How many days would the real you survive?

Maharin

8 minutes ago, Roland said:

The joke was also about the incentive gamers feel to spend the first game week simply doing LBD activities before they start playing because they only want to actually play the game with skills that are already high instead of playing and naturally building up those skills over time in an organic way. That is the weakness of every LBD game out there. They are all exploitable and tempt the player to play in an unnatural way.

But but, you're one completely natural post away from Poe? :)

33 minutes ago, Roland said:

The joke was also about the incentive gamers feel to spend the first game week simply doing LBD activities before they start playing because they only want to actually play the game with skills that are already high instead of playing and naturally building up those skills over time in an organic way.

Agree, and I think the games themselves don't help as much as they could. There are ways to do LBD, IMO, which reward the player for doing without giving incentives for doing over and over and over. I won't elaborate 'cause I've already contributed to a derailing of OP's question. I do like the points system just fine.

In OP's scenario, I'll be LBD a few things I'm sure. But once I've got it good enough, I won't spam another 100 in the hopes I suddenly learn to build an SMG turret.

Based on my priorities in game, not very long.  On Day 27 and I am working on upgrading my working/living areas only to look down at my horde base setup and see all the reinforcements I have below that I haven’t poured concrete in yet........

Good thing I noticed it on Day 27 and not during blood moon. 🤔

4 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Based on my priorities in game, not very long.  On Day 27 and I am working on upgrading my working/living areas only to look down at my horde base setup and see all the reinforcements I have below that I haven’t poured concrete in yet........

Good thing I noticed it on Day 27 and not during blood moon. 🤔

Yeah, upgrading to cement the day of a blood moon can be really bad news...  Someone, who might be me, has done that with disastrous results.

While I do have some survival experience as I've done some practicing out in the middle of nowhere with nothing but a hatchet and string, and I've studied survival techniques and whatnot for several years and I also have a collection of firearms in which I've gotten proficient with, I doubt any of that would help me against cheating zombies that always know where you are and come at you in full force every 7th day. Not to mention the fact that food is literally everywhere except in this game, not to mention how much you have to constantly eat and drink in the game, so I guess my survival on that would also be debatable if this world and 7d2d somehow merged. Zombies can easily break through any material in 7d2d, which is physically impossible in real life. Weapons are everywhere in real life and nowhere in-game.... so that's a problem too. There's also the fact that you start off as a complete moron in-game with no skills or knowledge or even physical fitness and have to read a hundred books in order to be able to do anything in-game, but at least you're capable of reading entire books in less than 1 second... right? I guess what I'm trying to say is that I doubt anyone could possibly be expected to survive 7d2d in real life... unless it was just this world + zombies, in which case, incredibly easy to survive... wouldn't even have to own a weapon. Just lock up your doors, board up your windows and let the military handle it. Besides, how incredibly dumb would the world have to be in order for a zombie apocalypse to even happen? I realize covid-19 happened due mainly to stupidity, but zombies... that's on a much dumber level.

Sorry if I rained on your parade. But reality is what it is.

35 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

Sorry, but no.

Not stupidity... if happened because of China! :nono:

We should never forget that however they try to spin it.

Who cares which country it originated in, the initial spread was caused by stupidity, nothing more. The fact that we continue to allow it to spread is just continued stupidity and the fact that vaccines are being given only to some ppl due to limited quantities is like putting a band-aid on a severed limb as it does nothing to solve the real problem, again, continued stupidity. Stockpile the vaccine until you have enough to apply it to everyone (even if it's just one state / province at a time and prevent travels to and from those areas until other areas are also cleared) and be done with this virus. You'd think this would be the common sense thing to do, but again, stupidity. In my opinion, China is the one country that handled this virus properly. Their lock down ended their problem with the virus instantly and have since been doing very well. Our versions of a lock down is a blatant joke and is the reason why it's not really effective.

Well I'd probably have an advantage if we're starting the apocalypse in our real world locations. Almost any house you raid is bound to have at least one shotgun messiah crate.

I'm thinking I'd get at least a level 3 tactical assault rifle by day 1. And since bandits aren't in yet I don't have anything to worry about! 🙂

19 minutes ago, Fox said:

Who cares which country it originated in, the initial spread was caused by stupidity, nothing more. The fact that we continue to allow it to spread is just continued stupidity and the fact that vaccines are being given only to some ppl due to limited quantities is like putting a band-aid on a severed limb as it does nothing to solve the real problem, again, continued stupidity. Stockpile the vaccine until you have enough to apply it to everyone (even if it's just one state / province at a time and prevent travels to and from those areas until other areas are also cleared) and be done with this virus. You'd think this would be the common sense thing to do, but again, stupidity. In my opinion, China is the one country that handled this virus properly. Their lock down ended their problem with the virus instantly and have since been doing very well. Our versions of a lock down is a blatant joke and is the reason why it's not really effective.

Ok, I see misinformation got the best of a lot of people... let's just end it here since this is going to become too much about geo-politics and we're going too much OT.

@Ti2xGr I can only see one major flaw with your survival plan...

On 2/11/2021 at 12:49 PM, Ti2xGr said:

Are there hot female scientists? Yes, definitely. Most from my experience. Everyone has to be able to handle a 1 meter drill filled with a 6" ice core and 18 meters of fiberglass pole, dig multiple 8x8x8 pits by hand and then fill them back up. Building wind blocks and setting up a 15 man shelter in an 80mph snow storm at 11:00 pm.

