Vanilla Firearms Extended

Sykriss

9 hours ago, leatherwolf2000 said:

Any chance of a comprehensive re-issue of this mod with the fixes mentioned above? Not sure what to do with them, replace existing xml? I think the mod would be accessible to more people who are intimidated by going into the config files or such, while simply putting something in the Mod folder is easy enough.  Really like the mod and appreciate the effort in keeping it alive, just wondering if somebody can pull of a bit off QoL.

7 hours ago, rickyralph said:

I have similar modlets on my page if you want to check them out. I have a modlet that adds in 4 guns and a mod that adds in 5 melee weapons (mainly bladed). I thought about reworking this mod, but I am not sure which assets were paid for, if any and don't want to risk taking an asset that was paid for.

So yeah, I'm in the same kind of mind set with this mod - I love it, adds a great bunch of additions to the game, but it is in no way mine to re-publish or re-release... However, yeah I'm happy to keep sharing any 'fixes' I make with you guys until someone tells me no!

In the mean time - yes, it's a case of replacing the xml's in the modlet folder with the ones i've uploaded (go from the last page and work backwards for latest). I encourage all of you to look at the xml's though, they make modding to your needs/wants so easy with this game! Happy to help if anyone has questions :)

I still have no idea why on a19 occasional chests are full of mod guns by the way... I don't really want to have to nerf the value of all the mod guns to balance this somewhat, so if anyone does know why that might be, please let me know!

12 hours ago, gavin11489 said:

So yeah, I'm in the same kind of mind set with this mod - I love it, adds a great bunch of additions to the game, but it is in no way mine to re-publish or re-release... However, yeah I'm happy to keep sharing any 'fixes' I make with you guys until someone tells me no!

In the mean time - yes, it's a case of replacing the xml's in the modlet folder with the ones i've uploaded (go from the last page and work backwards for latest). I encourage all of you to look at the xml's though, they make modding to your needs/wants so easy with this game! Happy to help if anyone has questions :)

I still have no idea why on a19 occasional chests are full of mod guns by the way... I don't really want to have to nerf the value of all the mod guns to balance this somewhat, so if anyone does know why that might be, please let me know!

Maybe set the spawn chance to a lower percentage? Form 0.5 to 0.3 ?

Not that I would know, but that seems to be where the issue is occuring.

Hello Everyone, 

I spent some time today learning the a19 loot system a bit more, and I've put together a much more balanced loot.xml for the mod! 

You will only find mod weapons when you find a vanilla weapon in chests and what not. (This is what was causing the chests full of guns!!) I've now changed each mod gun to have a 0.3 probability when you find a vanilla gun, which seems to have fixed the over spawning.
Also, i've added the a19 loot tiers (0 to 3), and 'balanced' the mod guns a bit. For example, you shouldn't find a mod desert eagle with a vanilla 9mm pistol... But you might find a 9mm revolver or a makarov.

To use this, just replace the loot.xml in the mod directory (or rename it for backup if you wish).

Any questions, feel free to ask!

loot.xml

On 9/19/2020 at 10:12 AM, gavin11489 said:

Hello Everyone, 

I spent some time today learning the a19 loot system a bit more, and I've put together a much more balanced loot.xml for the mod! 

You will only find mod weapons when you find a vanilla weapon in chests and what not. (This is what was causing the chests full of guns!!) I've now changed each mod gun to have a 0.3 probability when you find a vanilla gun, which seems to have fixed the over spawning.
Also, i've added the a19 loot tiers (0 to 3), and 'balanced' the mod guns a bit. For example, you shouldn't find a mod desert eagle with a vanilla 9mm pistol... But you might find a 9mm revolver or a makarov.

To use this, just replace the loot.xml in the mod directory (or rename it for backup if you wish).

Any questions, feel free to ask!

loot.xml 11.5 kB · 20 downloads

You sir are a blessing.

I have been desperate for this mod to work in A19 and I am personally glad you took up the task to make this work.

18 hours ago, SnowStorm93 said:

You sir are a blessing.

I have been desperate for this mod to work in A19 and I am personally glad you took up the task to make this work.

You're welcome! I really like the variety this mod adds too. I shall keep updating/fixing what I can until the mod author gives a proper update. So far though, I think that latest loot.xml spreads out the weapon variety to a decent degree, but do let me know your thoughts.

