A19e Nitrogen - UNSTABLE

Damocles

Biome looks good! I am changing the one from RH back to more vanilla-ish, the million static trees look too fake and lifeless. Ok for the charred and wasteland region but not the pine forest.

Heightmaps are not hard, it's just a greyscale image, aim to work within RGB 10,10,10 - 250,250,250, just mess around, soon you will be creating cool things! I started trying to make continents like North America and Australia and I did, just that the elevation changes didn't translate well to actual gameplay so I ended up starting from scratch instead.

I want to add a POI to my prefablist for citycenter

wanted some explaination about these values

name,COMMERCIAL;DOWNTOWN;RESIDENTIAL,1,-1,58,68,48,citycenter

I know what they are ( face north, y-offset, x,y,z ) for but how do I determine which values to put in for these?

Hi GneX,download the prefablist generator by Xylvier,with this you will know the right position and it's easy to use.

Here: Prefablist-Generator by Xylvier

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wfp...hFInbvTuC/view

Happy Holidays to all.

Edited by Gouki (see edit history)

Even with everything off , and low as it can be its the same error on compo pack 42 and vanilla ...

https://prnt.sc/qgwrd2

https://prnt.sc/qgwrqr

USE ,, Import from (( Resources )) .. Not the " Existing Output Folder"(nothing is in output folder Until you generate a map, unless you have put game info in that folder.)

In other words you are building a world with no info and that is causing the error.

AND make sure you are using 64 java .. that is a manual download.

ALSO .. Make sure you have Compo 42 files are in the Vanilla prefab list folder ( IN the Steam Game folder )or it will not create compo42 .. you will have a lot of empty spaces. (a map with only vanilla prefab's on it)

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

quick question: the "unique" marker for prefablist if I have citycenter;unique does it mean it will spawn only once per city or only once per map?

Hi Gnex, only allows the spawning of prefabs in it to say a limit of 1 per map not per zone.

Happy Holidays to all.

USE ,, Import from (( Resources )) .. Not the " Existing Output Folder"(nothing is in output folder Until you generate a map, unless you have put game info in that folder.)

In other words you are building a world with no info and that is causing the error.

AND make sure you are using 64 java .. that is a manual download.

ALSO .. Make sure you have Compo 42 files are in the Vanilla prefab list folder ( IN the Steam Game folder )or it will not create compo42 .. you will have a lot of empty spaces. (a map with only vanilla prefab's on it)

I did everything whats on this video

and its still the same heres what im getting when i try to make it with start_8G_Ram_16kMaps https://prnt.sc/qhdo2s

I did everything whats on this video
and its still the same heres what im getting when i try to make it with start_8G_Ram_16kMaps https://prnt.sc/qhdo2s

@ Cread .. Sorry have no clue what you are doing wrong .. Something_somewhere is not set-up correctly or a file is in the wrong place or did not transfer correct.

I've even made RH maps and haven't had any problems, as long as files are in the correct place.

But I have always used the "resource" as import from.

One note .. don't try to make a 16K map on a low Ram computer, stay with 8k and 10k and if you only have 8G of ram .. " Only " a 8K map.

here is another video to check out ..

.. just a thought

Also: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp … 64 bit Java ( Windows Offline (64-bit) ) is the one you want.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before.

What are Darkness Falls zones?

Thanks!

It also seems to be when I make a world with darkness falls zones. When i load into the game, I have no cursor, can't even esc or anything? Is this a bug?

Those are zones specific to the Darkness Falls mod. They are recommended heck required if you play that mod otherwise you will be missing out on a LOT of the mod's content.

Edited by Reytag (see edit history)

Those are zones specific to the Darkness Falls mod. They are recommended heck required if you play that mod otherwise you will be missing out on a LOT of the mod's content.

Ohhhh okay, so don't check mark that unless I have Darkness Falls installed or playing that mod specifically.

Don't just add it without using the entire mod.

I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on adding a POI for me. I've gotten maps with NitroGen created no issues. I've installed the COMBO pack, no issues. I have gone through the steps Damocles outlined for this process and my POI does not get added.

Steps:

#1 download and install Done

#2 edit the included resources/prefablist.txt Done

add a new line to this list, using the following format:

my_poi_name, something(not read), 2(face north), y-offset, x-wide, y-high, z-deep, NitroGet-Zone

the y-offset is usually -1 for most flat pois with a ground layer. The x,y,z dimensions are visible in the prefabeditor.

example:

cantadians_super_shop, COMMERCIAL, 2, -1, 34, 20, 45, smalltown;downtown;houses

Done. Actually there are three prefablist.txt files in NitroGen and I added it to all three

#3 start NitroGen and generate a new world Done

#4 copy the generated world to the games "GeneratedWorlds" folder Done

You can check if your prefab was inserted by looking at the generated prefabs.xml, and look for the pois Prefab is not present

Loading world, prefab is not added. I can load the world editor and add it no problem.

I don't understand what is not working here.

@ Cread .. Sorry have no clue what you are doing wrong .. Something_somewhere is not set-up correctly or a file is in the wrong place or did not transfer correct.

I've even made RH maps and haven't had any problems, as long as files are in the correct place.

But I have always used the "resource" as import from.

One note .. don't try to make a 16K map on a low Ram computer, stay with 8k and 10k and if you only have 8G of ram .. " Only " a 8K map.

here is another video to check out ..

.. just a thought

Also: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp … 64 bit Java ( Windows Offline (64-bit) ) is the one you want.

@... i cant believe that i couldnt use this program only because of such simple thing ... all i needed to do is make folder ,,output,, and thats all.. ffs why this program cant make this folder on his own...

@... i cant believe that i couldnt use this program only because of such simple thing ... all i needed to do is make folder ,,output,, and thats all.. ffs why this program cant make this folder on his own...

I have the output folder automatically i didnt have to make it myself.... 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Yes .. That is a normal operation of Nitrogen .. You had a bad install or something else went wrong.

So... is this a known bug. Since using Nitrogen.

I am getting this issue whenever loading into a game. I can't move my player. It works fine sometimes, but more times than not, it's broken.

No mouse, cant scroll wheel the toolbelt, can't even press ESC i have to control alt del the game?

I never had this issue before.

I can press F1 to bring up the console. But that's it.