Vanilla Firearms Extended

Sykriss

This modlet adds over twenty firearms to the game, complete with custom animations, icons, sounds, attachments, etc. I did my best to make them up to vanilla standards as I don't want things disrupting the players immersion. It also adds two (2) new ammo types, .45acp and 5.56x45mm, to serve as intermediate rounds. They are all balanced and integrated into the vanilla loot, trader, and recipe/schematic tables so you shouldn't be drowning in guns everywhere (I had some testers confirm this before public release).

Full list of included firearms:

Pistols:

M1911

Mark 23

Glock 17

Makarov

TEC-9

P250

Walther P99

USP

.45 revolver

9mm revolver

Desert Eagle in 44 mag

Shotguns:

Full length side-by-side

RSX-1, semi auto shotgun

Full length over-under

Single barrel shotgun

Rifles:

M1 carbine in 9mm

SKS

Ak-101

AR15

HK416

G36C

SVD

SCAR-H

SCAR-L

SG-553

Sporting Rifle (5.56x45mm bolt action)

Varmint Rifle (9mm bolt action)

SMGs:

AKS-74u

Vz 62 Skorpion

Micro UZI

Mac-11

UMP-45

PP-19

Skorpion

Video:

Edit: RIP, uploaded the wrong video

Edit 2: did not actually upload the wrong video. HDD filled up and it got cut off. I'd like to actually play 7dtd for a bit now though, I'll re-record the video tomorrow. *sigh*

DOWNLOAD

PIP Optics Compatibility Patch available here

Pistol RMR Compatibility Patch available here

A lot of time and effort went into this, so feedback would is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Edited by Sykriss (see edit history)

i tested the mod and works really fine but hk 416 needs more recoil , scar h need reload sounds,

It also provides the mod with the PIP patch and works correctly even the loot seems moderate, excellent mod

Thanks for the feedback! I'll bump up the recoil for 5.56 weapons in a hotfix. They are a bit laser-beamy, you're right, haha. Regarding the SCAR-H, there seems to be a bug with that particular holdType and/or reload animation. I've set it to have a reload sound in the xml, but no matter what I do, it won't play a reload sound upon reloading. I even tried calling one from a separate xml line with an onReload trigger and it didn't work. I think the reload sounds for that particular holdType are just bugged. I'll probably convert it back to using the same holdType as the AR15/SCAR-L.

Sorry about the delay on the full length showcase video, lol, just been actually playing the game for a bit lately instead of modding it ^^

Good Afternoon Sykriss, I like the look of this mod, and wanted to ask if this is in my mods will others need to have it downloaded as well or if it runs with others connecting to my game?

It is in modlet form and is self contained, although (correct me if I'm wrong) clients will need the localization.txt for the names and descriptions to show correctly. Everything else should should just download to client when they connect.

Wow, very nice, 7dtd has been missing a mod like this for a18 not sure if jayic has updated his. My fave so far is the sks :congratulatory:

I just found SKS yesterday when I was looting, I was on my way back to base with full inventory and then I realized it's 7th night, almost 22:00, I quickly closed the game and I'm scared to continue. ?

Edited by mr.devolver (see edit history)

This is awesome! Is there any chance of getting this to work with the overhaul mods, like Darkness Falls?

Thanks for the kind words! I personally don't use any of the large overhaul mods, and I haven't had anyone try using VFX with one. In theory there's no reason why it shouldn't work, the only thing I imagine might be problematic is if the mods replace the vanilla ammo, add weapon mods, and/or heavily modify the loot tables (to the point where the vanilla ones are no longer used). I'd just give it a shot and see what happens, it doesn't overwrite any vanilla files, only appends them. If there are compatibility issues that arise, if anyone feels up to the task of making a compatibility patch I'd be more than happy to list it in the OP.

