Look How Far We've Come

Roland

One of our members, @Worrun, was a youtuber back when 7 Days to Die was still in kickstarter and he reposted the kickstarter promo video on his youtube channel to help promote the game and get more people to back it. Most likely many of our newer members haven't see how this game started out or how much it has grown and changed. 7 years is a long time but when you see the difference between then and now it is more understandable just how big a task this project has been.

Even the the comments are fun. My favorite: "lol, you can so tell the guy at the end is flexing..."

And now...lets have the inevitable discussion about what was promised in the kickstarter that ended up getting cut....

3 minutes ago, Guppycur said:

Funny, I was just watching some of the old official preview videos.  Nostalgia is great. 

...but where is my promised ability to die and play as a zombie?  ;)

huh...you don't have that? I do.

#stopbeingstubborn

2 hours ago, Guppycur said:

Funny, I was just watching some of the old official preview videos.  Nostalgia is great. 

...but where is my promised ability to die and play as a zombie?  ;)

Already implemented.  We all have continued playing after our first death...😅

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

Or after 2am in rl where you suddenly wake up and find you've been running against a boulder for the past several minutes...

Um, this never happened to me. I do fall asleep in my chair sometimes, but usually not during playing the game lol

It really shows how much has changed.

Legend has it he now benches 800kg because he flexes every time he plays the game

2 hours ago, Xtrakicking said:

I've always thought of doing a fanmade remake of that trailer with the current version of the game. I never got around to it, though.

I might just steal this idea

4 hours ago, Xtrakicking said:

Don't forget that everything needs to look just like the trailer, and to record everything on Ultra and without framerate drops ;) 

Done! I've managed to get almost everything looking exactly like the trailer too!

Probably doesn't work anymore.  MM kept dying from gravel so he removed it falling, and even tree falls don't do damage anymore.  Unfortunate side effect of MM sucking is that if something kills him he removes it from the game.  I'll be amazed if dart traps can blow gyro's anymore. 

Hell, he once had the drop key remapped because he dropped his bow.  😃

Archived