UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, just a 2 cents on the way, a 1 cent tyvm for your tool; it is absolute caviar sir.

U'll prolly laught & i'll be honest since im 100% new to this : i'm reading this goldmine thread since days & it took me 4 days almost 10h each to figure out and succeed to change a texture2d & replace a mesh by a custom 1 ^^

Newb feedback : game was crashing each time i ran it with modified sharedassets1.assets file . Solution i found with 100% luck was combo: reinstall old unity version 5.6.5f1 64b + use the old UABE v. provided in this link http://www.mediafire.com/file/pqbbo08bdawr2vj/UnityAssetsBundleExtractor.zip . (virustotal free) unk v2.2 .This is the only unity+uabe that worked for me.

Last thing i can't figure out right now is how to add a custom mesh with custom material , or with an existing game texture2d maybe ?

Game i'm having fun with dont have xml file as far as i can tell (Cliff Empire on steam).

Does this has something to do with monobehavior files or asset data ? And if this is the case how could i step-by-step (plsss xD) add or identify/modify related one. Anyway ... no big deal ... that small victories made my day allready =) thx to you .

nb:Juste au cazou, il me semblait avoir lu que t'étais Fr aussi ; mais j'ai put me tromper ^^ Have a nice day

Last thing i can't figure out right now is how to add a custom mesh with custom material , or with an existing game texture2d maybe ?

I can only say concerning how to 7dtd.

There is currently no direct way to export a mesh to an asset using the UABE. There are tricks associated with the ability to shove any data in the RAW format. Where to get the data in this format? Response: - from some other asset which you can do yourself with the help of Unity :)

PS: but, of course, to make it complete with materials - will probably be a difficult task (mesh...materials...perhaps there is some data linking them). I did the one thing only.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

Yeh unity opens them; think of the assets as zip files and uabe as an extractor.

I can open the asset packages and extract .dat and .txt files, but I don't see a way of doing anything with them, even with the Unity editor. The text file just has what looks like metadata.

I can open the asset packages and extract .dat and .txt files, but I don't see a way of doing anything with them, even with the Unity editor. The text file just has what looks like metadata.

Mine is a question I've seen asked elsewhere while googling. It's never been answered, that I can find. Like it's the unforgivable noob question. The answer is so obvious, no one will say what it is. You should just know. Somehow.

We have all these guides to do all these fancy things, but the basics like what the file types are or how to open them are never explained.

Mine is a question I've seen asked elsewhere while googling. It's never been answered, that I can find. Like it's the unforgivable noob question. The answer is so obvious, no one will say what it is. You should just know. Somehow.

We have all these guides to do all these fancy things, but the basics like what the file types are or how to open them are never explained.

Here's my noob step by step modifyin a game mesh so far :

• Make a backup of your game folder
  • To easily identify mesh u want to modify : i use UnityStudio x64 v0.9.0/ load game "data" folder (since it has a 3d model preview panel its quite useful)
  • find mesh in asset list tab (not scene hierarchy) /right click on your mesh > show original file > that will give you the game .assets file containing the mesh
  • You can "export selected asset" to get the .obj file of this mesh , or do it with UABE like in next step.

If you allready know what mesh you r lf:

• open game file level*.assets or shared*.assets file with UABE / find your mesh / plugin>export mesh as obj
  • modify .obj result with blender / export result as .obj
  • run unity / in "Assets" tab >Import New Asset... > select that modified .obj (or simply drag your modified .obj on unity)
  • It should appear now in unity "Assets" panel at bottom of ur screen > drag it up in scene (top screen ,blue sky window) & reset its position x, y, z to 0 (in right screen panel)
  • "File" tab > build settings > build & create a result folder for it
  • open UABE > open sharedassets0.assets file in the unity data result folder
  • find modified mesh /export raw (it will be the 3rd or 4th one with name "defaut" prolly / anyway it will be the only mesh in top of the list / raw will be exported as .dat file)
  • open back game .asset file with UABE , find your target mesh to swap/ import that .dat file raw result on it .
  • click the ok button down , UABE will ask for save > save in an empty folder > then u can paste/replace the original with this *.assets file in your game "data" folder
  • run the game ; mesh should be swapped

* Works also with any 3d model (doesn't need to export/modify that game target mesh before / any 3model raw result you built in unity can be directly imported on your target). Better load both game mesh obj & the one u r gonna replace with it in blender before unity building step ;to make sure of scale/orientation match

** I find Unity studio more pleasant for sorting /preview honestly but u can get rid of it : export all target .assets file mesh to .obj in a folder with UABE, and drag all that .obj in unity who also gives a good overall 3d preview.

*** U can also use open3dmod , who gives 3d model preview aswell.

Btw i still can't figure it out : so far i can replace a game mesh, but how can i do it with material or link it to an existing game texture 2D tyvmmmm for the noob tuto answer =P (can it be done with uabe / do i have to deal with Assembly-C-Sharp.dll & dnspy ? is it possible at all ... huhu)

Have a nice day Folks

nb last for pros : feel free to flame & correct this aswell (after you'v done my tuto i mean =P)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Created an account to thank you DerPopo for this tool. I'm having a lot of fun poking around. I could use some documentation, maybe a readme file that goes over how to handle monobehaviors and animations.

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo, is there any way to make a mod that modifies multiple bundles at once? Or failing that, at least a way to run the .exe mods without clicking through the UI? I have a mod that affects 23 unity3d files, so I ended up with 23 different mod files, and I get kind of tired re-applying them all each time the game is patched. :p

Thanks friends. ^_^

Hallo, is there any way to make a mod that modifies multiple bundles at once? Or failing that, at least a way to run the .exe mods without clicking through the UI? I have a mod that affects 23 unity3d files, so I ended up with 23 different mod files, and I get kind of tired re-applying them all each time the game is patched. :p

Thanks friends. ^_^

I do not know the answer to your question, but if no one answers you for a long time - look at the whole thread, such questions have already been, perhaps you will find the answer.

• 2 weeks later...

2.2stablec is out with 2018.4 and 2019.1 support, along with an updated API.

Thanks friends. ^_^

You can create mod installer packages for the different bundles and finally create a standalone installer for all bundles using Import Package.

Hi DerPopo!

Thanks for your work on UABE. I've found it very useful.

Is is possible to keep GameObjects intact instead of exporting just the files it contains?

Maybe like exporting them to a .unity3d package instead of raw files.

Or is the only option to piece the files back together in unity?

Thanks!

• DerPopo changed the title to UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor