Vanilla Firearms Extended

Sykriss

im having an issue that i could use help with. im 20+ days in with loot chance turned up a little bit and every single ammo loot crate/bags only has 5.56 ammo and nothing else i havn't found a single weapon from the mod and the only way i've got any vanilla weapons is by crafting them. i have a couple of storage crates full of 5.56 ammo at my base. any advice would be nice. plzz and thnxs in advanced

p.s. i should add im only using bdubs vics, creature pack and this mod, so i dont believe its a conflict problem(but i could be wrong). I am also using the a19 compat mod for VFE maybe its is the compat mod.

Edited by Herbie (see edit history)

Can someone help me? I installed the mod and gavin11489's fixes but the icons are not working. Everything related to this mod has no icons.
The only thing related to UI i have is Riles-HUDPLus1.07

Update: Just noticed that the mod isnt working. I installed it on my server only and it gives and error stating that it couldnt find the unity3d files.

Edited by corvo404 (see edit history)

6 hours ago, corvo404 said:

Can someone help me? I installed the mod and gavin11489's fixes but the icons are not working. Everything related to this mod has no icons.
The only thing related to UI i have is Riles-HUDPLus1.07

Update: Just noticed that the mod isnt working. I installed it on my server only and it gives and error stating that it couldnt find the unity3d files.

All mods that have something more than .xml files - must be installed on client

My version of the mod, items.xml fixes ak101 and m1p-carbine: Vanilla Firearms Extended Patch by Craluminum.zip

From your side you need to rename ak74.unity3d to ak101.unity3d.

I don't recommend to use my loot.xml, sorry, but it have all my changes from items.xml

Edited by CrazyAluminum (see edit history)

16 hours ago, CrazyAluminum said:

All mods that have something more than .xml files - must be installed on client

My version of the mod, items.xml fixes ak101 and m1p-carbine: Vanilla Firearms Extended Patch by Craluminum.zip

From your side you need to rename ak74.unity3d to ak101.unity3d.

I don't recommend to use my loot.xml, sorry, but it have all my changes from items.xml

Thank you! It worked very well. Unfortunately the optics are not working for me. Seem like the PIP Optics are not working
And also some guns like the m1-a and the varmint rifle are dealing only 1 dmg.

Edited by corvo404 (see edit history)

11 hours ago, corvo404 said:

Thank you! It worked very well. Unfortunately the optics are not working for me. Seem like the PIP Optics are not working
And also some guns like the m1-a and the varmint rifle are dealing only 1 dmg.

I'm so sorry, I forgot to rename guns names in item_modifiers.xml

I am also having an issue with images for the weapons and ammo in this mod not displaying.  We just get an item that we identify by mousing over it.  If its ammo, there is just a number of ammo.  Is there a fix for getting the icons/images for the ammo and guns to display?

20 hours ago, CrazyAluminum said:

Thank you so much, i was able to get all the guns working because of you.
But the only thing bugging me out is that i dont know how to craft any of the rifles (Scar, AK101, etc) for some reason, i have MachineGunner on max level but it seems to be bugged or something. I checked the XML and everything seems fine.

For example the SCAR-H. UnlockedBy MachineGunner but i still cant craft it.

<property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkMachineGunner,gunMGT2SCARHSchematic"/>

23 minutes ago, corvo404 said:

Thank you so much, i was able to get all the guns working because of you.
But the only thing bugging me out is that i dont know how to craft any of the rifles (Scar, AK101, etc) for some reason, i have MachineGunner on max level but it seems to be bugged or something. I checked the XML and everything seems fine.

For example the SCAR-H. UnlockedBy MachineGunner but i still cant craft it.

<property name="UnlockedBy" value="perkMachineGunner,gunMGT2SCARHSchematic"/>

You need to add the same to recipes (I play without perks, traders and Stone Age)

2 hours ago, nightshade said:

So I have everything maxed out and some of the ammo like 5.56AP and weapons are still locked despite completing the skill book tree. Any idea how to fix it. I'm also having trouble finding any 5.56 ammo in crates. 

With Stone Age (Gamestage 1-14) you can't find 5.56 ammo, I'm using Fawk Loot All for all that https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/1004

On 11/3/2020 at 2:57 AM, Doommaster23 said:

So can someone please post how they got the loot xml files to work instead of glazing over it? Multiple people have said they got it working with out showing how or sharing files and the ones that did the files are gone

This is what i;ve been using for weeks with no issues (my edits).

I gave details previously as to what I've changed to make things work inline with the new tiered loot system, but ask if you want more details or want to know how to adjust anything to your style of play - my group of 6 have been using this for a few weeks now without any problems.

To use the attached xml files, just download the mod from page 1 and replace those original xml files.

loot.xml recipes.xml

On 10/27/2020 at 4:12 AM, CrazyAluminum said:

Hello, is there any chance you could tell me how to fix the 1 damage thing? i have everything working except those 2 rifles

On 11/13/2020 at 3:32 AM, nightshade said:

Yeah. even though ive read all the books I can't craft things like bulk .45 ammo 

Fixes for Vanilla Firearms Extended Patch A19:

recipes.xml Delete tags="learnable" from ammo45BulletBall and ammo556mmBulletBall recipes (OTHERWISE you won't be able to craft .45 and 5.56 common ammo)

items.xml Add 9mmGun to Tags of gunm1pcarbine and gun9mmrifle (OTHERWISE will deal 1 damage)

items.xml Rename Meshfile of gunak101 to the #@modfolder:Resources/ak74.unity3d?ak74 (OTHERWISE will gets a lot of red errors)

UIAtlases/ItemIconAtlas Rename ak74.png icon to ak101.png (OTHERWISE icon of AK101 will not be displayed)