Thanks for the kind words! I personally don't use any of the large overhaul mods, and I haven't had anyone try using VFX with one. In theory there's no reason why it shouldn't work, the only thing I imagine might be problematic is if the mods replace the vanilla ammo, add weapon mods, and/or heavily modify the loot tables (to the point where the vanilla ones are no longer used). I'd just give it a shot and see what happens, it doesn't overwrite any vanilla files, only appends them. If there are compatibility issues that arise, if anyone feels up to the task of making a compatibility patch I'd be more than happy to list it in the OP.

If it is ok with you Id like to add this modlet to the next release of Ravenhearst. I will keep it as a modlet but edit it so that it can work with our progression and recipes etc. If permission is granted i would gladly send you the file so you can include it in the opening post.

If it is ok with you Id like to add this modlet to the next release of Ravenhearst. I will keep it as a modlet but edit it so that it can work with our progression and recipes etc. If permission is granted i would gladly send you the file so you can include it in the opening post.

For sure! Just PM me a link when it's finished and I'll put it in the OP.

noticed some of the weapons stay in the loading animation, ie single shotgun, double barrel, .45 revolver

and no reload noise on the scar

no biggies for me though, but might bug others, dunno

keep up the good work

Thanks for the feedback! I ran into this a few times myself, wasn't 100% sure what was causing it, although in retrospect I now have a theory. For now you can fix it by putting the gun that's having issues into a container, or dropping it on the ground, then picking it back up again. Be careful when dropping them on the ground, though, as the physics colliders are a bit funky and I'm not sure how to correct that.

The scar H reload sound not working seems to be a bug with that particular animation set, I don't think the devs added the trigger inside the animation to call the reload sound, as no matter what I do, I can't get the reload sound to play or any effects to be triggered with "OnReloadStart" and "OnReloadEnd". I'm giving it some time for a possible fix to come forward before I convert it back to the regular AR15 animations as I really like that anim set, it fits the SCAR platform very nicely.

If you're going to use this mod, might I suggest adding in this guy's Picture-in-Picture mod for the scopes? There's already a patch for it, so integration shouldn't be that much more work. Personally, I'm convinced that this is how views through scopes in 2019 should be, and REFUSE to play with the standard tga overlay anymore.

Watched the videos and love what I see. Thank you for making this! Definitely gonna give this a try!

As a side note I'm not 100% certain but clients will need to download the custom icons as well in order to see them?

I'm not sure myself, actually, to tell ya the truth. I know xml files are downloaded to client, and I'm pretty sure the asset bundles are too, not sure about the icons and localizations though.

So we are having trouble with some of the schematics not unlocking the crafting of their guns. Does anyone have any advice? PP19 and ump45 are the ones we have had trouble with so far. Also it appears that the 45 revolver doesnt exist in the crafting menu.

Hello Sykriss!

Nice work. Can you please give us more information about the mod in the first post?

Example:

Version 1.0

compatible with 18.3 and 18.4

I host four seven days to die server, for me it´s so much more comfortable to see, which Modlets have an update.

Thank you in advance!

Sorry everyone, I kind of burned myself out with 7D2D and have been on a Pokemon binge (working on completing the national dex).

What are the 2nd download packages for exactly?

Those two packages are intended to be used with my PIP optics mod and RMR replacer mods. They enable the use of the PIP optics with all of the new firearms, and enable the use of the RMR optic with the new firearms. Without those two, the PIP optics mod and/or the RMR replacer mod won't work correctly with the new firearms.

Hello Sykriss!

Nice work. Can you please give us more information about the mod in the first post?

Example:

Version 1.0

compatible with 18.3 and 18.4

I host four seven days to die server, for me it´s so much more comfortable to see, which Modlets have an update.

Thank you in advance!

It should be compatible with all 18.x versions.

One issue I've had is the silencer is not visible when applied to the Glock 17. The gun is silenced but I can't see the actual silencer on the gun.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll get that patched along with the other fixes in the next hotfix release.