A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

New version online: version 0.341

NitroGen Download

Improved road network. There are many more long-distance roads now generated.

Next to the normal roads between cities and towns, there are also roads to traders, farms, rednecks and old western towns.

Some roads lead high up to mountain huts, but might eventually turn into steep narrow hiking trails. Enjoy the vistas.

hiking_trails_1.jpg

Example splat road map of a default 8k map:

splatNew.jpg

Damocles

Question .. I just tried to generate 1 of my 12288 maps on the new version A 0.341 and I got a message saying: ( Array Index out of range ) .. a first for that .. is the new build limited on size.

I got that too, but once I dropped the biome sizes in the config file down from 0.24 to 0.12, it generated the map.

I got that too, but once I dropped the biome sizes in the config file down from 0.24 to 0.12, it generated the map.

Yep .. Same here ,, reduced it to the 8k and it ran .. world mapping was 560/560 in 4 min _ 13 sec and my 12288 world normally take between 10 to 13 minutes.

Preview looked good .. But now need to check the real thing.

I have a different problem... I love the tool, but not the tiny specs of burnt forest and wasteland. I have tried to hand paint the biomes to my liking in Photoshop CS5 using the hex biome colors out of the biomes.xml file, but every time I do that, I get unknown biome color errors when generating the map to play on my server. Anybody have any suggestions?

Damocles

Question .. I just tried to generate 1 of my 12288 maps on the new version A 0.341 and I got a message saying: ……….. ( Array Index out of range ) .. a first for that .. is the new build limited on size.

Hi, I cant reproduce an array index out of range Exception), a 12288 x 12288 map generated on the default settings was generating fine,

also with the N/S biome set to:

BIOME_NORTH = 0.24

BIOME_SOUTH = 0.24

---

Was there and specific options you choose, a more detailed message at what stage in the generation an error was throwns?

Also: the values in the config.txt do not have a sanity check when set out of range. The generator is using them raw, so change them with caution, until I add some value range comments later.

The config file can change a lot between versions, so dont use an old one, but rather edit in the custom values onto the new file.

I have a different problem... I love the tool, but not the tiny specs of burnt forest and wasteland. I have tried to hand paint the biomes to my liking in Photoshop CS5 using the hex biome colors out of the biomes.xml file, but every time I do that, I get unknown biome color errors when generating the map to play on my server. Anybody have any suggestions?

I will add in a tool later, that "cleans up" biomes.png to set wrong colored pixels to a working default value.

7DtD is very picky about the right color values when loading in the biomes.png (also the alpha value)

Here are the internal values used in NitroGen for reference.

public static final int BIOME_COL_FOREST=0xFF004000;

public static final int BIOME_COL_SNOW=0xFFFFFFFF;

public static final int BIOME_COL_DESERT=0xFFFFE477;

public static final int BIOME_COL_BURNED_FOREST=0xffba00ff;

public static final int BIOME_COL_WASTELAND=0xffffa800;

Caves are by far my most missed element of RWG.

With river being back in RWG with Nitro, Caves are the last element that is truly missing for me.

Procedural caves unfortunately cant be defined within the world-files. It can only set the (2D) terrain, and place POIs. They require some new code on the Fun Pimps side.

There are some cave POIs in the world. But procedural ones are not possible ATM.

Procedural caves unfortunately cant be defined within the world-files. It can only set the (2D) terrain, and place POIs. They require some new code on the Fun Pimps side.

There are some cave POIs in the world. But procedural ones are not possible ATM.

I definitely understand that. What I would like to see is just more caves. I would be more than fine with a few predefined mines that aren't so "developed/commercial" looking. Currently everything right now feels very discovered. I would like more of a small hole in the ground that opens up to a significant chamber and ore veins.

I will say though, I sure miss the days of running through the forest and falling through the ceiling of a mine and plunging into water 20' below. That is exciting stuff! A couple prefab caves of that sort would be fun and add a lot to the random nature of the world.

I will add in a tool later, that "cleans up" biomes.png to set wrong colored pixels to a working default value.