On 9/27/2020 at 3:21 AM, gavin11489 said:

You're welcome! I really like the variety this mod adds too. I shall keep updating/fixing what I can until the mod author gives a proper update. So far though, I think that latest loot.xml spreads out the weapon variety to a decent degree, but do let me know your thoughts.

Props to you. Updating and also giving out fixes on your free time. Salute to you.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, CrazyAluminum said:

Just an FYI to everyone -- I didn't upload this. I have no problem of course, it's not my mod. BUT, from what I can tell it does not include my recent fixes, so I would not consider it the same as what I have done. The poster does mention this forum in the comments, but until Sykriss gives his update, please use what I have posted before commenting here to avoid confusion.

17 hours ago, iokjgertbhi said:

i notice that the m9 carabine deals 1 of damage

Not sure what you mean exactly? the m9 carbine is working using the 2 files I have posted previously, can you provide more details? 

Quick check of the loot group on the left reveals the change in the current version of the game simply wouldn't apply, because the loot group with those names do not exist anymore in the current version of the game. However, loot groups on the right image exist in the current version of the game, so whichever version is on the right side would most likely be a better option.

4 hours ago, mr.devolver said:

Quick check of the loot group on the left reveals the change in the current version of the game simply wouldn't apply, because the loot group with those names do not exist anymore in the current version of the game. However, loot groups on the right image exist in the current version of the game, so whichever version is on the right side would most likely be a better option.

Exactly my point, thank you - I just want to avoid confusion and for everyone to be on current changes. The one on the right is my latest changed loot.xml.

I stated before I didn't want to re-package the mod as I don't own any of the assets or know where they come from, but I'm happy to keep updating any of the xml files as needed since I enjoy this mod too. I just hope anyone who does re-package (I have no issue of course) checks the full forum post and provides enough info (a link back here) for anyone trying to use the mod..

2 hours ago, danielspoa said:

guys, are we allowed to modify the textures? would have to work on adapting those to PBR, at least at a basic level

It's written somewhere that this can only be done on condition that it isn't will published as a separate modlet and only for personal use

Edited by CrazyAluminum (see edit history)

On 10/20/2020 at 6:12 AM, danielspoa said:

I would use for my dedi server, which means making those changes available for download to its players. I do upload resources but not the xml tho, so my mods are never functional outside my server.

I wouldnt distribute them as part of any other modlet either.

The way I see it is any updates / changes / fixes or whatever are fine so long as they are posted here for everyone to use, and no one starts re-packing parts of other peoples mods/changes etc..

Saying that, if you know how to update the textures, I say go for it dude! I'd do it myself if I knew how.. 

2 minutes ago, gavin11489 said:

The way I see it is any updates / changes / fixes or whatever are fine so long as they are posted here for everyone to use, and no one starts re-packing parts of other peoples mods/changes etc..

Saying that, if you know how to update the textures, I say go for it dude! I'd do it myself if I knew how.. 

There are only models, no textures

Been clunking on this for a few days now, anyone else having the issue that the M1P Carbine does 1 damage (calculating to whatever your skill level is and what limb you hit?).

Can't figure it out.

I've gone through the Items.xml and compared the entry to several other weapons and I could not tell you where the fault could possibly originate from. If anything, I feel like somehow the model is to blame.

And before you mention it, yes, I did try all the patches in this thread, none of them changed anything in particular that would make it work.

Edited by Davidos667
Add. Info x2 (see edit history)

Alright, so, for some reason I can't edit my post, whatever.

I've fiddled with the stats of the weapon a bunch, and I've discovered the ammotype is to blame. For some reason it functions fine when swapping it to 7.62.

I will report back when I find out why this is.

Edit:

So I've discovered adding the tag '9mmGun' to the tags, like so:

<property name="Tags" value="weapon,ranged,holdBreathAiming,reloadPenalty,gun,barrelAttachments,sideAttachments,smallTopAttachments,mediumTopAttachments,stock,magazine,drumMagazine,firingMode,selfLoading,bottomAttachments,attPerception,perkDeadEye,9mmGun,canHaveCosmetic"/>

fixes the issue.

Frankly, I find this ridiculous, but it is what it is.

Edited by Davidos667
Solved. (see edit history)