UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

At the moment i have an idea. Can try to create a new Bundle in Unity entirely.

but, perhaps there is some "protection/code" from this.

But at the moment I have not yet studied the new Unity2018, so i will not do it now...

This method works for terrain. Its what Im currently doing (building bundle + manifest in unity).

Method does not work for blocks.

The texture2darray objects that we cant get access to are the key to blocks.

Hi. Just tried the typical method to replace the textures of zombies with the UABE tool. Upon doing so, the game crashes, saying "bad_module_info stopped working". I'm guessing this is an A17 thing, since the method still works for A16.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Are you using beta4?

Both N and myself had no issue with the resources.assets file. (unless you mean you tried entity bundle - which I have no idea)

Are you using beta4?

Both N and myself had no issue with the resources.assets file. (unless you mean you tried entity bundle - which I have no idea)

I was, indeed, not using beta4. Now that I've tried it with beta4, it doesn't crash anymore, but it's not replacing the textures.

Edit: Nevermind... it worked now. Lol.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Xtrakicking (see edit history)

am I the only one getting this error: "Unable to read the mesh asset! (Unknown asset format)" when trying to export meshes from the resources.assets -file? trying to get meshes for A17 holdtypes...

Using the 2.2beta4_64bit version of this tool.. and Windows 10 if any of these make any difference?

am I the only one getting this error: "Unable to read the mesh asset! (Unknown asset format)" when trying to export meshes from the resources.assets -file? trying to get meshes for A17 holdtypes...

Using the 2.2beta4_64bit version of this tool.. and Windows 10 if any of these make any difference?

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?22675-Unity-Assets-Bundle-Extractor&p=842982&viewfull=1#post842982

Yes there is such a bug, try using beta3

Hi, it's me again.When I extracted a game that contained Live2d.I find that an asset cannot be exported completely. (TextAsset)youda.skel,I found relevant information on the internet.It's generated by a software called “Spine”.Can I export it in another way?https://mega.nz/#!ufpWTY4Z!7qki5UvQhA8ryu4sEKlE0I_VYmWIIkBgzLxLYnQQlx0This is a link.Thanks again and apologize for my English.

Please fix the window focus losing when opening file :(

Will take a look at it.

How can I add new archive in a set?

That's not supported currently. I'll add it sooner or later, though.

Hi, it's me again.When I extracted a game that contained Live2d.I find that an asset cannot be exported completely. (TextAsset)youda.skel,I found relevant information on the internet.It's generated by a software called “Spine”.Can I export it in another way?https://mega.nz/#!ufpWTY4Z!7qki5UvQhA8ryu4sEKlE0I_VYmWIIkBgzLxLYnQQlx0This is a link.Thanks again and apologize for my English.

Have you tried the TextAsset plugin (-> button "Plugins")? Since it is a binary file containing null bytes stored inside a string, the dump exporter stops at the null byte; whereas the TextAsset plugin treats it like a binary file and should output the whole file.

Will take a look at it.

That's not supported currently. I'll add it sooner or later, though.

Have you tried the TextAsset plugin (-> button "Plugins")? Since it is a binary file containing null bytes stored inside a string, the dump exporter stops at the null byte; whereas the TextAsset plugin treats it like a binary file and should output the whole file.

It works. Thank you.The content is garbled.I don't think it's that simple to extract

Guys, small question here regarding the plugin that exports texture assets into .sbsasm files - these are meant to be able to be opened using Substance Designer, right? If so, how? Can't find any info regarding .sbsasm files, so I assume they are dependencies of a .sbsar file.

Im not very familiar with that program, so I was wondering if there would be a way to convert them to a more user friendly format like .png or something.

Cheers, Mighty.

PS: By the way, glad to see this neat tool evolving since I last came here in 2016. Outstanding job DerPopo!

Edited by MightyCucumber (see edit history)

Guys, small question here regarding the plugin that exports texture assets into .sbsasm files - these are meant to be able to be opened using Substance Designer, right? If so, how? Can't find any info regarding .sbsasm files, so I assume they are dependencies of a .sbsar file.

Im not very familiar with that program, so I was wondering if there would be a way to convert them to a more user friendly format like .png or something.

Cheers, Mighty.

PS: By the way, glad to see this neat tool evolving since I last came here in 2016. Outstanding job DerPopo!

The .sbsar file contains all the metadata of the texture. The plugin only is for .sbsasm files, which are usually packaged along with (or inside?) sbsar files.

Substance textures are rather complex. From what I've read, Substance textures are used to generate textures on the fly with parameters and can also be used for animations. The only thing viable for png export seem to be the internal source textures.

Unity converts sbsar files into internal formats (ProceduralMaterial, ProceduralTexture) and the tools for Substance files are rather expensive, so I haven't done further work besides exporting sbsasm files.

Thanks for the clarification. :) Ill look a bit further into it on how .sbsar files are arranged.

Another question, with a previous version of the plugin I could succesfully extract an .obj file from a mesh asset, whereas with the most recent version I just get this error:

uabe.jpg.dec525730a879492b7233fc17ea0cc7b.jpg

Am I doing something wrong?

This is driving me insane. I've followed every step, from multiple different sources, and yet Unity STILL won't recognize the asset file. All I want to do, is import textures FROM 7 Days to Die, TO Unity.

I know how to make stuff in Unity and import it into 7 Days to Die, but SDX/Whatever the heck this is, is possibly the two most infuriating tools I have ever had the misfortune of using. My lord they don't make this easy.

So, simply stated, how the heck do I rip assets out of 7 Days to Die, like the players, items, etc, and import them INTO Unity? David Taylor brushed up on it for about 5 seconds in a single video with "...and its easy to do." Welp, it's not.

2.2 stable is out with a new MonoBehaviour 'Add' option, 2018.3 support, various fixes (including writing 7dtd's BlockTextureAtlases) and smaller improvements. Exporting Mesh assets should work again, too.

Merry Christmas!

____

@Mayic

What exactly do you want to export? Texture2D, Mesh and TextAsset assets are exportable through plugins (select the assets and press the Plugins button, only one asset type at a time) to file formats which Unity should understand.