Snukfin's Server Side Z(S)ombies

Snufkin

@Snufkin, I must say thanks, because you have given me so many ideas (decorating them is one) for my zombies now. How did you discover that you could set prefabs on the zeds?

I love the wrestler buff, that penalize you if you use ranged weapons. That is something I want to add to one of my zeds. I really hate how OP guns are in this game so.. ^^

Do you know if there is an effect for setting/alter the vehicles speed? I saw this in your buffs: <passive_effect name="VehicleVelocityMaxPer" operation="perc_set" value="0"/>. But I really dunno what it does as my vehicle speed did not change. I know VelocityMax is a speed setting for the vehicle. Would be cool to have a zombie with an AOE that makes your vehicle useless.

<item_modifier name="modVehicleMega" installable_tags="vehicle" modifier_tags="test" type="attachment">
<property name="CreativeMode" value="Test"/>
<property name="UnlockedBy" value="modVehicleMegaSchematic"/>
<property name="CustomIcon" value="armorSantaHat"/>
<property name="Stacknumber" value="1"/> <property name="Group" value="Mods"/>
<property name="DropMeshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sack_droppedPrefab.prefab"/>
<effect_group tiered="false">
<passive_effect name="VehicleFuelUsePer" operation="perc_set" value="0"/>
<passive_effect name="LightIntensity" operation="perc_set" value="3"/>
<passive_effect name="VehicleVelocityMaxPer" operation="perc_set" value="0"/>
<passive_effect name="VehicleVelocityMaxTurboPer" operation="perc_set" value="0"/>
</effect_group>
</item_modifier>

Put this in a mod, install it on the vehicle and it should stop. I guess it should work as a buff for the zombies to apply on the vehicle. (It would be neat if your electric zombie had it as an EMP-like attack)

Btw, the "modVehicleMega" already exists in the game files.

<item_modifier name="modVehicleMega" installable_tags="vehicle" modifier_tags="test" type="attachment">
<property name="CreativeMode" value="Test"/>
<property name="UnlockedBy" value="modVehicleMegaSchematic"/>
<property name="CustomIcon" value="armorSantaHat"/>
<property name="Stacknumber" value="1"/> <property name="Group" value="Mods"/>
<property name="DropMeshfile" value="#Other/Items?Misc/sack_droppedPrefab.prefab"/>
<effect_group tiered="false">
<passive_effect name="VehicleFuelUsePer" operation="perc_set" value="0"/>
<passive_effect name="LightIntensity" operation="perc_set" value="3"/>
<passive_effect name="VehicleVelocityMaxPer" operation="perc_set" value="0"/>
<passive_effect name="VehicleVelocityMaxTurboPer" operation="perc_set" value="0"/>
</effect_group>
</item_modifier>

Put this in a mod, install it on the vehicle and it should stop. I guess it should work as a buff for the zombies to apply on the vehicle. (It would be neat if your electric zombie had it as an EMP-like attack)

Btw, the "modVehicleMega" already exists in the game files.

Wow, thank you! I have to try this out now before going to bed :) And yes, an EMP area attack, that would be really cool. Thanks for the idea!

An idea for you maybe, that parasite zombie maybe could go together with the particle; p_critical? Gushing blood.

Edited by Robeloto (see edit history)

I cannot figure out how to get this to work... is this compatible with 18.4? I have it on a test server as the only mod and I cannot find any of the zombies in the F6 menu and they do not spawn. Is this only for 18.2?? Why is this not working. I run alot of mods on my active server and custom mod myself and I am lost as to why this one just does not work. Any help would be awesome because this has me stumped.

I cannot figure out how to get this to work... is this compatible with 18.4? I have it on a test server as the only mod and I cannot find any of the zombies in the F6 menu and they do not spawn. Is this only for 18.2?? Why is this not working. I run alot of mods on my active server and custom mod myself and I am lost as to why this one just does not work. Any help would be awesome because this has me stumped.

Hi, please post your server log. Also, make sure that the path of the mod looks like this (no nested folders).

UmaVJyh.png

I found it..... so in case you don't know, Linux Servers require capitalization on the mod folder structure. Your Config folder was lower case and was not loading at all. I spent 8 hours drilling down on every aspect of your mod only to finally figure out you didn't have the config folder capitalized... as your zombies are amazing, I believe the time was worth spending to get this to work!! I saw other linux server users complain that your mods don't work and this is why.

I found it..... so in case you don't know, Linux Servers require capitalization on the mod folder structure. Your Config folder was lower case and was not loading at all. I spent 8 hours drilling down on every aspect of your mod only to finally figure out you didn't have the config folder capitalized... as your zombies are amazing, I believe the time was worth spending to get this to work!! I saw other linux server users complain that your mods don't work and this is why.

OMG, you're a genius. Yeah, other user had a problem with the vehicles mod. I'll let him know.

For the banshee look into the "buffs.xml" file and edit the "duration" value, that's the delay between screams.

<buff name="buffBanshee" hidden="true">
<stack_type value="replace"/>
<duration value="6"/>
<effect_group>

The NRE probably has to do with the UMA zombies (all of them except the Banshee and the Archon), I'm sorry, that's not something I can fix. Try deleting the lines that begin with "feralhorde" in "entitygroups.xml" so there are no new zombies on the bloodmoon.

For the quests, you also have to create a related item in "items.xml" and add that item to the "loot.xml"

<item name="qc_killjuggernaut">
<property name="name" value="Kill a Juggernaut" />
<property name="Extends" value="challengeQuestMaster"/>
<property class="Action0">
<property name="UseAnimation" value="false"/>
<property name="QuestGiven" value="killjuggernaut"/></property>
</item>

<append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupQuestChallenge']">
<item name="qc_killjuggernaut"/>
</append>

NO the porblem IS the flying dudes (the banshee and archon). Even on regular nights i get a NRE with the banshee. it is any flying entitiy.

the game is trying to find an area for it to occupy and it cannot half the time so it gives a NRE.

Any chance you can uplaod a "no flyers" version of the mod?

Hello I saw that you had the xml mod with the zombies which do not appear during the blood moon, which file must be modified to do the opposite, that they appear only during the blood moon Thank you

In "entitygroups.xml" leave only the lines that start with "<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHorde" and the "<configs>" "</configs>" lines (the first and last lines)

Delete the spawning.xml file

ok i cant explain this at all. we removed the mod due the geist issue yesterday or the day before, Her and I both restored it from the recycling bin as it is the lastest version anyways. this is what i cant explain we did nothing to any of files no editing no nothing the only thing that we did was add a new mod the creature pack and it is working fine. tested solo both her and i and tested together as we normally plat and it ran fine so i have no idea what was going on llets just say it was a glitch in the matrix