UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

Hi crazy modders :)

I'm trying to replace textures in assets (class databases : 2018.4.17f1) but that won't works in game. UABE is using class databases for 2018.4.5f1 and 2019.1.0f3.

My version is not supported by UABE, right? Is a higher version not supposed to work?

There is no other way to do it ?

Have some good modding :)

Edited by Caskou (see edit history)

Hi crazy modders :)

I'm trying to replace textures in assets (class databases : 2018.4.17f1) but that won't works in game. UABE is using class databases for 2018.4.5f1 and 2019.1.0f3.

My version is not supported by UABE, right? Is a higher version not supposed to work?

There is no other way to do it ?

Have some good modding :)

If you can export the texture with UABE, importing should cause no harm. Does it only corrupt that specific texture or does the game crash on startup?

The class databases usually work fine for most purposes between different minor Unity releases but not always. Since recent Unity releases (5 onward) include type hashes in the files, I could at least make UABE detect such incompatibilities.

Hi Master :)

Well, I can extract textures without any problems. When I replace with the same texture, that corrups the streaming info, the game runs but stops when using this texture.

Before replacing :

Original.jpg.1ae961e2415a970df219d2a65a664f1b.jpg

Replaced with the same original texture :

After_replacing.thumb.jpg.4edf70e923da5db9326bb4c3677293da.jpg

The streaming info is more of an alternative to the image data field, that by itself is no issue.

If you raw export the modified asset, how big is the file? It should be at around 2MiB. Otherwise, play around with the texture format (try DXT1, RGB24, etc.)

It seems that there is a CRC check, the archive having changed, this blocks the loading of the asset :

MapManager: LoadBackgroundAndMaskTextures SB_N_V3_TEXTURES

UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)

UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)

<LoadBackgroundAndMaskTextures>d__67:MoveNext()

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumera tor, IntPtr)

ViewConstructor:BuildView()

ViewConstructor:Construct()

MapManager:ConstructViews()

MapManager:PreloadMap()

<ClearLoadingState>d__80:MoveNext()

UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumera tor, IntPtr)

OriginalGame:SetLoadingState(LoadingState)

CGestorAplicacion:Run()

OriginalGame:Update()

CRC Mismatch. Provided 5e1b33d2, calculated 78b6107e from data. Will not load AssetBundle 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'

Do you have suggestions

Is there a .manifest file alongside the bundle? You may need to change the CRC there. At least in 7dtd's manifest files, the CRC is stored as a decimal string. Just use the Windows calculator in programming mode to convert the 78b6107e from hex to decimal.

i need help ,i downloaded UABE and i want to add a 3d object(mesh) to game assets or replace it with an exist 3d object(mesh) so i can see it in the game the problem is : i don't know which asset file should i modify (resourses.asset/shardasset/level/globalgamemanager) also i can add the 3d object to a new unity project so i can find it in the assets files in the unity project data.......how to add this object to the game???? any help will be great thanks"""""

You know the name of the mesh that you want to replace?

Why can't you just find known name with type "mesh"?

If you open via "globalgamemanager" and find the desired mesh - you can change something to find out which asset will be saved.

So you will find out where it is kept...

Regarding the replacement of 3D-mesh.

You will not be able to do this directly, in a simple way, such as replacing the texture. You will need many answers to the questions that are covered in this thread. It is not very big, I think I have answered these questions many times.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

i need help ,i downloaded UABE and i want to add a 3d object(mesh) to game assets or replace it with an exist 3d object(mesh) so i can see it in the game the problem is : i don't know which asset file should i modify (resourses.asset/shardasset/level/globalgamemanager) also i can add the 3d object to a new unity project so i can find it in the assets files in the unity project data.......how to add this object to the game???? any help will be great thanks"""""

Maybe you can follow this thread ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2019 at 11:54 PM, DerPopo said:

I'm currently reworking the UI and doing some other internal changes. I can't give an estimate on when it'll be ready, though.

Could you give more details? There could be many reasons, such as incompatible types, bugs or invalid input files.

Any news regarding this upgraded UI, DerPopo? :) Your piece of software is really useful! Do you plan on adding new functions too?

Edited by Carpetdiem (see edit history)

Is there a way this tool could be updated to Unity 2019 3.7 or 3.3? I'm kinda desperate right now since I was trying to edit textures, but it doesn't work anymore, and I don't know any other way to do it. I tried one method, but all it does is crash my game. It said I need support for Unity 2019 3.7, so that's all I need. I don't know how else to put it so I can get some sort of response. Please respond. I don't know how else I'm gonna have to import textures into assets. This was the only tool I could possibly use.

Edited by TemporaryChan (see edit history)

On 5/2/2020 at 9:18 PM, Carpetdiem said:

Any news regarding this upgraded UI, DerPopo? :) Your piece of software is really useful! Do you plan on adding new functions too?

