How many days would the real you survive?

Maharin

the real me in 7d2d?

somewhat between 5 and 50 minutes...

on the search for food i see that lake... "oh there are bunnies and a huge direwolf on the island... " so i sit down under the oaktree, smoke a jo... Cigar, watch the wildlife and the Clouds passing by...

and either i get a headshot from you guys, because i looked like sleeper, or beeing eaten alive, because the weird ambientsounds, wich overlay the other sounds like growling, footsteps, chewing on my leg... :D

I dont think any of us would survive the first day. All there's needed is to run across one zombie dog and you're @%$#ed. Plain and simple. Before you get mauled to death, you'll surely freak out and run like hell, grabbing the attention of surrounding zombies and they'll just come after you. If any of them are Feral, the countdown to death will tick even faster. Game over! 😆

15 minutes ago, Kyonshi said:

I dont think any of us would survive the first day. All there's needed is to run across one zombie dog and you're @%$#ed. Plain and simple. Before you get mauled to death, you'll surely freak out and run like hell, grabbing the attention of surrounding zombies and they'll just come after you. If any of them are Feral, the countdown to death will tick even faster. Game over! 😆

That might depend on the difficulty setting.  Zombie dogs are very killable for me on day one at the default difficulty setting.  :p

39 minutes ago, Maharin said:

That might depend on the difficulty setting.  Zombie dogs are very killable for me on day one at the default difficulty setting.  :p

Yes absolutely. But real life doesnt have that feature 😉 I wouldnt have much trouble with a zombie poodle but a zombie doberman? Yikes lol!

In the "real" apocalypse, the winter biome would be effective. I've lived on the Greenland ice sheet for months at a time. Nothing lives out there. Eventually, the zombie dogs, people, etc. will run out of nutrients and die off. I just have to outlive them. 250 miles from the nearest civilization of 600 people. Considering that not even birds were able to live there, I'll be fine. I even have a cute little shelter pictured here that I can stay at.

145.JPG

3 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

You could die of boredom... :bored:

I spent a month and a half basically living in two tents (sleeping shelter and mess tent). The Dye-2 Station pictured above is 6 stories and packed with a bar, shuffle board, kitchen, top secret listening room, 3 radars, and a ton of cool hidden areas to explore. I'm not saying it's for everyone, but it's kind of like "extreme camping" for me. Mind you, the storms can last for weeks at a time which does grind on the mind a bit. If I have my solar panel, my laptop, and a copy of 7 Days to die...I'll be fine. If I'm not bored of it with 8,000+ hours, I doubt I'll get tired of it anytime soon.

351.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ti2xGr said:

I spent a month and a half basically living in two tents (sleeping shelter and mess tent). The Dye-2 Station pictured above is 6 stories and packed with a bar, shuffle board, kitchen, top secret listening room, 3 radars, and a ton of cool hidden areas to explore. I'm not saying it's for everyone, but it's kind of like "extreme camping" for me. Mind you, the storms can last for weeks at a time which does grind on the mind a bit. If I have my solar panel, my laptop, and a copy of 7 Days to die...I'll be fine. If I'm not bored of it with 8,000+ hours, I doubt I'll get tired of it anytime soon.

351.jpg

It's all nice and dandy, but... are there nice ladies over there? :eyebrows:

53 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

It's all nice and dandy, but... are there nice ladies over there? :eyebrows:

It depends on the traverse to be blunt. Are there hot female scientists? Yes, definitely. Most from my experience. If you are a scientist going out in the field in the most extreme environment in the world, you have to be in excellent shape. We are all required to get complete medical checkups several times before we are allowed to go out. There is tons of physical labor involved in science teams. Everyone has to be able to handle a 1 meter drill filled with a 6" ice core and 18 meters of fiberglass pole, dig multiple 8x8x8 pits by hand and then fill them back up. Building wind blocks and setting up a 15 man shelter in an 80mph snow storm at 11:00 pm. No medical conditions or risks are an important part, as we are a very small team (6-12 people) living together with only two EMTs. Most of the women on our team rock climb, mountain climb, and do other extreme sports in their off-time. 

