UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

Strange question, do all of our A16 unity files have to be redone for A17???

Yes/No/Depends.

If they were unity3d files you packaged, yes, you will need to import them into unity 2018.2 and make a new bundle.

If they were just textures etc, then they can just import with generally no changes.

Changes may depend on new lighting etc.

• 4 weeks later...

DerPopo, could You comment on the situation that now we can not change the texture in the "blocktextureatlases" for blocks as such, due to the introduction of stream textures. Because they are no longer presented as graphics files.

Can we some some way to change textures in (Texture2DArray)?

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

DerPopo, could You comment on the situation that now we can not change the texture in the "blocktextureatlases" for blocks as such, due to the introduction of stream textures. Because they are no longer presented as graphics files.

Can we some some way to change textures in (Texture2DArray)?

If DerPopo finds a way to do this it would be magic.

I have my doubts though due to Unity Things.

• 4 weeks later...

When trying to export any .Mesh file im getting the error, Unable to read the mesh asset, unknown format ? its the same with any mesh file, Everyone seems to say this is the prog for extracting the files so they can be loaded into Unity but not getting anywhere lol....

All i wanting to know or rather get is the Wrench object so I can see how I set up the attachments cos at the mo my current model ingame sits below the hand....

When trying to export any .Mesh file im getting the error, Unable to read the mesh asset, unknown format ? its the same with any mesh file, Everyone seems to say this is the prog for extracting the files so they can be loaded into Unity but not getting anywhere lol....

All i wanting to know or rather get is the Wrench object so I can see how I set up the attachments cos at the mo my current model ingame sits below the hand....

Which versions do you use?

Works fine for me when using AssetsBundleExtractor_2.2stableb and Unity 2018.2.0f2.

Ok so I have been scrolling through and searching this tread but i couldnt find a answer to my question.

I want to make a copy of a zombie and do add a new texture to it. Basically for variation.

I know how to export, edit and import the texture basically replace the texture.

But i need help with copying a zombie so i can retexture it. Help!

Ok so I have been scrolling through and searching this tread but i couldnt find a answer to my question.

I want to make a copy of a zombie and do add a new texture to it. Basically for variation.

I know how to export, edit and import the texture basically replace the texture.

But i need help with copying a zombie so i can retexture it. Help!

Do you want to put a new texture on the existing model in the game?

Look at the way that Mumpfy adds texture.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?104836-NEW-ZOMBIE-TEXTURES-Mumpfy

There is no easy way to directly export a model(mesh) to resources.

Just make another zombie based on the existing model with new textures(replace material) that can now be connected from .xml.

Do you want to put a new texture on the existing model in the game?

Look at the way that Mumpfy adds texture.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?104836-NEW-ZOMBIE-TEXTURES-Mumpfy

There is no easy way to directly export a model(mesh) to resources.

Just make another zombie based on the existing model with new textures(replace material) that can now be connected from .xml.

Thank you for your quick response!

So if I understand you correctly i shall

1. add a new texture to resources.assets

2. Copy/paste a zombie in entityclasses.xml

3. replace skin in entityclasses.xml with <property name="ReplaceMaterial0" value="entities/zombies/materials???/NewSkin"/>

then i have a few questions.

When i add a new material does the id need to be unique and what is mono class id?

Also what is the path i shall refere to in entityclasses.xml to get zombie texture2d?

Not exactly. UABE only need to extract textures for you.

First you need to repaint the extracted textures and create your own resource/bundle (.unity3d) with them, using Unity.

Then connect these textures from this resource, in the likeness, as did Mumpfy. (Look at his mod for example).

I've done things like this, but not with zombies. So maybe there are some nuances in the creation of these materials, which you'd have to ask Mumpfy.

He will also be able to confirm this way or disprove it.

I hope this is not too difficult, because there may need to create in addition to everything else and the materials for which and need these textures.

But another way, if you want to keep the original zeds - does not exist, except to create new ones.

Thank you for your quick response!

So if I understand you correctly i shall

1. add a new texture to resources.assets

2. Copy/paste a zombie in entityclasses.xml

3. replace skin in entityclasses.xml with <property name="ReplaceMaterial0" value="entities/zombies/materials???/NewSkin"/>

then i have a few questions.

When i add a new material does the id need to be unique and what is mono class id?

Also what is the path i shall refere to in entityclasses.xml to get zombie texture2d?

You extract the textures with uabe, edit them with whatever, import them into unity, build .unity3d files with them, then reference those with XML, like you would custom blocks, sounds, entities, items, etc.

Looks good :)!

Regarding the hairs, it's probably just to do with the other material...(perhaps it is easy to find by selecting/enumeration the material number, when you see the garbage on the head-then this is it)

But i warn you, when i tried to change the hair (UMA) i noticed that the changes are barely noticeable, and you may think that nothing has changed. This is probably due to the fact that the shaders are too dark and texture color has little effect on them.