A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

Not sure if this has been asked before or not but....

Is it possible for Nitrogen to create tunnel and cave systems ?

Would be very interesting if this is possible or not.

Not possible with the current format of the world files. Must be either a custom POI or done in the gamecode

for procedural caves.

Hello.

I'm about to bring my created map to my rented server (gportal). Unfortunately, I do not get it out that the server also loads this map. Probably the problem has already been discussed in Tread and solved, but unfortunately my English is anything but good to read out the solution here.

Now I would like to ask if anyone here can speak German and can tell me how I must proceed?

Written with googel translator

Is there any way to share my map with my brother (who i play coop with)after i made a new map ? now i takes about 15 min or longer for him to download it and i cant play while he does that because we want to level up together. Sorry if i did not see the answer if someone else also asked this. For the rest its a great generator for maps and 16k maps only take 16 min to generate but that is with world smoothing on smoothest and with few road. Keep up the great work:encouragement:

Is there any way to share my map with my brother (who i play coop with)after i made a new map ? now i takes about 15 min or longer for him to download it and i cant play while he does that because we want to level up together. Sorry if i did not see the answer if someone else also asked this. For the rest its a great generator for maps and 16k maps only take 16 min to generate but that is with world smoothing on smoothest and with few road. Keep up the great work:encouragement:

I thought I saw it mentioned that the map could just be put on a disk/flashdrive and copied that way. I imagine he would just have to add it to the Generatedworld folder where his other ones are.

I thought I saw it mentioned that the map could just be put on a disk/flashdrive and copied that way. I imagine he would just have to add it to the Generatedworld folder where his other ones are.

Yeah but i generated it and the maps he downloaded (those i made) from when he tryes to join my game are not in that map so should that work?

and next question is there a way to make a hight map from a specific area in Zwitserland? and if so does anyone know how to use that one? ow and i use the tool nitrogen to generate maps for 7 days to die and they say its possible but there are no tutorials on YouTube how to make a hight map and how to use it in nitrogen so :S if anyone can help me out that would be great because then i can play a map what me and my brother recognize a bit from our youth.

This is an impressive RWG. Is there a way by chance to adjust the average surface elevation/depth to bedrock?

Since they moved bedrock to +3, I feel like I am missing 50+ blocks of tunneling room and I cannot dig the super deep tunnels I was used to doing in previous builds.

For example if the "sea level" of the map is currently at 35 meters, is there a way to make that more like 50?

It would make the average elevation higher, valleys deeper, and mountains less high relative to the average.

What category does the Indian burial grounds fall under? Outback POI?

Edited by Grue (see edit history)

Damocles,

I came across an unusual road-generation behavior in a 4K test map I made. The paths and roads were going into the POIs from various sides, and going all over the place. I wonder if this may be a bug, or a limitation due to the very small map size?

In case you may be interested in seeing the result for yourself, here are the files and details:

The test map I made can be found [Here].

For this 4k test map, I added the fixed version (Y-Z axis values swapped) of backdownhipi's Mctaco list into my copy of NitroGen (v0.355).

The settings used can be found below in the following screenshot.

1417942006_NitroGen4KTestgeneration.jpg.7facf02c4f0189bf104b6278c224c6d5.jpg

Thanks again for your awesome map generator!

In several different maps I see a bunch of spiderweb roads running parallel routes to POIs that are right next to each other instead of using a common road to access the area.

I feel like the road generation would benefit from code to strongly encourage the roads to seek and connect with other nearby roads whenever possible.

Edited by Grue (see edit history)

Hey all.

I tried to use the NitroGen v0.355 alpha but got an error:

running generation thread
... running terrain generation ...
image saved: C:\Users\Me\Desktop\7DTD\NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/FlatLanders/radiation.png
Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
       at java.awt.image.DataBufferByte.<init>(Unknown Source)
       at java.awt.image.Raster.createInterleavedRaster(Unknown Source)
       at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(Unknown Source)
       at nitrogen.terraingen.c.b(Unknown Source)
       at nitrogen.gui.NitroGenUI.run(Unknown Source)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Ran it using java -Xmx6g -jar nitrogen.jar.

Java version is 1.8.0_221

Anyone else has the same issue?

By the way, an option to save/load configs would be great. :p

Also, I tried a 4k map which starts the generation, but crashes at step 2 as well.

exporting (1/3)
exporting (2/3)
image saved: C:\Users\Me\Desktop\7DTD\NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/NitroGenMap/genHM.png
Exception in thread "Thread-2" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at java.awt.image.DataBufferInt.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.Raster.createPackedRaster(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(Unknown Source)
at nitrogen.terraingen.c.b(Unknown Source)
at nitrogen.gui.NitroGenUI.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)[/Code]

Oh, and I'm on windows 7 if it matters.

:D

@Damocles:

Long time since I wrote Java code ... But would it be possible to read out the runtime word size as well as the heap limit setting and a) show it on the UI somewhere and maybe b) give the user a big warning window when not running 64 bit and a heap setting of at least e.g. 6 GiB? Think that would help a lot with those issues :)

:D

@Damocles:

Long time since I wrote Java code ... But would it be possible to read out the runtime word size as well as the heap limit setting and a) show it on the UI somewhere and maybe b) give the user a big warning window when not running 64 bit and a heap setting of at least e.g. 6 GiB? Think that would help a lot with those issues :)

Hi Alloc,

there is one check during startup that tests a runtime property that is available in "standard" 64 Java (covering most JVMs)

private void checkBitVersion()
{
 String bitModelProperty=System.getProperty("sun.arch.data.model");
 if(bitModelProperty==null || !bitModelProperty.equalsIgnoreCase("64")) 
 {
   Log.log("\n\n#### WARNING #####\nCannot detect a 64 bit Java VM, you might run this programm in 32 a bit Java VM. please make sure 
   you run a 64 bit installation of Java to avoid out of memory errors\n##############\n");
 }
}

could be a window popup.

The JavaVM is a bit weired in detecting its own properties.

As far as i know, the primitive datatypes are always the same byte size in all JVMs.

Hello.

I'm about to bring my created map to my rented server (gportal). Unfortunately, I do not get it out that the server also loads this map. Probably the problem has already been discussed in Tread and solved, but unfortunately my English is anything but good to read out the solution here.

Now I would like to ask if anyone here can speak German and can tell me how I must proceed?

Written with googel translator

Greetings,

It's been some time since I logged in the last time; therefore I don't know whether or not your issue has been solved. Anyway, what you are looking for is described in the first post on this thread's first page. (Instructions by zootal.)

In German:

(Ich duze einfach mal.)

Du brauchst solcherlei Zugriff auf den Server, dass Du über eine Fernverbindung (Remote Desktop Connection, PuTTY, was auch immer) Dateien dorthin übertragen kannst. Gportal kenne ich persِnlich nicht, also hoffe ich mal, dass Du entsprechenden Zugriff hast.

Für die Serververwaltung kann ich RAT empfehlen https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?38806-7D2D-RAT-Remote-Admin-Tool/. Damit kannst Du auch den Server für NitroGen-Karten konfigurieren. Gibt aber sicherlich auch andere gute Programme, die den gleichen Zweck erfüllen.

1.) In der Datei serverconfig.xml in Deinem 7 Days to Die-Verzeichnis musst Du den "SaveGameFolder" und den "UserDataFolder" definieren, und zwar so, dass beide Werte auf denselben Ordner zeigen (z.B. "/home1/sd/saved_games", wie im Beispiel von zootal beschrieben):

<property name="SaveGameFolder" value="/home1/sd/saved_games" />

<property name="UserDataFolder" value="/home1/sd/saved_games" />

Diesen Ordner (den Namen kannst Du selbstverstنndlich frei wنhlen) legst Du an, und *in* diesem Ordner erstellst Du das Verzeichnis "GeneratedWorlds". Mit den oben erwنhnten Verzeichnisnamen als Beispiel sنhe die Verzeichnisstruktur dann so aus:

/home1/sd/saved_games/GeneratedWorlds

2.) Jetzt musst Du in der serverconfig.xml noch Werte für die Spielwelt, den Seed, die Weltengrِكe und den Spielenamen (für die Speicherstنnde) eintragen, z.B. diese hier:

<property name="GameWorld" value="NitroGenMap"/>

<property name="WorldGenSeed" value="NitroGenMap"/>

<property name="WorldGenSize" value="4096"/>

<property name="GameName" value="Mein_Spiel"/>

zootal schreibt, dass er für den Seed und den Weltennamen den gleichen Wert genommen hat, er sich aber nicht sicher ist, ob es unbedingt nِtig ist, dass der Name derselbe ist. Ich selbst habe auch einen eigenen Server aufgesetzt und die gleichen Namen genommen. Damit klappt es auf jeden Fall (schreibt auch zootal).

3.) Jetzt generierst Du mit NitroGen Deine Karte, wobei der Kartenordnername derselbe sein muss, den Du oben in der Config beim Seed und Spielenamen eingetragen hast. Entsprechend muss auch die Kartengrِكe dieselbe sein.

4.) Jetzt packst Du am besten den erstellten NitroGen-Kartenordner im "Output"-Ordner von NitroGen, z.B. mit 7-Zip. So brauchst Du nur eine Datei zu transferieren, was sehr angenehm ist. Auf dem Server brauchst Du dann natürlich auch ein Programm zum Entpacken (7-Zip).

Jetzt kopierst Du die gepackte Karte auf Deinen Server und entpackst sie im zuvor erstellten "GeneratedWorlds"-Ordner. Mit den Beispielnamen von oben sنhe die Verzeichnisstruktur dann so aus:

/home1/sd/saved_games/GeneratedWorlds/NitroGenMap

5.) Jetzt starte den 7 Days to Die-Server, und er sollte Dir die Server-Karte aus der kopierten NitroGen-Karte generieren. (Bei mir hat's sehr gut geklappt. Alle erwنhnten Einstellungen kannst Du z.B. auch mit RAT vornehmen.)

Dann kannst Du Dich mit dem 7DTD-Server verbinden.

Viel Erfolg!

Greetings,

It's been some time since I logged in the last time; therefore I don't know whether or not your issue has been solved. Anyway, what you are looking for is described in the first post on this thread's first page. (Instructions by zootal.)

In German:

(Ich duze einfach mal.)

Du brauchst solcherlei Zugriff auf den Server, dass Du über eine Fernverbindung (Remote Desktop Connection, PuTTY, was auch immer) Dateien dorthin übertragen kannst. Gportal kenne ich persِnlich nicht, also hoffe ich mal, dass Du entsprechenden Zugriff hast.

Für die Serververwaltung kann ich RAT empfehlen https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?38806-7D2D-RAT-Remote-Admin-Tool/. Damit kannst Du auch den Server für NitroGen-Karten konfigurieren. Gibt aber sicherlich auch andere gute Programme, die den gleichen Zweck erfüllen.

1.) In der Datei serverconfig.xml in Deinem 7 Days to Die-Verzeichnis musst Du den "SaveGameFolder" und den "UserDataFolder" definieren, und zwar so, dass beide Werte auf denselben Ordner zeigen (z.B. "/home1/sd/saved_games", wie im Beispiel von zootal beschrieben):

<property name="SaveGameFolder" value="/home1/sd/saved_games" />

<property name="UserDataFolder" value="/home1/sd/saved_games" />

Diesen Ordner (den Namen kannst Du selbstverstنndlich frei wنhlen) legst Du an, und *in* diesem Ordner erstellst Du das Verzeichnis "GeneratedWorlds". Mit den oben erwنhnten Verzeichnisnamen als Beispiel sنhe die Verzeichnisstruktur dann so aus:

/home1/sd/saved_games/GeneratedWorlds

2.) Jetzt musst Du in der serverconfig.xml noch Werte für die Spielwelt, den Seed, die Weltengrِكe und den Spielenamen (für die Speicherstنnde) eintragen, z.B. diese hier:

<property name="WorldGenSize" value="4096"/>

<property name="GameName" value="Mein_Spiel"/>

zootal schreibt, dass er für den Seed und den Weltennamen den gleichen Wert genommen hat, er sich aber nicht sicher ist, ob es unbedingt nِtig ist, dass der Name derselbe ist. Ich selbst habe auch einen eigenen Server aufgesetzt und die gleichen Namen genommen. Damit klappt es auf jeden Fall (schreibt auch zootal).

3.) Jetzt generierst Du mit NitroGen Deine Karte, wobei der Kartenordnername derselbe sein muss, den Du oben in der Config beim Seed und Spielenamen eingetragen hast. Entsprechend muss auch die Kartengrِكe dieselbe sein.

4.) Jetzt packst Du am besten den erstellten NitroGen-Kartenordner im "Output"-Ordner von NitroGen, z.B. mit 7-Zip. So brauchst Du nur eine Datei zu transferieren, was sehr angenehm ist. Auf dem Server brauchst Du dann natürlich auch ein Programm zum Entpacken (7-Zip).

Jetzt kopierst Du die gepackte Karte auf Deinen Server und entpackst sie im zuvor erstellten "GeneratedWorlds"-Ordner. Mit den Beispielnamen von oben sنhe die Verzeichnisstruktur dann so aus:

/home1/sd/saved_games/GeneratedWorlds/NitroGenMap

5.) Jetzt starte den 7 Days to Die-Server, und er sollte Dir die Server-Karte aus der kopierten NitroGen-Karte generieren. (Bei mir hat's sehr gut geklappt. Alle erwنhnten Einstellungen kannst Du z.B. auch mit RAT vornehmen.)

Dann kannst Du Dich mit dem 7DTD-Server verbinden.

Viel Erfolg!

Ich bin Ein Berliner

Ich habe es vor kurzem geschafft die Map zu laden, jedoch, so wie es scheint, etwa einfacher.

Nachdem ich die Map erstellt und Offline gestartet hatte, habe ich die Dateien im Ordner Users\Nutzer\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\NitroGenMap\Test per FileZilla in denn \saves Ordner des Servers geschoben. Dann habe ich in den serverconfig Folgende Werte geنndert damit der Seedname und Weltname gleich ist.

<property name="GameName" value="Test"/>

Was ich nun aber vergessen habe ist das der GameWorld eintrag noch auf RWG gestellt war und dadurch die Welt immer wieder vom Server eben als RWG neu erstellt wurde. Da das Dashboard auf der website bei der auswahl der GameWorld nur RWG und Navezgane zulنsst musste ich denn eintrag auch auf

نndern damit der Server die Datein des Ordners nimmt ohne sie zu überschreiben.

Jetzt darf ich aber keine نnderungen im Dashboard mehr ausführen da er es, wenn man es speichert, sofort wieder denn mit RWG überschreibt. Also alles nun manuell mit serverconfig abنndern.

Kann es sein das die Anleitung für Server ist die man komplett selber aufsetzen muss? Ich habe bei gPortal automatisch ein 7dtd Sevrer erstellt bekommen und musste zb Punkt 1 und 2 gar nie machen.

Edited by Eddenbaum (see edit history)