Better hope it is stocked with food when you get there...  Hiking food back and forth from the coast might be challenging at times, if there are even things to hunt/fish at the coast.  I'm sure time of year and where you are in Greenland make a difference, too.

I've watched more than few shows on life in Antarctica, including winters, and even read a fictional book or two on that.  I'll have to check out Greenland.  I highly doubt I'd last an hour there in the real world, but watching from a distance is doable.  :p

On an unrelated note, a houseboat in the tropics would also be a good zombie-proof lifestyle.

1 hour ago, Ti2xGr said:

It depends on the traverse to be blunt. Are there hot female scientists? Yes, definitely. Most from my experience. If you are a scientist going out in the field in the most extreme environment in the world, you have to be in excellent shape. We are all required to get complete medical checkups several times before we are allowed to go out. There is tons of physical labor involved in science teams. Everyone has to be able to handle a 1 meter drill filled with a 6" ice core and 18 meters of fiberglass pole, dig multiple 8x8x8 pits by hand and then fill them back up. Building wind blocks and setting up a 15 man shelter in an 80mph snow storm at 11:00 pm. No medical conditions or risks are an important part, as we are a very small team (6-12 people) living together with only two EMTs. Most of the women on our team rock climb, mountain climb, and do other extreme sports in their off-time. 

Wow! That's a lot of work for some ladies!

But I guess they're so fit that I picture you like this at the end of a hard day's work... :heh:

5 hours ago, Ti2xGr said:

The Dye-2 Station pictured above is 6 stories and packed with a bar, shuffle board, kitchen, top secret listening room, 3 radars, and a ton of cool hidden areas to explore. I'm not saying it's for everyone, but it's kind of like "extreme camping" for me. Mind you, the storms can last for weeks at a time which does grind on the mind a bit. If I have my solar panel, my laptop, and a copy of 7 Days to die...I'll be fine

But...you don't have a forge! How are you going to make glass jars? You have snow but how are you going to purify and drink it if you don't a have any glass jars and a campfire? You obviously won't have enough wood to keep these going for that long.....and no battery bank to store the solar power! You can't just wire this up without the wire clippers! SMH

(I would last 1 day)

1 minute ago, doughphunghus said:

But...you don't have a forge! How are you going to make glass jars? You have snow but how are you going to purify and drink it if you don't a have any glass jars and a campfire? You obviously won't have enough wood to keep these going for that long.....and no battery bank to store the solar power! You can't just wire this up without the wire clippers! SMH

Oh, there's plenty of barrels, cans and such. There's even beer still in the bar (left from 1982) still sitting on the counter. They even have generators. Mind you, my fuel probably won't last long and I don't know if I have enough fuel to dig the 2.5 miles down to the deposits. 

102.jpg

53 minutes ago, Ti2xGr said:

Oh, there's plenty of barrels, cans and such. There's even beer still in the bar (left from 1982) still sitting on the counter. They even have generators. Mind you, my fuel probably won't last long and I don't know if I have enough fuel to dig the 2.5 miles down to the deposits. 

102.jpg

given that pic, I can see why you would probably at least *try* to dig down to some deposits.  Those ...2.... cans on the left might be tempting after a good day of digging.

15 hours ago, Ti2xGr said:

In the "real" apocalypse, the winter biome would be effective. I've lived on the Greenland ice sheet for months at a time. Nothing lives out there. Eventually, the zombie dogs, people, etc. will run out of nutrients and die off. I just have to outlive them. 250 miles from the nearest civilization of 600 people. Considering that not even birds were able to live there, I'll be fine. I even have a cute little shelter pictured here that I can stay at.

145.JPG

If this scene were the real 7 Days to Die, there would be nothing but lumberjacks.

Archived