7DtD is very picky about the right color values when loading in the biomes.png (also the alpha value)

Here are the internal values used in NitroGen for reference.

public static final int BIOME_COL_FOREST=0xFF004000;

public static final int BIOME_COL_SNOW=0xFFFFFFFF;

public static final int BIOME_COL_DESERT=0xFFFFE477;

public static final int BIOME_COL_BURNED_FOREST=0xffba00ff;

public static final int BIOME_COL_WASTELAND=0xffffa800;

Thanks! That would be great!

1178431640_OutofRange2.thumb.jpg.0bb105edf4763099056b2daeac8da0ed.jpg

Damocles .. Here is a File copy of my basic maps .. I made ( 1 ) change to ( few ) on Big Lakes and it Ran .. OR .. make the change on ( Traders to many instead of Lots and leave big lakes as default it Will run) .. so it is something between the 2 of them .. that makes _ Array Index Out of Range happen.

Just wanted to let you know.

Thank you for a great tool

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28642[/ATTACH]

Damocles .. Here is a File copy of my basic maps .. I made ( 1 ) change to ( few ) on Big Lakes and it Ran .. OR .. make the change on ( Traders to many instead of Lots and leave big lakes as default it Will run) .. so it is something between the 2 of them .. that makes _ Array Index Out of Range happen.

Just wanted to let you know.

Thank you for a great tool

I can check if the area gets saturated, causing some problems to find free spots for POIs.

You could try to reduce the sizes of cities and towns.

Edit: i think i have found the bug. It can happen when a trader was not placed, but wants to connect a road.

For now you could try to keep the map less populated (less or smaller cities)

Edited by Damocles (see edit history)

I can check if the area gets saturated, causing some problems to find free spots for POIs.

You could try to reduce the sizes of cities and towns.

Edit: i think i have found the bug. It can happen when a trader was not placed, but wants to connect a road.

For now you could try to keep the map less populated (less or smaller cities)

Glad you were able to find it .. I have a youtuber that uses my maps after I check them out for balance .. But one thing I have noticed .. Is when I do .. Traders .. Lots .. (near towns) .. it will group a lot in one location area .. as in the map I'm checking now .. I have 4 in the SW Corner and 5 in the NW corner and the rest are here and there .. Is there a way to do near and not so grouped .. Just wondering .. I can live with it myself .. but was wondering.

As always .. Have Fun and Enjoy … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Uploaded a fixed Version 0.342 (fixing the array-exception that might occur)

------------

ALSO included: , a command-line tool called BiomeFixer

a simple tool to load biomes.png images for 7DtD and fix any misaligned colors

The output file will have a different name on default, so you need to rename it afterwards.

You can also set the color that the image should have on misaligned pixels (Forest, Desert etc)

-> makes it less "risky" to have misaligned colors in the biomes.png if you edit it yourself.

(so you dont need to have the game load it, and check the debug log)

You could set the default to burned forest to see miscolored pixels quicker then, or clean up an image with a few errors in it.

-----------

Edit:

I can see about the traders distribution to keep some distance.

Best is to not have the map too crowded. But I can see about generating them before towns, so they might end up within towns, but not compete for the remaining space around one area.

Uploaded a fixed Version 0.342 (fixing the array-exception that might occur)

------------

ALSO included: , a command-line tool called BiomeFixer

a simple tool to load biomes.png images for 7DtD and fix any misaligned colors

The output file will have a different name on default, so you need to rename it afterwards.

You can also set the color that the image should have on misaligned pixels (Forest, Desert etc)

-> makes it less "risky" to have misaligned colors in the biomes.png if you edit it yourself.

(so you dont need to have the game load it, and check the debug log)

You could set the default to burned forest to see miscolored pixels quicker then, or clean up an image with a few errors in it.

-----------

Edit:

I can see about the traders distribution to keep some distance.

Best is to not have the map too crowded. But I can see about generating them before towns, so they might end up within towns, but not compete for the remaining space around one area.

If I don't specify a biome type to test, will it automatically attempt to fix all biome types? Or does it do that regardless whether or not I specify a biome type? Thanks for this fixer!

If I don't specify a biome type to test, will it automatically attempt to fix all biome types? Or does it do that regardless whether or not I specify a biome type? Thanks for this fixer!

The default replacement is Forest. You can change it with the parameter.

It just checks every pixel if its one of the correct biomes, if not replaces it with the default biome.

New version online: v 0.35 (same download link)

A big road update: much improved road generation code, better intersections between roads and to POIs.

