UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

What's the trick to editing UMATEXTURES? I keep getting Out of Bounds errors. The same procedure works fine for terraintextures and blocktextureatlases.

Hmmm...sadly. I too, soon wanted to change some UMA-textures. I will report the results.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Not the one he provided. Not working for me.

Many developers encrypt these files using custom methods, and this file is no raw Unity bundle either.

can you update the tool so it extracts assets as obj groups instead of obj objects ?

that will allow reanimating guns and tools .

There will be export support for rigged Collada meshes, and also an option to pack multiple Meshes into a single scene.

Greetings! Very good program, thanks to the creator! There are several questions: 1) When extracting dds textures that are in .assets.ress everything is well extracted, but when you try to import these dds textures back to UABE, they pack them in .assets and not in .assets.ress, it turns out that the changed texture is in .assets a in .assets.ress it does not change. For example: in .assets you can see the "cut" of .dds which weighs 100 kb, when extracted it is extracted from .assets.ress and its size is 3.6 MB. After importing it back, it becomes in .assets 3.6 MB instead of 100 KB, and .assets.res does not tolerate any changes. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Or is it not implemented? 2) When extracting .snd audio recordings that are in .assets.ress, only "trimming" from .assets is retrieved. How to pull them out of .assets.ress and pack back?

H

Greetings! Very good program, thanks to the creator! There are several questions: 1) When extracting dds textures that are in .assets.ress everything is well extracted, but when you try to import these dds textures back to UnityEX, they pack them in .assets and not in .assets.ress, it turns out that the changed texture is in .assets a in .assets.ress it does not change. For example: in .assets you can see the "cut" of .dds which weighs 100 kb, when extracted it is extracted from .assets.ress and its size is 3.6 MB. After importing it back, it becomes in .assets 3.6 MB instead of 100 KB, and .assets.res does not tolerate any changes. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Or is it not implemented? 2) When extracting .snd audio recordings that are in .assets.ress, only "trimming" from .assets is retrieved. How to pull them out of .assets.ress and pack back?

@SerCar

Yes, there is such a problem. One way to solve this is to make a Unity project containing your sounds and textures, compile it, and use the resulting resource file in mod. Do references to it from the original asset.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?76477-Replacing-Audio-File-With-Another-One

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?22675-Unity-Assets-Bundle-Extractor&p=764808&viewfull=1#post764808

and, original from DerPopo

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?32600-Overriding-vanilla-files-(assets-)&p=314195&viewfull=1#post314195

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

@SerCar

Yes, there is such a problem. One way to solve this is to make a Unity project containing your sounds and textures, compile it, and use the resulting resource file in mod. Do references to it from the original asset.

Very Thx U. I try this way.

Many developers encrypt these files using custom methods, and this file is no raw Unity bundle either.

There will be export support for rigged Collada meshes, and also an option to pack multiple Meshes into a single scene.

I'm trying to change the AssetBundle in the House Flipper game and whenever I change the dlc_preppers_asset and dlc_preppers_deps in the game logs it says "The AssetBundle 'AssetBundles \ dlc_preppers_assets' can not be loaded because it was not built with the right version or build target." screenshots: https://i.imgur.com/JAFFAmK.png https://i.imgur.com/b4jdxzR.png

Titlee

I'm trying to change the AssetBundle in the House Flipper game and whenever I change the dlc_preppers_asset and dlc_preppers_deps in the game logs it says "The AssetBundle 'AssetBundles \ dlc_preppers_assets' can not be loaded because it was not built with the right version or build target." screenshots: JAFFAmK.png.c76e56309295514dcd52d76730fc88c9.png

@DerPopo

I want to replace font named AGENCYB (Path ID is 8670) to another font. I've created a own project in Unity, imported font, builded project and even extracted raw and dump data of my font. After replacing these files to resources.assets I have instant crash upon "Precaching files". What can I do with this problem?