We have very different ideas about what constitutes a "hot female scientist." 😉

3 minutes ago, meganoth said:

What is the connection between Poe and 10000?

Imaginary Rank of an Imaginary Perk "Literary Genious". Whether it is the first rank or the last remains uncertain. The specific author was chosen mostly for the modern use of the name, in "Poe's Law", since Trolland is occasionally a hard one to read... :)

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

Roland who?

You probably don't remember him because he died day one of the apocalypse.  He accidentally tied his hand into the axe he was making and splitting his own head open with the first swing.  He managed to reinvent LBWSEDIW though (learn by watching someone else do it wrong).

Surviving it for me would depend on where I am initially when it starts, if I am in my home, with decent food/water supply, You could wait it out a few days. let things calm down before you venture outside. If your out somewhere well, depending where your at could be good or bad. It also depends how the infection is spread, if its airborne like in the walking dead/fear the walking dead, then anyone who is bit (which activates the virus which kills the host), or dies, has to be shot in the head, or otherwise have their brain destroyed or else they will just rise up. If its this type of infection spread your going to have a very hard time, as there will be people dropping dead from any number of things, and where its airborne, they will add to the zombie amount extremly quickly.

If its not airborne, humans will have a much easier time surviving. Zombies won't be created as fast which means they can stem the tide if they get it under control early. I mean real early, as in the first day it starts, kill all the zombies so it can no longer spread. But people who die later won't turn as they aren't infected. If there was a zombie apoc with our tech and what we know about zombie lore from all the shows and movies in the current day, we most likely already have the skills to survive pretty much. Enough people in modern countries has seen enough zombie movies/shows on average to know how to ID one if they seen one. As for guns, using one out in the open is prob the safest bet, as the zombies won't be able to zero in on you fast if your moving as they are slow. Shooting at them from yoru window though? Stupid move, as your just going to attract them and then they will attract more with the noise eventually they will get inside. What makes zombies lethal is the fact they need a head shot to be killed, and they often come in huge numbers so people get cornered. If were dealing with running zombies, your only option is to climb things to get away, as you'll never outrun a zombie, they can run forever, you can't, they will eventually catch up to you if you don't climb things as zombies can't climb.

As for how long i'd survive it depends, Did it start when I was in a safe location where I have supplies to last a few days? if so I'd prob hide out there the first few days. I'd wanna keep quiet as they are drawn to noise, but this only really applies if i'm on the ground floor, if I am in a apt building at least 3-4 floors up, you can be a bit louder with the noise as even if they DO hear it, the zombies aren't going to be able to get to you. My first worry would be food and water, especially water. dehydration will kill a hell of a lot faster than starvation will. As for weapons, the average home would have several things you could make use of if you got some tape or rope of some kind. I would also try to find some people, as saftey in numbers is a thing, i'd probably wait to look for others till my supplies are low and I am forced to go out, after the first few days anyone still alive knows what it takes to survive.

Sadly, like in the shows once zombies become less of a threat people will start causing problems for other people, and other people will become the main threat. Which is where TWD/fear the walking dead is right now, the zombies are pretty much just background noise now a days, and the show is all about the problems dealing with people in a situation like that.

On 2/17/2021 at 7:44 AM, Astronomical said:

@Ti2xGr I can only see one major flaw with your survival plan...

We have very different ideas about what constitutes a "hot female scientist." 😉

Well in My Mind, It would Be a Screamer, with the nurses outfit on, still screaming as she does and yet sounding like the nurse at the same time once her horde has been face FKD with @Ti2xGr Drill. LOL

On 2/17/2021 at 4:11 AM, Maharin said:

Yeah, upgrading to cement the day of a blood moon can be really bad news...  Someone, who might be me, has done that with disastrous results.

SAME, only steel survives really now TBH, yet this works too when you dont have the resources, even @ level 1 

125689214_7DaystoDie2020_03.27-22_40_56_08.thumb.png.39e97ef5847081dcb15688b36142df09.png1558379027_7DaystoDie2020_03.27-22_40_53_07.thumb.png.eb73b78701d8a6c056a5a3c4575728bd.png207921798_7DaystoDie2020_03.27-22_40_47_06.thumb.png.7afdb40f49d4c5f65ed90a711d1dfbe9.png1467769432_7DaystoDie2020_03.27-22_40_42_05.thumb.png.2bd193c7f4bd659b82cedcb5c30df643.png1239784935_7DaystoDie2020_03.27-22_40_32_04.thumb.png.bb71caefeee7a3846c14ce819ca3ee92.png

Kudos Players xo 😂

Being entirely truthful with myself, not many. There's too much in the 7D2D universe stacked against real me for me to make it very long. Knowing my death was inevitable, I might instead try to focus on dressing up in the most outlandish outfit I could find, so at least I'd stand out among my zombie cohort.

8 minutes ago, BubbaJoe said:

Being entirely truthful with myself, not many. There's too much in the 7D2D universe stacked against real me for me to make it very long. Knowing my death was inevitable, I might instead try to focus on dressing up in the most outlandish outfit I could find, so at least I'd stand out among my zombie cohort.

A picture of the easiest Where's Waldo in history just popped into my head.

Archived