Each POI-settlement is now connected to a road (either a main road or small dead end country road).

Mountain huts and outback POIs now can come in small groups, and receive a road connection.

Overall roads are smoother than before.

Hey, just tried running this with the updated Ravenhearst using the prefablist generator listed on the 1st post. Unfortunately it got so far then I got a heap of errors saying there were no houses, outback pois, car lots etc defined in the prefab, not sure what to try from here but any help would be greatly appreciated as this is quite frankly the best world generator and having it work with Ravenhearst makes it even more incredible!

exporting (1/3)

exporting (2/3)

image saved: C:\7D2D\NitroGen_WorldGenerator (2)\NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/NitroGenMap/genHM.png

exporting (3/3)

image saved: C:\7D2D\NitroGen_WorldGenerator (2)\NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/NitroGenMap/biomes.png

... terrain generation ... DONE ...

... running world mapping ...

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type houses

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type industrial

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type trader

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type mountain

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type farm

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type hillbillytrailer

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type hillbillyjunk

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type oldwest

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type carlot

Edited by GaleKast
Added error list (see edit history)

I have not checked the prefablist (made by another user),

but you could fix it yourself by adding the zone-types to the POIs,

in the simples case just add

[..the forum software adds some spaces to this list..]

alone;mountain;farm;houses;smalltown;downtown;industrial;citycenter;oldwest;hillbillytrailer;hillbillyjunk;carlot

to the end of each entry (if it does not contain a zone already)

like:

abandoned_house_01,RESIDENTIALOLD,2,-1,24,21,26,alone;mountain;farm;houses;smalltown;downtown;industrial;citycenter;oldwest;hillbillytrailer;hillbillyjunk;carlot

and also have at least one trader marked trader.

This should allow you to load and use the prefablist. It would then just be a bit random in the world, as those zone descriptions asign POIs to a meaningful location.

Hey, just tried running this with the updated Ravenhearst using the prefablist generator listed on the 1st post. Unfortunately it got so far then I got a heap of errors saying there were no houses, outback pois, car lots etc defined in the prefab, not sure what to try from here but any help would be greatly appreciated as this is quite frankly the best world generator and having it work with Ravenhearst makes it even more incredible!

exporting (1/3)

exporting (2/3)

image saved: C:\7D2D\NitroGen_WorldGenerator (2)\NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/NitroGenMap/genHM.png

exporting (3/3)

image saved: C:\7D2D\NitroGen_WorldGenerator (2)\NitroGen_WorldGenerator/output/NitroGenMap/biomes.png

... terrain generation ... DONE ...

... running world mapping ...

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type houses

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type industrial

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type trader

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type mountain

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type farm

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type hillbillytrailer

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type hillbillyjunk

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type oldwest

Warning: prefab list does not contain POIs of type carlot

I have not checked the prefablist (made by other another user),

but you could fix it yourself by adding the zone-types to the POIs,

in the simples case just add

[..the forum software adds some spaces to this list..]

alone;mountain;farm;houses;smalltown;downtown;industrial;citycenter;oldwest;hillbillytrailer;hillbillyjunk;carlot

to the end of each entry (if it does not contain a zone already)

like:

abandoned_house_01,RESIDENTIALOLD,2,-1,24,21,26,alone;mountain;farm;houses;smalltown;downtown;industrial;citycenter;oldwest;hillbillytrailer;hillbillyjunk;carlot

and also have at least one trader marked trader.

This should allow you to load and use the prefablist. It would then just be a bit random in the world, as those zone descriptions asign POIs to a meaningful location.

@GaleKast:

The prefablist generator is made for extracting the POI information. To make such a list work in NitroGen, you have to add the respective POI NitroGen zone data, as mentioned by Damocles.

Thanks for the heads-up with Ravenhearst; I'll update the lists for the new version when I have the time.

Damocles

Quick question .. what is the pixel color code for traders .. been trying to figure that one out .. without much success.

Thank You and have a great weekend … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Hi, traders are not includes int the mask yet. Will come when i implement some smaller features.

I wanted to first get the roads done in a better way.

• SylenThunder changed the title to A19e Nitrogen - a Random World Generator for 7DTD
  • SylenThunder changed the title to A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE
  • SylenThunder locked this topic