About Extraction of Scripts

Ancient version 1.0 screenshot

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6639[/ATTACH]

Unity Assets Bundle Extractor (UABE) is a stylish tool that allows editing asset bundles and .assets. It can export .assets files from bundles, import them back, modify most asset formats with plugins and dumps with type information and create a standalone installer from the modifications.

I tested this tool with 7 Days to Die's bundles but let me know if you encounter any bugs or if you have suggestions.

I included a 32bit and a 64bit version although it doesn't use much memory.

Installers created with the 64bit version can't be used on 32bit systems but an installer package can be exported from the 64bit version and imported in the 32bit version to create a 32bit installer.

Old changelog : here

Changes in 2.2 beta1 :

• Add batch import support for raw assets, dumps, Texture2D, TextAsset, TerrainData and MovieTexture.
  • Add an option to retrieve MonoBehaviour type information from assemblies to create full dumps.
  • Add UABE JSON dump export/import and Unity JsonUtility compatible export.
  • Update plugins for 2017.1.* and 2017.2.*.
  • Add type databases for 2017.1.0f3 and 2017.2.0f3.
  • Add a new dialog View->Containers.
  • Add a new column "Container" to the asset list to show assets grouped together properly. Base container assets can be searched for.
  • Add progress indicators for opening .assets files and batch export/import.
  • Improve performance massively for very large .assets files (opening files, selecting assets, removing assets, adding assets, plugin options).
  • Support RGB9e5Float HDR, RG16 and R8 texture formats (will still be converted from/to normal SDR RGBA32).
  • Add big endian write support (experimental).
  • Redo AssetsFileReader / AssetsFileWriter interfaces and add experimental support for more than 2045 files.
  • Improve streamed data file lookup.
  • Add mip map support to the Texture2D plugin.
  • Add compressed mesh support (experimental).
  • Add bundle compression support (LZMA only, experimental).
  • Add multithread DXT1/5 compression support.
  • Use type information to add valid assets with zeroed fields instead of empty ones.
  • Allow entering a type name instead of a type id for the Add Asset dialog.
  • Fix a bug writing .assets files that caused a missing field which in some cases caused further trouble.
  • Improve bundle decompression for LZ4 files by creating a streamed decompression interface.
  • Make AssetTypeInstance more strict on invalid assets or outdated type information (prevent out of memory crashes when trying to view or export dumps of some assets).
  • Rework the plugin interface.
  • Fix a bug importing .txt dumps with long lines.
  • Update the Texture2D edit dialog to and fix a couple of options to represent the asset format properly.
  • Change the default asset list window size.
  • Change the default name format for exports to allow UABE to find the files for batch import.
  • Make the plugin option list double-clickable.
  • Support longer engine version strings.
  • Hide removed assets from unsaved bundles.
  • Use comctrl32 6.0 for the progress indicators, which also changes the look of dialog controls.
  • Fix a couple of small memory leaks.
  • Fix a bug allowing UABE to close before saving bundles.

Changes in 2.2 beta2 :

• Add 2017.3.0f3 support (new class database, updated Texture and Mesh plugins).
  • Fix a memory issue for .txt dumps with many lines larger than 255 bytes.
  • Rework the dependency resolver to support external .assets or streamed data file references from inside a bundle.
  • Fix a crash when trying to compress some texture file formats with mip map support.
  • Fix mip maps of crunched textures.
  • Fix the container name to asset assignment with ResourceManager file tables that have names for multiple File IDs.
  • Fix a crash when an invalid File ID is entered in the Add dialog.

If you have no forum account but want to give me feature requests or want to report bugs, you can use the github page.

By downloading and/or using this software, you agree to the terms of its license ("human-readable summary").

Old releases : here

API Releases :

Sample Plugin (here or here)

2.1d API (here or here)

2.2 API coming soon

Releases :

2.1 (32bit : here or here, 64bit : here or here)

2.1d bugfix, download 2.1 first (32/64bit : here or here)

5.6.0f3 type package (for 2.1d): here or here

2.2 beta1 (32bit : here or here, 64bit : here or here)

2.2 beta2 (32bit : here or here, 64bit : here or here)

When will the plugin for Script extraction come