Vanilla Firearms Extended

Sykriss

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sykriss,

Absolutely love the mod!  Weapons makes the game more interesting.

Please check ammo 5.56 and .45acp, can't craft HP or AP after completing pistol and sniper perks.

I believe you are working on RMR for the other pistols?

Looking forward to the new patch.

Great work!

Update:

The weapons in this mod look awesome! Only thing is I'm having some issues:

• Applying scopes or sights to weapons doesn't visually add them to the game.
  • The USP pistol shows up a weird white colour
  • Some full auto weapons bounce around in your hands as you shoot them

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 4:06 PM, gavin11489 said:

Great mod, so I fixed the 2 files causing errors for now. 

edit: this is for a19

recipes.xml 23.26 kB · 54 downloads loot.xml 13.81 kB · 49 downloads

I applied your files and I get an error in console about loot.xml saying it's not applied, does that mean the weapons won't be found in containers?

mgRi0jL.png

Edited by Zentri (see edit history)

On 8/27/2020 at 6:35 AM, Zentri said:

I applied your files and I get an error in console about loot.xml saying it's not applied, does that mean the weapons won't be found in containers?

mgRi0jL.png

The new loot structure tripped me up with the initial fixing - I've started an a19 playthrough with my group now, the attached loot.xml shouldn't have that error :)

We're on day 12 so far and all the correct mod items are showing up in loot and as quest rewards!

loot.xml

On 8/30/2020 at 1:42 AM, TheRealNewman said:

Hey Gavin11489, how did you fix the files so that they work on A19? Asking so I can perhaps fix other mods I have with this problem

Hey mate - so if you use the dedicated server with the console window thing, you get all the errors listed with whatever mod you're testing. 

So with this mod, the console tells me the 2 files with errors, then it's a case of reading through the vanilla loot.xml and the mod loot.xml (same for recipes), and comparing what's changed... it's a tedious process of find/replace for the most part, but the console from the server will often tell you exactly what failed.

With a19 the loot structure had changed a fair bit (for the better I think), so that took some time to get used to. Recipes was easy though, just check the vanilla gun recipes and compare.

Out of interest, which mod are you wanting to fix? 

Hope that helps!

On 8/30/2020 at 7:53 AM, batboyboy said:

why not awp  =)))) the AWP is a super gun =)) ...

It's really not. Counter Strike popularized it for multiple generations but it's nothing special.

edit never mind about the wrong model. lots of wrong models and errors on these guns. clearly still a work in progress.

Edited by crapass (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 7:06 PM, nightshade said:

Anyone else having issues putting a scope on a SVD?

2 hours ago, crapass said:

yup. 8x hovers about a two feet above it. talk about neck weld...

4x displays fine.

Hey! I figured I could fix this since it's in the xml, but I cannot replicate the scope being messed up on the SVD. Are you guys using other mods or anything? 

This is what my SVD looks like with 8x and 4x scope mods attached. That's using this item_modifiers xml (I haven't changed it) - replace yours and see? 

svd_scope_8_4.png

item_modifiers.xml

On 8/29/2020 at 5:45 AM, gavin11489 said:

The new loot structure tripped me up with the initial fixing - I've started an a19 playthrough with my group now, the attached loot.xml shouldn't have that error :)

We're on day 12 so far and all the correct mod items are showing up in loot and as quest rewards!

loot.xml 13.81 kB · 30 downloads

Appreciate the update! My friends and I were playing with your last files (the ones I posted the error about) and all guns seemed to spawn fine, but we ran into MANY chests having WAY TOO MANY guns from this mod in it, I'm talking one chest having 10+ guns in it and this must have occurred like 50 times between my whole server, do you think your new update fixes this?

I can post some screenshots of the loot chests with too many guns, I know it has to do with this mod because vanilla gun spawns were not affected. We'd be finding 3 each of 3-4 different guns from this mod in one chest, not every time, but very often. We were swimming in modded weapons lol.

22 hours ago, Zentri said:

Appreciate the update! My friends and I were playing with your last files (the ones I posted the error about) and all guns seemed to spawn fine, but we ran into MANY chests having WAY TOO MANY guns from this mod in it, I'm talking one chest having 10+ guns in it and this must have occurred like 50 times between my whole server, do you think your new update fixes this?

I can post some screenshots of the loot chests with too many guns, I know it has to do with this mod because vanilla gun spawns were not affected. We'd be finding 3 each of 3-4 different guns from this mod in one chest, not every time, but very often. We were swimming in modded weapons lol.

Haha, I know exactly what you mean... No, that file won't fix it, i'm still trying to figure out exactly what's causing the behavior 😕 

Glad you guys are enjoying the mod also! I'll keep going with tweaks and post them on here. 

One work around I thought of was changing the value of the mod weapons to 0 (or near 0), and the scrap return to 1 (or none) parts? that way even when you come across a chest full, the return isn't massive... thoughts? 

Any chance of a comprehensive re-issue of this mod with the fixes mentioned above? Not sure what to do with them, replace existing xml? I think the mod would be accessible to more people who are intimidated by going into the config files or such, while simply putting something in the Mod folder is easy enough.  Really like the mod and appreciate the effort in keeping it alive, just wondering if somebody can pull of a bit off QoL.

Edited by leatherwolf2000
typo (see edit history)

I have similar modlets on my page if you want to check them out. I have a modlet that adds in 4 guns and a mod that adds in 5 melee weapons (mainly bladed). I thought about reworking this mod, but I am not sure which assets were paid for, if any and don't want to risk taking an asset that was paid for.