I am reworking most of the UI and internal logic except for the AssetsTools library. The code became too much of a mess with program logic entangled with UI and file version dependant stuff, memory management from hell and so on. Most of it was a symptom of UABE growing from a bundle export/import tool created within two days to a fully fledged bundle and .assets editor. The AssetsTools library is quite okay though. So far, most of the new foundation is complete.

Key feature will be opening files on the fly, including any amount of bundle files. File loading and other tasks run in the background and some modal dialogs will be replaced with modeless ones so the program stays responsive. Some parts of the UI will look the same even though most of the code is being written from scratch.

Bundle files with compressed directories but uncompressed data will no longer require decompression (which applies to most bundle files in PC games). I also plan on doing a proper resource / resS file management for texture and maybe audio import.

I have some plans for proper console command support but I'll focus on the UI first. At least it won't require code doubling anymore.

Windows XP support will also be dropped since it becomes too big of a burden. I don't think anyone will mind at this point but who knows ^^

On 5/6/2020 at 1:58 PM, Werk said:

Hi,I want report one problem,I been used that 2.2stable D,to modify A game,Unity ver is 2018.4.19,when I Import RAW ,Import MESH dat,but something wrong 。。

QQ截图20200506212706.bmp 2.6 MB · 3 downloads

Is the mesh file from the same Unity version as the target file (.assets or bundle)? There probably is some sort of incompatibility with the files.

On 5/3/2020 at 10:45 PM, TemporaryChan said:

Is there a way this tool could be updated to Unity 2019 3.7 or 3.3? I'm kinda desperate right now since I was trying to edit textures, but it doesn't work anymore, and I don't know any other way to do it. I tried one method, but all it does is crash my game. It said I need support for Unity 2019 3.7, so that's all I need. I don't know how else to put it so I can get some sort of response. Please respond. I don't know how else I'm gonna have to import textures into assets. This was the only tool I could possibly use.

I have replied to your GitHub issue, but I have also uploaded the classdata file for 2019.3.9 here. classdata with 2019.3.9.zip

Hi before I could extract 2d images from one mobile game, but they updated the game and now I can't get 2d images. Now I get an error " Unable to decompress the bundle file. Does anyone know how to fix it?

10 hours ago, n2n1 said:

@ DerPopo

您是否计划不先拆包就可以预览内容(纹理,模型或声音)?

这将使查找必要的数据变得非常容易。

Asstes studio can view texture and mesh

3 hours ago, Werk said:

Asstes studio can view texture and mesh

Yes, i know. But i would like to see this feature in UABE so as not to switch between programs.

I don't think this is a very difficult task for the author. In addition, it would be a very logical continuation of the build-up of features for this useful Utility.

@DerPopo

I have been using your tool to mod Gwent and have a few questions.

They recently downgraded the quality of the cards in the game because they put the game on mobile and I have been trying to restore it with the old files. the problem is that not all the files are separate. the main files of the cards are their own files, but they reference some other files for shaders and stuff. those referenced files are all bundled in one, so if i use the old files, it ends up breaking the cards that a newer then those files. Is there a way with your tool to quickly combine the 2 files into one so it will have what it needs for the old cards to be nice, and wont mess up the new ones? there is also a .MANIFEST file that needs combining, but the tool doesn't open that file.

second question, is there a way to export a skinned mesh with skeleton (like fbx) and re import it? or an option to have UV maps on the obj export? that dae. export doesn't seem to work.

2 hours ago, bbbmods said:

@DerPopo

second question, is there a way to export a skinned mesh with skeleton (like fbx) and re import it? or an option to have UV maps on the obj export? that dae. export doesn't seem to work.

No, this is not done. I think, i exported a model with bones using an Asset Studio. But i don't know a utility that can import it back.

I don't quite understand what you mean - but UV is always present on models when exporting...

10 hours ago, n2n1 said:

No, this is not done. I think, i exported a model with bones using an Asset Studio. But i don't know a utility that can import it back.

I don't quite understand what you mean - but UV is always present on models when exporting...

@n2n1

I have only used it in gwent so maybe its just a gwent issue but the obj I extracted has no UVs. I wanted to use it as a guide on how to edit the texture, but wasn't possible because of the lack of UVs.

9DUTq90.jpg

I do not promise to help...but i wonder how it is possible that the model from the resource does not have UV.... though... maybe it doesn't have textures in the game and only uses polygon coloring? In the game, does this model have textures?

If you share a link to it, i will try to refute your claim that it does not have UV...

Sometimes in a Blender it is difficult to achieve that it would show what you need. I'm not familiar with the new version, but I'll try.

PS: I always export models in obj format.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

• DerPopo changed the title to UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor