Vanilla Firearms Extended

Sykriss

i noticed that i cannot scrap certain things anymore, like cans, iron armor and tools, some guns, and other items. i also have found 1200 rounds of 5.56x45 Nato but no guns from the mod

For me scrapping items still works as it supposed to do. I can also find both the schematics and the guns themselves in the world.

I did notice that with a full auto mod in the SVD, the gun sound only sounds once:

Line 2616 in items.xml:
		<property name="Sound_loop" value=""/>

Replace with:
		<property name="Sound_loop" value="svd_fire"/>

Furthermore, I have created a progression.xml file to enable crafting of the weapons based on skills. Simply put it in the config folder of this mod and you'll be able to craft the guns, provided you've levelled up the appropriate skill. Gunslinger for the pistols and SMGs, DeadEye for the rifles, MachineGunner for the ARs and Boomstick for the shotguns. Most open up at level 1 of the skill, and need a workbench to craft, but the higher level guns open up at level 2. This can be adjusted according to your own taste easily. I might set the desert eagle to level 5 or make that schematic and lootdrop only, just like the desert vulture in vanilla.

Example:

Line 5 in progression.xml:
			<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="1,5" value="1" tags="gunmakarov">

Change to
			<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" level="2,5" value="1" tags="gunmakarov">

if you want the Markarov to open up at level 2 Gunslinger instead of level 1.

You can download the progression.xml here.

I have tested it, but if you find any issues let me know. I'll see what I can do.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed this mod however None of the ammo or guns are showing icons.  

Need Help!

I assume you downloaded the rar from JustMarquez, extracted it and placed it in a folder "mods" in the "\..\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die" folder?

Make sure you have the following 4 folders in there: Config, Resources, Sounds and UIAtlases. That last folder should contain another folders called "ItemIconAtlas". In there you should find all icons for the guns and ammo (43 files in total). If not. Download again, extract and try again.

• 2 weeks later...

So another thing I found in the mod was that the M1 was improved to doing no damage to only one damage. Where would you have to go to modify the value and how do you even do so in the first place? It seems like all the values dont want to be modified

3 hours ago, Downsdollar said:

So another thing I found in the mod was that the M1 was improved to doing no damage to only one damage. Where would you have to go to modify the value and how do you even do so in the first place? It seems like all the values dont want to be modified

I don't know which files you used but when you download the archive from justMarques' post of 19 February, the M1 should deal normal damage. As far as I know the damage if the gun is set in lines 1320-1323 of the items.xml. Most (if not all) machineguns actually inherit the damage and handling stats from the base game AK74 and is tweaked for the different guns.

• 2 months later...
On 3/11/2021 at 5:49 AM, Downsdollar said:

You need to add to M1 weapon tag "9mm" otherwise it will do 1 damage to zombies. There is also another way to do it...

Go to items.xml, find M1, scroll down to this section showed below

<effect_group name="gunAK47">
        <passive_effect name="MaxRange" operation="base_set" value="80"/>
        <passive_effect name="DamageFalloffRange" operation="base_set" value="50"/>
        <passive_effect name="DamageFalloffRange" operation="perc_add" value="-.2,.2"/> <!-- random effective rng -->

In this section you can add this:

<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="base_set" value="35"/>

This line of code will set a base damage of the weapon but 35 doesn't mean it will deal 35 damage, the damage is calculated in different way which I don't understand as the bullets and weapons themselfs has damage stats

There is also another issue with crafting HP and AP ammo of 5.56 and .45 bullets, because of no progression.xml AP and HP (and crafting boxes of this ammo) is not possible even after completing sniper perk skill and the other one for magnum ammo.

I'm not going to create a progression.xml but you can do it yourself or add my code to your existing progression file. If you want to add below code to existing progression file, ignore <cfg> and </cfg> tags

<cfg>
    <!-- 5.56 HP,AP & bundle ammo crafting fix -->
    <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkSniperAPAmmo']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked']/@tags">,ammo556mmBulletAP</append>
    <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkSniperHPAmmo']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked']/@tags">,ammo556mmBulletHP</append>
    <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkSniperComplete']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked']/@tags">,ammoBundle556mmBulletBall,ammoBundle556mmBulletAP,ammoBundle556mmBulletHP</append>

<!-- .45 HP,AP & bundle ammo crafting fix -->
    <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkEnforcerAPAmmo']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked']/@tags">,ammo45BulletAP</append>
    <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkEnforcerHPAmmo']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked']/@tags">,ammo45BulletHP</append>
    <append xpath="/progression/perks/perk[@name='perkEnforcerComplete']/effect_group/passive_effect[@name='RecipeTagUnlocked']/@tags">,ammoBundle45BulletBall,ammoBundle45BulletAP,ammoBundle45BulletHP</append>
</cfg>

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...