scatter gun approach too

11 hours ago, Nareila said:

I just found out about this and have been playing for a while but when I tried to click the Compopack 43 it took me to a page:

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you requested does not exist

Error code: 1S160/2

Anyone else get this? Or is it a problem on my end?

Same problem I just saw....and also with the java thing too....

Edited by 7daystofly (see edit history)

I made a map for Darkness Falls and we came across a mall POI with just a crazy amount of loot boxes, workbenches, garden/farm, etc. Completely ruined the game for us suddenly finding literally everything the game has to offer in one spot.

I think the Comp pack is included in DF? Does anyone know if there's a different prefab list out there that excludes the "overpowered" POI's? Otherwise I'm not sure how to get rid of them one by one as I don't know what other ones are lurking in the files... (Compo or DF prebabs)

Any advice or links would be really appeciated, thanks!

Sorry it's raining, but it looks from the outside signage on it that it's a retirement community theme. Someone put a lot of work into and it's impressive for what it is and I don't want to trash talk it... but man it's way too OP

That's good to hear things like this wouldn't be intentional, because we're highly skeptical of starting a new game just to find 30-40 days some other crazy POI 😕

EDIT upload quality not the greatest "Stallionsdens Retirement Village" with ES 15 in the bottom right corner if that helps at all.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by kosh401 (see edit history)

So i just downloaded Nitrogen and got it running just fine, but during the generation of the first world, it got to the second export, right after the counting of 112 sheep, got to "exporting (2/3)" and its been sitting there for the last half hour. This is the second time its done this. One of the videos I watched had it done in less than three minutes. Any ideas on the issue?

On 5/22/2020 at 9:50 PM, WallopingShark said:

If you're 100% sure you've installed the 64bit version then its likely got both the 32bit and 64bit version installed and its having trouble picking which one.

In Windows search bar type Java and click Configure Java

then Click the Java tab in the window that comes up

Click view

For it to be working correctly you should only be seeing one entry with "x86x64" in the Architecture column. If you have more than this, untick the others.

If you only have "x86" in the architecture column, then you only have a 32bit version installed.

10 hours ago, Diggah said:

If you're 100% sure you've installed the 64bit version then its likely got both the 32bit and 64bit version installed and its having trouble picking which one.

In Windows search bar type Java and click Configure Java

then Click the Java tab in the window that comes up

Click view

For it to be working correctly you should only be seeing one entry with "x86x64" in the Architecture column. If you have more than this, untick the others.

If you only have "x86" in the architecture column, then you only have a 32bit version installed.

This was the issue! I had to manually download the 64 bit version and turn off the 32 bit version. Thanks for the help, I'm currently counting sheep lol

Now I'm getting an issue where there aren't any buildings. Just roads of towns with only trees and rocks to see. It has happened to both of the maps I have attempted to create. The preview shows where buildings are meant to be but in game there is nothing. 

Edit: I forgot to actually put the compopack 43 stuff in the prefabs folder

Edited by WallopingShark (see edit history)

so to fix the Java issue, and also in my case get it outputting, yes you need Java 64 bit here https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp then when you install it, click remove to remove the old version then after this click the file again and install it this time.  After this goto nitrogen .exe and it should work for you!  The Jar one will load but not output from my experience.....

Also if anyone knows if you can use combo prefabs on a server let me know!

On 5/22/2020 at 3:50 PM, WallopingShark said:

I have the same issue. what are we suppose to do in this case?

17 hours ago, MyWind_MyGame said:

I have the same issue. what are we suppose to do in this case?

It has to do with the java version. I had only the 32bit version and needed the 64bit version. Go to the Configure Java app > Java > View. Under the Architecture column the 32bit will be x86 and the 64bit will be x84_64. I had to manually download the 64bit version because the normal download link would only give me the 32bit. 

https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_win64bit.xml

Under the Summary > Download Instructions will be links to both downloads, make sure you choose the 64bit, it will lead to another page with a manual download link for the 64bit. After downloading/installing the 64bit check the Configure Java app again and make sure you see the x86_64 in the View page. If you have it, make sure to disable the 32bit version. Start up the Nitrogen app and it should actually open this time. 

3 hours ago, cserack said:

is the nitrogen and the combopack  compatible with 18.4?

When I run my server it has multiple warnings that [xcostum.....] not found  and goes to the next...

what am I doing wrong..?

You have to put the prefabs from compopack into the prefabs folder of the game in programfiles

@Damocles by chance are you considering a cave system as mentioned in ?

an option in your menu to add a cave system in random mountain ranges would be awesome.  I also really like Roland's idea of having a submap just for expansive caves that way they don't interfere with the physics of above ground bases.  In fact the idea of a submap kind of plays into a suggestion I had posted under pimp dreams some time back.

Edited by morggin (see edit history)

3 hours ago, morggin said:

@Damocles by chance are you considering a cave system as mentioned in ?

an option in your menu to add a cave system in random mountain ranges would be awesome.  I also really like Roland's idea of having a submap just for expansive caves that way they don't interfere with the physics of above ground bases.  In fact the idea of a submap kind of plays into a suggestion I had posted under pimp dreams some time back.

A cave system like the one I talked about can only be implemented from the Fun Pimps side, as this requires new game logic.

The world files, as NitroGen prepares them, dont allow for creating actual voxel caves. It only allows to define the heightmap and look of the terrain, and where to place POIs.

A procedural cave needs to "cut out" the voxels after the terrain was defined. Only ingame logic can do that. 

One mod solution would be to have more large cave POIs. Thats where the prefab modders could do something (CompoPack etc).

13 hours ago, Damocles said:

A cave system like the one I talked about can only be implemented from the Fun Pimps side, as this requires new game logic.

The world files, as NitroGen prepares them, dont allow for creating actual voxel caves. It only allows to define the heightmap and look of the terrain, and where to place POIs.

A procedural cave needs to "cut out" the voxels after the terrain was defined. Only ingame logic can do that. 

One mod solution would be to have more large cave POIs. Thats where the prefab modders could do something (CompoPack etc).

I understand, thanks for the explanation.  

I put in another submission  to the Pimp Dreams.

Edited by morggin (see edit history)

For a 7 Days to Die Charity PvP-Event I  would like to genereate a very small map. Just 1024 in size would be enough.
But it seems that nitrogen is always resetting the manual size to 4096.

Is there any possibility to generate smaller maps?

@Damocles could you take a look at this matter, please?

PS: I just tried to use a 4k genHM.png but with a lot more water. The problem is that it could work, but Nitrogen is still generating streets in the water in order to fill the whole 4k. So this is not a valid workaround, unfortunately.

Edited by DerValiser (see edit history)