Snukfin's Server Side Z(S)ombies

Snufkin

The armored car (the one with the blue headlights) actually protects you from all damage when you are inside, but it doesn't damage the zombies. Sadly the vehicles in the game don't have an "attack" action yet, only the knockdown based on the velocity of the vehicle. I can make that the zombies that get near the vehicle get hurt, but it looks clunky :c

You sir are like the lego expert but for entities / blocks. The skies are the limit at what you can create with the existing assets! :)

@Snufkin, I must say thanks, because you have given me so many ideas (decorating them is one) for my zombies now. How did you discover that you could set prefabs on the zeds?

I love the wrestler buff, that penalize you if you use ranged weapons. That is something I want to add to one of my zeds. I really hate how OP guns are in this game so.. ^^

Do you know if there is an effect for setting/alter the vehicles speed? I saw this in your buffs: <passive_effect name="VehicleVelocityMaxPer" operation="perc_set" value="0"/>. But I really dunno what it does as my vehicle speed did not change. I know VelocityMax is a speed setting for the vehicle. Would be cool to have a zombie with an AOE that makes your vehicle useless.

Hello, im kinda new in modding this game, this is the first mod i downloaded, i just coppied this into config in my game folder, but when i start the game, in loading when it comes to loading block textures it just pop off the console window with NullReferenceException - Object reference not set to an isntance of an object. Running Alpha 18.3, any help would be appreciated, this mod looks amazing. Thanks

Tanzee - You need to copy the entire contents to the "MODS" folder located in your 7 Days to die game folder. It should be listed in the root of your game folder. If it doesn't exist, you need to create it and then copy those contents there.

So far these have been lots of fun but I went into a snow biome and immediately got attacked by 5 wendigos. With their HPs and numbers there is no way I can get through that much health even if I used all the guns/ammo at my disposal (I am about day 12). I am not sure if there is a way to adjust hps or at least spawn numbers but it seems like it may be necessary.

I am wondering if the correct setting to change it are "HealthMax" in entityclasses.xml before I try it and screw something up.

Other than that thanks so much for some really cool new stuff to shoot at.

Edited by CynicalGamer (see edit history)

So far these have been lots of fun but I went into a snow biome and immediately got attacked by 5 wendigos. With their HPs and numbers there is no way I can get through that much health even if I used all the guns/ammo at my disposal (I am about day 12). I am not sure if there is a way to adjust hps or at least spawn numbers but it seems like it may be necessary.

I am wondering if the correct setting to change it are "HealthMax" in entityclasses.xml before I try it and screw something up.

Other than that thanks so much for some really cool new stuff to shoot at.

Yeah, HealthMax its the line you want to change. Also, take a look at the "entitygroups.xml" file, these lines control the spawn chance.

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='SnowZombies']">
<entity name="zombieWendigo" prob="0.75" />
</append>

@Snufkin, I must say thanks, because you have given me so many ideas (decorating them is one) for my zombies now. How did you discover that you could set prefabs on the zeds?

Trial and error, I saw that that buffmolotov attaches a particle to an entity so I said "why not". Over time I discovered some rules, like that you can't attach 2 of the same prefab to the same bone, BUT some prefabs can be attached as a prefab and as a particle simultaneously :3.

Do you know if there is an effect for setting/alter the vehicles speed? I saw this in your buffs: <passive_effect name="VehicleVelocityMaxPer" operation="perc_set" value="0"/>. But I really dunno what it does as my vehicle speed did not change. I know VelocityMax is a speed setting for the vehicle. Would be cool to have a zombie with an AOE that makes your vehicle useless.

Yeah, that's a leftover line, I wanted to make the wrestler capable of stopping vehicles. So far so good it doesn't work.

Tanzee - You need to copy the entire contents to the "MODS" folder located in your 7 Days to die game folder. It should be listed in the root of your game folder. If it doesn't exist, you need to create it and then copy those contents there.

Yea, that worked, thanks so much for such a fast reply :)

Really cool modlet, it's amazing what you can do with just XML stuff.

I'm having some problems though. The custom zombies work fine most of the time, but I get errors in console during Blood Moons (null reference exception). I tried using debug mode to spawn each one to find which was causing problems, and they all work alright when there's only a few. However if I spawn in lots of them, then the Undertaker, Parasite and Geist seem to cause problems. Not sure what it is about them that causes the error though, the console isn't exactly specific and I don't know where else to look. Maybe other zombies cause the issue too, but they didn't seem to do so while I was testing. Also I could spawn hundreds of vanilla zombies so it must be a problem specific to the mod, not just "lots of zombies = problem".

Also the Banshee scream is kind of annoying. I wanted to give it a cooldown so it's not always being applied (especially when there are 2 or more Banshees chaining them), but I don't know how to do that. For now I've reduced the duration and strength but I'd like to figure out the cooldown thing if possible.

Any ideas for either of those?

Also not a problem, but if I make a copy of the Juggernaut quest in quests.xml with "zombieJuggernaut" changed to, say, zombieUndertaker, would that new quest work and drop correctly? Or does more work need to be done to make custom quests?

Thanks

For the banshee look into the "buffs.xml" file and edit the "duration" value, that's the delay between screams.

<buff name="buffBanshee" hidden="true">
<stack_type value="replace"/>
<duration value="6"/>
<effect_group>

The NRE probably has to do with the UMA zombies (all of them except the Banshee and the Archon), I'm sorry, that's not something I can fix. Try deleting the lines that begin with "feralhorde" in "entitygroups.xml" so there are no new zombies on the bloodmoon.

For the quests, you also have to create a related item in "items.xml" and add that item to the "loot.xml"

<item name="qc_killjuggernaut">
<property name="name" value="Kill a Juggernaut" />
<property name="Extends" value="challengeQuestMaster"/>
<property class="Action0">
<property name="UseAnimation" value="false"/>
<property name="QuestGiven" value="killjuggernaut"/></property>
</item>

<append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupQuestChallenge']">
<item name="qc_killjuggernaut"/>
</append>

just had a bloodmoon, was intense as heck

plenty of the new zombies, no nres

those screamers that mess up your vision are boss, adds an element of strategy have to eliminate them first or you cant see jack

died once..... from my own mininuke

got too nervous they were getting close to me and i shot it way too close to myself lol

think i would have died more if i didnt have the extended firearms mod and bdubs wasteland weapons :congratulatory: